Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

lowkey miss this game but every time I hear about the latest "features" I have no regrets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Bakalakadaka posted:

lowkey miss this game but every time I hear about the latest "features" I have no regrets

come back hul, save from gnar

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

They're almost certainly going to reuse more S2 dungeons even though they're all bad. People have seen this coming since Crescent Moon Island got turned into the first guild dungeon. I was going to say it's better than never seeing these maps again but early Season 2 really was a cesspit of terrible dungeon design, wasn't it? They already did the best they could by chopping up the big dungeons into normal dungeons. You can't do much more than that without completely changing them.

Since I don't have a guild I was wondering what the guild dungeon looked like but boy am I glad I don't have to run CMI all over again. Yeah on how BiR is boring map and the boss having 100x bars of HP was a mistake.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Maintenance happened last night and two new events came along with it.

An event for people who run AA and RAR

quote:

Abyssal Arena & Mysterious Royal Army

Event Period: May 5th - 19th
Exchange Shop Period: May 5th - 26th

Take on the Royal Army and Abyssal Arena battles! For only two exclusive weeks, we're going to drop Relic Boxes upon completion of these battles. Take advantage of this short opportunity and receive free rewards through these mysterious Boxes and Coupons now!
For the next two weeks, you get a free box whenever you clear Abyssal Arena or 12-man raids. You can get 10 RAR relic boxes and 5 Abyssal relic boxes per week. Each box, when opened, gives an exchange coupon and a random reward. The random reward will either be godly materials, a Grade 1 Mysterious/Abyssal Shard, or a box that gives you your choice of three Grade 1 Shards or one Grade 2 shard. On top of all that, fifteen of the exchange coupons can be turned in for a "shining relic box" that will give you your choice of shards. Since you're only allowed three shining boxes per account, you'll probably have to spend your coupons on the other garbage in the exchange shop. Maybe the Seals of Bravery (one seal per coupon) would be worth getting for characters who need to finish the Traveler's accessory quests.

People don't have surprise parties on Cinco de Mayo, but you can certainly have a supplies party

quote:

Raid Support Supplies Arrived! Event

Event Period: May 5th - June 2nd
Exchange Shop Period: May 5th - June 9th

Supplies to support your Raids have arrived! Check out the Event Details below and receive the nice boost we give!
Every day for a month, every level 95+ character that logs in will get a scroll box in the mail. Open the box and take your choice of stat buff scroll. Buffs last for two hours and options include +600 (M)ATT; +5 to SPD, Crit, BAL, or LUK; +200 Additional Damage; or +25 Counterforce. Obviously, the biggies here are LUK and CF, but if you need a little more Power or Tech to get into a story raid, those are valid choices as well.

quote:

2. Clear Battles, Receive Coupons, & Exchange them for Rewards
Run raids to receive coupons. Raids from Dullahan to Elchulus drop two coupons per run, up to sixty coupons per week. Raids from Macha to Aodhan drop one coupon per win, up to thirty per week. The exchange shop gives some useful items: 60 coupons for a 100% restoration scroll or a +11 armor enhancement rune, 50 coupons for an astera weapon essence, 35 coupons for a Goibhniu stone, 30 coupons for an Intermediate Element Stone or three Damascus Steels, or 3 coupons for a Fatigue potion.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

A big pile of words appeared in the official Discord's future_updates channel. Let's start with the upcoming change that's got everybody flipping out:

quote:

[III. Fatigue Consumption Changes]

We'll be changing the [Fatigue system] to consume amounts of fatigue gauge immediately after the battle is completed. This will prevent fatigue from being deducted in cases of practice combat, network errors or other circumstances that aren't allowing players to continue the battle.
In [Ein Lacher]'s case, the battle won't consume additional fatigue if the player presses the Quick Retry button.
Short version: Entering battle will no longer consume Fatigue. You only lose Fatigue if you win. Trying and losing doesn't cost Fatigue. Trying and bailing out doesn't cost Fatigue. Trying and getting disconnected doesn't cost Fatigue. Fatigue: Still bad, but less so.

quote:

[I. Character Ranking Integration]
1)[The change for "ATT-based" characters.]
2)[The change for "M.ATT-based" characters.]
They're changing how server rankings work; rather than being per-character, it's going to be split between ATT-based characters and M.ATT-based characters. In the process of making this change, they realized Evie and Sylas have number advantages because they have "Magic Mastery" skills that have no parallel in ATT-based characters or on other M.ATT characters like Arisha and Eira. So, those skills are being removed. They also realized physical characters' stats don't all increase at the same rate, so that's being fixed too.

quote:

[II. Removal of Character Chat]
In-game chat channels for specific characters are going away. Fair enough. People usually only use them for the first month after a new character is released.

quote:

[IV. Improved Gameplay Visibility]
Some new options for improving visibility and framerates. People really like the idea of hiding other people's comrades so they don't accidentally try to attack the wrong Succubus or Arcana. Me? I like the idea of not having the boss obscured by explosions. Kind of hard to know what the boss is about to do when they've got a literal smokescreen up.

Then there are a few purely cosmetic changes. They don't interest me. And then:

quote:

[VIII. Friendship Skills]
More double techs are in the works. They're powerful and they ignore Tenacity on top of that. The downside is that you have to screw around with the relationship system (which takes months of grinding) and only one Friendship Skill can be used per battle. Even if there are other people who can use their own in the party, they're straight-up not allowed to do it. Because what kind of a whore are you if you add a new feature and then let players use it?

Oh yeah, have fun figuring out who gets to use their friendship skill in each run. It's been ten years and we still haven't figured out how to decide who makes the campfire at the start of each battle. And god, don't get me started on the fact that we never figured out how to split up the tathlum orbs in Radiance.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 22:32 on May 6, 2020

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5fVDo_cNd0
Another update.

quote:

■ Graphics
Improved female character's hand textures along with feet shape and textures.
Hands look slightly better and feet now look sort of realistic? People in the official Discord have been waiting for this for months, no joke. That place is a hotbed of perversions both sexual and non-sexual. The only thing the players don't tolerate over there is support for the Fatigue system and even then, they're starting to waver. Disgusting.

quote:

■ Raid Battle: Solo Mode
Every raid left after the last de-raiding (so, Dullahan on up to Cesar) now has a solo mode wherein the boss has substantially less health than they otherwise would. Good for, uh... soloing? The catch is that you get fewer cores than you would in a normal or QB raid. Not bad if you just want to blow through the story, or are perpetually afraid of getting so horribly out-DPSed in a QB run that you get screwed out of your drops. Hey, this would have been a great mode to have during the 1-2-3 event so I could get coupons from Astera raids on my own terms. Good job, Nexon.

quote:

■ Normal Battle Balance Change
Adjusted the balance and some battle patterns for boss monsters that appear in the following regions.
Pretty much every normal S3 boss got tweaked, but we only get an explanation for Eochaid:

quote:

