Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
He's a fat-faced gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It makes sense that Serious Norman would hate on Hilarious Norm.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

serious norman posted:

frank stallone's account found

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
poo poo, was scrolling fast and i thought this read norm macdonald dead. Came to post I'm glad i just misread.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

serious norman posted:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
norm fat. so what

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkPrGs7QxRQ

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHX4LjjA4qQ

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
Why did the moron throw the clock out the window?

Because it reminded him of Richard Clocke, the man convicted of knife-raping his wife!

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
he was on the view like a week ago and i was like whaaaaaaaat and also why the gently caress are you talking with these women aren't shitball daytime talkshows extremely NOT norm's poo poo?????

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

cram me sideways posted:

he was on the view like a week ago and i was like whaaaaaaaat and also why the gently caress are you talking with these women aren't shitball daytime talkshows extremely NOT norm's poo poo?????

I'm assuming that he's promoting Last Comic Standing, and he really loves Rosanne, so that's probably why he was on it.

I can't find it anywhere, but the last time he was on The View a producer told him it would be funny if he could call Norm during the interview and pretend to be his agent. So Norm answers his phone during the interview, is purposely boring for the 30 second conversation, and then hangs up. The women ask him what that was, and he says "That was your producer. He told me backstage that he thought it would be funny if he called me pretending to be my agent on the air."

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I've just watched the two episodes of Last Comic with Norm, and he's like the only good part of it, the other judges are just raving about literally every performance, while Norm is trying to provide some criticism, also to be somewhat original and in-depth with each review. It's not a good show, at least if you aren't nuts about stand-up, but it showcases Norm the Comedy Theoretician and Historian, that sometimes came through in the podcast.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

The Human Crouton posted:

I'm assuming that he's promoting Last Comic Standing, and he really loves Rosanne, so that's probably why he was on it.

I can't find it anywhere, but the last time he was on The View a producer told him it would be funny if he could call Norm during the interview and pretend to be his agent. So Norm answers his phone during the interview, is purposely boring for the 30 second conversation, and then hangs up. The women ask him what that was, and he says "That was your producer. He told me backstage that he thought it would be funny if he called me pretending to be my agent on the air."

had no idea rosanne was on it; she must have utterly transformed herself. only woman i recognized was whoopi. FOR OBVIOUS REASONS

also lol @ the shitball producer story

norm great, norm good

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

cram me sideways posted:

had no idea rosanne was on it; she must have utterly transformed herself. only woman i recognized was whoopi. FOR OBVIOUS REASONS

also lol @ the shitball producer story

norm great, norm good

Roseanne isn't on the View; she's a judge on Last Comic Standing-

That being said, her current look is so different from her TV origins, I wouldn't have recognizeed her without a heads up.

Also Norm had great chemistry with Whoopi on the View, it seemed like he agreed to appear just so he could wax lyrical about old timey comics with her. (though do not forget he appeared on the View several times before)

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

lol

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
drat Norm must be a hard guy to impersonate if Jay Mohr can't do a good impression

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
he looks weird fat in these videos

like he got some disease

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

cram me sideways posted:

Norm's been on the view a ton, and he's hilarious on it every time.

Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2MEJpbTFUo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
His laugh at the "journey of 1000 steps" joke sold that part of the segment.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

he looks weird fat in these videos

like he got some disease

he didnt realize the stream was on when he was getting ready to do a random live cast of him and his buddies (some simpsons writers and that unfunny holy atheist guy he lets open for him) watching the masters golf tournament and mentioned he had a pulmonary embolism a few months back, probably kept him out of the gym for a while

also he read one of my jokes on the air and i feel real good just remembering that

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

extra stout posted:

also he read one of my jokes on the air and i feel real good just remembering that

You gotta tell us which one!

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

For the most part I find him funny. However this didn't cause me to even crack a smile. Sometimes I just don't get the hero worship some people have for certain comedians. For example Patton Oswald is generally a very funny man however a lot of his standup is just awful.

I know I'm in the minority on this but hey whatever.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
That isn't even Norm doing stand up, that is him doing a very specific kind of joke tailored to loving with Bob Saget.

