Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
Martin O'Malley is running.

Who? The former governor of Maryland! Who inexplicably spent a lot of time in his bid for that seat touting his opposition to the Iraq War as mayor of Baltimore.

He plays in a Celtic Rock band, though.

The luck of the Irish is not with this one, however. In addition to polling at 1% in the Democratic primary, he is broke. Partially from sending his kids to expensive, out-of-state schools! He tried to make money from some speeches, but the city he broke started burning so he had to come back so people could yell at him.

Although his campaign may be a failure [TBD!!!], it reminded me I should get around to finally watching The Wire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

who

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Both of these characters are loosely based on Martin O'Malley:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Carcetti

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

The X-man cometh posted:

He's a big guy

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The X-man cometh posted:

It's a pity O'Malley isn't going to be worth an attack ad because one featuring littlefinger would be lol as gently caress

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
my vote is with Governor Chafee

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm open in my skepticism about Bernie Sanders but lol

lmao at the Democrat party hacks on my Facebook saying things like "well, I'm weighing my options and all potential candidates. For example, I'm currently considering Martin O'Malley..."

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Like literally Tommy Carcetti from The Wire who almost got ran out of Baltimore because he hosed the place up which resulted in riots.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
what differentiates him from the other republicans?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Broenheim posted:

what differentiates him from the other republicans?

he puts RAHOWA into practice repubs just talk about it

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Top City Homo posted:

my vote is with Governor Chafee

Please do not do this, O'Malley has hard a hard few months and cannot take this bullying.

The X-man cometh posted:

A few months ago (pre-riots) there was a news article that was basically "CREATOR OF THE WIRE SEES MARTIN O'MALLEY ON TRAIN; AWKWARDNESS ENSUES"

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

drat gina

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I like the little whistle he makes when he makessss essss sssoundsss

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

O'Malley's move to the left since he started running (and his poor attempts to co-opt Sanders' positions) have been laughable

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
I like his strategy on how to win the Democratic nomination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SterfJsQyAY

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
"White lives matter" :smug: - O'Malley responding to protestor shouting 'Black lives matter'

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

MrBims posted:

"White lives matter" :smug: - O'Malley responding to protestor shouting 'Black lives matter'

:cripes:

After that, I suddenly have the urge to rewatch all 5 seasons of The Wire

jerk1000
Dec 3, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbixEGV_N6g

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
ok I'll just way what we're all thinking: he has nice arms.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Harald posted:

ok I'll just way what we're all thinking: he has nice arms.

Matt Drudge account spotted

jerk1000
Dec 3, 2014

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbixEGV_N6g

lol

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

FlamingLiberal posted:

O'Malley's move to the left since he started running (and his poor attempts to co-opt Sanders' positions) have been laughable

I just can't believe that he's still trying to defend his stance on criminal justice issues as Baltimore mayor, even Hillary and Bill have now denounced their old "tough on crime" stance multiple times. O'Malley is trying to run to her left and yet is less willing to disavow policies that were even worse than what Bill and Hillary supported, it's a very bad strategy.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
O'DEFINITELY NOT O'MALLEY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

MaxxBot posted:

I just can't believe that he's still trying to defend his stance on criminal justice issues as Baltimore mayor, even Hillary and Bill have now denounced their old "tough on crime" stance multiple times. O'Malley is trying to run to her left and yet is less willing to disavow policies that were even worse than what Bill and Hillary supported, it's a very bad strategy.

• Locked thread