Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I came back recently just to play the dual-pistols character (because I love dual pistols). Levelled to 90+ and then quit. The endgame (upgrading, fashion, all of it) is a giant shitpit and I can’t say it’s worth getting deep into this game if you’re starting fresh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

ArchWizard posted:

People complain about it with some regularity on the official Discord, so I'm going to say yes. Now that I think about it, there must be ways to circumvent it without ruining your connection speed since I occasionally see messages in global chat advertising raids hosted by players in Asia.

Yes, there is an IP restriction. I had to use Mudfish to play on the US servers when I came back for Eira.

The nice thing is that only the Nexon launcher itself checks for the restriction, not the game - so you can fire up the VPN, hit play on the launcher and then quickly close the VPN. The game itself doesn't care and will connect normally.

(by the by, the restrictions aren't there to preserve a good connection, it's because someone else still holds the license for Vindictus in affected territories)