Look up his 'Ridiculous' special on YouTube and see if that doesn't get you going.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXqCEz8m4aI

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

yeah he sure is the greatest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmq4gIcMOzU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Someone went and uploaded a bunch of the best of Norm's Weekend Update, starting here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZbTZf5VO8I

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
So, um, is anybody loving watching Last Comic Standing, it's going to be the only Norm outlet in a long time. I realize that most of the featured "comics" are awful, but Norm and Roseanne form a symbiotic block of tolerable television.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

steinrokkan posted:

So, um, is anybody loving watching Last Comic Standing, it's going to be the only Norm outlet in a long time. I realize that most of the featured "comics" are awful, but Norm and Roseanne form a symbiotic block of tolerable television.

I watched the first couple of episodes, I enjoyed Norm and Roseanne, but I've heard different opinions on Norm, like some people think he's high or drunk or something, they don't really get him.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

My Q-Face posted:

I watched the first couple of episodes, I enjoyed Norm and Roseanne, but I've heard different opinions on Norm, like some people think he's high or drunk or something, they don't really get him.
Yeah, supposedly most people thought he was high when he presented the presidential dinner, also.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Norm was asked about his clean roast ( maybe this was already posted in this thread, I don't know), and he said that he really, really respects and loves Bob Saget, so it felt odd to him to do really brutal jokes about him. I think he mentions that he found an old roastmaster joke book from the 50s or 60s, and just told jokes that would have fit in in that era.

By the way, I'm glad to see a lot of Norm's well-wishers here, but there are too many of you who want to throw him down one. A well.

You want to murder him in a well.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Aug 6, 2015

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
hey thread

uhh uhhh

yougottanygum

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

That worked on so many levels, though. Partly because yeah, he loves Bob Saget, but also because he was sending up Saget's career going with lame family friendly jokes for the America's Funniest Home Videos and Full House, and also because he was sending up the way roasts have devolved since Comedy Central took over. Seriously, go back and watch some Don Rickles roasting people, go back and watch the guys in the 60s and 70s, they're still hilarious, and still acceptable for broadcast television. The modern ones are lame by comparison, and if you watch Norm MacDonald Live, you can see that he really idolizes the older comics and doesn't hold modern ones in such high regard.

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast
Norm is awesome and if you don't get his jokes you are a dumb sack, a sack filled with poo poo that is dumb also

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Norm was asked about his clean roast ( maybe this was already posted in this thread, I don't know), and he said that he really, really respects and loves Bob Saget, so it felt odd to him to do really brutal jokes about him. I think he mentions that he found an old roastmaster joke book from the 50s or 60s, and just told jokes that would have fit in in that era.

By the way, I'm glad to see a lot of Norm's well-wishers here, but there are too many of you who want to throw him down one. A well.

You want to murder him in a well.

The thing that makes his roast of Saget golden is the time it took place in. Most everyone knew Saget from Full House as this clean and nerdy dude, then in 2005 The Aristocrats comes out and idiots were all blown away that Saget is a dirty gently caress. By 2008 when the roast happened it was so overplayed that when Norm just went Bob Hope on him, it worked perfectly.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Watching Last Comic Standing just to support Norm is painful.

Norm Macdonald Live is still the best way to get Norm.

https://youtu.be/-RLhgUYVIsk?t=1h5m45s
"Now you're thinking like Albert Fish."

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

My Q-Face posted:

That worked on so many levels, though. Partly because yeah, he loves Bob Saget, but also because he was sending up Saget's career going with lame family friendly jokes for the America's Funniest Home Videos and Full House, and also because he was sending up the way roasts have devolved since Comedy Central took over.

Well put. Comedy Central roasts are basically showcases for hacky comedians you never hear about otherwise, for good reason. If it wasn't for Gilbert Gottfried they'd be a complete waste of time.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

The best way to get Norm is the Youtubes. Good lord, Jay Leno 4-22-98, Peak Norm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hJdMK4jObk

"President Clinton celebrated Earth Day, he had sex with a tree. [...] But it's none of our business, you know!" :D

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Absolute fantastic conversation with so many twists and turns, you can see Eget falling out quick even though he enjoy it and wants to join in, and Russell letīs pretty much anyone with a voice into a conversation, he don't give a poo poo who he talks to because he is entertained by his own material. The fun thing about this "interview" is that Mcdonald seem to fascinate Russell and maybe even intimidate him on some level, so he constantly seek confirmation from Mcdonald and I proclaim Mcdonald the alpha, still Russell win because he has a much grander life at the time being. Bottom line, two very intelligent individuals sharing a moment of true connection, I hope they meet again and film it!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
best thread around, imo. voting 5 to for reminding us to always watch norm

• Locked thread