Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Welp I don't really think yuming is scum but let's not no lynch. ##vote yuming

thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Uuugggghhhh.

##Vote: Narco

Opopanax posted:

Well that's encouraging.

What?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Narco, please claim.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

I am in a rush today and unfortunately did not have a lot of time to devote to posting over the weekend. I really didn't think she was scum yesterday, hence the "uugggghhhh," and I was hoping she would post something to alleviate some issues surrounding her.

I don't agree with merk's case on Goo. The guy has seemed consistently engaged with the game and I don't get the sense that he's not scum hunting. Haven't been able to do more than skim Narc's case on MMT, but it's certainly a dramatic shift from what I remember of her usual play style.

Getting off early today, so I will be back with more substantial contributions around 6:00 PM EST.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

QuoProQuid posted:

I am in a rush today and unfortunately did not have a lot of time to devote to posting over the weekend. I really didn't think she was scum yesterday, hence the "uugggghhhh," and I was hoping she would post something to alleviate some issues surrounding her.

I don't agree with merk's case on Goo. The guy has seemed consistently engaged with the game and I don't get the sense that he's not scum hunting. Haven't been able to do more than skim Narc's case on MMT, but it's certainly a dramatic shift from what I remember of her usual play style.

Getting off early today, so I will be back with more substantial contributions around 6:00 PM EST.

She referring to Narco.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

merk posted:

##vote OmegaGoo

You seem pretty certain Anarc is town for no reason I can discern.

Except he's explained his motivations? His misgivings toward the Narc lynch are derived from his stated objection is that he's uncomfortable with how quickly pressure has built on Narc (1) when the thread shouldn't be rushing into lynches at all (2).

merk posted:

This post. If you thought it was a weak case where were you yesterday trying to get us to lynch someone else? What does the weak case say about alignment? How can you say QPQ made the scummiest vote and then not vote him?

This dude isn't scum hunting.

This is dumb, because you can think someone did something scummy in a particular context but vote elsewhere.

Birdstrike posted:

QPQ's only contribution today is to vote AnonNarc and then encourage her to claim. No thoughts on the game except an "ugh."

I think all but one of the votes currently on AnonNarc are from people who didn't vote yuming yesterday, so I can see some consistency there. QPQ did lynch yuming though and I don't know why he's on AnonNarc now.

yo, bro, tell me what your thoughts on narc are B)

Why MMT is Scum: A Case By ANarc

On day 1, she made a fake case against keane to see what people's reactions would be. Not knowing the case was fake, some people agreed with the case, others immediately said she was scum, others (like me) said it was a bad case, but it was pro-town that she was scum hunting. Now it is clearer that fake content is all she can come up with.

How is MMT scumhunting if she's only posted fake cases, as you say? I think you are trying to cover your sudden shift in opinion on MMT (1)

Obviously I don't agree with people who think I'm scum, but at least I can understand how some of my posts may come off scummy to certain people.

Meta is one thing, but this is literally "too scummy to be scum."

However, MMTs "reasons" to vote me are all completely made up. I'm not going to quote every single post because most of this exchange happened on this exakt page (24). Here's the post that started the argument. Notice bolded parts.

This was the post in question that PMom called out. Specifically, regarding whether or not imgay had, near that point, been trying harder than before. I went back a few pages and didn't see anything game-relevant.

I'm trying to put myself in ANarc's shoes here if I were asked that question. If I were town and telling the truth about my read on imgay, I feel almost certain I would have quoted his effortpost specifically and further explained why I felt the way I did.

ANarc's answer (which had me confused because after reading the exchange I still didn't know to what she was reffering) didn't have that vibe. She doesn't quote it, nor does she particularly seem to want to talk about it. The guarded feel I get from her response is that she was fabricating an opinion on imgay that she couldn't defend.

##vote ANarc

Uh wow I just saw the item thing so I'm going to react to that in another post.

This stuff is just made up to make me look bad, and I bet she's hoping no one will go back and actually look. When I called her out on the lies, she said:[/quote]

I find it difficult to believe scum would think they can get away with such baldfaced deception.

The next thing she says to try and frame me is

This is actually the complete opposite of what happened. I called qpq out for making a scummy vote, but I never voted for him.

MMT is trying to fabricate content to make me look like scum because the people who aren't on the Vote ANarc Bandwagon yet know that there is no case.

