Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Hello hello it's me I was reading about yoga but now I'm gonna read this thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

HiipFire posted:

sorry not a fan of burgers
##vote HiipFire

This is my joke vote.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

uranus posted:

i'm waiting for someone else to start this time. i keep getting killed when i try to play.
Feels town man.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

EXAKT Science posted:

okay backing down isn't entirely what you're doing, but you seem to be lacking in conviction.
D1: lacking in conviction.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

paradoxGentleman posted:

It is clear Now that uranus isn't going to get lynched, and I like Hazdoc's reasoning and don't want him to get hanged, so I am voting for someone else that I think has already a bunch of votes.
This reads like new town.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

JakeP posted:

I find it interesting that WWM did that whole thing where he randomly voted a bunch of people, and then just randomly stopped when he ended up on a vote leader. WWM how serious is your vote on Kash?
Jake P is engaged in a way that reads town to me.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

JakeP posted:

leaning scum on yuming
:sparkles:

Why?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

HiipFire posted:

im more of a tea guy myself
Who is a scum and why?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
General read of the thread: two vote leaders going at each other for tenuous reasons and little other discussion.

That other threads of discussion haven't appeared suggests scum haven't had to put in effort to steer discussion and that they're happy with how things are.

I'm going to look at the lazy voters and hassle the low-content posters.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Horsebanger posted:

since this is my first game I've yet to pick up on how to play it over the forums,

but you're suspicious as gently caress.

##vote hazdoc

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

Going with this one, for try-harding and just needing to eat a lynch for the good of the town/my patience

##vote kashuno

GOOD NIGHT MAFIA COMMUNITY. I SHALL RECONVENE AND DIALOGUE WITH YOU ALL ON THE MORROW.
These votes are lazy as gently caress.

WCM is especially bad: "you are trying so eat a lynch to help town." The reason comes from a perspective that is resigned to a bad D1 lynch.

Horsebanger is new and quiet-- scummy because it reads as too safe for me.

I'd vote either of these players.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

MC Eating Disorder posted:

woah we are?!? ##vote kashuno
Woah are we starting the game? *votes player posting tentative opinions*

MC Eating Disorder posted:

It was [a joke vote ] but you're being kind of lame so I'm gonna keep it there until I can figure out somewhere better for it
*leaves vote there* :effort:

##vote MCED

The first vote reads likes an attempt to get a reaction. MCED then does not engage in the discussion following on Kashuno and is just content to ~whatever~ and I find that scummy.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

JakeP posted:

It feels like you are arbitrarily taking posts and making town reads on them
Ok. I posted all my town reads before scum reads because they were lighter and I wanted to lead up to the IMPORTANT STUFF.

My profile of scum is: sitting around doing nothing because they are content with where this day is going. I have cased and voted accordingly.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Random mafia public service announcement:

When voting a player OMG PLEASE put your best reason in the post that you vote them with.

If you make a lazy/snark post in which you actually vote them it will (1) be used against you by scums (2) be misunderstood by towns.

Thank you and good afternoon. :sun:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
np

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Horsebanger posted:

##unvote

I am now unsure of who to vote for.
What changed your mind?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Yesssss breaking my dead by D2 streak I have two main leads be back soon!!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I am hella suspicious of Epsilon and Hiip.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I'm on the bus atm and will be busy this weekend with a wedding I'm in. I don't think Haz is scum.

Wwm reads town to me. Also you are lovely Wok, right? Exakt seems town too.

Epsilon and hiip are scummy for their behavior surrounding the votes on MCEd. I will elaborate asap.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Skimming it I find the case on Hazdoc bad/unconvincing.

Epsilon is the worst here let me show you why.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Epsilon Plus posted:

serious vote: Hazdoc has reacted really poorly to pressure so far and my gut feel about all present players is that he is currently the scummiest

so, ##vote Hazdoc

Epsilon Plus posted:

Lunchpost: nothing sticks out to me other than that Kashuno's case on Hazdoc is pretty solid and that it made solid some points I wasn't really sure how to articulate. Since MCED is the current vote leade I could jump there to avoid a no-lynch. We'll see I guess.
I'm sticking with my same narrative of D1that netted me MCED yesterday: scum were happy with the back and forth between Haz and Kash and were content to sit back.