Developer Commentary: Eochaid
Changed so that, during the battle, Eochaid now performs the attack of moving to its nest only once.
Changed the range so that it is slightly easier to get the hook on the parasite.
Considering that Eochaid is now a solo battle, it's nice that he's less annoying.

quote:

■ Raid Battle Balance Change
Adjusted some battle patterns for boss monsters that appear in the following battles.
They made a ton of changes to raid bosses to make them less irritating:

quote:

Dullahan
Greatly reduced the required count of hitting Soul Splitters to split the soul.
Changed so that Dullahan's soul is no longer joined back even when you move close to Dullahan, but is only joined after a certain amount of time passes.
When Dullahan is attempting to use the soul barrier attack, you can no longer interrupt Dullahan's movement.
Changed so that Dullahan uses the soul barrier attack only up to once.
Changed the Split Dullahan's Soul 3 times (P) Bonus Mission to 1 time (P).
Oh hey, maybe people will actually respect Dullahan's gimmicks again (lol yeah right)

quote:

Aes Sidhe
Changed so that Aes Sidhe uses the summon attack only up to 2 times.
Lowered the overall difficulty.
I'm really glad this Aeshole's going to stop loving off every time he loses a health bar. Do you have any idea how frustrating that is for characters who depend on timed buffs for their DPS? Maybe now my vella will do more damage in Aes with +13 Astera chains than with +11 Dullahan Twin Swords.

quote:

Arcana
Changed so that Arcana uses the attack of locking a character in the Torture Chamber only once.
Reduced the HP of Arcana Torture Chamber.
Reduced the number of successful kicks required to break out of Arcana's shooting mode.
Lowered the difficulty for some battle patterns.
There are still parties that screw up the torture chamber and they still screw up the kicking so this may make a difference. And, frankly, her attack patterns have always been really difficult to handle so that change is welcome too.

quote:

Rupacitus
Greatly reduced the number of spear counts required to take down Rupacitus in water.
When the spear throw is successful, you can inflict a large amount of damage to Rupacitus.
The number change is probably for the best. If your party can't land four hits quickly, they're probably never going to land four hits before time runs out because everybody has to spend their time evading bubbles. Nice change, I think it's good.

quote:

Macha
Changed so that, when Macha's HP is reduced by a certain amount after the battle starts, not all characters will be incapacitated even when you were not able to destroy all nearby seals.
Changed so that Macha does not enter enraged state when entering inside the tower without being able to destroy all seals.
It's been so long since I've seen people screw up the first part of the battle that I've forgotten why Enraged Macha is even special. I don't know how this will change things.

quote:

Lugh Lamhfada
Changed so that, when you reach Tathlum Absorption: Lv. 3, you shine so that it is easily identifiable visibly.
Hooray, finally. It's really hard to know if you've touched Lugh's balls enough to be safe because the status icon doesn't have any numbers on it. You have to stop, hit Alt or Esc, and move your cursor over the icon to see how much Tathlum you've absorbed. During a battle. It's really bad and I'm glad they figured out a fix for it.

quote:

Marject
Lowered the overall difficulty.
I wish they had a more specific explanation of what they changed with Marject since I have a rather specific list of complaints about him. Guess I'll have to start running it again to see if I can suss out the difference.

quote:

■ Addition of Calm and Dash Enchant Scrolls and Update to the Special Dungeon Pouch
Added items to the contents obtained at a chance from opening the Special Dungeon: Enchant Pouch.
They added a bunch of endgame scrolls to the enchant pouch you can get from [S] raids. Now it's going to be even more insulting to get a Fresh ES every single time you open one. They also added two new scrolls, Calm and Dash. Calm is actually just Consistent and has the same stats: -280 (M)ATT, +4 SPD, +5 BAL, and you'll randomly gain 125 SP. Dash randomly boosts your SPD by 5% for ten seconds and people on the Discord say it can proc while active. So, in theory, you can just keep that speed boost going continuously. But Dash is an armor enchant and will take a slot away from an enchant that actually gives stats so it's quite the gamble.

quote:

■ Battles
Adjusted the Counterforce Resistance values of some monsters.
Every raid boss from Macha to Marject got reduced Counterforce resistance.

quote:

■ Others
There's a massive number of bugfixes, tweaks, QoL improvements, and other such things.

Take that pupper from smol to swole

quote:

My Puppy Pal Event

Event Period: May 19th - June 16th

Your Puppy Pal is hungry and is seeking for food! Find him some food and it'll go fetch you a reward! Based on its growth, it'll fetch you bigger and better rewards! Have fun and don't miss this chance to win several free items!
It's a "there's a graphic on your screen and you have to feed it" event. Been a while since we had one of those. So anyway: Run battles "close to your level" to get kibble (limit 40 per week). Feed kibble to puppy to get rewards. You need a total of 60 kibble to get every reward once. Rewards of interest include a title, "Puppy Pal", and a "Puppy Prize" box. The box can contain any of the following: An Astera essence box, an enhancement stone that lets you jump-enhance an Astera item to +11, item restoration scrolls, runes, a godly materials box, a Damascus Steel box, and divine blessing stones. The Puppy Prize box is the final reward and can be earned over and over again so long as you keep farming the kibble for it.

Make like it's 1994 and put on your Sprint Shoes

quote:

Keep Up the Sprint Streak!

This is a buff event for those Lv. 95 and above who are bravely battling Season 3 raid bosses in maintaining peace in Vindictus. To support the cause of your ventures, we're giving you various buff effects upon your completion of your battles! Keep up the Sprint Streak up to Stage 5 and receive the fullness of the event's buff effects in your battles!
Run S3 raids and for each raid up to the fifth one, you get a stacking buff that lasts for the day. Each level of the buff gives more ATT, DEF, Counterforce, Crit, Crit Resist, and LUK than the level before it. Despite the page saying that the buff is for characters under level 105, people who are 105 also get the buff. Thanks to Tadders for confirming that this is so.

Did you ever know that you're May Hero?

quote:

May Hero Event

Event Period: May 19th - June 2nd
Exchange Shop Period: May 19th - June 9th

Here's an easy Daily Missions event for you! Simply complete all the daily missions each day throughout the event period to receive coupons for cool and free rewards available for exchange at the Exchange Shop! Don't miss out on these cool rewards!
Do your Daily missions to get two coupons. Exchange the coupons for things. Six coupons for a Heart emblem. Six coupons for a title, "May Hero". Fourteen coupons for a head outfit item, a Flower Hairclip. Two coupons for a fatigue potion. One coupon for a merc pot.

Say good knight, Gracie

quote:

Nighty Knight Special Dungeon Event

Event Period: May 19th - June 2nd

Word has it that a shining box filled with various items is found only in Royal Army battles and Special Dungeons for only two weeks! Battle through these "gates of hell" to obtain these exclusive Boxes for rewards!
We just had a RAR event and now they want us to do another RAR event. I don't even like RAR. The new bosses suck. Thor sucks. Lavasat sucks and he doesn't even have his main gimmick. Titan... Titan's alright, I guess. Well, that's all beside the point. Run RAR or [S] raids to get Shining Material Boxes. They contain Godly mats, Grade 1 Mysterious/Abyssal Shards, Fatigue potions, 100 AP Capsules, and Fine HP Potions (what?).