Admittedly a point in Narco's favor.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

:siren: Hey, I just saw there is a challenge coming up. I would kindly ask that if you received an item in the last round that you not sign up for this competition :siren:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

MAFIA EDIT: I like that Narco made a case, but I don't think most of it stands up to scrutiny. It reads like someone who has a suspect in mind trying to find evidence rather than the other way around.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

CCKeane posted:

I plan on signing up, even though I have an item!

HOW ABOUT THAT!

That's dumb. I really don't think items should be consolidated in one or two people.

communism forever

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

EXAKT Science posted:

THE SECOND CHALLENGE IS NOW ACCEPTING SIGNUPS!

The first three players to ##challenge will be entered. I also need three players who are not taking part to ##volunteer for special duties in this challenge!

##volunteer

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

nnnnooooooooooo

violence is wrong

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

CapitalistPig posted:

Anarc probably isn't scum.

Just sayin

why

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

I am very excited to read poems.

Show me your best Sylvia Plath, WIlliam Blake, or e.e. cummings impression.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

OmegaGoo posted:

I think I'm going to lose this one. I think I'm being a bit too creative.

Let your creativity be boundless

unless your creativity sucks

in which case, keep that thing in check.

CCKeane posted:

I write poetry like I make love: poorly, with a lot restrictions. and rarely.

Shall I compare thee to a summer day?

EccoRaven posted:

my poem was inspired by a text I received from a friend a few minutes ago.

some poems
like texts
eschew proper formatting (and often seem needles
sly broken)

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

OmegaGoo posted:

So I shouldn't be inspired by ee cummings and throw up on the page?

if you like your poems let them
walk in the evening,a little behind you

then people will say
"Along this road i saw a princess pass
on her way to meet her lover(it was
toward nightfall)with tall and ignorant servants."

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

A LIST OF THREE POEMS:

- e.e. cummings in a rush
- Benjamin Franklin's "Fart Proudly" set to Robert Frost
- MY BARREN WOOOOOOMMMMBBB

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

CCKeane posted:

I'll keep the golden sword.

Who wants the second?

Give it to Birdstrike.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

That works too I guess.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

I'm here!

Do we really have 10 minutes until the deadline?

Please give me summaries of what is happening ASAP.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

I don't get a scummy ~~~vibe~~~~ from MMT. Are there any alternative candidates or are we just trying to secure a lynch?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

King Burgundy posted:

You have more time now but other people mentioned recently include AN, Goo, Me, and you(by me).

Thanks. Now that we have time, I am going to make myself dinner and finish up my read through. Still on board with Narc based on what I have finished thus far.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm here but I'm not gonna get to a computer before 9 as I'm drinking with the team and don't want to be glued to a phone.

I stopped voting anarc on the hunch that cpig is a cop.

I am a town dreamcop - that is, I can read flavor and role but not alignment.

Imgay is The Rhino, a tracker.

To KB - I think you're scum but didn't consider that it's not polite to case you while you're gone. I hope we're both around tmrw.

##vote Goo - hopefully everyone else is right and I'm wrong. If it's me its all good, hopefully you guys can cracked the case after I flip!

what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuccccckkkkk

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

merk posted:

I might switch to MMT here.

Why? Do you think scum would just casually toss that kind of a bomb when not under pressure?

What do they gain?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Birdstrike posted:

On second thought

##vote MurmurTwin

Explain.

Goo's at -1.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Birdstrike posted:

It's not a particularly townie claim, and scum could use their result to look like they're helping without doing much.

which immediately makes them a target of the town's ire

and puts themselves out in the open and forces them to post results/ explain why they aren't dead yet

it's dumb and pointless

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

CCKeane posted:

My shield got stolen.

Welp.

I had the same thing happen to me N1. The item was protection related.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Regarding merk:

EXAKT Science posted:

It is now Night 2!

Please send me all night actions no later than 10 PM Eastern Time tomorrow, though sooner is better. Remember that you can use One role action and One item action per night.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Opopanax posted:

Did you mention that before?

I didn't. I was afraid of outing a possible power role.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

CCKeane posted:

Can you explain your logic with this?

I was pretty sure who had stolen it from me, based on the events of D1, and didn't think he was scum. I'm not sure about my original guesstimate now.

