Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
utonium
Dec 17, 2002

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I started buying buckboard bacon a while back and if you haven't tried that you should! It's made of pork shoulder and the stuff from Applegate Farms (I don't know if it's the same for other brands) has 20 calories a slice. :yum:
I looked it up because I've never tried it. They call it "Good Morning Bacon" - http://www.applegate.com/products/natural-good-morning-bacon

Good morning indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

I volunteer for a film festival in town and tonight there's a big screening of submissions. It also happens to be a sleepover at a place with a hot tub. :)

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Hoping against hope, I checked to see if Amazon had a particular item my son would lose his mind over if he got it for his birthday. They had it, I ordered it, it came today (his birthday's tomorrow), and it's a million times better than I expected it to be, even given the photos and reviews. I can't wait until tomorrow!

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Hirayuki posted:

Hoping against hope, I checked to see if Amazon had a particular item my son would lose his mind over if he got it for his birthday. They had it, I ordered it, it came today (his birthday's tomorrow), and it's a million times better than I expected it to be, even given the photos and reviews. I can't wait until tomorrow!

Happy birthday to your son! :D

Today I tried out Payday 2 (it's a free weekend on Steam) and ended up playing with some very nice goons who showed me the ropes and stuff and had a good time.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I received a blowjob on Wednesday. Going to have a marathon sex session tonight.

I'm a vegan and I don't do drugs so sex is pretty much it for my hedonism :buddy:

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Serperoth posted:

Happy birthday to your son! :D

Today I tried out Payday 2 (it's a free weekend on Steam) and ended up playing with some very nice goons who showed me the ropes and stuff and had a good time.

Game is amazing when you play with goons. Plus the developer posts mostly cute cat pictures on his twitter so you know he's cool.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

Game is amazing when you play with goons. Plus the developer posts mostly cute cat pictures on his twitter so you know he's cool.

Yeah it's really fun when playing with friends. Which is a stark contrast to how poo poo it is to play alone or with pubs. It's basically "generic fps but hit "f" and wait for awhile sometimes"

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

It took two days, but I finally crammed 5 classes into my schedule. I recently lost my job, so I decided to take a semester just doing school, and I'm really, really scared because depression usually gets the best of me during school but the whole reason it was so hard to get those classes in is because I'm in an intensive outpatient program and the appointments are at the same time as half the classes I wanted. I'm feeling like maybe with these two things together I can really succeed this year. :unsmith:

ALSO: my childhood dog just got cancer, BUT I found out she has between six months and a year left so I get to see her one more time.

e: I just realized how loving depressing that all was. I promise they're all hopeful stuff.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
A nice thing for someone else! I'm getting an ice cream cake for my mom's birthday in a little bit and might decorate it up with something silly myself :3:

Also, gonna leave these here to pass along some niceness to anyone that needs it, hopefully it brings a smile :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2e_M06YDyY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGK84Poeynk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otnyM9RJG4o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFzXaFbxDcM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdAZ79AhcfY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLO7tCdBVrA

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Centripetal Horse posted:

My first thought was, "Now you can jerk off in any room of the house." I wonder if that's a normal thought.

Well the fact I can masturbate in peace did not slip my mind.

A customer at the smoke shop earlier today complimented me on my hair cut and it made me feel loving awesome. :c00lbert: Thanks for reaffirming it, stranger.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

I had my prescription coverage from my college take $50 off the cost of the special cream my dr prescribed because I broke my rear end!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
This is pushing it because it happened Saturday, however I've been too busy to post about it until now- I married my favorite person in the whole world and the wedding went about as perfectly as expected :buddy:

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

C-Euro posted:

This is pushing it because it happened Saturday, however I've been too busy to post about it until now- I married my favorite person in the whole world and the wedding went about as perfectly as expected :buddy:

Hooray, congratulations!!

I got into work before 8:15 and had very little traffic. That was also with stopping to get a coffee first. Love leaving work before 4:30.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Set up the second job interview I've gotten in two weeks. Things are happening for me!

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
Some bad but then good!

Found out my car needs expensive repairs and so I was carless and stuck moping at home for the day. But when I told my friend about it she dropped everything and grabbed her adorable 3y/o daughter and picked me up for lunch and just general hanging out. It was so much fun and when she brought me back home her daughter said she wanted to stay with me instead of going home. :3:

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I had a very promising job interview today.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

More of a "whole office nice thing" but my employer brought in a bunch of breakfast pizza today, and also had a local coffee shop guy stop by for our morning pick-me-up from 8 to 10. Plus another coworker brought in fresh tomatoes from his garden and I snagged the only one that looked like a :butt:. So far, a good day :)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I was singing while I cooked dinner and my bird sang and danced along with me (by which I mean he bobbled around on my shoulder like an idiot and said HEY every few beats)

wootsie
Feb 27, 2013
My dad took me out to dinner and while the waitress was cleaning off a table next to us, she knocked over her tray. Another coworker came and helped her clean up, and as they were leaving, I noticed an ice cube on the floor. I didn't want to be a bitch and point it out to them, so after they left, I picked it up (mostly because I know I'm clumsy enough to slip on something like that and could just imagine someone else also doing it). The manager was apparently behind me, and thanked me. I said it was no problem. When our waitress came back, she told us the manager wanted to comp us free dessert to take home (we had already asked for the bill).

