Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

A Winner is Jew posted:

Biden has always dropped the best insults in debates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPOAKXBi9Pw

I loving love you Joe Biden, I wish your life was less tragic.

Also I love how The Onion was always really kind to him, making him out to be a cool, weird uncle figure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

A Winner is Jew posted:

i have always thought this but didn't know this was said in public

:lol:

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Joe Biden is a real american treasure and hero :911:

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Winner is Jew posted:

I don't really like this one, it's obviously pre-written material he was just waiting for a good chance to use. In his Ryan debate he is just extremely well-informed and seems utterly comfortable with all his policies and knowledge, and Martha Raddatz has to hold him back from just spitting FACTS all the time. Then whenever Ryan tries to recite empty party slogans like a magic spell, Biden just looks over at him like "what the gently caress are you even talking about dude? Really??" then back to the moderator with a big grin "Haha can you loving believe this guy? Getta loada this!"

That's what made "please proceed, governor" so devastating, it couldn't have been scripted or choreographed. Bernie Sanders is super well-informed too, and passionate and well-spoken about important issues of equality etc, but I just don't know if Bernie can express a fraction of the condescending disdain that Biden pulls off so well.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I can't find the clip, but there's some moment in the 2008 Dem primaries where everyone's asked their favorite Bible scriptures, and Biden says he likes the ones about Pharisees and says, "There's a lot of... Pharisees in Washington," and it was one of my first endearing memories of him.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Ralp posted:

Bernie Sanders is super well-informed too, and passionate and well-spoken about important issues of equality etc, but I just don't know if Bernie can express a fraction of the condescending disdain that Biden pulls off so well.

That's not Bernie's style. He just rips people another rear end in a top hat instead. So I look forward to debates if he can ream people with facts and sticks to the topics, which he always does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPh-qGcYruw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCWXrMCGJT4

Biden is charismatic, and it worked for him against Paul Ryan because Paul Ryan has one of the most punchable faces I've seen while stammering republican rhetoric like a lost child in a shopping mall.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

A Winner is Jew posted:

Diamond Joe 2016 and ~*~4-EVA~*~

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lastgirl posted:

That's not Bernie's style. He just rips people another rear end in a top hat instead. So I look forward to debates if he can ream people with facts and sticks to the topics, which he always does.

I guess that's good for a presidential candidate, but he could probably use a running mate with a bit more panache... might I suggest, oh, Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.???

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Ralp posted:

I guess that's good for a presidential candidate, but he could probably use a running mate with a bit more panache... might I suggest, oh, Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.???

:agreed:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Biden has been a real treat, and I'm going to remember him fondly when it's all said and done.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

hah, if biden was a republican d - d would never shut up about this, of course he gets a free pass for being on the same team.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014
that said biden owns

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

tsa posted:

hah, if biden was a republican d - d would never shut up about this, of course he gets a free pass for being on the same team.

Those animes had it coming.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Something Else posted:

Edit: now that this is about JB, it's ok to bump. He'd make a great VP for Bernie
I would give JB a BJ tbh

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj
http://www.theonion.com/video/biden-invites-nations-women-to-tax-code-discussion-18245

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

:knope::knope::knope::knope::knope::knope::knope::knope::knope:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
If Joe Biden ran I would vote for him, but I totally get why he probably won't.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
he can be vice president forever according to the constitution

if he runs again

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

turning the VP into a royal position held by the Biden Dynasty until the end of times would be a lot better than what it is currently

But all of his children are dead.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Caithness posted:

But all of his children are dead.

His daughter Ashley and son Hunter as both still alive.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
I thought about looking that up before making the joke but decided not to.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Top City Homo posted:

he can be vice president forever according to the constitution

if he runs again

Joe Biden runs as Bernie's VP, soon as he's back in the white house he starts reenacting onion articles.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Joe Biden runs as Bernie's VP, soon as he's back in the white house he starts reenacting onion articles.
He would never reenact Onion articles. C'mon, man, he's a Corvette guy, not a Trans Am guy!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

point of return posted:

He would never reenact Onion articles. C'mon, man, he's a Corvette guy, not a Trans Am guy!