There's also the fact that role power means nothing about your alignment, and I didn't want to risk giving away information if it wasn't necessary.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

MAFIA EDIT: That this is the second protective item that's been stolen and that Keane was the target, when he's read as solidly townie to me the entire game, makes me uneasy.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

CCKeane posted:

I am pretty opposed to somebody stealing a power item away from me, and I am suprised you wouldn't, at the least, mention that you had an item stolen.

So you have some ideas? I'd really like some details there.

I thought the thief was Birdstrike, based on our back and forth about the key item. I don't get a scum read from him though.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Opopanax posted:

Ah yes, the old town thief routine. You know you could say it was stolen without accusing anyone, right? Like, that's pretty important knowledge for the thread to have

How exactly would my confession have benefited the town?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Opopanax posted:

Do you think he's scum now?

No.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

CCKeane posted:

Town would be more inclined to use one shot items, for one.

Again, it didn't register as a threat. I just attributed it to Birdstrike getting back at me for the D1 Activity.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Opopanax posted:

Then why out him now?

QuoProQuid posted:

I'm not sure about my original guesstimate now.

QuoProQuid posted:

MAFIA EDIT: That this is the second protective item that's been stolen and that Keane was the target, when he's read as solidly townie to me the entire game, makes me uneasy.

pls learn how to read opop

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Opopanax posted:

Then why out him now?

May as well shoot merk.

Why the rush?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Opopanax posted:

QPQ how did you know it was Birdstrike?

jesus loving christ opop read the thread

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

I'm not stalling, just waiting for town consensus on to whom to gift my item. Also afaik I can only give out the items I "invented"

Give it to Keane.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

I'm suffering from information overload right now, so in the interests of keeping everything in order:

I. PMom targeted CPig last night and failed. PMom's action can be confirmed by the opposite party and there's no reason for CPig to lie.

II. Roy targeted Ecco last night and succeeded. Roy's action was confirmed by the opposite party before he actually appeared in the thread. There is no reason for Ecco to lie.

III. imgay tracked merk to MT and Anarc. Three possible scenarios:
  • 1.) imgay is lying scum and merk is honest town. Situation requires scum to be dumb, by exposing themselves, or confident that they will win today, meaning they can gamble it all. Regardless, there seems to be little to gain and a lot to lose for scum!imgay. It also ignores the results of D2's lynch. Dismissing this scenario.
  • 2.) imgay is telling the truth and merk is lying scum. Appears to be the simplest solution to the problem, but requires merk to have an item. One solution to the item problem is that scum have a power that allows them to give items to one another. Certainly not unimaginable, and might point attention toward Narco.
  • 3.) "The Merk Hypothesis:" imgay and merk are both telling the truth and town. Merk was "forced" to do the nightkill. It's possible, and would make some sense in an unconventional game, but it seems too convenient to me. If Scenario III.3 is correct, then it essentially throws every track/watch into contention. I don't like this scenario and I don't like merk. Scenario Probability: 2 > 3 > 1

IV. merk watched Narco last night and witnessed no visitors. Two thoughts:
  • 1.) merk is telling the truth, which means that Narco looks much better. Jives well with scenarios III.2 and III.3.
  • 2.) merk is lying and his result is an attempt to save a fellow scum-mate after attention has been on her for the last two days. Jives well with sceario III.2

V. Bird targeted Keane last night. Result is confirmed by Keane in thread and indirectly by QPQ, who witnessed theft N1. Possible scenarios:
  • 1.) Bird is scum and is stealing items to weaken the town. It makes sense to target Keane, who has attracted minimal suspicion by the town, because it strips him of a power. Raises the question of why he would claim in the thread, but scum!Bird might have seen that as unavoidable.
  • 2.) Bird is town and stole an item to support his dumb-as-hell plan. Requires a lot of different variables to work exactly right and there's pretty severe consequences if he is wrong. Devoid of context, Scenario V.2 seems to be the most probable, but Bird's content doesn't strike me as scummy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Some miscellaneous thoughts:

Keane is correct to say that it's really odd/convenient that everyone with a sword was targeted last night. It could be luck, but I dislike those odds.

CPig's "hiding" seems to be confirmed, but is it possible for him to be scum? I don't ask this to insinuate CPig is scum, but because I'm not familiar with the hider role and how "verified" CPig can be.

Roy stuck out to me as suspicious D1 but he's fallen into the background since then. I'll need to reread myself, but did he do anything of note D2?

• Locked thread