Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Tessa is coming, I guess. Got a fancy page up with a link to that old trailer, but no other information or even a pre-registration event page. But it's a sign we're close?

Also, lol that the players put more effort into the Michael Jackson tribute event than Nexon did:

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jun 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Eight days to Tessa, according to the countdown to Tessa on the Tessa page. And speaking of Tessa, we have our first eventoid:

quote:

[Welcome to Vindictus] Special Outfit Package Only for Tessa!

Event Period: 7/6 ~ 8/10

Event Details

[To Tessa Package] is given via mail to the character you first log in with during the event period (7/6 UTC 7:00 ~ 8/10 UTC 7:00) (Once per account).
You'll get an outfit package if you log in any time between tomorrow's maintenance and the maintenance on August 10th. The package can be opened by a Tessa who's level ten or higher. It has a unique title, a 30-day unlimited inner armor pass, a permanent storage chest ticket, and a dress box. The dress box will give you your choice of the mini wedding dresses that Lethor got, or some sun dress outfit that probably makes you look like the blonde white woman from half of the advertisements in any given issue of a home and garden magazine.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA9NbU_R-y4

Tessa's here. Her event page has been updated with more information. Hope you didn't forget to use the 15-day VVIP capsule that expired last night. I let it go to waste and I've been mad about it all day.

This is also a proper update:

quote:

Ver. 2.78 Update Note

Table of Contents
1. 18th Hero, Tessa, Update
2. 3rd Wardrobe Update
3. Brandish Update
4. Other Changes

New character, of course. Tessa stabs things and uses gem magic. Tessa's rapiers are made by Weaponsmiths. She has two unique equipment outfits; one is made with Armorcrafting and the other is made with Tailoring. Partholon Vanguard and the merc lounge have also been updated to acknowledge her existence. When you talk to Tessa in the lounge, she uses lots of theater metaphors. It's awful.

As for her background: She was an actress who was taught fencing and gem magic by a mysterious gentleman fencer/gem magician, which is why she knows how to do either of those things. Then they tried to heist the ultimate gem for purposes of ultimate gem magic but he betrayed her for reasons unknown. She got out of trouble with her acting skills and is going to use her fencing and gem magic skills to murder the gently caress out of this guy once she tracks him down.

quote:

2. Dressing Room 3rd Update
They added a bunch of new emblems, titles, and emotes to get if you have the wardrobe points for them. Also, you can now purchase boosts to your in-town movement speed, DEF, and BAL for your outfit slots. The BAL boosts in particular seem potentially broken? Getting extra tech just for spending lots of money on outfits?

quote:

3. Brandish Update
The Brandish is an outfit slot for your weapon. Sort of. In a manner of speaking. Really, a Brandish is an item to which you fuse a weapon so you can equip it as an Outfit item to the Brandish slot. So, it's not as simple as taking a weapon and dropping it into a slot to mark it as an outfit item. Oh, and Brandish items have to be purchased from the supply depot for 7,900 NX. I don't think it's a good use of money.

Booba Fett

quote:

Tessa: The Captivating Bounty Hunter

Tessa is a mesmeric swordswoman who wields the delicate rapier.

Rapiers are long, narrow blades that are more suited for lightweight stabs than heavy slashes.
Tessa's rapier, however, has a gemstone embedded at the hilt that is infused with magic. Not only does this give her the gift of sorcery, it makes powerful slash attacks possible even with such a delicate weapon.
This page explains Tessa's mechanics. Place brands on enemies, detonate brands to do damage. She also has an active dash move and an active skill that can stun.

Level on up, to the tess side

quote:

Level Up Go Go Event

Event Period: 07/13 - 08/10
Characters below level 30 get a box. Open the box to get rewards and another box. Rewards are pretty good: Fatigue potions, big AP capsules, permanent storage chest tickets, an outfit box, and mats to make an Astera weapon. Also, a title if you reach 105 before the event ends.

Speaking of titles

quote:

Tessa to the Max! Level-Up Event

Log in with a level 1 Tessa to get a box. Get to 105 before the event ends and you'll get another title in addition to the other title you get for reaching 105 by participating in the leveling event.

A so-called Golden Time, but this one's involved

quote:

<Summer 2021's Grand Golden Time Event>

Event Period: 07/13 ~ 09/14

Exchange Shop Period: 07/13 ~ 09/21
There's a wide variety of things you can do to earn golden time coupons. The list is over there through that link. You can go to the exchange shop and buy packages with coupons. Opening any package gives the item contained within as well as coins. The coins can also be traded for things in the exchange shop. It's a bit weird. There's a wide variety of extremely good things to buy with coupons and they all cost 50 coupons but are account-shareable. Bulk Damascus Steel. Max Stat milletian armor mats. Runes. A pet box. Permanent chest ticket. Goib+ stone. A 2000 AP capsule. And, of course, each box gives a coin, too. With coins you can purchase a box containing a max +15 enhance ticket, a max +3 quality coupon box, a max +20 accessory enhance box, a 100% success R6 enchant box, a clone outfit box, a 15-day VVIP capsule, a golden outfit set box, a 10k AP capsule, runes, another Goib+ stone, and a permanent inner armor coupon.

On top of all that, we've also got 24/7 double AP from battles, double expertise speed and proficiency gain, and 50% more completion exp. Also, bonus drops from battles on weekends.

Lord of the Gatherings
The luminary dungeon's back again. We just had this event and now they're having it for Tessa. Ugh, I loving hate this dungeon. It's not bad but doing it several times per day kind of sucks. Well, whatever, the rewards aren't bad. I just wish it didn't cost Fatigue to complete. They added a few cosmetic items to the essence shop this time around: A shibe that you wear on your heat, and two bobble hairpins that look like kitties and duckies.

Ready to Die

quote:

Die! Die! Die! AP Dice Game Event

It's the dice event again. Log in every day to get a die in the mail. Complete your daily missions to get three more dice. The game board gives AP and a Grace every time you do a lap. It's not great but free AP is always nice.

Yet another Discord event
Join the discord. As more people join, more coupons for freebies will be released. The headline item is a shark bobblehead hairpin.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jul 14, 2021

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AwYPr2iPm4

There's a Danah skill showcase video out. She seems nice. She's got dodges, and parries, and a tornado skill. I was pretty excited to have gotten Kazuha in Genshin Impact but Vindi's getting a much cooler tornado samurai next year.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I started playing recently because of a friend and I have some questions.
  • Is there any way to use normal armor in outfit slots? Karok has some cool armor like bear pelts and stuff but most of the male outfits from the outfitter shop look bad and/or gimmicky on him, even though I still have the newbie 7-day unlimited outfit pass to try all of them out. I know fusion runes exist but they only change one item's appearance so they seem useless while you're still leveling and changing your gear every few levels.
  • For the gathering dungeon event, Shayla sells a bunch of cosmetic-looking "cloth armor" pieces. Are these basically only for using with fusion runes?
  • How much should I care about sidequests while leveling? I've mostly been using the auto "story progression" button on the depart screen and not replaying battle quests if the main story doesn't take me back to them, so I have dozens and dozens of uncompleted sidequests asking me to rerun dungeons from 50+ levels ago.
  • Is there any way to see what the level cap is for my skills, or the total AP cost to max them out?

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 21, 2021

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I started playing recently because of a friend and I have some questions.
  • Is there any way to use normal armor in outfit slots? Karok has some cool armor like bear pelts and stuff but most of the male outfits from the outfitter shop look bad and/or gimmicky on him, even though I still have the newbie 7-day unlimited outfit pass to try all of them out. I know fusion runes exist but they only change one item's appearance so they seem useless while you're still leveling and changing your gear every few levels.
  • For the gathering dungeon event, Shayla sells a bunch of cosmetic-looking "cloth armor" pieces. Are these basically only for using with fusion runes?
  • How much should I care about sidequests while leveling? I've mostly been using the auto "story progression" button on the depart screen and not replaying battle quests if the main story doesn't take me back to them, so I have dozens and dozens of uncompleted sidequests asking me to rerun dungeons from 50+ levels ago.
  • Is there any way to see what the level cap is for my skills, or the total AP cost to max them out?
1. Short answer is no, normal gear can't go into outfit slots. Longer answer: The devs are hinting towards making this possible. We just got something called the brandish, which is a generic weapon to which you can fuse a real weapon's appearance and then place in an outfit slot. The technology is there, the actual mechanic is not.
2. Some of what Shayla sells goes into outfit slots and some are normal equipment. You can tell the difference by looking at the item description and noting the very first line under the item's name. That line tells you what type of equipment it is and what slot it's for. If it's an outfit item, it'll say "(outfit)" after that. Anything marked as being "cloth" is technically armor and can be fused. Outfit items won't have a material since the material system is for armor and craftables and outfit items are neither.
3. If you're talking about anything valuable from sidequests: No, they're not important. The devs have tried their best to make sure that the rewards that really matter come from the main storyline. The only other reason to do sidequests is for experience. It's possible you'll come up short as you approach major milestones like the transitions between seasons or the point in Season 3 when you need to start raiding. You can save sidequests and do them as you need them and ignore them otherwise.
4. Not in-game. There are places to find that information outside the game, like Vindictus Wiki. It's not yet up to date. If you're unsatisfied with that, ask around for better resources and report back if you find something good I can put in the OP.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiMtCJw_RVc

Maintenance happened and we have a new raid. We also have new events.