I can definitely see him dicking around with a butterfly knife though.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Obama surprising Biden on his birthday with cupcakes

Here is a biker chick getting some attention from the veep

Here is Biden pulling a James Bond

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Can't forget the classic.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Greatest Joe Biden interview

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Here is a biker chick getting some attention from the veep

That dude on the right is terrified his biker wife is gonna get that VP dick

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Broenheim posted:

That dude on the right is terrified his biker wife is gonna get that VP dick

he's right to be scared, Diamond Joe slangs dick like no one's business

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

The first one is great (it's always nice to see Greenspan get called on his BS), but the Bernanke video is full of complete misfires. I get that Bernie was furious about the bailouts and he's right to think that the Fed's lending practices are ludicrously opaque (not that there's a lot Bernanke personally could do about it) but half of Bernanke's answers were basically just "that's not how the Fed works." The part where Bernanke has to explain that all the credit card stuff is actually handled by Treasury and Bernie just kinda changes the subject is especially embarrassing.

Diamond Joe would never go off on a center-left (seriously read what Bernanke's written since he left the Fed) technocrat who's mostly just doing his job. He saves his scorn for Republicans and Anita Hill.

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013
Joe B has a lot of great stories about him but the one that really got me somehow was recently when the SCOTUS affirmed gay marriage, apparently he put on a rainbow flag like a cape and ran around the white house hugging people and smiling and carrying on, and the thing that made it amazing for me is here is a guy whose son has just died and he's still able to get fired up for the joys and victories of others. Nobody would have noticed if he hadn't done anything at all.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

dogcrash truther posted:

Joe B has a lot of great stories about him but the one that really got me somehow was recently when the SCOTUS affirmed gay marriage, apparently he put on a rainbow flag like a cape and ran around the white house hugging people and smiling and carrying on, and the thing that made it amazing for me is here is a guy whose son has just died and he's still able to get fired up for the joys and victories of others. Nobody would have noticed if he hadn't done anything at all.

That was a story from a fake twitter account.

Reality itself bends to Joe Biden

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

McDowell posted:

That was a story from a fake twitter account.

Reality itself bends to Joe Biden

No..really? I read it in the Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2015/06/26/joe-bidens-rainbow-flag-cape-and-how-the-white-house-celebrated-gay-marriage/) aaannd...

quote:

Correction: This post and its headline initially included a tweet from a parody account of Jill Biden. It has been removed.

Journalism is dead.

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013
I hate Joe Biden now, for humiliating me, via proxy.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

dogcrash truther posted:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

dogcrash truther posted:

Looks like you got owned by Biden. Happens to us all.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpOULjyy-n8

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
:420::420::420:

:420::420::420:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Probably Magic posted:

Looks like you got owned by Biden. Happens to us all.

hell, i'd be proud to get owned by Joe Biden. that's a story you can tell again and again, and nobody's gonna look down on you for it

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I loving love you Joe Biden, I wish your life was less tragic.

Also I love how The Onion was always really kind to him, making him out to be a cool, weird uncle figure

I've heard Biden isn't actually all that fond of the "weird uncle Joe" vibe

or at least he wasn't back when he still thought about running for the big chair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Joe Biden is the best VP this country has ever had. I will demonstrate with evidence:

1. He eats ice cream every day.

2. He always slips a little tongue.

3. He spends time to let folks get nice looping gifs of him being swell.

4. He likes to laugh.

5. He always notices when the ladies show a little skin.

6. He never backs down from a pushup challenge.

7. Artist's do good renditions of him saving cats.

I know you're wondering, why hasn't he announced his run for President yet?

Don't worry, he's just Biden his time.

• Locked thread