Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
This game definitely has that Nordic melancholic feel to it. I wish I had found it back when it first came out, but at the time my brother bought most of our games and he wasn't that interested in the odd ones.
I will be following this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
As a Swede, I have to say reading English subtitles is really throwing me off. After all, I've grown up with watching Danish shows with Swedish subs. To listen to a language I mostly understand while reading English subs really throws me off. (That isn't any kind of criticism of course, just an observation.)

Speaking of subtitles though, something that irks me slightly is you overuse of quotation marks. They usually go at the start and the end of someone speaking, not on every set of subtitles on the screen. However, I concede that I do not really know if this is the rule for subtitles as well as books, so I might be wrong about it.

Oh, and for the choice I say avoid them for as long as possible. It might lead to more trouble down the line but it seems like what our protagonist would do to me.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

SimonChris posted:

Thanks for the feedback. I use quotation marks to distinguish between dialogue and my own remarks, but I guess the difference is obvious from context anyway. What does everyone else think?

Also, I now have a suggestion to keep a low profile, but still nothing on where to go and what to do. Anyone have any ideas?

You could use cursive for distinction, it is what is usually done. Oh, and by the way, great work with the translation! To be honest it's better than some professional subtitling I've seen.

Oh, and let's go to the Waterfront to start with. Chat with the prostitutes a bit perhaps.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Well, delivering the letter can be described as a short walk I suppose? One added to by the metro.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
These are good news.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I wonder if anyone chose to flirt with her after finding out about Elisabeth being your half sister...

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

SimonChris posted:

I think my translation is a bit off here. "The old fishmonger" is an old fish store, in which our hideout is apparently now located. We weren't supposed to meet anyone there. A creepy attic atop a narrow staircase does seem like a weird place to sell fish, but maybe that room was used for storage or something.

So far the votes seem to be:
Explain: 3.
Blackmail 2.

I have been away for the weekend, but I will post the translated texts early next week and then check the final vote. One vote can still make a difference!

Ah so, "The old fishmonger's" then.

Also, explain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
You know, I finally realised why this game affected me so much. Mostly of course it is because of good writing and storytelling but I've realised that the fact that it is in Danish, close to my language Swedish, it just feels so much more real.

Anyway, thank you for this LP of this interesting odd game. It's been a great ride and you've done an amazing job translating.

• Locked thread