Update 2.79 Notes

quote:

Table of Contents
1. Season 4 Episode 3 Extra Episode: Wicked New Era
2. Friendship System
3. Character Balance Adjustments
4. Event Notification System Improvements
5. Convenience Improvements (Story Cutscene Skip Feature and NPC Dialogue Button Shortcut Key Feature)
6. Power Infusion Probability and Method Revamp
7. Other Changes
1. The big deal is a new raid with a fiery minotaur named Tarathan. He's huge and does a lot of fire-related attacks. He also drops two new enchant scrolls. One is for accessories and the other is for chest armor. Here's the official writeup of how the raid goes.

2. The friendship system has been updated with more Tessa content. Meanwhile, a few characters are still missing their promised friendship skills :colbert:

3. It turns out people have noticed that older characters need more AP to max out their skills, so the devs reduced costs for everybody from Lann to Vella and refunded the difference. Intelligence Mastery has also been removed from all characters who don't use M.ATT and that AP has been refunded as well. Some other changes have been made, but they're more like bugfixes. A big one is that they tried to fix a bug wherein you could be knocked out of your ult if you got hit even though that's not supposed to be possible. They say it's a connection issue and tried to patch it. We'll see.

Finally, character-specific changes:
  • Lann's attacks do more damage
  • Fiona can no longer Guard continuously, which is bad, but they compensated a little bit by making the Perfect Guard window a little larger and more forgiving. Also, Fiona now has a real dodge skill and a bunch of her attacks are more damaging. Except for Counter and Amaranth Kick, which got measly increases of 5%. What an insult.
  • Evie's Mana Shields are substantially worse. They absorb less damage and take forever to regenerate. The reasoning is that Evie's cloth gear was poo poo compared to real armor but now everybody wears the same thing so it doesn't matter. But then they mock us by making Mana Amber worse. As for attacks: Staff Evie damage boosted across the board. Scythe Evie gets almost nothing, but retains one of the best dodges in the game anyway so :shrug:
  • Cestus Karok's a lot better now. His smashes got a meaty 25% boost to damage. His normal attacks and some actives got a smaller nominal boost but his actives now benefit from Smash Mastery.
  • Kai's Headshot got its damage nerfed because it's hard to use. Other attacks got buffed to compensate.
  • Sword Vella can chain Typhoon Slash off of more smashes. All of her attacks have better range. A lot of her moves got damage buffs. Cross Cut and Typhoon Slash are exceptions; they got a 5% reduction in damage, which is minor. And speaking of Cross Cut: They fixed a bunch of situations so you can actually, you know, use it. There's a big list of enemy attacks that you couldn't cross cut before but can now. Chain Vella, meanwhile, got screwed: A nerf to consecutive Hailstorm damage, which is the move that actually lets Chain Vella do real damage. gently caress that poo poo.
  • Greatsword Hurk got Inpenetrable nerfed a bit. Teide Hurk got buffed a bit.
  • Glaive Lynn's better. She gets SP from normal hits now, which is great. Also, the usual damage buffs. Umbrellynn doesn't get a substantial boost to damage, but she'll start battles with five stacks of Qi.
  • Spellsword Arisha starts with a little more MP and earns more MP from normal hits, but Flurry costs more MP so it's possibly a wash. According to the devs, they want to rebalance her so she's not so weak without MP and not so strong when she's got it. Whip Arisha's a bit more damaging.
  • Sylas: A bunch of his moves chain together more smoothly
  • Delia: "Changed so that only Eclipse's first attack recovers SP from a successful block." That's it.
  • Miri's Ancestral Garb initial animation got tweaked so she spends a little less time going Full Trogdor. You can also now use her ult when not transformed and it costs 250 SP. On top of that, the devs buffed Paladin/DK form so they give a boost to Flamebreath generation. The game previously privileged Miri using dragon trans over not-dragon trans and the devs said that sucks because you know, what's the point of having paladin/DK trans for her? Now she gets something out of it, though I'm not sure it's a meaningful reason to choose it over dragon form. Finally, Blazing Spine (the move where Miri shoots a flame and recovers Flamebreath when it hits) has less of a wind-up and better range. Now it's a lot safer to use.
  • Grimden's got a slightly better dodge
  • Eira's a little better. No straight damage boosts, but it's easier to chain into active skills after dodging. Also, there's a new incentive to portal using Chaos Warp instead of Tabbing: A temporary buff to attack speed that lasts for ten seconds.
  • Lethor's initial counter move, Tiger Strike, got its damage nerfed. However, a couple of her other smashes got slight damage boosts.
  • Kael got a slight nerf to the damage of a few of his attacks
  • The damage for most of Tessa's smashes got nerfed a bunch
  • Belle's slightly more damaging and the damage negation window for her Tab parry is slightly more generous

4. There's a new Event Notification window that tells you what events are going on and shows you your progress. You now have a way to see how to earn things like event boxes and how many you've earned today/this week. It'll even tell you if an event's limit is account-wide or not. You can even tag individual events so they appear at the top of the window, or hide events you don't care about. This is a fine addition, I say.

5. You can now talk to NPCs using the keyboard. For some reason. "Skip Paragraph" should also work now, so you can blow through dialogue more quickly than before. Finally, more cutscenes are skippable.

6. When performing Power Infusion on an accessory, you can get bonuses on any stat. Also, in general, when performing Power Infusion you're more likely to get bonuses to good stats like SPD, STR and INT and less likely to get bonuses to AGL and WIL. CRIT and BAL are the same, though, which sucks because those are the good bonuses.

7. DirectX 11 support is in the game. It's officially in beta so they're presumably disavowing responsibility for bugs even more than usual.

Cesar, Nyle, and Red Moon battles cost less Fatigue, at 16% base. This is very welcome for Red Moon especially because the cost of running it twice per day was punishing if you're poor, which a lot of players who can't afford 100% VVIP coverage are.

There is a pet summon limit in battles. You can summon a pet three times. This was done because people with the fancy wolf pets that boost CRIT for 30 seconds would switch between them to maintain a permanent CRIT buff, which is stupid.

For periodically-refreshing goodies you can buy in seal shops, the game will now tell you before you buy it and not after. So far this does not seem to apply to the AP shop.

An attendance event, for crystals and outfits

quote:

Crystal Check-In Event

Event Period: 08/10 - 08/31 (3 weeks)

Event Details

After staying logged in for 30 minutes, you can claim rewards via the check-in UI.
You are gifted with a Splashing Crystal item every day.
1 Splashing Crystal given on the weekdays and a total of 2 on the weekends.
Opening the event's Splashing Crystal won't give a coupon.
The Splashing Crystal can be opened by characters starting from Lv. 30.
Log in and stay logged in to get a crystal. You get one on weekdays and two on weekends, for a total of nine crystals per week. Opening the crystal gives a wide variety of goodies, some of which cannot be traded via shared storage. The most coveted pickups are premium outfits. There's also (V)VIP, runes, AP caps, and Appearance Alteration Coupons.

Another attendance event, for steels

quote:

LV100 Damascus Steel Support

Event Period: 08/10 - 08/24 (2 weeks)
Event Details

Character-Based Event (Lv. 90+)
Claim 1 Damascus Steel to use on Lv. 100 or below items for every 15 minutes logged in each day.
Earn up to 6 per a day/84 in total over the event period.
Notes: These Lv. 100 Damascus Steels expire on 12/07/2021 at 7AM UTC.
Log in and stay logged in to get Damascus Steel, up to six per day. They only work on level 100 gear, though. That's probably fine for most people.

