Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Woah woah woah woah woah. What is this "Plus One" nonsense on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? What happened to Phoning a Friend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Robnoxious posted:

Hello thread!

A little late on this BUT... Diginet channel BUZZR is going to re-air the broadcast of Michael Larsen's episode(s) of Press Your Luck where a dude showed up in a Goodwill suit and ran CBS for over $100K in cash and there wasn't a loving thing CBS could do about it.

It's gonna go off at the top of the next hour (8pm Pacific/11pm Eastern)
Gameshow Network produced a surprisingly good documentary (From what I remember anyways) about this called Big Bucks: The Press Your Luck Scandal. I haven't seen it since it aired way back in 2003 (Jesus christ), but I remember it being quite compelling. It gives some nice context to these episodes and goes into the Larsen's downfall after he won big on the show.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Looks like it's on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzNMCXWCZzQ.

Again, I haven't seen this in 13 years, so I may be remembering it as better in my mind.

• Locked thread