Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

ulmont posted:

...as a Packer. His first NFL throw was as a Falcon.

He threw 2 picks and 0 completions with the Falcons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

marioinblack posted:

He REEEEEEEEEEALLY didn't want to play here.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

marioinblack posted:

...and the first pick, Favre's first NFL pass, was a pick-6.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

I'll take a page outta WugLyfe's book and do a similar Toxx:

I will sample and journal my experiences with a local food/consumable item from each city the Broncos lose to this year.

Sincerely hope you're enjoying a delicious Z Man or steak after Thursday.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I'm half hoping the Bills game goes south to have an excuse to eat buffalo wings that aren't simply franks'n'butta

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Parmesan Basil posted:

:toxx: 2: If Alex Smith completes a pass that travels more than thirty (30) yards in air, I will make a donation to a charity equal to the yardage of the pass itself. The charity will be decided upon at a later date (it will probably be someone like RAINN or SPLC or ACLU but I will take suggestions!)

http://gfycat.com/PlumpUnpleasantAfricanhornbill

I'm tired as gently caress but I think I got one.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chromatic posted:

That's only 26ish from scrimmage but Parm didn't specify. So call it 35 bucks to a charity?

Doctors without Borders is my vote.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Chromatic posted:

That looks like it goes at least 33 yards through the air in that gif. He throws at about the 42 and it is caught on the 25, or so.

Grittybeard posted:

That's only 26ish from scrimmage but Parm didn't specify. So call it 35 bucks to a charity?

Doctors without Borders is my vote.

He said through the air, not from scrimmage. :shrug:

Edit
I vote that he donates to the Battered Women's Justice Project.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Sep 22, 2015

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Pro football reference calls it a 30 yard gain and the ball did travel further than 30 yards in the air so I think that's a swish.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201509170kan.htm

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

WugLyfe posted:

I'm half hoping the Bills game goes south to have an excuse to eat buffalo wings that aren't simply franks'n'butta

Had to look up food popular in Detroit and I guess it's Coney dogs. How fun.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Chromatic posted:

Pro football reference calls it a 30 yard gain and the ball did travel further than 30 yards in the air so I think that's a swish.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201509170kan.htm

Yeah I've been waiting for an actual stat place to call on this. The broadcast called it 29 so I thought I'd eke by. My wife's between jobs right now so as soon as that's settled I'll post a confirmation from Doctors Without Borders for $30. There's one!

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

As promised:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Dammit Parm, I may not always agree with you (3 years later and I'm starting to about Smith), but that was respectable.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
:toxx: if the Green Bay Packers do not make the playoffs this year I will compose an original song about our failures, with my dulcimer and voice alone. It'll be really bad.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
:toxx: If the Jets makes the playoff I will write a minimum 1500 word erotic fanfiction of Fitzpatrick and Todd Bowles where Fitzy is a Harvard student and Bowles is a professor. Or it could be a college football player/coach scenario, whatever.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

Nah, if the Browns beat the Ravens I'm already defeated

:smug:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

Dammit Parm, I may not always agree with you (3 years later and I'm starting to about Smith), but that was respectable.

Of course! I am a man of my word and will respect my prior agreements!

(I certainly couldn't claim to be a Justice Poster if I didn't.)

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
:toxx: crossposted from the Andy Dalton thread.

Cole posted:

Andy Dalton is not an elite quarterback.

If Andy Dalton wins a playoff game, I will eat my words. I will spell out "Andy Dalton is not an elite quarterback" with alphabet soup. And then eat it.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The highest of stakes.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

NC-17 posted:

The highest of stakes.

It is when you consider the choking hazard.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

It is when you consider the choking hazard.

If you can choke on alphabet soup, seek medical attention immediately.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Chili my man...

:ughh:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 14, 2015

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

Only on Sunday nights. Does that mean it's in my head?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
It was a good one liner.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Chilichimp posted:

It would be a mirror of Andy Dalton in the playoffs.

