Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Count me in please if there still is room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Roydrowsy posted:

Count me in please if there still is room

i just sent in my flavor answers.
it might just be the oddest thing i've written in a long, long, long time.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

CCKeane posted:

Pmom's flavor is that he is a fart warrior that does battle by stunning his foes with particularly stinky farts.

I am pretty sure I hear him say this yesterday waiting in the check out line at the grocery store, so we should be safe to go with this.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

It was a blood fart

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Confirming. Won't be around until the afternoon though.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

hey guys!
how did the Gladiator feel after performing cunnilingus for the first time?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Roydrowsy posted:

hey guys!
how did the Gladiator feel after performing cunnilingus for the first time?

He was Glad He Ate Her.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

that is all for now.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

##vote Omega Goo

I DID hear about the bicycle race, and that wasn't what it was called.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

##challenge

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

i just hope we get to smash something.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

EccoRaven posted:

I want someone to mod a steven universe-themed game so I can play in it.

dibs on BabyMelon

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

actions in...

nobody touch my key, or i will crush you

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Why would Goo want me to win? What are you talking about Goo?

Also, it was never my intention to win the game, it was my goal to finish with a key in hand and get an "item" as a result.

I did what I had intended to do. If you were invested in my victory, you might have wanted to say something.

Hey... Didn't goo become hated? Perhaps they have a way to wager on these contests. Could that be it?

Is Goo the Pete Rose of Mafia?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

I think Goo is the gambler from "Kenny Roger's The Gambler"

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

On the surface, Keane would have us think that he isn't invested in the outcome. That, of course, begs the question: why enter a tournament that he doesn't care about?

Looking carefully at his posts, I feel like he is making this up to cover up something deeper:

I think these quotes prove that Keane is emotionally invested, and suspect that he is trying to go unnoticed so that he can sneak his way towards the finish.

I call. ##vote CCKeane

This stuff you pointed out, it seems more like dramatic flavor play than anything. Perhaps they are playing Nicholas Cage from Leaving Los Vegas, or an emo kid.

So in that regard I think your argument is off at this point. (Unless it's a ploy to use nihilism as a way to hide lovely actions) which will take some time to show.

But I don't think looking at this as a case is bad. I think initiating the serious scum hunt is good for business.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

While I appreciate that people thought my case on Keane was genuine, I'm curious how people took it seriously when I took the above quote and pasted it as

I'm sure people have figured this out at this point but the goal was just to put out something for people to react to and judge accordingly.

##vote KB

I like this less.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Roydrowsy posted:

I like this less.

I am not above posting things to seek out reactions fro. Which to make judgement, but typically I ask for people to try and clarify and summarize information.

This feels more like a "trick" which puts you in a position to label people scummy for not having seen through your trick, it leaves things too open to your interpretation.

I don't know if I find it scummy, but i don't like it.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

imgay posted:

My main problem with the challenge is that it took way longer than expected, I thought it wouldn't be more than half an hour. I really got upset when I logged in this morning and people were calling me a baby for falling asleep. Its really upsetting since I'm a grown man.

I just took it as that I broke your spirit.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

OmegaGoo posted:

So what was your reasoning here? I understand items are nice, and hell, they might help town in general, but why not try to actually win?

I had a few reasons.
First- getting the crown means you can't be executed today, or lynched. That is great and all but the odds of that happening are like 1 in 17.

So I can work really, really hard and fight to win something that I have a 1 in 17 chance of needing, that works for one day, or i can work a little less hard and win a mystery item. The big prize didn't seem worth it.

I think I made the right choice as my does not expire, and ultimately will have more use to the town than being unlynchable for day one.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

OmegaGoo posted:

Trying to keep 16 different people's posts straight has been rather difficult.

Opop is seeming scummy to me for the same reason as in WIFOA... which means he could be town. I know for a fact my scumdar needs work, so as of right now that's a null-leaning-town there.

MMT is doing that thing that promotes discussion. Regardless of alignment, that's a pro-town thing. Null-leaning-town there.

I want my question to Roy answered. Nothing yet there.

KingB is town.

