Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

adorai posted:

We use OTRS for helpdesk, cacti for graphing, nagios for interface monitoring, and logstash for log collection and analysis.

what's your nagios/cacti setup like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

adorai posted:

we monitor bandwidth on wan interfaces and interesting switch ports with cacti, and nagios just does up/down and ping monitoring.

I will check this out, I have a nagios /checkmk setup I'm not thrilled with right now

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Judge Schnoopy posted:

I worked in a ConnectWise \ Labtech environment for 2 years at an MSP. It was extremely intuitive and I would recommend it for any MSP. My only beef with Connectwise is lack of custom dashboards. We wanted to have a digital whiteboard of sorts in the office that listed project statuses, priority tickets, long-ongoing issues, stuff that could quickly update the team on what the agenda should look like for the day. Connectwise doesn't offer anything like this.

My new environment has a software called ATTACC. The business that made it has disappeared from the planet so we're looking to migrate. We need something super lightweight and simple as this is in-house IT and is mostly used for 1) create / delete users, 2) printer issues, 3) new report requests from our software suites. No project management, no asset tracking, no crazy features offered by most helpdesk solutions out there.

ArcticDesk looks really lightweight and is probably my top choice for a trial. Is there anything else light, quick, and easy I should be looking at?

We run JitBit for lightweight helpdesk software

• Locked thread