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

WHO DAT? Who gives a damn?
If Sean Payton and Drew Brees (unless it's injury) leave New Orleans, ban me. :toxx:

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Toxx Fulfillment Part I: Andrew Lucks Passing Gives Me the Runs

So as promised every time the Broncos lose I would post a gastronomic journey into the world of food that is popular to the city that they lose to. This week it was Indianapolis, and as is no surprise, Indiana is known for deep fried, bland, uninteresting food. I am of course talking about fried pork tenderloin sandwiches. I have never had one until this point, and though not terrible, will probably never have one again. There are only like 3 places in Denver that even serve this poo poo, so I went to the closest Irish Pub (mostly because green is not gender specific and I was feeling particularly immasculated) with my buddy and sat down to what would more than likely be the second disappointment of the evening after watching the game.

Quarter 1:

Started off with a Guiness, which much to my surprise, they served at an Irish pub. It was like CJ Anderson: thick, black, and ultimately unsatisfying. While waiting to order my buddy and I started watching Sunday Night Football(TM) against our will as it was on every TV despite it being Dallas and Philly, though Al Michaels was already way more drunk than I was at that point which helped me feel better.

Quarter 2:

While watching Demarco Murray play Russian roulette with his ACL, our food arrived. First was the potato soup, which was a thick, white, creamy substance, which I can't possibly think of a humorous analogy to explain it, so we will leave it at that.

Then came the sandwich, which reminds me nothing of Peyton because it had no noodles. It was pretty salty, like me during the game, but all in all not the worst thing. It was like having a chicken-fried steak on bread, kinda juicy, and really brought together by the dijon whateverthefuck stuff they put on it. I will be honest it was definitely better put together than our drat offensive line.

Quarter 3:

At this point the game is tied at 7 at the half and I have just about lost it listening to Cris Collinsworth talk about how he wants to have Dez Bryant's illegitimate butt baby that I decide it is time to step the game up:

Quarter 4:

So I ask my buddy if we can go to an arcade bar which he obliges only to realize that fucker didn't bring his ID, AGAIN! He doesn't drink, and apparently decides that if he gets in a serious accident we will never know because they cannot identify him. Son of a bitch, they don't check ID at the pub but they do at the arcade bar so there goes a whole evening of hijinks I would have outlined here. Anyway, I hope this was as uninteresting for you to read as it was for me to eat. At least if Denver loses next week I can handle some loving KC BBQ.

And quality will not get better on future posts as I do not plan to do this very much. gently caress me if I have to eat Boston Clam Chowder week 12.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
For future reference a proper deep fried heart attack pork tenderloin should be approximately 4 times the surface area of the bun.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I can't wait until the Broncos lose to the Raiders so you have to consume your own body weight in sketchy truck tacos and Bud Light.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Thank you TurboFlamingChicken for bumping the thread and keeping your word!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

Then came the sandwich, which reminds me nothing of Peyton because it had no noodles. It was pretty salty, like me during the game, but all in all not the worst thing. It was like having a chicken-fried steak on bread, kinda juicy, and really brought together by the dijon whateverthefuck stuff they put on it. I will be honest it was definitely better put together than our drat offensive line.

That's a really underwhelming tenderloin sandwich. They're supposed to look more like this where it's ridiculous that a bun is even involved:

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

That's a really underwhelming tenderloin sandwich. They're supposed to look more like this where it's ridiculous that a bun is even involved:

Give me this

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

I would eat that

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Jesus gently caress I would die thank Christ Indy can't beat NE

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

God drat it they make them THAT big? I got screwed!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Grittybeard posted:

:eyepop:

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

It's probably cheating since it's late in the season and this is like betting on the chalk but if the patriots don't go 19-0 I'll pay for a fancy dinner of a poster of whatever team beats us. Ex: if the Bills beat us I'll buy you a hooters gift card. OR if you'd rather that money go to charity I will only donate half to charity

Editbut I also get to choose what you eat

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

It's probably cheating since it's late in the season and this is like betting on the chalk but if the patriots don't go 19-0 I'll pay for a fancy dinner of a poster of whatever team beats us. Ex: if the Bills beat us I'll buy you a hooters gift card. OR if you'd rather that money go to charity I will only donate half to charity

I will take my dinner in the form of a steak when the Falcons with the Superbowl.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Prepare to ship that to the UK when Chips Wild Ride de-rails the evil schemes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Gonna go get some Sushi at Morimoto's place out in Napa after Seattle defeats you in the Revenge Bowl.

• Locked thread