Time for Hot Dogs no wait

quote:

Special Hot Time Event

Event Period: May 22nd - 25th

The Special Hot Time Event is back! Check out what sort of perks are given during the Hot Time for this coming weekend and don't miss out on the free boost!
This weekend we get double Expertise exp gain, halved repair fees, and extra raid departures.

The Wheel keeps coming 'round and 'round

quote:

Twice as Nice Prize Wheel Event Is Back!

The [Twice as Nice Prize Wheel Event] is back Mercenaries to keep you hydrated from your fatigue after a long battle of completing your daily missions! Spin the wheel with the Tickets you've earned from battle and restore your strength from a long day's work! Stay hydrated Mercenaries!
Doing your daily missions to get coupons will also get you two spin tickets. You know how this works. All of the spots on the wheel give both AP capsules and Fatigue potions.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

drat IDK it was as chance for a +11 flawless stone :(

I'm going to do the event and get blessings just like always.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Alder posted:

drat IDK it was as chance for a +11 flawless stone :(

I'm going to do the event and get blessings just like always.
I may have hosed up and confused the +11 jump stone for the stone that guarantees success going from +10 to +11. And, as is often the case, the official write-up is not clear and may even be inaccurate.

evilmaniac
Jul 10, 2010
I remember they had a regional restriction on this game where non NA ip addresses would not be allowed to log in. Is this still a thing ?

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
Haven't played this since.... 2015 I think, not going to count logging once a year or so just to see if any friends where around.

Was considering to maybe hop on again for old times sake and actual play a little, but after getting up to date with the later changes to the game(fatigue etc) I'm not sure I wan't to spoil any good memories I may still have from playing in the past.

Game was already on a somewhat lengthy downhill ride of bad dev decisions back when I stopped playing, but now its seems like everything's gone to poo poo even by Nexon standards?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Yes but I have so many cute outfits I can't quit now :effort:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

evilmaniac posted:

I remember they had a regional restriction on this game where non NA ip addresses would not be allowed to log in. Is this still a thing ?
People complain about it with some regularity on the official Discord, so I'm going to say yes. Now that I think about it, there must be ways to circumvent it without ruining your connection speed since I occasionally see messages in global chat advertising raids hosted by players in Asia.

Choyi posted:

Game was already on a somewhat lengthy downhill ride of bad dev decisions back when I stopped playing, but now its seems like everything's gone to poo poo even by Nexon standards?
Players are still shoving scads of cash into the game to get VVIP and gacha boxes so by Nexon's standards, everything is going great. For people who don't want to pay a pseudo-subscription? It sucks. If you're an established player with lots of alts you can survive by jumping between characters or relying on event-given fatigue potions. If you're new or returning, you're going to quickly torch your Fatigue by leveling. If you're in that situation, you're drat near reliving the silver token days. Except, you know, in those days you could actually get a full party to run low-level content with you.

It's a shame because the game itself is still fun to actually play. Characters handle better in general and are more diverse yet decently balanced, normal battles are streamlined so they don't drag on, and bosses are more interesting and can remain challenging for a long time. Getting a character's numbers to the point that they can compete in endgame raids is the part that's horribly designed... and then Fatigue came and made it even harder for struggling players to farm what they need. That's why I refuse to post a new thread for Season 4: This game is a horrible trap for new people and I don't want to encourage folk to step on said trap and get shot in the nuts with a crossbow bolt or what have you. I want to believe that some day, Fatigue will either be removed or trivialized but I'm kind of losing hope on that front.

evilmaniac
Jul 10, 2010

ArchWizard posted:

People complain about it with some regularity on the official Discord, so I'm going to say yes. Now that I think about it, there must be ways to circumvent it without ruining your connection speed since I occasionally see messages in global chat advertising raids hosted by players in Asia.

I see. I understand why they have it being that the instances are p2p hosted and it would be real annoying if you consistently had to deal with high latency, but it is unfortunate if you travel often :(

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

ArchWizard posted:

Yes, there is an IP restriction. I had to use Mudfish to play on the US servers when I came back for Eira.

The nice thing is that only the Nexon launcher itself checks for the restriction, not the game - so you can fire up the VPN, hit play on the launcher and then quickly close the VPN. The game itself doesn't care and will connect normally.

(by the by, the restrictions aren't there to preserve a good connection, it's because someone else still holds the license for Vindictus in affected territories)

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Some teasers got posted in #future_updates.

quote:

Firstly, we will be releasing [a new RAID battle] in [June update], along with the [Tower of Illusion (Mirage Tower)], which is a solo battle content, and the [Friendship skills] which were introduced earlier this year.

In this new RAID battle, you will face an ancient weapon called [Ragnahim] as you try to leave [Kelsina Mountain] after the tough battle against [Nyle].

[Ragnahim] is essentially a machine that cannot move on its own, but imbued with unknown power as its power source, it stands in heroes' path.

Ragnahim? I hardly know him! They say it's an ancient weapon but that boss's design screams "Kean's brother built this thing, what a prick he continues to be." Which could make some thematic sense now that Kean has shuffled his way back into the plot. I really hope he doesn't stab us in the back like a certain other Season 2 character has gently caress you Milo :colbert:

quote:

[The Tower of Illusion] is the single player battle content for heroes of Lv 100 or higher, challenging players to clear a tower consisting of 30 floors and earn various rewards such as EXP, gold and items.

Rumours say, there will be a [challenge mode] prepared for hardcore players, so please look forward to it.
People in chat are already ragging on the idea of going through a thirty-stage gauntlet alone. Abyssal Arena is long enough to tax my patience and you have people with you for that. Then again, AA is thirteen floors, twelve of which have four to six stages each... Maybe it won't be that bad. But still: Solo content. Meh.

Maybe I shouldn't say that. I didn't like the idea of Ein Lacher at first but I eventually grew to enjoy being challenged by it. It's also something to do when people aren't running the raids I want. And you can do Tower of Illusion at level 100! Hopefully it won't require Counterforce and you can run it before you've got the numbers to join the big boy raids. That's not a great way to address the issue of number creep, but I'm trying to find some way to pretend this isn't stupid.

quote:

Following the hefty [June update], another [new hero] is scheduled for visit in [July]. Look forward to this new hero that will appear with the fascinating weapon called [Swordspear]!

I'm pretty sure Lann's Twin Spears are already these. Yeah, so we don't even have Lethor out here and they're getting ready to release another playable character in KR. I've heard that Lethor hasn't been as popular (read: profitable) as other recent characters and that may be why they're pushing another one. But that's all hearsay.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 08:35 on May 29, 2020

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7faLCP4QMW0

There was a maintenance. No Nyle this week. No Lethor pre-reg this week. There is a new event and it's alright. It's designed to give you the materials you need to make use of all that free level 100 Damascus Steel.