Supplies, Motherfucker!

quote:

Royal Army Recruit's Supplies Event

Event Period: 08/10 - 09/14 (5 weeks)
Exchange Shop Period: 08/10 - 09/21 (6 weeks)

Event Details

Per-character event (Lv. 95+)
Upon clearing The Missing Soul (Dullahan) - Remembrance (Aodhan) raids, you will receive the Veteran's Supply Box.
Veteran's Supply Box Item Information
Can obtain up to 20 a week.
Upon using the box item, you will obtain 1 Recruit's Support Coupon and all of its contents.
Box and coupon expire on 09/21/2021 at 7AM UTC.
Run raids from Dullahan to Aodhan to receive a Veteran's Supply box (20 per character per week). This box contains a Recruit's Support coupon, a 100 AP capsule, a fatigue potion, and a few godly mats. Running raids from Caesar to Tarathan gives a Royal Army Supply Box (20 per character per week). This also contains a coupon, a 100 AP capsule, and a party merc potion. You'll also get a couple of a randomly-chosen New Era mat. Coupons can be exchanged for +13 guarantee runes for milletian armor (1 per account), grade I shards, Damascus Steel, 300 AP capsules, and various junk items.

Stone of Growth, for those who aren't quite ready for endgame

quote:

Stone of Growth for Level-Up Event

Event Period: 08/10 - 09/14 (5 weeks)
Exchange Shop 08/10 - 09/21 (6 Weeks)

Event Details

* Character-Based Event (Lv. 65+)

When you complete the following battles during the event period, you will get a Stone of Growth.
Can obtain up to 30 per week.
Obtained count resets every Tuesday at 7AM UTC.
Can obtain up to 150 during the event period.
Run battles that are level 65 or higher but less than 100 (this includes Red Moon). That gets you a Stone of Growth (30 per character per week). You can exchange Stones for some real good stuff. The big one is a capsule that gives you 10 million exp if you're level 104 or less. You can also get 7 day VIP capsules, Intermediate Element Stones, and ampoule extractors. Then there's the usual gang of consumables.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Aug 24, 2021

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxnMAhNOd6A

Maintenance happened and we have a new event. No, really, it's new. Never been seen before and hopefully will never be seen again.

Red Souls: Prepare to Dye Edition

quote:

Red Moon's Dyewood Event

Event Period: 08/24 - 09/14 (3 weeks)
Event Details

Earn a Dyewood's Dye Pouch and Superior HP Potion if you defeat the Dyewood that has a 90% chance of appearing in the Red Moon's Energy region battle.
You can obtain up to Dyewood's Dye Pouch x15 in a week. (Max 45 over the course of the event.)
Dyewood's Dye Pouch expires on 9/14/2021 at 7AM UTC.
Run Red Ship Graveyard or Ainle at Stake to find a creature called the Dyewood, which drops a pouch. Open the pouch to get a Dyewood Dye and one random New Era material. Use Dyewood Dyes to craft event ampoules via Cooking Expertise. One ampoule requires anywhere from 7 to 12 dyes and 200k to 500k gold to make, depending on quality. There's also a spillover prize, party merc recovery potions, which require only one dye and no gold.

I have several complaints about the event but the fact that the dyes cost money to craft is what pisses me off most. It's a ridiculous amount of gold. Sure, it's competitive with prices on the marketplace but this is supposed to be a reward for participating in an event. And speaking of the marketplace, you can't sell the dyes or the ampoules or even the New Era mats. Finally, as an added "gently caress you," some of the ampoule boxes expire at the end of September. Not only do you have to pay through the nose for your "rewards" but if you fail to use the dyes you get to watch that money literally rot away in your inventory. Cool, great. Who is this event designed to help? Poor players need to conserve their money for gear upgrades. Rich players can just buy dyes whenever. Bored players don't do anything they weren't doing before. It's just... I don't get it.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 24, 2021

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I heard something through the grapevine that is the official discord: The level 110 update may be here by mid-September and the next tier of freebie gear will be added along with it. If you're thinking of coming back soon, consider not doing that for a couple of weeks in case they run some returning player events. Or do come back, but don't craft anything. Just focus on earning money, bravery seals, and titles.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Aug 31, 2021

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

quote:

Sword Vella can chain Typhoon Slash off of more smashes. All of her attacks have better range. A lot of her moves got damage buffs. Cross Cut and Typhoon Slash are exceptions; they got a 5% reduction in damage, which is minor. And speaking of Cross Cut: They fixed a bunch of situations so you can actually, you know, use it. There's a big list of enemy attacks that you couldn't cross cut before but can now.

are they specifically trying to make me come back? lmfao

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Bakalakadaka posted:

are they specifically trying to make me come back? lmfao
You, plural, should consider coming back now after all; a new iteration of the Gremlin Race is upon us starting today. Log in for an hour for 98 days in a row (minus a few because you get some Second Chance tickets at the start of the event) to rack up lots of rewards. Goodies include a variety of useful runes, permanent hair and inner armor coupons, a permanent storage chest coupon, lots of grade 2 mysterious/abyssal shards, a wings box, a Fine/Superior Pet Destiny Box, a Bean Bag object, and a cumulative 29 days of VVIP. The ultimate reward is a box that contains old gacha outfits. They have a couple of reruns in there like the bunny outfit and the desperado outfit, but they also have Dark Wizard/Sorceress/Witch sets. Pretty cool.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

That's an awful lot of days I could be afking in FFXIV instead!

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Bakalakadaka posted:

That's an awful lot of days I could be afking in FFXIV instead!

:same:

I'm just waiting for EW in 3 months since I don't want to be burned out.

I do pop into Vin for major events though since I can't quit.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

OK so I foolishly decided to give the game another shot and after making an Eira and breezing through the story through most of S3 (just past where you unlock neamhain) the "new player" experience is pretty dang good right now with all the free stuff you get while leveling. And there's 18 characters so honestly a lot of content even if you don't want to get involved in the endgame raid and gacha grind.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I have great news: the official Discord didn't lie to me. Level 110 is upon us today.

The 2.80 update

quote:

Ver. 2.80 Update Note

Table of Contents

1. Season 4 Episode 4: Your Evil is My Justice
2. Level Cap Expansion
3. Convenience Improvements
4. Battle Changes and Bonus Core Condition per Quick Battle Damage Contribution
5. Other Changes
1. The first order of business is the new level 105 raid, Romel. He drops the new Ardri's Essences and Legacy Shards for 110 gear, as well as a shield/totem essence. He also drops Jardin Steel, which is needed to reforge 110 gear.

2. The level cap has been raised. They've also tampered with a bunch of stats to ruin things for people:

- The DEF cap has also been adjusted to 33k. I keep forgetting there's a DEF cap because I will never reach it.

- They changed BAL again; the devs claim they're trying to fix a problem with BAL being hard to get, especially on upgrades, but I don't see how the changes mentioned here actually do that. My Tessa's going to lose 9 BAL by moving from a +12 dullahan rapier to a +13 astera rapier with identical enchants and fully improved components. Oh, and they're giving enemies BAL resist, too. It starts with Nyle at 1 resist and goes up to 7 with Romel. They say that Milletian and Ardri equipment sets will give BAL as a bonus, but that's not helpful if you're only using astera.

- There are going to be caps on Additional Damage and ATT Surplus, but I don't fully understand how it works based on the write-up. They say it only applies to the new Ardri gear and that Astera and Milletian aren't capped? Maybe it's a way to keep whales from egregiously out-DPSing everybody else in raids for a while.

- The Partholon Vanguard has been adjusted. The minimum level to use a character with it is now 105. The devs say they're making sure no players lose the buffs they have when the level cap gets raised (you may recall the incident when the player level cap was first raised to 105 and nobody could use the Partholon Vanguard because nobody had a 105 character). But, you know, this change means it's harder to get characters to the point where they can be used in Vanguard. If you had characters at 100 but below 105, you lose their benefits.
All of that talk misses the good change with Partholon: The relic boxes give better rewards. Crappy "Average" element stone mats are out. New Era mats are in. You can also get Legendary Ores and rank 6 enchants from Rare Relic Boxes. Holy crap. Not bad for a game feature that costs no cash or gold to use.

- The max enhance reduction is in. +15 is the best you can hope for now, and that means the cap is available to anyone given enough determination. If you own anything that's higher than that it won't be touched, but there will never be 110 gear better than +15.

- Mat drop stats have changed. From now on, milletian mats will drop with midrange stats and astera mats will drop with max stats. That will make both cheaper to upgrade via material synthesis. Reforging astera and milletian will also require less Damascus Steel from now on.

- Level 100 accessories (elch, macha, lugh, selren) are now easier to enhance. They got the same boost that pre-astera S3 accessories got, so enhancing to +18 can never fail. Which is good. Still expensive, though.

