Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Webbeh posted:

What did you have in mind?

All invites are caught up.

I didn't get one yet :(. Should the email be my iTunes one? Or the one I use for TestFlight?

As for the API, I'm not sure yet. Depends on what's available. Maybe a simple Windows UWP app just to view them to get my feet wet, then see what else I can do later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Drastic Actions posted:

I didn't get one yet :(. Should the email be my iTunes one? Or the one I use for TestFlight?

I PMed my e-mail on Thurs or Fri, also haven't received anything.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Kaizoku posted:

I PMed my e-mail on Thurs or Fri, also haven't received anything.

Check your spam filter. I'll make sure to re-queue these bad boys up.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Webbeh posted:

Yeah, mine was not in my spam folder. I still didn't get it. :(

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Webbeh posted:

Yeah, I've been checking my spam folder as well and nothing. Nothing is set to delete and no manual filters have been added. I can't imagine it's coming from shadier places than these fake jdate e-mails, but I can supply a different e-mail if you think that's the issue. Have other yahoo addresses given you issues?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
It looks like my last batch hasn't been processed yet. Let me see if I can get it to push out.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
So the good news is I got the beta invite an hour ago :woop:

But now it's asking for an enterprise cert that I don't have. So... not sure what to do here.

EDIT: I see it in my profiles, but it's not working. But I'm on iOS 9 Beta 4, so I'll blame that :shrug:

EDIT 2: Never mind, got it working. I'm a dumb dumb and didn't register it :doh:

Drastic Actions fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jul 24, 2015

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Thanks Webbeh! This is a lot of fun, still trying to figure all the actions out though.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
And I just send two bug reports. You'll know it's me because I accidentally sent them from my iCloud email address :doh:

But I'm having fun, it's a pretty cool app. One day I might even get good at it! But one thing I did want to bring up here...

These are coming right? :v:

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Hed posted:

Thanks Webbeh! This is a lot of fun, still trying to figure all the actions out though.

Your feedback is much appreciated! Glad to hear you're enjoying it! :)

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Can you move objects up or down layer wise or do you just have to do it all in order

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

A Yolo Wizard posted:

Can you move objects up or down layer wise or do you just have to do it all in order

Double tap the circle to move that object to the front, that's the only arrange method so far though until the next protip comes out

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

duckfarts posted:

Double tap the circle to move that object to the front, that's the only arrange method so far though until the next protip comes out

This is the correct way of ordering. There's still a few bugs with certain elements not respecting the order, but otherwise, it works without much fuss.

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
just watch it for a second
There is a new beta coming shortly and it is a big departure but also ~~amazing~~

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
Yes, this looks good. I want this. Could I have an invite please?

ShaneFayke at gmail dot com

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Added to the queue. There's a slight delay in the last batch of invites going out, but we should process them shortly. Appreciate your patience!

Spectracide
May 27, 2004
IT'S ARGH, BABY!
I want to play: spectracide@gmail.com

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I'd love to get an invite!
ronniexps at gmail dot com

thanks~

Eijas
Jan 19, 2006
I'll byte, please send me an invite. eijastnt at the gee mail.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

This seems like fun, hook me up: h (a) lsd.nu

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Added you all to the queue. Looks like there's a small delay with the invites queued up within the last week or so, but I'll have it sorted out shortly.

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
:burger: Update!

So, we have a brand new version of Byte out that removes timelines, profiles, and following for something simpler and more pure. It's Byte: Websites Jr.

Bytes are now standalone screens that you can name whatever you want. Bytes have the ability to link to other Bytes (think: hyperlinks). Navigation feels more fluid. Worlds have been deprecated.

This is very WIP and very beta, so expect bugs, crashes, and incomplete features.

On top of that, we've started working on an OS X client, so now you can view Bytes on OS X. We’ve even got Drastic Actions (from this very thread!) working with may turn into a Windows client.