Reforge Madness!

quote:

Royal Army Recruit's Reforge Event

Event Period: June 2nd - June 16th
Exchange Shop Period: June 2nd - June 23rd

Veteran Mercenaries who love battling in Raids because they thirst for the challenge but want better rewards, we've brought an event exactly just that! Complete the Raids, collect Coupons from the Boxes that drop, and exchange yourself a Reward you want! It's exclusively run only for two weeks so make the most out of it Mercs!
Run Season 3 raids and get boxes. Raids from Dullahan to Elchulus give "Royal Army Recruit's Supply Box 1". These contain sets of godly mats, fatigue potions, and 300 AP capsules. They also contain one "Royal Army Recruit Coupon Fragment". Raids from Macha to Aodhan give "Royal Army Recruit's Supply Box 2". These contain one of the following: An unstable enchant or enhance rune, a box containing five of each godly mat, 5 party merc potions, 20 superior HP potions, or 3 fatigue potions. In addition to those, each supply box contains a "Royal Army Recruit Coupon".

So I keep mentioning coupons. There's an exchange shop. For twelve coupons you can get a 15-day VVIP capsule (1 per account). For eight coupons you can get an Additional Departure Boost that gives you five extra raids per day (1 per account). For six coupons you can a box containing an Astera Weapon Essences (2 per account). For four coupons you can get a box containing your choice of weapon ore (4 per account). For five coupons you can get a new title, "Supply Sneaker". And then there's junk: Departure licenses, fatigue potions, graces and merc pots.

The limits on boxes are twelve of each type per week. It takes two fragments to make one coupon so that's eighteen coupons per week and the event lasts for two weeks. So yeah, it's not that hard to run the board if you have more than a few characters on your account. Also note that since the supply 1 boxes always give three fat pots, the raids for them are essentially Fatigue-positive. So, it's a good event to farm even if you don't have VVIP.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hytg8uo48_U

Nexon has announced that a big update will be announced soon

quote:

Regarding v.2.65 Client Download

Greetings Mercenaries,

We’d like to give you a heads up regarding the new client of the upcoming v.2.65 update that’s going to be released this Tuesday, June 16th, 2020.

The v.2.65 client is going to be filled with new updates as well as our Team’s hard work in bringing you richer gameplay, therefore, the client will slightly be bigger than before. Downloading this will as well take a bit longer, so we ask for your kind patience and understanding throughout.

Note: Your in-game option settings will remain the same when you’ve downloaded the new client.

Since the new client will slightly be heavier, we’re going to allow our players to pre-download the new client through our Nexon Launcher during this Tuesday’s maintenance so that our players can enjoy the new updates as soon as the maintenance ends.

We’ll announce through our official Discord channel when the button for the pre-download is ready for installment, so stay tuned and please note that the pre-download for this client will only be available on our Nexon Launcher this time.

Thank you once again for your kind patience and understanding in advance, and we always appreciate your love and support for Vindictus.

- The Vindictus Team
Something big is coming and we'll be allowed to pre-download the client update. drat you kids and your obsession with thicc thighs. They had to add several gigabytes to the client to make room for all of that morbid obesity. I hope your Lynns and Lethors all die of heart disease in the middle of a raid.

There are also a couple of giveaway events this week, for some reason.

Event The First: We're Still Trying to Get You Guys to Join the Discord

quote:

Event 1: Shower of Gifts Just by Logging In

Event Period: June 16th - July 28th

It's important to stay hydrated after a long sweaty battle under this scorching heat but we'd really like to cool things off by showering you with a free surprise! Simply log in this Tuesday to Vindictus to receive a free week-long VVIP Pass! Everyone in Vindictus will get a chance at this so never miss on the event!

Event Details

Per-Account Event (Lv. 50+)

Look out for a Shared Coupon announced on our Discord #Events tab on the 16th!
Coupon expires on July 28th.

Copy the Coupon code and redeem it in-game. (How-to-Redeem)

Receive a [Summer Login First Box].

Open it to receive a 7-Day VVIP Service for free from us!

Enjoy!
Join the official Discord, wait until the 16th, get the coupon code, redeem the coupon code for a 7-Day VVIP Capsule. I don't know if it's going to have a timer on it.

Event The Second: We'll Settle For You Guys Just Logging Into The Game Once

quote:

Event 2: Shower of Gifts Just by Logging In

Event Period: June 16th - July 28th

Join us this Summer in Vindictus this coming Tuesday and we'll mail you another free and awesome gift! This is just the beginning of many more to come.

Event Details

Per-Account Event (Lv. 50+)

Upon logging in to Vindictus with a Lv. 50+ character, you'll receive a [Summer Login Second Box] posted instantly to your mail!
Log in, get a box containing a 30-Day LUK badge, 30 divine blessing stones (the good ones), a 15-Day VVIP Capsule, 30 Damascus Steel (shareable within account only), and Permanent Inner and Hair Coupons (also account shareable). The cosmetic coupon boxes expire at the end of the year so there's plenty of time to use them.

I don't understand the point of announcing events that don't start until the 16th. That's update day. They already announce stuff on update day. Why are they trying to get us excited now? And why have a separate event for a 7-Day VVIP cap if you're just going to tuck a 15-Day VVIP Cap into another event's reward package? If they want people to use the Discord, why don't they put the better reward there?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsKpepxn94Q

The Lethor teaser event is here.
Lethor is nearly upon us. There's a teaser trailer we've seen before and a backstory video I can't stand to listen to. It also lists all of the events starting today. But there's no pre-registration event. Weird. It's also weird that they didn't change her name. She's still Lethor.

Sadly, we still have over a month to get our own punchin' Judy. The arrival date is set for July 21.

Ice dispenser goin' up

quote:

Collect Frigid Crystals to Beat the Heat!

Event Period: June 16th - July 21st
Exchange Shop Period: June 16th - July 28th

To support our hard-working Mercenaries battling fiercely through the heat of the day, we've decided to cool you off with a 'Frigid Crystal' for every 15 minutes you're in Vindictus! Collect enough and trade them at the Exchange Shop for a gift of your choice from us!
Log in and stay logged in to collect frigid crystals. Then exchange the frigid crystals for reward. Four crystals per day times thirty-five days is 140 crystals. The most important rewards are a level 100 Brilliant Stone Destiny Box (15 crystals, one per account). Mysterious and Abyssal Shard Destiny Boxes (10 crystals each, two of each per account). A +10-+15 Accessory Coupon Random Box (10 crystals, one per account), and a +1 Quality Coupon Box (10 crystals, one per account). You can also get dye ampoules, fatigue potions, merc pots, or graces. Those are also limited for some bizarre reason.

The Stone Destiny Box is a bit odd. You can use it and get your choice of stone. One lets you enhance a +10 item to +11 with 100% success. You can also get a stone that will let you enhance a piece of +11 gear to +12 with an 80% chance of success. The third choice is a stone that lets you enhance a +12 piece of equipment to +13 with a 50% chance of success. Which isn't great, but it's a lot better than usual. Still going to be a huge disappointment when it ends up failing.