- The Warm Welcome shop has been overhauled again. Secret Boxes (the ones that cost gold) are gone. Now we have Super Duper Secret Boxes, which cost the same amount of gold. You can also turn the old Shining Tickets into the new Sparkling Tickets at a ratio of two to one via quick crafting. If you're worried about box titles, the great news is that the titles from shining boxes will still be in the new sparkling boxes, along with five new titles.

- The Seal Shop has been updated. You can now buy Jardin Steel with bravery or triumph seals or with monthly mission tickets. You can buy +13 runes for level 100 armor, too, in addition to the rune for weapons.

- The last batch of RAR battles (Thor, Titan, Lavasat) has been retired. Now we have Enzo, Juggernaut, and not-brilliant Lugh. The minimum level for RAR has been increased from 30 to 60. I was going to mock the devs for thinking it's a good idea to make new players wait even longer to start playing with other people, but they note that it's easy as hell to get to level 60 and it's not like someone who's level 30 isn't going to just get splattered immediately after the battle starts and where's the fun in that? So I'll let the devs have this one. Rewards for 12-man raids have been improved. Lv. 60 bottles don't give Exquisite mats anymore. Frankly, it was a weird reward. Worse than Godly. But New Era mats have taken their place. Also, there's a Lv. 110 bottle that gives grade 3 mysterious shards. Nice. You're also slightly more likely to get a Lv. 100 bottle, which is what gives grade 2 shards.

- Rewards for Redeemer boxes have been changed. You can get grade 2 shards from neam, balor, and brigid now. You can't get grade 1 shards from laura now but you can get grade 2 and grade 3 shards. Not bad.

- The old [S] dungeons have been moved out of rotation and we have two new ones: [S] Garden of Tears and [S] Temple of the Fallen Moon. To make things lovely, the level requirement for [S] raids has been increased to 105 and you need 160 Counterforce to join through QB. That's also how much CF you need to join the new raid. [S] dungeons give Jardin Steel now, and the special enchant pouch had a couple more scrolls added to the drop pool. You're also somewhat less likely to get a crappy leather bracelet from the masterpiece bracelet box.

- Level 95 raids got de-raided. They're now normal battles so they don't drop Bravery Seals, The Dead or Subdued scrolls, or Damascus Steels. Claire, Elch, and Macha also lost The Dead and Subdued, though Agares and up still drop those. Elemental mat bundles have also been removed from 95 battles and are now dropped by Astera bosses.

- Red Moon has been altered. The level requirement is now 105. New Era Remnants (which aren't worth much) drop less often. New Era Stones, Leather, and Cloth should drop more. You can also get more orbs from luminary trees. Unfortunately, they nerfed ore piles in Red Moon by adding garbage drops like copper ore. Nobody needs copper ore. Where I come from, if you need copper you break into a remote building and rip the wiring out of the walls.

- They've added new pet effects. That is, you can toggle on more bonus effects through Pet Encyclopedia->Pet Effect. You can now have four effects on instead of two, and they have new bonuses. For the third bonus you can get a boost to SP gain, or a chance to buff the stat of your choice for 60 seconds. The fourth bonus can be an instant shield that has a 20% chance to absorb damage (useful when you're running armorless in S2 or S3 battles), or a 20% chance to regenerate 1000 HP when you get knocked down. Finally, Reality Distortion, and I don't know why you'd use that. It's not easy to use. Yes, invincibility on demand is good but it's only for two seconds.

- Equipment changes: The freebie gear quests are gone and now you just get equipment boxes when you hit 90, 95, and 100. Yes, that means you can get a full set of +12 Astera gear just by leveling up. What's really great is the level 100 box also comes with a set of +15/+16 Astera accessories and a Book of Legacy. As someone who's run hundreds of Astera raids and gotten exactly one accessory essence, it's pretty nice of them to just hand me what I need to play their stupid game. And, as a consolation prize, if you don't want the equipment from any of the level-up reward boxes you can get a bunch of merc pots and blessing stones instead.

- There is a new Abyssal Arena, called Abyssal Arena II. It's level 100+, gives Grade 2 and Grade 3 Abyssal Shards, and there are three titles to be obtained by grinding.

- They changed the level requirement for a bunch of raids. You only need to be level 95 to run Claire, Elch, or Macha. All S4 raids are 105. As noted earlier, Red Moon is also 105.

3. Lots of interface improvements and QoL changes. One nice change is that you can see the marketplace from any expertise site and you can buy components that you need but don't have. You can also search expertise recipes by name and level.

The inventory interface has a bunch of new quality-of-life features. If you right-click just about anything that's not a potion, a few windows will pop up saying "oh do you want to see everything you can do to this? Maybe you'd like to Enhance it before you equip it? Wanna see what happens if you slap an Enchant you can't afford on it?" It's the menus that pop up when you right-click on an equipment component or shard, but bigger and generalized to all equipment. Which is fine if that's what you want but not if you just wanted to equip the new level 100 gear. It's not as bad as I'm making it sound because this new feature is powerful. You can search to see what enchants you can put on a given piece of equipment (and buy them off of the Marketplace), see what materials you need to enhance or reforge, perform material synthesis, or even do Power Infusion. And it's all from one menu that can be accessed from anywhere in any town. No more loving off all the way to Malina just to get a STR+3 on your new weapon.

Another inventory improvement: They added a way to see outfit items only when looking in your NX tab. I would have liked to see an even better sorting system—tabs within the tab, at the very least—but being able to look at cosmetic stuff without going to the wardrobe is nice.

4. Battle changes are mostly bugfixes. One important non-bugfix change is a tweak to Damage Contribution. From now on, you only need to do 5% damage to get cores from level 100 and 105 raids.

5. Other changes starts with more battle bugfixes. :shrug: They're also officially announcing here that Average Element Stones, the ones that work on 60-80 gear, are no longer craftable. They've also added a new color-blind mode. Right now it's only for people with red-green colorblindness but they want to add more functionality in the future.

Of special note is another beta feature: The ability to remove the 60 FPS limit. They warn that this will almost certainly cause screen tearing, which can be fixed by enabling vsync. Which, if you're using an older monitor, will lock your framerate to the monitor's refresh rate of... 60 FPS. But if you have one of those 144 Hz monitors, it's an improvement!

Wow, that was a lot. And we're not even done. There are events.

Romel is here

quote:

Episode 4: Your Evil is My Justice

The alliance has uncovered the cruel truth behind what is happening in the kingdom.
Though you wish you could open the people's eyes to the truth in a peaceful manner, they are far too taken by the dark machinations of your enemies for you to succeed.

You have now choice but to raise your sword against Taratha City—to forcibly uphold justice by overthrowing the kingdom.

The enemy you must now face at the capital is Romel, the former captain of the royal guards.
He is a legendary knight whose belief in the true king and the goddess who acknowledged him is without compare.

It is not a mindless, evil fool who awaits you now, but a man of great virtue and even greater strength.
Romel's a Big Boss lookalike who's here to kick our asses. He's fueled by righteousness, which is bad. He's also fueled by extremely evil magical juju, which is probably worse. He has a sword and gauntlets blessed by Macha, and the idea is that as the raid progresses he uses their power more fully and he becomes increasingly unpredictable. This might be the worst part, on account of how irritating unpredictable bosses are.

As is usual, there's a mini-event associated with the new raid wherein everybody gets one additional departure per day.

There are two events related to raising the level cap.
To The Max

quote:

To The Max! Event

Event Period: 09/14 - 10/12 (4 weeks)
Pick one character to get a box. The box can be opened at 106 and contains Jardin or Damascus Steel (your choice) and another box. That box can be opened at 107 and contains Steel and a box, and so on. The 109 box, in addition to the steel, also has a Mysterious grade 2 shard. The 110 box has an Abyssal grade 2 shard, three intermediate element stones, and a new title.

Hot Time again

quote:

Let's Go! Level-Up! Hot Time Event

50% more completion exp for level 70+ characters. Not bad.

And the rest:

Three Cheers for the Hero

quote:

Three Cheers for the Hero!

Characters 70 or higher can take a trio of quests from the Strange Traveler to do things:
  • Run RAR and either Abyssal Arena twice each, then go back to the Traveler to get a box containing Grade 2 shards
  • Complete two Redeemer raids to get a box containing a new title, 30 bravery seals, and a bunch of okayish consumables
  • Win 10 Astera raids to get a box containing 20 bravery seals, steel, and departure licenses

Swords Not Words

quote:

No Words; Only Raids

Exchange Shop Period: 09/14 - 10/19 (5 weeks)
Run normal raids from Claire to Romel to get coupons, up to 40 per week. Exchange coupons for goodies. The goodies are quite spicy this time. Damascus Steel and Grade 2 shards are the beginning. There's also a r6 armor enchant destiny box (42 coupons, one box per account), 105 shard destiny boxes (10 coupons, four per account), and a clone outfit crafting box (45 coupons, one per account). Then the usual fatigue and merc potions. But drat, most of a milletian weapon right there. Not bad.

