Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
I built my first piece of Ikea furniture (well, it was a dish drainer) by myself, using only a knife because I didn't have a screwdriver.
I also cooked my first steak, and it was magnificent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mania
Sep 9, 2004
I just got back from a week overseas and the kids at the daycare I work at were all adorably huggy to me when I walked in :3

Also it's a holiday tomorrow because it's voting day, so I'm gonna vote in the morning, then slack at home the rest of the day.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My wife had to get up at the same time I do for work this morning, so we managed to squeeze a little AM gently caress sesh into our day :buddy:

Then this afternoon our wedding pictures finally went online :3:

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

My wife bleached and dyed my hair. It turned out just as neon pink as I'd hoped.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

LivesInGrey posted:

My wife bleached and dyed my hair. It turned out just as neon pink as I'd hoped.

I like you.

Similarly my husband shaved the sides of my head so my longass mohawk looks nice again.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
My nephew got his first tooth, and he also said "Mama" for the first time. :3:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I called my tattoo artist on a whim to see if he'd had any cancellations between now and my appointment AND HE DID

So now I'm going in next week YAY!!!!

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

My 11 month-old's top teeth started to erupt. Not the incisors.

His canines came first.

I have taught to him to hiss at bright lights with a hand up. :drac:

tribbledirigible has a new favorite as of 22:42 on Sep 17, 2015

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
This morning at 7 after she had stomped on my head, my cat curled up under the blanket with me for the first time :3: She's never wanted to do that before and it was awesome, she was purring hard enough that it's amazing she wasn't just vibrating off the bed.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

After a month and a half of unemployment and no prospects, I finally had a short interview. :unsmith: It's not a job, I know, but it made me feel a little less hopeless.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

cash crab posted:

After a month and a half of unemployment and no prospects, I finally had a short interview. :unsmith: It's not a job, I know, but it made me feel a little less hopeless.
I'm in the same place in terms of unemployment and so I say with some feeling: gently caress yeah good for you :3:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Finals are over, and when I came home this afternoon I saw a giant, cute tortoise walking around the neighbor's front yard. I got to tortoise-sit him while my wife knocked on doors asking if someone had a pet tortoise escape, and we carried him back to the backyard he busted out of :3:

He was a big boy, probably 40 to 50 lbs.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Despite it being crazy busy crunch time at work I got my night off to go spend time with my friends for Canadian thanksgiving.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
Yesterday I woke up next to a really pretty girl that I have been dating for a few weeks. We got to hang out, then I went to work, where I had a few lovely interactions. I work at a liquor store, and I caught my first fake ID! I felt pretty smug after that. Then someone came in, said he remembered talking to me and thought that I was a cool guy. Because of that, he's going to bring me a 4 pack of Heady Topper (the highest rated beer on Beer Advocate)! Friends came by work, I came home and then we all went out dancing. I got to dance for about an hour or so, I hadn't done it in a while. Yesterday was a really good day! Today I have a gnarly headache though from drinking a couple of scorpion bowls.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Today I sat in the sun for an hour which is nice because winter is most definitely loving coming and this is just a random "hey it's 65 today!" in the midst of it being cold. I also took concrete steps to move out of my current stagnation. So today is indeed a good day.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Today I figured out why my bed was making horrible moaning sounds at the slightest movement! The cardboard that sits atop the wood slats in the box spring was the culprit, so I went in through the underside and tore it all out! It was cathartic and now I'll be able to toss and turn and get up stupidly early for work without disturbing my boyfriend. Also no more comical rhythmic squeaking during sexytime.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Somehow I forgot that Matt Berninger from The National was doing a side project (EL VY), until I saw a review for it pop up on my Facebook feed this morning. His lyrics are amazing and he probably has my favorite singing voice in the world, so I bought the album immediately. I'm only a few songs in, but I'm already hooked. It's pretty great finding a record you know you're going to be spending a lot of time with.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

A post in the meme thread just reminded me that I have garlic bread in the freezer.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

My bunny decided to sit in my lap and nap while I had my coffee and did homework.

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
After a year scraping together miserably little freelance work in the slow-train-wreck Australian economy and honestly not thinking I would find stable work in my field again, I had a call yesterday with an awesome offer. Travel, training, and a really big client to manage.

Also had coffee with my oldest friend in the world and got to see how well his recovery from crippling addiction and illness continues to go, which is way bigger than a job.

Everything's coming up PuntCuncher this week.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I found out that my cat does not have cancer!

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Got a visit from my boss and co-worker today since I've been out of the office a while and had surgery last Friday, plus a few other co-workers stopped up this past Monday while I was still in the hospital. Good to see everyone and they're genuinely caring and thoughtful folks, they even brought a get well card and a few other gifts!