Under Pressure to roll some dice

quote:

Dice, Dice, Baby Event

A Mercenary has got to do what a Mercenary has got to do! And they are your Daily Missions! But we'd like to give you a refreshing reward in this heat every time you finish them! Complete this job and receive dices from us to roll for some rewards! According to your move, you'll win refreshments! Stay hydrated Mercenary!
Do all of your daily missions, get dice. Roll dice and get fatigue potions. Usually. You could get graces (lol) or Damascus Steel (good). That's it. It's not a complicated event.

Nyle's not just a river in Egypt

quote:

Nyle Release Celebration Event

Event Period: June 16th - July 7th

Deep inside Mount Celsina, awaits a Dark Knight ready to fight against you, the hero of Vindictus. In supporting your cause, we're giving out +1 additional departure for the newly opened raid. Claim your victory Mercenary!
The Nyle raid is here. They have little to say about him which is odd considering how extensive the Cesar write-up was. So anyway: Extra departures. Typical.

Another raid ticket event

quote:

Lucky & Happy Raid Event

Exchange Shop Period: June 16th - July 28th

Raids just got more interesting and exciting! For only a handful of weeks, event tickets to the Prize Wheel and Exchange Shop will drop when you clear Raids! Make the most out of this opportunity and win as many rewards as you can! Enjoy!
Run raids, get tickets. Raids from Dullahan to Rupacitus will give you a Lucky ticket that you can use to spin a prize wheel. The rewards are usable and that's all I will say. Astera raids and Cesar will drop "Lucky & Happy" tickets. These can be used in an exchange shop. 36 tickets will get you a 100% rank 6 enchant for armors. You can choose from a set of six possible scrolls. Limit one per account. Twelve tickets will get you a max stat Astera armor essence box or a max stat Astera armor ore box (two of each per account). Finally, there are superior HP potions. Really? Not even merc pots? Sheesh.

Oh yeah, remember that event to get a free 7-Day VVIP Capsule on the 16th? It's the 16th now. The code is VINDISUMMER2020

And one last thing: In the latest story update, Muir and Brynn debate what Milo is up to. They speculate that he's actually been corrupted by the power of Cromm Cruaich. That's why he's willing to fight us, his cool friend. It's also why he's turning into a bloated corpse. It's because he is a bloated corpse and Cromm is now using him to carry out his plan to build a new kingdom of death. Oops.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

One of the Discord moderators posted this thing (linked because it's long): https://i.imgur.com/4huYxrR.jpg. It's a comic revealing a few of the design decisions behind the swordspear dude coming next, after Lethor. I'm not surprised to learn that one of the ways the cartoonist thought to distinguish him from Lynn was to give him a jump attack, Final Fantasy dragoon-style. Also: Surprise reveal that Delia's second weapon really will be a rapier or estoc? People in NA and EU have been saying it for so long that I assumed they wouldn't do it just to spite us.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 19, 2020

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I don't know what's going to happen to the SA forums in the coming days. If you're worried Lowtax will shut down the forums but want to know what's happening in Vindictus, I recommend signing up for the official Discord and reading news and future_updates. If you only care a little, follow the official Vindictus account on Twitter or subscribe to their YouTube to get the occasional announcement and teaser. This is pretty much all I do to know what's coming and all of you can do it too.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Forums saved. 10 more years of reading ArchWizard Vindictus updates and hoping they fix fatigue.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Hy_C posted:

Forums saved. 10 more years of reading ArchWizard Vindictus updates and hoping they fix fatigue.
Sometimes I post things that aren't updates. Like these videos of the mobile version of Vindictus that came out a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgwHRFWsgwc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9JZrsaaMac

I am losing my mind at this thing. It's like an April Fool's joke made real. But how come there's a version of Vindictus that runs on a phone while the version we have struggles to run well on gaming PCs?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

ArchWizard posted:

Sometimes I post things that aren't updates. Like these videos of the mobile version of Vindictus that came out a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgwHRFWsgwc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9JZrsaaMac

I am losing my mind at this thing. It's like an April Fool's joke made real. But how come there's a version of Vindictus that runs on a phone while the version we have struggles to run well on gaming PCs?

I'm assuming this is already dead.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Hy_C posted:

I'm assuming this is already dead.
Probably. I can't find much information when I Google for "vindictus mobile" or "mabinogi heroes mobile". What little I can find when searching is that it wasn't popular in general and only had a following in China.

There's a bit more news about the version of Vindictus that we play. The devs talk about the new spear guy, Kael:

quote:

Following after [Grimden], who was released in Summer 2018, [Kael] is the new male hero to be released in Maginogi(sic) Heroes, wielding the massive [Swordspear] as the weapon, and wearing full-plate armor with a cloak, traits of a true knight.
People have said that he looks suspiciously like Keaghan, and the reason is that he kind of is. Then again, Keaghan was a Royal Army captain and Kael was a Royal Guard. Kean was also a Royal Guard and he didn't dress like Keaghan. I'm starting to think Vindi lore isn't entirely consistent :thunk:

quote:

[He who fights for justice and values.]
Kael was born a noble, enjoying an easygoing, smooth life, and as the knight of the Royal Guard, he was bringing honor to his family.

However, when faced with the miserable aspects of the world, he began to doubt the values he believed in and soon after, joined the [Resistance group], formed by the people. Kael is a knight of [Royal Guard] that is protecting the King, and a member of [Resistance] at the same time. Soon after, another major event occurs that will put him to the test.
I'm going to be pissed if a male character ends up being the socialist revolutionary that Delia could have been. Well, maybe it's not too late. Does anybody know how Lethor feels about landlords?

quote:

[Kael] is the hero whose gameplay can be noted close to fast-paced through his [restrained movement] with the [Swordspear] and [dealing additional damage]. The Swordspears's main capabilities revolve around [delivering piercing and slashing attacks while utilizing the weapon's reach].

Additionally, using his [core attack skills], you can inflict [additional damage] to the enemy even after the attack is over. And if you succeed in delivering an additional attack, you can [defend against the enemy attack and launch a deadly counterattack].
Stabby guy does stabby things, okay. I'm not clear on how these extra attacks or counters will work. Kael hasn't even been released on the KR test server so there are no gameplay videos yet.

quote:

Lastly, after the [Kael Update] in July, a [completely new content update] will arrive in August. This content is [something that was never seen before] in Mabinogi Heroes.
More details will be revealed in the next Dev Talk, so please wait for a little longer!
Something that's never been seen before, huh? I honestly don't know what that could be. Sadly, if it's not going to be released to KR until August, we NA/EU people won't get it until the end of the year. Why, that'll be years from now!