As if raids weren't enough

quote:

Daily Missions Event

Event Period: 09/14 - 10/05 (3 weeks)
Exchange Shop 09/14 - 10/12 (4 Weeks)
Do all of your daily missions to get three coupons, for a maximum of 63 over the course of the event. Exchange coupons to get rewards, none of which are exciting. You can get 7-day VIP (Not VVIP), or a Boon Box containing a 30-minute buff scroll of your choice. CRIT+2 and BAL+2 are good. There are superior guild campfire kits. That's nice since you save money. Everything else is boring.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Sep 18, 2021

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Maintenance happened and we have a new bingo event.

It's the Name-O the game

quote:

Was Its Name-O

Bingo Coupon Drop Period: 09/28 - 10/12 (2 weeks)
Bingo Board and Exchange Shop Period: 09/28 - 10/19 (3 weeks)

Event Details

* Per-character event (Lv. 60+)
* The bingo is for one-time, and you cannot complete it multiple times.

When you complete Royal Army battles, Special Dungeons, or the 2 Red Moon's Energy battles, you will get 1 Name-O Ticket.
Earn up to 5 Name-O Ticket items per day.
Name-O Ticket expires on 10/19/2021 at 7AM UTC.
Run RAR, [S] raids, or Red Moon to get Name-O Tickets, limit 5 per character per day. Use a ticket to buy a bag containing a random number with a 5-number range (1-5, 6-10, and so on). Or, use 3 tickets to buy a bag containing the number of your choice. As usual, there's a reward for every line you fill and a reward for filling a certain number of lines. The rewards for filling specific lines are good but not exciting. Seals, a couple of Damascus Steels and Intermediate Element Stones. Cumulative rewards are more interesting. Fill three lines to get a new title. Five lines gives you a box containing the Superior bracelet gem of your choice. 8 lines gives you an Unstable Enhancement Rune. A Blackout gets you an Unstable Enchant Rune.

It's not a terrible event. Takes a while to clear it all but getting three lines for the title shouldn't be too hard since RARs fill up quickly and Red Moon is a solo battle.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Sep 28, 2021

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

oh boy all curves succubus queen and trivene witch sets time 4 whaling

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyfnY62q0ME

It is update day.

We're at version 2.81 now

quote:

Ver. 2.81 Update Note

Table of Contents

1. 2 New Friendship Skills
2. Raid Passport System
3. Mood Content
4. Battle Balance Changes
5. Character Balance Changes
6. Other Changes
1. Fiona and Lann finally got their friendship skill. Sylas and Belle got their friendship skill. Nice if you've been grinding friendship for those characters.

2. The Raid Passport System "lets you extract departure counts from the hardest 5 raid battles and use them in the easiest 7 raid battles like Departure Licenses." This is account-limited but can be done every day. It allows a weaker character to turn useless departure counts for hard raids they can't run into extra runs for raids they can actually join.

3. The Mood Seal Shop now has items in it and not just emotes. One item lets you pass Mood Seals from one character on your account to another, at a ratio of two to one. The other item gives you a massive buff that lasts for 24 hours. It increases LUK by 5; balance, crit rate and crit resist by 3; and (M)ATT and DEF by 300. But it costs 35 Mood Seals, which is a lot.

4. All Season 3 raid bosses and Aodhan (who is technically a S4 prologue boss) have been nerfed. 15% less health and a lot of gimmicks have been made less irritating. Oh, and in Macha the cutscene that plays after the seals are destroyed is finally skippable.

Enchant scroll drop rates have been increased. S3 raids drop scrolls more often, as do the level 95 battles formerly known as raids, but they're raising the drop rates on accessory scrolls that you get by farming S2 battles. I don't want to do S2 battles, they're bad :smith:

5. Time for more stupid tweaks. Staff Evie's elemental spells do 4% less damage. Lots of Kai attacks got a 3% decrease to damage. Sword Vella's smashes do 3% less damage. These are tiny baby numbers and I would laugh if not for the fact that umbrella Lynn is not getting baby numbers at all: a few of her best moves got reductions of 7% to 10%. The dev team says that analysis of combat data showed that umbrella lynn does too much damage. Dev notes also say they're not done with the latest round of tweaks and that they stopped here because they ran out of time.

6. Mostly bugfixes. Nothing here is really interesting. Mostly ironing out problems with DirectX 11 support.

That's ridiculous. It's not even funny.

quote:

Eleven Years Old! Check-In Event

Event Period: 10/12 (Tue.) - 11/9 (Tue.) before maintenance
Event Details

* Per-account event (Lv. 1+)

Let's celebrate the 11th Anniversary of Vindictus! Stay logged-in for 11 minutes every day with a Lv. 1+ character to earn rewards.
* If you didn't receive the attendance rewards for that day, the item is delivered to the first character that you logged in with after 7 AM UTC every day.
* It's a cumulative check-in event for 21 days out of the 28 available days of check-ins.
Log in for eleven minutes 21 times in the next month to get rewards. Notable goodies include an 11th anniversary emblem (first day, i.e. today), Abyssal/Mysterious Grade 2 shards (days 7, 8, 17, and 18), an 11th anniversary balloon (day 11), and an outfit destiny box (day 21). The outfit box contains character-specific outfits.

As an added bonus, there's also Hot Time going on. For the next four weekends we get bonus exp, double AP, double expertise gain and speed, and additional departures.

This is the Vend

quote:

Autumn Vending Machine Event

Event Period: 10/12 - 11/09 (4 weeks)
Exchange Shop Period: 10/12 - 11/16 (5 weeks)
Event Details

* Character-Based Event (Lv. 30+)

20 Autumn Vending Machine Tokens are given each week.

* Autumn Vending Machine Token distribution is reset every Tuesday at 7AM UTC.
* Autumn Vending Machine Tokens are given to characters that are Lv. 1+.

Choose a mission list from the vending machine by using the given tokens, and earn rewards by completing them.
Autumn Vending Machine Coupons earned as mission rewards can be spent in the Exchange Shop.

* You can get up to 60 Autumn Vending Machine Coupons in a week.
The vending machine event is back. Use tokens to buy quests and then turn in the quests to get coupons. Exchange the coupons for prizes. Prizes include a clone outfit box (60 coupons, 1 per account), an Enchant Rune (60 coupons, 1 per account), a Rank 6 Armor Enchant Destiny Box (45 coupons, 1 per account), a max stat 105 armor succession shard box and Max Stat 105 armor essence box (30 coupons each, 1 of each per account), and a Rune Rune! box, which can give an unstable enchant or enhance rune it is not your choice I don't know why they did it this way (12 coupons, 3 per character).

It's not a bad event but I wish they'd add more variety to rewards. We just had an event with R6 armor scrolls. I don't need more armor scrolls. I can't afford more armor because I sank all my money into a milletian weapon that still needs one more R6 enchant. An enchant that this event could have provided :argh:

Bakalakadaka posted:

oh boy all curves succubus queen and trivene witch sets time 4 whaling
Reminder: Don't give money to Nexon until they remove Fatigue. Or unless you really need to resell something for gold.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Oct 12, 2021

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Im sure they’ll make a sequel and get rid of fatigue anyday now (as I wait for Capcom to release Dragons Dogma 2).

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
There was Mabinogi II: Arena (Vindictus is a Mabinogi spinoff) but that died pretty early into development

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-s7zn4hD24

kirbysuperstar posted:

There was Mabinogi II: Arena (Vindictus is a Mabinogi spinoff) but that died pretty early into development
If they made an open-world exploration game with Vindi-style combat called, say, Mabinogi Impact, I would at least give it a shot.

So anyway: There was maintenance this morning and now we have another event.

Carve up a heckin' smol pumper

quote:

Carve That Pumpkin! Event

Event Period: 10/26 - 11/09 (2 weeks)

Exchange Shop: 10/26 - 11/16 (3 weeks)

Event Details
* Per-character event for all levels
1) If you complete daily missions every day, you'll earn 5 Pumpkin Carving Tools.
2) Use the tools to carve your pumpkin and increase your pumpkin's stage.
3) Get rewards for each stage!