Considering my track record on betting, this might not be saying much, but I'll bet that one of Pmom or Keane is scum. Nothing solid there yet, so no vote from me yet.

TMM, aside from the glory, why did you want to win the challenge?

Took the children swimming today. Just skimming Thread now for major developments won't get to seriously post much till after they are in bed

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Pinterest Mom posted:

This is bad I'd vote imgay.

I don't enjoy it much myself, but I also don't take it particularly serious.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Birdstrike posted:

This Omega-Roy exchange stands out to me so far. Roy doesn't so much ask whether Omega being hated is the result of a bet as he seems to know in advance what Omega's flavour is.

One of the things I do, is I think things over while posting. After mulling over what had been said over night, I put the pieces together.

They turned up hated.
They were bummed I lost.
The only reason that me losing would be a bad thing, is it led to their hated status.

Thus, goo had an opportunity to basically bet on the game (ala Pete Rose who only gets talked about in Cincinnati)... As it happens, they essentially said this in a post that I missed in my morning review of events.

Then I made a gambler reference because it seemed obvious...

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Birdstrike posted:

This Omega-Roy exchange stands out to me so far. Roy doesn't so much ask whether Omega being hated is the result of a bet as he seems to know in advance what Omega's flavour is.

Maybe I am just really smart?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

imgay posted:

I bet your kids peed in the pool

I'd have been disappointed if they hadn't. What is more American than that?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Birdstrike posted:

Yeah maybe.
I was thinking in the circumstances I would have asked OmegaGoo before reaching that conclusion, but as I said in the challenge doc I am a stupido.

My position is that if a thought comes to me, I am just going to throw it out there. If I throw questions out like that, it is usually a conclusion I have drawn that I am throwing out there to see what people think.

I try not to be too picky and edit myself because you never know when an idea might make for a useful clue or conclusion... And should I ever turn up dead I never feel bad about not having said something.

But time to do some things, back In a few hours

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

okay.. i have some time to go over this stuff. Evidently I have a handful of votes... I'm not sure why yet...

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

I have a massive headache right now, but there's something that reads as tonally off about Roy's post here. I'm not entirely sure how to articulate it, but I get the ~~~vibe~~~ of someone that wants to post, but really has nothing to say. I find it odd that Roy doesn't provide any substantive content until Murmur provides him with an easy target (1).

Does anyone else get this vibe?

in regards to this..what exactly, of substance, took place in this game before the first challenge? Murmur was really the point where actual things started to happen. Should I have attempted to make a serious inquest into the scumminess of somebody based on their ability to pun?

OmegaGoo posted:

Also, my bet on Roy is the main bit in our interaction here, I could ask the same questions of Narc and QPQ. Did it look like they were actively trying to win?

not sure if that was answered yet, but it seemed like for the most part, they were. Three people with keys were heading to the finish line. I was nowhere near it.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

Feeling much better! Let's begin again.

Upon revisiting this post, I think I can better explain why it set me off. The first three lines strike me as defensive. There's no reason for Roy to distance himself from Goo, nor any reason to explain his motives in last night's challenge. While claiming "it was never my intention to win the game" appears to be pro-town, it doesn't make sense on second thought. What sort of player would not play to win? Protection from the lynch is protection from the lynch. Saying that you had no intent to win is defending behavior that needs no defending.

And then there's this post, which is just repeating objections that were previously raised in a slightly different packaging before doubling back. It's meaningless and meandering. I don't know what Roy's position actually is, and her following posts leave me even further confused as to what her position actually is.

damnit i typed a response and it deleted itself.
First part....

Saying I had no intent to win is just me being honest about what happened. I have explained this. The contest was a 1 in 8 shot to win a prize i had a 1 in 17 chance of needing.
I could play those odds, or go for the 1 in 4 shot of winning a 'mystery prize' I looked at the odds, and chose the better odds.

Second part..
I have tried to make my posts meaningful, but I have been trying to make sure that my count went up so I didn't get replaced, as I saw that my posting was a bit short at the start of the day.

But, here is another thing that I have already explained in this game.