I see that here^^

The will see on MCED looks like a hand wave towards voting scum if need be (which Ep does.) I see scum laying low here.
##vote Epsilon Plus

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

HiipFire posted:

I still think the MCED votes were weak as gently caress and I do think there were scum within some of the initial voters

will re-read and come back on that
This is exactly why I'm less sold on Hiip even though he said some things about MCED yesterday that made me go hmm?

However he gets to the point where his defense of mc is so strong that it no longer feels scummy to me.

I'm 50/50 on Hiip.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

HiipFire posted:

yuming's vote was weak because she noted a bunch of lazy votes while completely disregarding the fact that WWM made 5 votes before the one she quoted which is more scummy to me imo than MCED's lazy play

Exakt's vote was weak because he just kinda placed it down as a lurker vote which came over to me that he just felt like he had to put down a vote on somebody.

LUTR's vote was weak cause it was made after the big Hazdoc case and it just seems odd to me to vote MCED without even considering the case made 2 posts above him

also I do agree that MCED's play has been suspicious so far but these votes were bad at the time they were made which is makes me rather read him town than scum atm
This is the post that leaves me suspicious however and reading it again makes me go "wait do I think Hiip is worse?" It's possible he's scum just using his D1 stance to invent his content now.

The first point about me and ?lovely/WWM is especially bad because I think it was obvious that string of votes was just to be silly. To make a sticking point out of not commenting on them reads to me like scum making poo poo up. It's so bad here it crosses into willful bad in defense of a scumbro.

The second point I have against Hiip is his constant portrayal as the Haz case as -substantial- and the MCED case as -empty- this is problematic because it's a focus on form over substance-- and that benefits scum explicitly when trying to defend a lurky scum with a simple-- but correct case.

In writing this I've changed my mind. I think Hiip is worse.

##vote Hiip

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Hey guys tell me what you think of Hiip. I feel very strongly about my case.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote Epsilon Plus

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
It's WIFOM.

I really wanted Hiip to be scum so I could say I only voted scum this game alas~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I'm the most suspicious of Haz I have been all game following the kill last night.

"Oops I investigated the guy that died he was town!" just sounds like some fake poo poo to me.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Kashuno posted:

Why? Hiip wasn't exactly an obvious kill choice
He wasn't-- it's two weird coincidences. That's exactly what makes it suspicious to me.

I'm making the judgement that I think it's more likely a scum fakeclaiming would choose to fakeclaim an investigation on the person they killed than for a town cop to happen to cop the person scum killed.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I'm trying on the idea of WWM as scum.

The best case to be made against him is that he makes gestures towards Epsilon being scum, here--

Don't like this vote for reasons I can't quite explain, except it just feels contrived.
And towards Epsilon and MCED here--

Oh good I missed nothing of import.

I like the mced vote, haven't seen anything out of him that looks like scum hunting.

Real scum vibe from Jake, who waited until yuming commented on me to actually call me scummy.

Would vote epsilon for a driveby bandwagon vote on Hazdoc.

Paranoid about Jake and yuming cahooting and calling each other town, especially after her being in the game for such a short time.

TL;DR, vote Kash, Jake, epsilon in that order
but then ultimately sticks on other not-scum candidates as his main interests.

However, my overall impression of WWM is that he's town. He has a lot of opinions he's juggling in the air and the way he mentions scum players comes across as legit reads.

It fits better with my image of the game that WWM is town who had some correct opinions and other pet cases he really got into. I don't want to vote him today.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

EXAKT Science posted:

Yeah, but Hiipfire was on a lot of people's radars as scum yesterday, and therefore was, in my opinion, a reasonable choice for a cop to look at.
That's fair enough. It's just a strange coincidence that puts me ill at ease~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Why do you think Exakt is scum?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Horsebanger posted:

Have the scum just given up?
Hey guy come back and post opinions.

My thoughts on the game: I don't have a whoa crazy strong read. I would prefer to vote off a lurky hard to read player <OR> no lynch today to see what the gently caress with this cop claim.

I'm going to keep looking for another case but tbh nothing it standing out to me as scummy.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

JakeP posted:

I think Exakts current attitude is super scummy to be honest. He isn't in a place where he is trying to understand peoples reads on him, but rather is getting super defensive and aggressive about them. Would vote Exakt or WWM
I don't think there's anything scummy about her play off the top of my head-- but I will read her over again.