Rewards per Pumpkin Stage
* You cannot repeat pumpkin carving after reaching the last stage.
* You can use the Halloween Gift Coupon you received from the last stage to earn rewards from the Exchange Shop.
- You can sell leftover Pumpkin Carving Tools for 2 AP each.
It's a "feed the bitmap" event. Complete your daily temporal missions to get five carving tools. Use the tools to carve your pumpkin pet on the screen there and you get rewards. First five levels need five tools each and the last two levels need ten tools each. Why they don't divide every value by five is not clear. You need to do your dailies nine times to get all of the rewards and you have fourteen days in which to do it. Obnoxiously, the only interesting rewards are the last two. The level 6 reward is a Halloween emblem destiny box and the level 7 reward is a coupon. The coupon can be exchanged for a halloween hat destiny box (limit 3 per account), a toy weapon box (limit 1 per account), a Jardin Steel destiny box, or fatigue potions and ampoule extractors (lol).

This is... I don't know. I want the emblems. I like emblems. Lots of work to get all those emblems. Nothing else really appeals.

They still want people to join the Discord for some reason

quote:

STEEL Anniversary Discord Event: Memories of 11 Years of Vindictus

Event Period: 10/26 - 11/09 (2 weeks)

Vindictus is now 11 years old now!
And thank you all for still playing and enjoying the game.

Share your good memories about Vindictus through our official DISCORD channel.
If 50 or more memories are shared, a coupon containing below items shall be disclosed on DISCORD on November 16th maintenance!
Also 3 of the Best Memories shall be introduced on VINDICTUS Official Facebook!
If enough people post on the stupid discord then everybody gets free steel and a unique title. I got a bunch of pics on my imgur account; I can help out by posting about bear decapitation.

Good times.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Oct 27, 2021

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDX2eB3IdV8

Today's a big day. The 64-bit client is here and Danah's coming soon as well. Also: other things. Wow.

V2.82 patch notes

quote:

Ver. 2.82 Update Note

Table of Contents
1. 64-Bit Client (Beta)
2. Body Type Setting Improvements
3. Character Balance Changes
4. Battle and Loot Related Changes
5. New Emoticons
6. Mail and Marketplace
7. Miscellaneous Changes
1. It's the 64-bit client. They warn that it's still in beta, so it's even less stable than the normal client.

2. You can now perform finer tweaks on shoulder and waist size. I don't know if that's important. They seem to think it is, and they're having a little event where every character that's logged in within the past few months gets a free Premium Appearance Alteration Coupon in the mail.

3. Most of Hammer Fiona's attacks do 6-8% more damage. Same for Scythe Evie. Cestus Karok and Bow Kai got 5-6% damage decreases. Cross Gun Kai, Sword Vella, and Umbrella Lynn got 3-5% damage reduction to a few of their moves. It sucks for Sword Vella because the affected moves are Cross Cut, Double Cross, and Gale Cutter. You know, the good moves. Spellsword Arisha needs less MP to use Diffusion Warp, and Whip Arisha gets a 7% damage boost to her best attacks. Sylas gets a measly 3-5% boost to his moves, but it looks like most of his moves get that bonus. So that's nice.

4. Ortel Castle is now a Red Moon map. I'm not clear on how that's possible since the castle was razed in this timeline on account of us not being there to end Ingkell's rebellion quickly with a surgical strike.
Drop rate changes: The four former level 95 raids drop R7 scrolls more frequently. Level 100 raids drop R6 scrolls more frequently. The exceptions are Meaningful and Wish, which drop slightly less often. S4 raids drop milletian weapon shards more frequently, but drop armor shards less often. They also made Romel drop Ardri armor shards less often wow gently caress them. I knew I should have farmed Romel more diligently, or at all.

5. Added Grems. That is, ten emotes that are gremlin-themed.

6. Turns out some mail doesn't expire? They've changed it so most mail has an expiration date. Apparently people get mail but never delete it, so the information builds up and clogs the database.

Marketplace average price information now updates every hour instead of every twenty-four hours. That bit of info in tooltips might actually be worth paying attention to.

7. Back and Tail slots are now outfit slots, which means they're no longer normal equipment. This is good for weirdos who have outfits that include wings or tails because switching gear won't mess things up.

Monthly Temporal Missions will be tweaked. There's a mission for doing 100 battles of the day in a month, which nobody does because the drops are largely obsolete and former S3 raids never get to be battles of the day. Instead, it's being changed 40 red moon battles in a month. Which I suppose is fine if you enjoy suffering. They also note that temporal missions are generated randomly at the beginning of the relevant period, so there's no guarantee that this mission will show up next month.

Pets are better. Specifically, pets with Greedy Gem will pick up loot much more quickly than before.

Ainle At Stake has been tweaked so you can get through it more quickly. The Devil's Cook has also been tweaked so you can get through it more quickly but I don't know how often that's going to come up.

The Hero Pass is back

quote:

November Hero Pass Event

Sale Period: 11/9 (Tue.) after maintenance - 12/7 (Tue.) before maintenance

Event Period: 11/9 (Tue.) after maintenance - 12/7 (Tue.) before maintenance
Do stuff, get stuff. Pay NX to get more stuff, but as usual it's not really worth it. The best reward, available to prince and pauper both, is an outfit item: Lop rabbit ears.

The obligatory raid event

quote:

November Autumn Raid Event

Event Period: 11/09 - 12/07 (4 weeks)

Exchange Shop Period: 11/09 - 12/14 (5 weeks)
Run raids from Claire to Romel to get Autumn Raid Coupons. Max 30 per week, for a possible total of 120. Exchange the coupons for goodies. A +13 level 105 armor rune (25 coupons, 1 per account), a milletian weapon essence box (20 coupons, 1 per account), grade 2 mysterious and abyssal shards (17 coupons each, 2 of each per account), level 105 armor shard destiny box (15 coupons each, 2 per account), steel, intermediate element stones, and the usual junk. Not really clear why they're giving weapon essences and armor shards, but it's still not bad.

To accompany the raid event

quote:

Lucky Sprint Event

Event Period: 11/09 - 12/07 (4 weeks)

Event Details

*per-character event (Lv. 100+)

Once you clear raid Surprise Attack - Royal Castle Topaz Hall, you'll earn [Lucky Sprint] buff.

- Sprint boon has a total of 5 stages. 1 stack is added per each raid completion.

- Sprint boon is provided to all characters at Lv. 100-110.

- Sprint boon will reset every day during the event at 7AM UTC.
Run raids, gain a stacking buff that lasts for the rest of the day. Buff increases ATT, DEF, Crit Resist, and LUK. Of course, by the time you've got it to level five you'll be too tired to raid any more, so it's not that great to me.

Oh right, Danah. Teaser page is up. They're promising she'll be here in a month. Her backstory is not even close to what I expected. She's an angel but also serves hell? And she got kicked out of hell for being too nice? I wonder why we never encountered these guys when springing Milo from the Cromm Cruaich Penitentiary.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Nov 10, 2021

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Maintenance happened last night. Enough people posted about the past on the official Discord that the Steel event was a success. The code to get your prize is STEEL11VINDI.

In addition, there is a new event. It's for Thanksgiving.

quote:

A Stuffed Thanksgiving Event

Event Period: 11/16 - 12/07 (3 weeks)
Run level 30+ normal battles, obtain "Thanksgiving Feasts." Limit 20 per week, for a possible total of 60 feasts during the event. Turn them in to the Traveler in batches of 20 to get rewards. First reward is a destiny dye ampoule. This particular ampoule can be filled with red, brown, black, a few shades of pink, and a weird bluish-white. Another 20 feasts gets you an emblem. Last 20 feasts gets you a title. Seems like a shitload of work to me and I don't know if it's better or worse that the rewards aren't useful. The good news is that feasts drop per-boss, so you can cheese the event by spamming Interdimensional Invasion a few times. That's seven feasts per run times three runs per week for a total of twenty feasts.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GPIcmHeCmY

Maintenance happened last night and now we have a returning event.

I come not to bury fishing, but to praise it

quote:

Let's Fish! The Big One is Coming! Event

Rod Sale and Fishing Event Period: 11/23 - 12/07 (2 weeks)

Exchange Shop Period: 11/23 - 12/14 (3 weeks)
Bo-Neat-o fishing rods are back. Buy them in 50-packs and fish with them to get Bo-Neat-o fish. Combine five fish to get a box containing a Rare Gem coupon and a random goodie. Rare Gems can be exchanged for non-random goodies, including a new title. The other "good" rewards are Goib stones and Premium Soaps (both limit 2 per account). You can also buy, I dunno, fatigue potions?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Danny next week and we gettin' some drop rate buffs and a big redeemer crit buff

quote:

The difficulty of earning Redeemers progress stats, which haven't been applied in NA and Europe, will be improved.