They know me too well, at work we have a couple rooms with special paint for dry-erase use, and I'll sneak in every so often to doodle goofy things on the walls. I love my job and the folks I work with :3:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The horrible stabbing headache coming from a swollen area at the base of my skull is just an inflamed lymph node being pinched and it should clear up in a few days. Nothing serious!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I made a new dish for dinner today and it came out fantastic! I could eat it every day. It had more vegetables in it than I usually eat in a week, too. Healthy, easy, and delicious!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I went to campus and got a therapitic back massage for $30 and now I feel so much morr limber

utonium
Dec 17, 2002

Hirayuki posted:

I made a new dish for dinner today and it came out fantastic! I could eat it every day. It had more vegetables in it than I usually eat in a week, too. Healthy, easy, and delicious!
I cooked only my second cheesecake ever last night, but finally tucked into it for dessert tonight. It's a pumpkin cheesecake with an amazing gingerbread crust, and all my hard work paid off cause that poo poo is the snip snap bizzle bomb.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

I almost forgot another one - not from today exactly but from the last few days.

I had colon resection surgery last Friday for a pretty rough case of diverticulitis, about 8" had to be removed due to infection/abscess. Anyhow, i came out of it alright, all laparascopic so I've got 3 small spots across my belly and one 4" spot on my left side where it was all done. Surgeons said it was extremely easy and quicker than usual because everything sort of "fell into place" when they opened me up. Took about an hour less than they anticipated, I was really worried they'd have to open me up and I'd be on a colostomy bag looking at more than one operation, but it all worked out.

Friday I was in rough shape from the drugs, Saturday morning I was already passing gas and taking a leak on my own and moved to clear liquid diet, along with walking a little with nurse help. Sunday I was out of bed every hour or so on my own, shuffling around and getting used to sitting/standing, and diet was changed to full liquid. By Monday I was out of bed more, doing short laps around the hospital floor and joking with staff, taking less pain medication and feeling a million times better.

Tuesday morning I was released, given a clean bill of health, and told I could eat regular food without restriction instead of being stuck on liquid/soft puree food! :slick: :woop: I'm still at home now, feeling awesome, still a little tenderness on the left side but an ice pack and OTC ibuprofen have been enough to manage. Was out earlier today walking up and down the street, using the stairs in my folks' place (my apartment is 3rd floor, no elevator) and moving more normally. Weather permitting, tomorrow I'm going to see if I can drive my car comfortably and stop by my place to check the mail and clean out any trash, then hopefully back home full time by the weekend :) All in all, the surgery went way better than expected and I may not have to take as much short term disability as I thought I would. I miss being in the office working and joking around, so it'll be nice if I can return the week of Thanksgiving or the week after.

No idea if my case is unusual for healing and all, I feel like it's healing faster than normal but who knows. Still awesome to know I'll be able to enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners without chucking them in a food processor :feelsgood:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Bacon was on special at the shops so I'm having a bacon sandwich for lunch.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Tiggum posted:

Bacon was on special at the shops so I'm having a bacon sandwich for lunch.

1 - Get more bacon
2 - Make a PBJB sammich (peanut butter, jelly, bacon - grape or strawberry jelly is best)
3 - Eat that motherfucker because it's delicious

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Ozz81 posted:

1 - Get more bacon
2 - Make a PBJB sammich (peanut butter, jelly, bacon - grape or strawberry jelly is best)
3 - Eat that motherfucker because it's delicious

I tried this (although I used orange marmalade instead of jelly). It wasn't bad. I'd eat it again. I'd probably prefer other options most of the time though. For example, the tomato and bacon sandwich I had yesterday was better, and tomorrow I'll have bacon, egg and relish, which is pretty much the best type of bacon sandwich.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Try a bacon, onion, and sour cream sandwitch.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

The rear end in a top hat priest at my kid's school didn't show up for Mass today (at the last minute). We were spared his grandstanding bloviating and got a much shorter prayer service instead.

Then I saw a rainbow on the drive home, even in the extremely gray and cloudy skies. :3:

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
The exact kind of chocolate chips I needed for an upcoming dessert for a friends wedding were buy one get one free at the market (Hershey's mini-kisses, making a giant Reese's cup)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I bought some new sneakers and they're really comfortable after the lovely old pair of shoes I had been wearing. Then I bought a banana so I could make myself a milkshake when I got home, and now I'm drinking it.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

A technical issue I had that was so stubborn that my inability to fix it started bumming me out finally got solved. Haha, suck it, I beat you! :buddy:

Also not to be a boring :goonsay: in this happy thread but there's some significant overlap with this thread, I don't know if you'd want to consolidate them somehow or what.

AlphaKretin has a new favorite as of 14:08 on Feb 8, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Double post but it's been almost a month.

This is really silly, but I'm reading an old LP for the first time and the option I preferred for a vote I'm way too late to have any input on won. :)

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

I made pancakes for breakfast!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

AlphaKretin posted:

Also not to be a boring :goonsay: in this happy thread but there's some significant overlap with this thread, I don't know if you'd want to consolidate them somehow or what.

Whoops yeah probably. Oh well now we have TWO happy threads :sun:

Also I aced an exam today I thought would be terrible, f yeah.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I have kind of a crush on somebody, and it has reminded me that I'm still capable of having normal human feelings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
My wife got her final grade for her last assessment for her Masters in Medical Science degree today.

94%. Her professor was so impressed she not only asked to share it but also offered to support and promote her if she decided to follow through and use the research she'd done as a basis for a Thesis for her Doctorate. I'm pretty proud of my wife right now.

• Locked thread