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Can you even level up all the way to cap with fatigue? I’m guessing this is why there’s no registration event.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Hy_C posted:

Can you even level up all the way to cap with fatigue? I’m guessing this is why there’s no registration event.
A couple of weeks ago they announced a pair of Lethor pre-release events. I didn't point them out at the time because they don't start until July 7th. There's no mention of free (V)VIP or Fatigue potions in the rewards. If you doggs want to prove me wrong you can check the event pages yourself:

Partial to the Martial, starts July 7th
Lethor's Special Outfit, happens July 21st

Over the past couple of months they've given away a few weeks' worth of VVIP caps. I assume they expected people to save them for Lethor, or to lean on the fatigue potion giveaways they're always running. Will that be enough? We don't know because this will be the first character release since Fatigue was brought over here. I doubt it'll go so disastrously that people will flip out and make demands for change that are impossible for Nexon to ignore. The whales will be fine and they're the ones who matter, so welp :shrug:

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jul 1, 2020

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnW8gtymvm8

As I said a few days ago, an actual Lethor prep event starts after tonight's maintenance.

The first event. The hard one.

quote:

Partial to the Martial Arts Event

Event Period: July 7th - August 8th
Exchange Shop Period: July 7th - August 11th

Lethor is on her way and is expected to have her arrival to Colhen on July 21st! Therefore, to get you all prepared for her arrival, the Strange Traveler has a story for you to listen and learn regarding the way of the Martial Arts. Complete this story and receive rewards, especially Lethor-exclusive rewards on the way!
This is the event that sucks because it takes a lot of grinding. Talk to the Strange Traveler to start a quest. Then farm level 30+ battles to collect martial arts manual pages. Ten pages can be exchanged for one coupon. One coupon is needed to buy each of the available packages and there are five packages, for a total of fifty pages. The good news is that raids drop pages and pages can be passed between characters on the same account. The bad news is that there's still a variety of battles that don't give pages. You don't get them from [S] dungeons, Ein Lacher, Abyssal Arena, RAR, Niflheim, or Redeemers. There's also a set of perfectly ordinary battles that simply don't drop pages. You can see the list by clicking the link up there.

So, what are the rewards? There are five coupons to earn and each coupon is eventually used to buy a box. These boxes can only be opened by a Lethor.
Box 1: 5000 AP capsule, 10 of each blessing stone, a 14-Day epaulet that grants 1000 ATT, 1000 DEF, 3 Bal, 3 SPD, and 3 Crit
Box 2: Unstable Enhance Rune, +13 level 95 Restorative Enhance Rune
Box 3: Unstable Enchant Rune, perfectly stable Enchant Rune (why? They're both binding)
Box 4: 30-day makeup coupon (why is it timed), and a permanent body tattoo coupon (why is it not timed)
Box 5: An outfit. There are three options and none of them look that good to me.

If you get all five coupons and talk to the Tange Straveler one more time, you also get a story completion reward usable by any character: A Help Package that contains two graces, 10 merc pots, and four Damascus Steels. You also get a "Restored Secret Martial Arts Guide" which, when used, gives a 500 AP capsule (!?!?!?!!?).

I'm going to be perfectly honest and say this event sucks. Too much work for meh rewards.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 7, 2020

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Lethor's coming out tomorrow. It is very important that you log in.

quote:

Lethor's Special Outfit Event

Event Period: July 21st - August 25th

Lethor has finally arrived to Vindictus and she's just around the corner on her way to Colhen! Prepare for her arrival on July 21st and celebrating our latest new hero, we're going to give out her special, exclusive outfit on the day! Be sure to come, celebrate with us, and receive this gift!

Event Details

Receive a free Lethor Special Outfit! (You will be asked to choose 1 of below.)
The outfits they're giving away are really something. I think those are actually from a past gacha? They certainly look fancy enough.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX0wCyvn3pI

Update 2.66 hail Sata

quote:

Lethor Lethor Lethor
Just about everything here is about Lethor being added and other game features getting updates to accommodate her existence. You can craft her gear now, you can see her in the mercenary lounge, you can use her in Partholon Vanguard once you get her to level 100, and so forth. They also gave everybody a free character slot so you don't have to spend ten bucks just to play her.

"You're Lethor? I'm so Lethor I can't pith!"

quote:

Lethor Update

1. Lethor : Character Introduction

There's a lot of backstory here. You can read it if you care but don't want to watch the intro video that plays when you make a Lethor. Short version: Lethor is from a clan of martial artists who can control their life force. Then, one day most of them get wiped out. Then, several years later, most of the remaining clan members get wiped out again. Lethor doesn't know what else to do so she shrugs and heads off to finish the last contract she was given. Which is at Colhen. Which seems awfully convenient if you ask me.

quote:

3. Lethor : Skill Characteristics
She's a martial artist. She punch a bunch. Sometimes she kicks. Sometimes she uses her life force to do crazy wizard poo poo. The important thing to know is that her smashes have good range, both in the "they cover a large area" sense and "they launch her forward a lot" sense.

The obligatory powerleveling event

quote:

Let's Go, Lethor! Level Up!

The 16th hero of Vindictus, Lethor, has finally arrived in Colhen and she's awaiting your guidance on finishing her last mission for her clan! Progress through the event story, 'Let's Go, Lethor! Level Up!,' and help her prep for the intense battles she has ahead in her journey in Vindictus!
Talk to the Strange Traveler with a Lethor to get a box. The box contains a box, which contains another box, and so on. The boxes can be opened at level 1, 50, 70, 90, 95, and 100. It's mostly boring stuff like merc pots, but there are also AP capsules, an Eochaid/Abom essence box at 90, a Dullahan/Aes Sidhe box at 95, and Astera essence+ore boxes at 100. The 100 box also contains a unique title. Not bad at all.

Golden Time

quote:

Summer 2020 Hot & Golden Time Event

Summer 2020 Hot Time Event

Event Period: July 21st - September 8th

2020's Summer Hot Time Event is back! Check out what sort of perks are given during the heat of this Summer's Hot Time and don't miss out on the free boosts!
For Hot Time, weekends come with doubled combat exp, doubled AP, extra departures, extra drops, and faster expertise gain.

quote:

Summer 2020 Golden Time Event

Event Period: July 21st - September 8th

The season for Golden Time Event has returned for this year's hot summer of 2020! Log in on the weekends during the event and receive rewards!
Log in on the weekends and stay logged in to get goodies. The rewards are really good and appropriate for most players.

Sprout, sprout, let it all out

quote:

Sprouting Together Event

Exchange Shop Period: July 21st - September 1st

For 5 weeks, we would like to support your growth in Vindictus! Upon joining with a new character or higher, you'll receive a Package from us that will help you on your leveling journey in Vindictus! Clear battles, trade the Coupons you've earned for items you need, and receive our support!
Every character who logs in gets an epaulet box. The epaulet it contains can be enhanced by earning coupons from battles near your level (limit 3 per day) and exchanging the coupons for fertilizer in the exchange shop. If you end up with extra coupons, there are other goodies you can get, like a sprout hat.

Diligent Daily Missions

quote:

Diligent Daily Missions Event!