Adjustments have been made to the previous progress stats that were earned by progress so that players can gain CRIT RTE +4 upon reaching 5% progress in each Redeemers battle.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Bakalakadaka posted:

Danny next week and we gettin' some drop rate buffs and a big redeemer crit buff
Turns out this is a pretty big change dogg, why didn't you link to it

quote:

Notice for VINDICTUS Service Operation Improvements

Hello, Vindictus players.

Improvements to gameplay in NA and Europe are scheduled to be applied along with the new hero, Dan-Ah, on 12/07.

Up until now, due to people across multiple countries having to play in NA and Europe, there was no common peak time for players across both regions.

Through various channels including the Discord community, we have confirmed instances of players experiencing inconveniences due to time zone differences as there was a lack of an environment that allowed for player pools to gather when trying to play raid Quick Battles, party matching, Royal Army, etc.

The Vindictus Team is determined to make up for the play time differences due to time zones that have been an issue through patches like the ones below.

1. Buffs to Raid Main Items Drop Rates

Considering the issues due to time zones and other aspects of NA and Europe party play being large obstacles as mentioned above,

we plan to supplement item farming and character growth by adjusting item drop rates.

The items listed below will have their drop rates increased for raids.

*Target Items: Essence, Enchant Scroll, Eternal Legacy, Ancient Succession, Legendary Chunk, Legendary Ore, Legacy Shard, and Succession Shard

2. Improvements to Quick Battle

It has been difficult to create full parties for Quick Battle due to time zone differences and players being from different countries.

In order to supplement this fact, parties of 3 will be able to earn extra cores in Quick Battle based on the damage dealt to the boss.

Also the raid monster's HP will be lower when departing as parties of 3 or 4 in Quick Battle.
And, of course, the Redeemers crit thing.

Wow, complaining works. Nice to know the devs actually care what us dirty stupid Americans and Europeans think.

In lesser news: The only Dan-Ah event mentioned so far is another outfit giveaway. Log in sometime before January 11th to get an outfit destiny box and a title. It's got those silly mini-wedding dresses again but also the "Refined Eastern Set." So that's nice.

And speaking of refined eastern sets: Who do you think wears it better?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qWBHTlHqp0

Dan-Ah is here. It's not pronounced like the name Danah. It's "Dan" and then "ah." Not that it matters much.

So we're up to version 2.83

quote:

Ver. 2.83 Update Note

Table of Contents
1. New Female Character Dan-Ah
2. New Comrade: Regina
3. Tessa Friendship Update
4. Adjustments to Rewards Earned Based on Abyssal Arena/Redeemers Damage Contribution Penalty, as Well as Redeemers Progress
5. Miscellaneous Changes
1. Obviously, we've got a new character. It turns out she is not a heavenly warrior in the angelic sense, but a human warrior who ascended to Heaven and then was sent back down to the underworld to guard the entrance. Then she completely blew it by being nice to someone after she vaguely recalled a time when she was mortal and not a jerk. Her punishment was to burn in Hell for a while and then get perma'd from the underworld. Now she putters around on the mortal plane but is not herself mortal. Sounds rather Belle-esque. Her full backstory as shown during character creation is remarkably long and I'm not going to recap the rest here. Just know there's a scene where she gets a ghost buddy named Chestnut.

Dan-Ah's weapon is a big katana that we are expected to call the Soulblade, and it's crafted by Goldsmiths. She has two unique equipment sets, the Phoenix Soul set (Tailoring) and the Grand Soul set (Armorsmithing). She also has a unique tattoo for her face mole. Of all the things to make canon about a character...
They've also done the usual rigmarole for any new character. She can be used in Partholon Vanguard. She shows up in the mercenary lounge, thought you can only get her to Close Ally for now. Her favorite gifts are Small Dolls and Energy Elixir and her friendship skill is going to be with fellow soul-wrangler Lethor.

2. You can now spend money and obtain a Regina comrade. I don't recommend giving Nexon money.

3. More Tessa friendship. That would be great if I had a Kai but I don't.

4. Redeemers wins gives crit rate earlier than before, at 1% completion and 5% completion. This is not an overall increase but a shifting around of bonuses. Most of the crit rate bonuses you used to get at 50%, 75%, and 100% completion are now front-loaded. This is mostly beneficial for people who can run Brigid or Laura but haven't gotten many wins yet. They get the crit rate they need faster, but they won't see a retroactive surge of CRIT RTE from having had four wins in Neam or Balor.

Worse news: there's now a damage contribution requirement of 2% on Redeemer raids, which sucks. If you have Rookie Redeemers it doesn't apply, but once that runs out you're in trouble if you're trying to play catch-up with people who spam Redeemers every week and are much stronger than you as a result. The only good thing about the implementation is that not meeting the 2% threshold counts as a loss so you keep the departure and can try again. I'm also not clear on how this affects drops in battles that don't have Rookie Redeemer, like Laura.

5. The miscellaneous changes are mostly cosmetic bugfixes.

The real Dark Soulblade starts here

quote:

[Intro] 19th New Hero: Dan-Ah
This is Dan-Ah's backstory again. It also says that she can throw souls around and teleport to them, a bit like Arisha teleporting to Mana Crystals; or use the souls stored in her sword to launch whirlwinds at enemies. One of her attacks involves jumping into the air and doing a plunging attack.

The obligatory leveling event

quote:

Dan-Ah Level Up Go! Event

Event Period: 12/07 (Tue.) after maintenance - 01/11 (Tue.) before maintenance
Any character under level 30 as of right after maintenance (this includes Dan-Ahs who get rolled before the end of the event) can participate in this event. You get a Level Up Go Box and it contains more boxes. Each box is full of AP capsules, fatigue pot, merc pots, and graces. There's also a Storage Chest Expansion Ticket (Permanent) at level 30, Permanent Hair and Inner Armor Coupons at 50, a +13 enhancement rune for Milletian armor at level 105, and Jardin Steel at 110. Dan-Ahs also get free +10 armor sets at 50 and 60 and a unique title at 110.

The other obligatory leveling event

quote:

Dan-Ah to the Max! Level-Up Event

Event Period: 12/07 - 01/11
Roll a Dan-Ah, talk to the Traveler to get a box that can be opened at level 110. It contains a unique title. According to the event page, a Dan-Ah is needed to obtain or open the box but weirdly enough, the box is account-shareable. I don't know why you'd move it around. Maybe if you messed up character creation and choose to delete and remake? :shrug:

The third obligatory leveling event

quote:

Winter Peak Season Hot Time Event

Event Period: 12/07 - 02/15
It's Hot Time again. 50% more exp and double AP and expertise speed on weekdays. On weekends, an additional departure on top of that.

The Gathering Dungeon is open again

quote:

Welcome, Dan-Ah! Gathering Dungeon Event

Event Period: 12/07 - 01/11
It's the same event as before. I'm not even sure they added new cosmetics to the shop since the last time this event happened. But, you know, if you want to powerlevel your Dan-Ah's Gathering skill and get a kitty hat at the same time, there it is.

A Time for Gold, A Time for Cold

quote:

2021 Freezing Cold! Winter Golden Time Event

Event Period: 12/07 - 02/15

Exchange Shop Period: 12/07 - 02/22
We had this before when Tessa came out and the rules are similar: engage in all sorts of activities to get coupons. Earn up to 150 coupons per account per week, then exchange the coupons for goodies. Each goodie box contains the goodie you bought along with a bonus coin. Two bonus coins will buy you an additional goodie. Coupons can get you Milletian and Ardri armor crafting mats, Steel, runes, Grade II Mysterious/Abyssal Shards, Storage Chest Expansion Tickets (Permanent), a pet destiny box, Goib stones, and AP capsules. Coins can get you Max +15 Swap Coupons for enhancing gear, Max +3 boxes for improving gear quality, Max +20 boxes for enhancing accessories, a 100% Success R6 armor scroll box, a coupon that lets you get permanent makeup or facial hair, 15-day VVIP capsule, more runes, a 200 million EXP capsule, and permanent hair and inner armor coupons. Not bad, not bad. Basically the same as the last run but with the chance of free level 110 gear thrown into the mix. That's just what I've been saying these events need.

2021 get out

quote:

Adieu, 2021 Check-In Event

Event Period: 12/07 - 12/28
Log in for an hour each day to get a reward. Rewards are alright. Not bad, not great. It's literally just AP capsules, TP potions, and Redeemer strike tickets, over and over again.

