Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Anyone working with the ELK-stack and/or graphite/grafana?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Walked posted:

Experimenting with it; mixed results so far. I like a lot of what I'm seeing, though

Are you doing a trial and error way of testing it or are you following some kind of tutorial?

I'm building a virtual box and see id I can feed it log files to see what I can do with it.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

ragzilla posted:

Have a POC ELK environment (need to rebuild for full HA and all the fun that goes with that when we go prod). Considered ditching graphite for Influx?

I havent worked with Influx yet, I'll look into it tomorrow. I doubt the client I'm working with now will ditch their Graphite environment anytime soon though as all their element managers are dumping their data into it.

Scom, ITM, collectd, tibco hawk and a few others all ship their metrics to Graphite currently. We're trying to come up with a solution to link all the monitoring data to business transaction and see if we can report on the performance/availability of those. Currently thinking about making the relations visible with a graph database.

• Locked thread