I then went home, and smoked a joint about two hours later, and then remembered the dessert in the fridge and it was doubly awesome.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I am very proud of you.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I got my car registered and the DMV didn't manage to find anything wrong with my paperwork this time!!! I got the wildlife plates so they have a bird on them :hellyeah:

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
Today is my birthday :)

My husband knows I want to get us a parrot next year, and got me a bunch of books on raising and caring for parrots. He even offered to go get me one for my birthday if I wanted, but I want to research more before we make the plunge.

I also got a card from my mom and dad, together!!! I haven't gotten a card from both of them where they signed the same card in years. Made me feel good.

And to top it all off, I had to yell at the cable, electric, and the phone company today, and I ended up managing to save us an extra 150 a month!

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I got my car registered and the DMV didn't manage to find anything wrong with my paperwork this time!!! I got the wildlife plates so they have a bird on them :hellyeah:

Is it a self portrait? :v:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Disco Salmon posted:

My husband knows I want to get us a parrot next year, and got me a bunch of books on raising and caring for parrots. He even offered to go get me one for my birthday if I wanted, but I want to research more before we make the plunge.

I also got a card from my mom and dad, together!!! I haven't gotten a card from both of them where they signed the same card in years. Made me feel good.

And to top it all off, I had to yell at the cable, electric, and the phone company today, and I ended up managing to save us an extra 150 a month!

Happy birthday! :cheers:

Got my electric bill in the mail and somehow got credited back $92 and change :aaa: guessing it's all the fluctuation from summer to winter (usually around $60/month summer from AC use, barely have to use heat in the winter so it drops as low as $20-25) but was a nice surprise anyhow :)

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Disco Salmon posted:

How cool, today is my birthday! One day later than yours, so not as cool as it could have been.
I didn't get a gift from my parents, but my boss got me some booze and a cute little squirrel keychain :3:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Ozz81 posted:

Happy birthday! :cheers:

Got my electric bill in the mail and somehow got credited back $92 and change :aaa: guessing it's all the fluctuation from summer to winter (usually around $60/month summer from AC use, barely have to use heat in the winter so it drops as low as $20-25) but was a nice surprise anyhow :)

As someone who lives somewhere with both swampy-rear end summers and (lately, anyway) frigid, icy, all-around nasty winters, I am insanely jealous of your electric bill.

I've had no internet since Wednesday, and took off work today to wait for the technician. He showed up really early, and the problem was simple enough that he was finished in fifteen minutes, which gave me the whole day to get insanely high and play video games while my boyfriend was at work. Plus hell yeah, four day weekend!

And happy birthdays all around!

Crow Jane has a new favorite as of 03:03 on Sep 5, 2015

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
My wife and I were putzing around downtown earlier tonight, we walked into a little designer co-op and after a few minutes of talking to the woman who was working there, she gave me a beer :buddy:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

My mom croched me a beanie and cooked me a salmon loaf. I have missed homecooked meals and nice family greatly.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Had my first full day in my flat in Edinburgh, and have just polished off a plate of the nicest sausages and chips I have ever made.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I have Not Your Father's Rootbeer and vanilla bean ice cream and I am about to make a kick-rear end alcoholic float :cheers:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

So many happy news in the thread! :3:

Today is my first full day in my dorm room, and I spent a fun few hours hanging out with some more international students in the evening. I also have internet here, and don't have to wait until Tuesday! :unsmith:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I have Not Your Father's Rootbeer and vanilla bean ice cream and I am about to make a kick-rear end alcoholic float :cheers:

drat that sounds like a great idea, post about how it turns out.

For the first time in a month, I took an honest-to-goodness, actually-fell-asleep nap :tootzzz:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

C-Euro posted:

drat that sounds like a great idea, post about how it turns out.

For the first time in a month, I took an honest-to-goodness, actually-fell-asleep nap :tootzzz:

It was very sweet.

No regrets.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Got woken up at half eight by the fire alarm blaring, turned out that a girl had used too much hair spray and set it off. Had a good laugh at that because the ceilings in this place are huge. Mines at least 10ft up, how much hair spray did she use??
Oh, and I got brownie points for being the only person to evacuate.

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.
I got to play Mahjong with my friends during a cook-out. I got to play one of my favorite games with some of my favorite people!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I pissed off a wannabe cop.
:3:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I got my first spinning wheel!

ajheretic666
Sep 8, 2008
Went to the quiz night at a local bar with some friends for the first time last night and we won! Good to walk out of a bar with slightly more money than you walked in with.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Though I had a late start this morning, gas was still cheap and I filled ~11 gallons for a little over $25. Someone did a terrible job parking at Dunkin Donuts but I parked like a pro.

I like this Tuesday.

edit: vv That is super adorable.

edit 2: I just won a free copy of Mad Max: Fury Road on blu-ray from The Mary Sue. :woop: This is the best Tuesday.

Transmogrifier has a new favorite as of 21:03 on Sep 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
My husband took the day off just because he wanted to spend the day with me :)

• Locked thread