My impression of her is same as always: playing the game and giving opinions, some are weird opinions. I don't see any evidence that the opinions are coming from a bad place or that she is working in scum's interests.

Specifically, Exakt is one of the players who was instrumental in lynching MCED D1. Had she not been around to push for opinions and keep discussion going, I'm not sure that lynch would've happened.

In that context, I have a hard time imagining her as scum.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Exakt do you prefer she I can't remember ;;;;

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I am looking back at all of D3 in response to Kaz. I see some empty votes on WWM and then this--

Look Under The Rock posted:

There's been a bunch of votes for WWM on this page. Check out his post history too -- he has contributed nothing but white noise all game.
I already mentioned once WWM had multiple correct opinions on scum. But this is a crazy misrepresentation of his posting because I think he's had a decent amount of memorable opinions.\

LUTR, tell me more, please.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

EXAKT Science posted:

Yeah, so what? The way last night ended up shaking out is severely loving with me. I'm just saying we have a lot of room for error here, do you think that makes me scum?
I really can't imagine EXAKT as scum because I feel we've so much been on the same page. I find her reactions today similar to mind and appreciate her attempts to figure out the game.

Contrast that with derp's drive by "hmm you said a weird thing" I would much rather vote for that--

uranus posted:

that is a weird way to phrase a vote on your supposed strongest read.
because snipy poo poo like that is lazy and not something I condone.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Kashuno posted:

It's my experience that people who get overly angry and somewhat crazy under pressure aren't scum.
I don't agree with this-- scum can go all crasies too. But I don't think Exakt is scum here. I think the scum are lying low.

I would strongly prefer to kill an inactive player today on no lynch to try and shed more light on the cop claim.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Yuming you asked about WWM and I see him being a bare minimum participant. Being correct about things is a null tell so idk why you're bringing it up.
I still think this is a strange portrayal of WWM-- he has had a lot of opinions. His thing on JakeP, his suspicion on Epsilon (he was the first player to call him out.)

He hasn't been around today but no one has done much of anything today, today is a weird game day.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Guys guys guys let's all be friends, kay? The accusations today are really sharp for some reason but I don't feel like we have much to go on.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I'm trying on the idea of LUTR as scum.

LUTR, like WWM, comments on both Epsilon and MCED on D1.

Notably, she puts an early vote on MCED and addresses Epsilon here--

Eps, feel like making an actual case?
LUTR then starts to get suspicious of EXAKT because of her comments about deadline. I don't find said comments especially suspicious. (See LUTR's post history for more.)

Because of this read on EXAKT, LUTR puts the breaks on her MCED vote,
and prods MCED to participate more,

Then make a case! This is pointless and melodramatic.
Ultimately, LUTR hedges between EXAKT and MCED, and puts one of the final votes on MCED.

~D2 on~

I find LUTR's case on EXAKT a bit contrived, and she has sat on it and largely ignored the claim that got Epsilon lynched.

I'm about 60/40 on LUTR. I can imagine her as scum because of how one note her play has been and because of the room she has left in her opinions for scum players. Specifically, her unvote of MCED D1 and move towards EXAKT is suspicious because it fits as scum who wants credit for the MCED case but who also does not actually want him killed. As the game as progressed, LUTR has sat on the EXAKT idea and goaded the case on, even when another scum has died in the meantime.

LUTR's opinions are the same now as they were on D1, effectively, and I find that very problematic and suspicious. It's the same with WWM where she's all "hmmm he's not doing anything."

##vote LUTR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Kashuno posted:

Okay But have you looked at paradox
The most salient point in his posting is this--

paradoxGentleman posted:

Here's my motivation: I like Hazdoc's reasoning and want him to survive. The way I feel there is the best chance of achieving this is to send someone else to the chopping block, since he has almost the majority of votes up until now. This is the limit of my ability as a Mafia player up until now.

I am sorry Kashuno, but you might be sacrificed at the altar of my incompetence.
This sounds like new-town reasoning.

Nothing else he's posted stands out, but based on this I don't want to vote him.

• Locked thread