I don't know how other people put their posts together, but here is my process.
I read a bunch of stuff. I click the button to reply. Then I type as I think through it all. I attempt to type and publish all of my ideas. I will point out, as best I can, the things I do and do not like. Just because I don't like something does not mean I have made the decision that it is scummy. If you are unsure about my position, feel free to ask. Typically, I don't throw my votes around all that much. I'm not much for voting to put pressure on people.

my Goo vote is a joke so ##unvote

There are things I need to review before I try and post a new vote.. I am still going over everything from the day.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Birdstrike posted:

I don't think you get to question anyone's intent to win after you sat in the corner after picking up an item key.

right?
you picked up a key and pretty much walked off. at least i explained why i did what i did.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Birdstrike posted:

My comment wasn't directed at you it was directed at QPQ because I was salty he took my key.

I don't feel analysing the effort in the challenge is conducive to scum hunting, I will look more at some of the slap fights we have had so far.

no... i know... those comments are for QPQ as well.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

OmegaGoo posted:

I voted you for three reasons:

1) You weren't really posting anything that looked like content.

2) You voted me without interacting with me or even mentioning me at any point except

Which had nothing to do with anything I had been talking about, since I was talking about my ROLE INTERACTIONS, which, of course, have earned me the Hated status. You think I'd be willing to risk that status if I was scum?

3) You blatantly shut down my questioning about your vote. I had no interest in voting you until you decided that you weren't going to interact with me further until I did.

Points one and two make enough sense, but three... They explained why they voted so it doesn't work.

I will say, I get the feeling at times that goo posts in a way that is similar to me, I think they are more likely to just spout off ideas more than strategically plan their posts out, so some of the things you point at as questionable, I don't know if i agree with.

I realize this suggests that I am in kahoots with goo, but I'm not. If we had secret dealings, they would have known my intentions in the challenge before I went into it, I would have suggested they bet on somebody other than me, and ended up hated as a result.

Just a heads up, I will be gone for most of the day, I am helping interview people for jobs at my school, but I will be around well in time for deadline.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

and now that you've chided me for not understanding your positions, would you please tell me your positions

because my previous post about not understanding your positions was intended to get you to explain those positions, not explain to me that you can explain those positions.

thx

what is it you wish for me to comment on?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Roydrowsy posted:

As stated earlier, Murmer's move doesn't sit very well with me. The move feels really contrived, and designed to serve as a trap to conveniently trap somebody for a silly reason. That being said, with everything else that is going on, I don't see the point in trying to pursue a Murmer lynch at this point.

I agree that Bird seems pretty town.

I like Garth and Madman, I get town vibes from them so far.

I've played with Goo before, and Goo's play seems currently consistent with how they have played town so far.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Roydrowsy posted:

i have to read more before talking about Ecco and Yumming

but it bothers me that both made the statement about having a hard time "breaking into the game"

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Birdstrike posted:

yuming in the space of three hours went from having "a draft on Ecco" to all aboard AnonNarc, and not that close to deadline.

CPig's vote seems opportunistic, I think there are scum on both wagons and my guess is that he is the scum on yuming.

there is a lot about CPig's posting that doesn't feel right to me.
they have cast 4 votes in the game so far, and none of them comes with an real justification or reasoning, it is often in agreement or confirmation of things other people say. It's not like they're really playing the game, but they're still around and doing stuff.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

i am around...

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

##vote yumming

re-reading their game play.. there is just so little to it.

their "best read ever" lacks anything along the lines of substance.

AnonymousNarcotics hasn't been playing radically better, but they've had a little bit more to offer in terms of discussion

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

I wanted to check in. The weekend has been busy so I've not had time to play much. I am going to try and find some time to read over everything and get caught up on posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

How the gently caress is it scummy to prevent a no lynch? I didn't vote her before then because I didn't think she was scum. And oh, look, I was right.

Working in read through now.

My time zone stuff might be messed up, did this vote come in right at deadline or an hour before?

If it was right on deadline, than it makes sense. If it was an hour early, it makes a little less sense. Plus inventor role doesn't seem like a scum ability.

Read through continues.

• Locked thread