More free Steel

quote:

Damascus Steel (Lv. 105) 2nd Run Event

Event Period: December 7th 2021 to March 22nd 2022
Log in for an hour to get four free Damascus Steels that can be used to reforge level 105 gear. Same event as last time.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Dec 8, 2021

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

At least the clone box has now returned for event gifts. I made a new Danah alt but still busy with finals and EW to play :shobon:

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

I just wanted to say I hate how that name is pronounced. :colbert:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

A Cup of Ramen posted:

I just wanted to say I hate how that name is pronounced. :colbert:
I have great news: If you want to, you can stop thinking about Dan ahhhhh (that's me yelling) and focus on the next character, Letty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HC0m1C4nAI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjuXxgrpP2M

Always been a big fan of the Granado Espada aesthetic but I feel like taking their Claire, giving her Jose's conquistador helmet, and putting her in vindi doesn't quite work. Also, her fighting style looks ridiculous.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQHswacESUY

Maintenance happened and now we have a Christmas event.

Sweet and Merry Christmas? In this economy?

quote:

Sweet and Merry Christmas Event

Event Period: 12/14 - 12/28 (2 weeks)

Exchange Shop period: 12/14 - 01/04 (3 weeks)
Log in, receive a letter from SANTA on your account. The letter doesn't seem to do anything so don't worry about it. Then do your daily temporal missions to get a Holiday Stocking Bundle. Opening a bundle gets you three Christmas Candy Sticks (basically a merc pot), a Christmas Chocolate Cake (basically a dock food that grants +2 LUK for 30 minutes), and a Christmas Coupon. As you might expect, coupons can be exchanged for goodies. 6 coupons for a Rudolph antler headband (outfit), 3 coupons for a new title, 2 coupons for a Superior Guild Campfire Kit, and then the usual gang of consumables.

There's a limit of ten of those campfire kits per character. You can get one Bundle per character per day, thus one coupon per day, and the event lasts for fourteen days. That is, at most, seven campfire kits. So why the limit?

Finally: Colhen is decorated for Christmas. Yay.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Dec 17, 2021

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2THIkC8tkjA

Is the next raid Milo, channeling the power of Cromm Cruaich? Or are we fighting Cromm Cruaich using Milo's body as a vessel? Do you think Milo's going to survive or are we going to completely splatter him?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

GMs just made an announcement in-game to wish us all a New Year of the Happy variety. They say they've listened to player feedback and have decided that their focus this year will be to shorten the time gap between when Korea gets content and when we get content. They promise to bring us Letty in the first quarter of 2022, the following character by summer, and a third character by the end of the year. They also gave out a coupon code: VINDI2022. It gives a box that contains a title, a 7-day VIP capsule (not VVIP), five +5 LUK scrolls, and a 30-day Reilly's Fireworks toy.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Jan 1, 2022

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
We have heard your feedback. No, not about the universally reviled reintroduction of the stamina dystem.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Schubalts posted:

We have heard your feedback. No, not about the universally reviled reintroduction of the stamina dystem.
Everybody stopped complaining about that when they realized it doesn't cost Fatigue to jack off to giant asses and/or tits. Also, the devs changed the AP shop so you can have VIP on all of your characters all the time, which helps a bit. But mostly it's the "jacking it" thing.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

The servers shat themselves yesterday afternoon and people couldn't play for about fifteen minutes. They have announced that they're giving out a compensation package to every account that logged in up to thirty days prior to the incident. If you did, in fact, log in during this time frame, you can log in again after next week's maintenance and get something you may find useful. Nothing really exciting, just boring-but-useful consumables.

At the same time, they've released a teaser video for another upcoming raid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86iGzDrWFoI

They're bringing back chain hooks! Again! I felt bad about them making chain hooks largely useless, what with no longer needing them for S3 or [S] Classic Glas anymore. But my time to shine will come once more.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

I’ll never be able to get my crew to come back and play this game as long as it has fatigue. But what are you playing mostly?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Hy_C posted:

I’ll never be able to get my crew to come back and play this game as long as it has fatigue. But what are you playing mostly?

FFXIV :v:

I'm like I just login for free stuff and log off.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Hy_C posted:

Vindictus. Fatigue sucks but I've found ways to deal with it. I average one raid every hour or so because I like to take it easy. Nexon is somewhat generous with VVIP giveaways so I feel comfortable cracking one open when I intend to play more vigorously. Otherwise, VIP from the AP shop cuts Fatigue costs enough. I tend to switch characters when I finish their daily missions, which puts a natural curb on how much Fatigue I use in a day. I use the guild house bed, which restores 30% + 3% for every Bonus Object FP skill you've purchased from the wardrobe shop. Characters who have an object can restore another 30 + 3x% Fatigue. So, it's really not as dire as it looked when they first (re)introduced Fatigue. I don't like that I have to worry about Fatigue all the time but it has never been an obstacle for me.

As for other games: I play Genshin Impact, which you all may have figured out because I reference it sometimes. I like the big open world and the plot and a lot of the characters and the music, but I don't actually like the multiplayer aspect and the combat is just the right amount of "not as good as vindi" to piss me off on a regular basis. Plus, the farming is bad. The bosses are almost all annoying and the domains range from tiring to infuriating. I wanted to believe that having friends to play with would improve that part of the game, but when I tried co-oping with goons they either didn't change the flow of battle or completely broke the difficulty. Maybe you'll get different results with your crew but oh, genshin has an energy system that limits how much you can farm bosses and domains. If you're serious about hating energy systems then don't even bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxGfBVcH8JI

Update 2.84

quote:

V.2.84 Patch Notes

Table of Contents

1. Season 4 Episode 4 Extra Raid - Forgotten Altar

2. Laura Hell Mode Added

3. Friendship Content Updates

4. Miscellaneous Changes
1. New raid's here. I posted the trailer up above. It's called Forgotten Altar and the boss is Naberius. It drops the expected Ardri mats as well as an essence for earrings.

2. Hell Mode Laura. I have not yet managed to get anyone to explain what Hell mode is or why one would want to clear a Hell mode raid.

3. You can now get to Destined with Tessa and Dan-Ah. Not that their friendship skills are implemented but you can get their dance emotes at Destined 100% now.

4. Romel now drops an enchant scroll, Advance, for Head and Leg armor. Goddess's Guidance now gives a lot of DEF and ADD DMG, so newbies can do better in raids. It's now easy to see whether you don't have the stats to join a Quick Battle raid by simply looking at the QB window and noticing that raids you can't do have an orange name.

Sprint is back

quote:

Sprinting to the Forgotten Altar GO

Event Period: 01/11 - 02/01 (3 weeks)

Five levels of buff! The more you go on raids, the more of the buff you earn which can help you clear Forgotten Altar more easily.
Run raids, gain a stacking buff that lasts until daily reset. It's not a very good buff. The only notable bonus is to LUK.

Another raid event

quote:

New Year's Raid 2022! Event

Event Period: 01/11 - 02/15 (5 weeks)

Exchange Shop Period: 01/11 - 02/22 (6 weeks)

Happy New Year! We hope all of your wishes come true in the new year. We've prepared raid events for the new year and we hope those of you who enjoy raids will have lots of fun with it.
Run raids, get supply boxes. Supply boxes contain a Supply Coupon and a random goodie. Random goodies include fatigue potions, AP capsules, and New Era mats (binding, boo). Supply Coupons can be exchanged for more, better goodies. There's a 100% Success Enchant Destiny Box (60 coupons, 1 per account but account-shareable); a +13 Restorative Enhancement Rune for 105 armor (55 coupons, 1 per account); a "Milletian Equipment Reforge Exclusive Item Destiny Box" that lets you obtain a weapon essence or Succession Shard (28 coupons, 2 per character); Grade 2 Mysterious/Abyssal Shards (15 coupons, 3 of each per character); Steel Destiny Box (15 coupons, 8 per character); Intermediate Element Stones (12 coupons, 5 per character); and then the usual gang of consumables.

It is very important to note that the milletian reforge box has been specially-designed to be used for its stated purpose. You cannot take the contents and make new equipment because they're not equipment components in the strictest sense, but are instead unique items that can only be subbed in as reforging mats. Personally, I think it's a lovely thing to do because upgrading to milletian is what poor players should be doing and with this they can't. Milletian Weapon Essences are stupidly expensive on the market right now so helping players get them to make weapons is great. But offering a reward that only benefits players who've already managed to get their hands on one? Screwed up.

A third raid event?!?!

quote:

Redeemers Challenge! Event

Event Period: 01/11 - 02/01

Challenge the Redeemers and earn incredible buff effect.
Rookie Redeemers lasts longer. You now get it even if the character you're playing on has cleared Neam, Balor, or Brigid fewer than ten times. Characters with Rookie Redeemers also get hefty buffs during Redeemer raids, including +10 to crit rate in Neam and Balor and +15 to crit rate in Brigid. No special rewards for winning, though. Still, this event makes this a good time to farm up completion percentage on all of your characters. Especially Brigid, who's a huge pain otherwise.