Once you have a client installed on iOS or OS X, byte:// links will magically come to life.

byte://welcome
byte://super-mario-byte
byte://pizza

:coolspot: Links:

iOS Beta: Sign up for access
OS X viewer: Download

* creating a Byte is still iOS-only, but we will change that soon.

sevenflow fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 10, 2015

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Playing with the new version of Byte brings me back to the early web design days. It's addicting.

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
byte://snareworld

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
FYI: The OSX client does not seem to work on 10.11 Beta 6. At least not for me :(. The window pops up (but with no Icon in the dock, which is weird) but no matter what I do, nothing will run. I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong :shrug:.

Also you might want to limit names of bytes to Alphanumeric characters, because it does not seem to work with Unicode. The names save, but you can't use them as entry points. Or maybe make them two separate fields (Name and link) and make the link only work with Alphanumerics.

EDIT:

I am enjoying the new layout and workflow of Bytes! It is nice to just scroll through a bunch of them at once. Kinda sucks not having the worlds and that sense of "Community", but as a free for all it's nice.

Also (null) ;)

Drastic Actions fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Aug 10, 2015

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
Try downloading the OS X app again and replacing the build you have. We had a test build up for a while, which has some new functionality, but caused the icon to be hidden and some other stuff.

You're absolutely right about the names. We're going to limit the names to alphanumeric later today or tomorrow, and come back to Unicode at a later time, because naming Bytes with emojis is :cool:.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Dat background tho. That's a thing of beauty.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

sevenflow posted:

Try downloading the OS X app again and replacing the build you have. We had a test build up for a while, which has some new functionality, but caused the icon to be hidden and some other stuff.

You're absolutely right about the names. We're going to limit the names to alphanumeric later today or tomorrow, and come back to Unicode at a later time, because naming Bytes with emojis is :cool:.

I really hope someone at your office (or you! :v:) saw my Bytes and went "Man, gently caress users." The minute I saw an open text field, I had to try and break it. It's just in my nature.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
My creations so far:

byte://webbeh
byte://super-mario-byte

And my crowning jewel:

byte://the-adventures-of-zig&hubble

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Drastic Actions posted:

FYI: The OSX client does not seem to work on 10.11 Beta 6. At least not for me :(. The window pops up (but with no Icon in the dock, which is weird) but no matter what I do, nothing will run. I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong :shrug:.

Also you might want to limit names of bytes to Alphanumeric characters, because it does not seem to work with Unicode. The names save, but you can't use them as entry points. Or maybe make them two separate fields (Name and link) and make the link only work with Alphanumerics.

EDIT:

I am enjoying the new layout and workflow of Bytes! It is nice to just scroll through a bunch of them at once. Kinda sucks not having the worlds and that sense of "Community", but as a free for all it's nice.

Also (null) ;)

Are you the one I have to thank for byte://temp1? :whatup:

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
We actually just added protection to the iOS loader because of byte://temp1. :rip:

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003

Drastic Actions posted:

Also (null) ;)

HOPEFULLY these tools (and a few other ones coming in the next few days) will let us self organize and build miniature communities that way. byte://goodbytes is an interesting use case for that.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Webbeh posted:

Are you the one I have to thank for byte://temp1? :whatup:

I would like to think so, but nope :).

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
byte://onecatband

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Can you import already recorded video? somehow missed that if so

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003

A Yolo Wizard posted:

Can you import already recorded video? somehow missed that if so

Yep, it's a little hidden right now. Drag up when you've got the tool palette up, and it'll show you stuff from your camera roll.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

sevenflow posted:

Once you have a client installed on iOS or OS X, byte:// links will magically come to life.

is this supposed to be working? it isn't for me right now (tapping links on iOS)

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
Are you running the newest beta?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
i'm on beta 5, not exactly sure how to update if it's not just from using the app

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
Try this link from the post above, or you can wait for a couple of days and we'll transition existing testers over. Sorry about the confusion, we're transitioning between the old and new system at the moment.

• Locked thread