This event is real easy for our diligent heroes of Vindictus who have faithfully finished their Daily Missions given to them until now! That's right! If you simply do your "homework" during the event period, as you have been doing until now, we're going to reward you with a [Nifty Gift Box]! A box full of necessities you need for your battles! Finish your Daily Missions and receive a reward from the box now!
Do your daily temporal missions, get a box. The box contains one of the following: A 5-pack of superior HP potions, a 3-pack of fatigue potions, a Damascus Steel, a departure license, a LUK +5 scroll, or an AP capsule (ranges from 200 to 1000 AP in value).

Another guild mission event ugh

quote:

Let's Go Together! Event

Event Period: July 21st - August 11th
Exchange Shop Period: July 21st - August 18th

The Exchange Shop has managed to get a hold of the 'Elchulus Headgear Outfit!' However, you can only obtain it with your guild! Join a guild now and get the cute Elchulus Headgear Outfit now!
Do all of your guild missions in a day on the same character to get a coupon. Six coupons gets you an Elchulus hat. Five coupons gets you a unique title. The rest of the rewards are boring. Guild missions are still horribly painful to complete, and now you've got fatigue loving you over. Awful event, always has been.

RAR and AA boxes again

quote:

Royal Army & Abyssal Arena's Secret Box

For 5 weeks, we're going to give out a "Secret Box" according to your Royal Army and Abyssal Arena battle completions! Complete the following battles, obtain a Secret Box, and earn free rewards you need for upgrade!
We've had this event before and it's not half bad. Run RAR or AA to get boxes that contain goodies, including shards for material synthesis. Very important for number go up.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Bah I uninstalled this to make space for PSO2 but a unique title and golden time makes me at least a little tempted to come level a Lethor till I get sick of dealing with fatigue.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Nexon doing some more super obvious whale baiting by adding a bunnygirl outfit that makes characters bustier and curvier when wearing the full set, then locking it behind a gamble box.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Really debating trying this out over the weekend but just looking at fatigue systems gives flashbacks. Where are my coins to pay the ships. :v:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpmTe3TDdVU

Another dice event is finally here, despite being announced two weeks ago

quote:

Round & Round Raid Dice Game Event

Event Period: August 4th - 25th

Raids just got more interesting! For just 3 weeks starting August 4th, an event Dice will drop upon completing the battle regions listed below. Roll the dices collected on Gallagher's Dice Game Board and win rewards according to where you land! Get your free rewards now!
Run normal raids (Dullahan to Nyle) to get a die, maximum 35 dice per week. Roll dice to move around the board. The "worst" reward is a Material box, which contains 1 New Era Remnant and one of the following: 2 Heavenly Leather, 2 Godly Cloth, or 2 Godly Iron Ore. Tied with that is the Buff box, which contains one of the following potions: +500 ATT, +2 Balance, +2 Crit. Considered to be better than either of those boxes is the Survival Box, which contains 3 merc pots, 1 fatigue potion, and 5 superior HP potions. Finally, if you complete a circuit around the board, you get a Round and Round box. This box will contain one of the following: An unstable enchant or enhance rune, a Damascus Steel, a 500 AP capsule (lol), or an Exquisite Equipment Durability Protection potion (lol again).

It's an alright event. The godly mats are nice because the only other way to get them without buying them is to solo normal battles, which isn't very much fun. Fatigue potions are always a good get. The buff potions can be a nice help if they let you meet Power or Tech requirements for battles. Runes, even unstable ones, are always really useful to stockpile, as is Damascus Steel.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

How's lethor?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Hy_C posted:

How's lethor?
She's alright. Very powerful. Somewhat versatile. Can be played in a "safe" way that does decent damage by spamming the same pattern that involves normal punches to recover stamina, smashing to DPS, and dodging to avoid hits. If you're like most people (and most people are), you'll prefer to live dangerously and rely on blocking and counterattacking. Lethor's block is demanding because it doesn't last long and has enough of a cooldown to make it difficult to spam. It's actually a bit like playing sword Vella, where entering your counter stance too early means you're almost certainly going to eat poo poo. But like sword Vella, if you're intimately familiar with boss combos you can just counter over and over again to rack up the damage and avoid getting hurt.

Also, Lethor is good because she likes kitties:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwIe_sjKeAY

An update happened. A bunch of events ended and a bunch more have begun.

To be specific, it's the 2.67 update that just happened

quote:

v.2.67 Updates

■ Guild House Update

They've improved the guild house. You can now teleport around using quick move. No more trudging around to pet things or work the farm or hit up the seal vending machine on the rear balcony. And speaking of the vending machine: You can use it three times per day instead of once every eight hours. Similarly, resting in bed to recover Fatigue is possible on reset, instead of 24 hours from the last time you rested in bed. Farming is slightly better because you don't have to dick around with equippable watering cans to get your 2 guild seals per day. Now you can just water crops five times per day and you get a Guild Seal every time, for a whopping 5 seals per day. Finally, cooking guild feasts is less irritating because you can now buy all of the ingredients from the guild shop and use cooking expertise inside one of the guild house kitchens.

quote:

■ Object Function Improvements
A new function has been added, mostly to benefit the whales: Objects can be used to recover some Fatigue when deployed. Every account could get a Picnic Blanket object for free from the Gremlin giveaway event, so in theory everybody can take advantage of this. Alas, objects are per-character, not per-account, so I hope you gave your blanket to someone you enjoy playing.

quote:

■ Friendship System Contents 3rd Update
A third friendship level, Close Ally, has been added. Friends who are at Close Ally will perform slightly better in merc missions. They tire less often and their power stances will last longer. This is completely pointless because again, you should be able to do all of those missions with friendship level 1 mercs. In better news, the friendship interface has been revamped to give more and better information. The outstanding change is that the game now tells you outright which gifts each merc prefers. No more guesswork and no more keeping guides bookmarked in your browser. Another great change is that spamming chitchat to increase closeness has been made faster and less click-intensive.

quote:

■ Character Balance Adjustment
Mostly buffs, some nerfs.
  • Hammer Fiona is better. More damage. Less stamina consumption. More SP gain. Will this make hammer fiona competitive with longsword fiona? Probably not. Fiona players have invested a lot into their swords. See, that's the problem with playing characters with two weapons: It costs a lot more to experiment with them.
  • Staff Evie's spells are more damaging. One of Scythe Evie's snaps is less damaging.
  • Cestus Karok has been buffed, pretty much the same way hammer Fiona got buffed. More damaging smashes, less stamina consuming, more SP gain.
  • Chain Vella starts battles with ten stacks of Cold-Hearted holy loving poo poo. Chain Vella's biggest weakness was that she had a major wind-up time due to lackluster damage outside of Heart of Ice state. Now she can go nuts right from the get-go. This is a massive game-changer.
  • Teide Hurk can do some stuff in double shot mode, whatever that means. I don't know Hurk.
  • Spellsword Arisha gets a bunch of changes. The general tenor is that Arisha can do things a bit faster than before. Likewise for Whip Arisha, but less so. It's mostly about reducing cooldowns.
  • Sylas does a bit less damage than before
  • Delia's smashes and active skills do more damage and she starts battles with three stacks of Vigor instead of one
  • Miri's Slice and Dice skill (where she charges forward and neither slices nor dices anything) costs less SP and has a shorter cooldown. Miri also starts battles with Hydra, the buff gained by parrying, and going into dragon form gives her Perfect Hydra, which cannot be lost by getting hit.
  • Eira got nerfed. Some of her attacks do less damage, some of them do more. Inverse Shot, the skill where you press R during an attack to launch yourself backwards while shooting, now recovers Stamina if you actually manage to damage someone besides yourself while doing it.
  • Belle's parry moves work slightly better, and the cooldown on Belle's second Tab attack has been reduced
  • A few of Lethor's attacks have longer ranges, and some of her active skills can now be cancelled by trying to block

quote:

■ Expertise
:frogsiren: Season 3/4 accessories can now be crafted via Goldsmithing :frogsiren: Milletian shields can be crafted using Armorsmithing.

quote:

■ Battle
Considerable number of changes, mostly having to do with the mechanics of launching battles, leaving battles, etc. There are also numerous bugfixes for raids, including some that cause overlapping damage. Also, you can't spear party members any more. Good. gently caress that poo poo.

quote:

■ Fatigue Point System
Speaking of gently caress that poo poo: Fatigue. The change wherein Fatigue is not deducted until you win a battle has finally arrived. The exception is the Abyssal Arena, where Fatigue is deducted after the first floor is completed (since that's how far you need to get to earn any rewards from a failed run).

quote:

■ Material Synthesis
Attack Limit Removal can't be performed on a piece of equipment unless it's +13 or higher. This is kind of bad because ALR is a critical part of getting the big numbers in battles. Players should have no issue getting +13 gear since the free Dullahan stuff comes with jump stones and runes that make this easy, but it's an issue if you're trying to make Astera or Milletian gear.

quote:

■ Graphics
■ Graphic Improvements

Mostly glitch fixes involving clothing and inner armors.

quote:

■ Convenience
  • You can now auto-deploy mercs in Partholon Vanguard. I don't know how intelligently the game allocates people but who cares? It's free stuff.
  • When you zoom in, your character will turn their eyes and head to look at the camera. There's an option to turn it off in the Etc. tab. I dunno, this seems like the opposite of convenient?
  • Stimulants are loving dead. You can sell them to NPCs for the price it used to cost to buy them.

quote:

■ UI
  • Battle Info will now tell you the Fatigue cost for a battle before you enter it
  • Character Chat is also loving dead. They usually die a month after a new character is released, which could cause problems down the road :shrug:
  • NPC portraits are a lot bigger. There's a setting to turn this off in Options.

quote:

■ Misc
There are a bunch of changes in here but I'm getting tired, so the only thing my brain can grasp is that other players' characters now blink. Apparently they didn't before.

Another event to celebrate friendships

quote:

Friendship 3rd Update Celebration Event

Event Period: August 25th - September 8th

The 3rd update to Friendship has been added! Celebrating the release of the new content, here's an event to go along with it for some cool rewards! Talk to the Strange Traveler to receive the Mission and help him out for an exclusive 'Traveler's Gift Box' that's filled with the items below! Enjoy!
Every day, run merc missions to get a box from the Strange Traveler. The box will contain a merc gift box (the kind that contains gifts to give to mercs) and one of the following: 2 Friendship Seals (lame), 1 Premium Bath Soap (good, but has an expiration date), 5 Fatigue Potions (good), 10 superior HP potions (lol), 3 graces (also lol). It might be worth it for a shot at fatigue potions or premium soap, but that's it. Nothing else in there is good.

The lums are invading again

quote:

Shayla's Gathering Dungeon Event

Event Period: August 25th - September 22nd

Shayla's got some new items in her Gathering Essence Shop! Check out what's new and head on to the 7 Gathering Dungeons with your Lv. 70+ Mercenary and collect those Gathering Essences for rewards of your choice! Only the persistent deserve her items.
Every day, each character that logs in gets a dungeon ticket. You can also buy a second ticket from Shayla for 300k gold. It's the same event as before but the essence shop has some new items.

The real treasure is the treasure chest you find along the way

quote:

Finding the Aurum Treasure Chest Event

Event Period: August 25th - September 22nd
Exchange Shop Period: August 25th - September 29th

The event for the Raids has returned with a new set of rewards! Clear Lv. 95+ Raids below to receive an Aurum Treasure Chest and seek the exclusive Coin inside to exchange for materials that you need! You've only got 4 weeks so make the most out of it Mercenary!
Run ordinary raids, Dullahan to Nyle, to get Aurum Chests (up to four per day). Each chest contains an aurum coin and one other random reward. The possible rewards include Damascus Steel, durability protection potions, godly crafting mats, fatigue potions, AP 200 capsules, or HP potions. You can, of course, turn in Aurum Coins at the exchange shop to get more rewards. You can get a r6 100% enchant scroll of your choice (45 coins, one per account), a box containing an Astera armor essence with max stats (25 coins, 2 per account), a box containing a legendary ore with max stats for astera armor (25 coins, 2 per account), one Mysterious Shard 1 and one Abyssal Shard 1 (18 coins each, 3 per account each), an Intermediate Element Stone (12 coins, 3 per account), and graces and superior HP potions. Not a bad event, I suppose. I mean, aside from the bit where they say Aurum Coins aren't tradeable. Have fun earning forty-five coins on the same character.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Aug 26, 2020

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

All those character buffs and not a single thing for Lynn, what the gently caress! :argh:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Here's a series of videos about how to get gold in Vindictus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSsOkEAdt9E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKHjo-9q34w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlTEkj9l9gk

A while ago, Nexon ran an event for people to submit YouTube videos of whatever they thought might be interesting or informative or funny. This video series in particular was produced by a long-time player who goes over all of the different ways you can get money, while touching on the various pitfalls and caveats. I enjoyed watching them a lot. Not because I learned anything; I knew about all of these methods beforehand. No, I like them because the guy who made it is Russian and he has a funny accent. But it is a good series of videos that I recommend.

Before you watch, I will issue a caveat of my own: The guy doesn't talk much about how badly Fatigue will screw you over. If you really need a guide on making money, you're probably not the sort of person who's buying VVIP. So, keep that in mind when choosing gold-making methods.

A Cup of Ramen posted:

All those character buffs and not a single thing for Lynn, what the gently caress! :argh:
Lynn did get something: A nerf. You may have noticed that umbrella Lynn got a full Qi bar when using transformation. Well, now she doesn't, because it's not really fair that she got a big boost of that sort when other characters didn't get something analogous. Except Teide Hurk, who did get a full reload on trans but doesn't now for the same reason. I would prefer that the devs gave everybody a boost like that instead of removing the Qi refill but I admit that's not appropriate for every character.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Ah well poo poo monkey paw I guess. :doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

A Cup of Ramen posted:

Ah well poo poo monkey paw I guess. :doh:
If you're feeling down and want a pick-me-up, try vending the accumulated stimulants you've gotten over the years from kitty boxes.

That's just one character, baybee :homebrew: