Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

I wanted to play some doom so I went to this years cacowards and grabbed the first one on the list.
Goingdown is 32 maps where you have to get a key and then leave in an elevator, the maps design is excellent with nice visuals and gameplay. The enemy encounter design is monster closets, for every encounter, for 32 levels, nothing else. Monster closets are fine in moderation but if your only encounter is "you walk here and 50 enemies will spawn into the room" over and over for 32 levels with most levels having more than 100 monsters in a small space it wears thin.
Are there better wads out there this year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
this .wad sounds loving revolting, OP.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Sounds like you could really use a good wad OP.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I gave your mom a pretty god wad last night OP, what don't you ask her?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Gas

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
.wad the gently caress man.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love this thread. Buzz off.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hoping someone can help you with your wad problem, OP.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I gave your mom a pretty god wad last night OP, what don't you ask her?

its always beautiful to see the older generations rekindle their Gamer loves, good luck on 100%ing that wad, OP's mom :patriot:

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
wow. did I walk into the norm al games forum here or something??? a better wad than goingdown? are you for real op? this poo poo is beyond the pale, theres a reason goingdown won the cacoward this year op and if you want a better wad why dont you loving make it yourself.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

I love this thread. Buzz off.

This thread is now about my friend SgtMarkIV's masterpiece, Brutal Doom.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

This thread is now about my friend SgtMarkIV's masterpiece, Brutal Doom.
No it's not.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Maybe goingdown was meant to teach you about coming out of the closet OP. I guess you didn't learn anything if you don't like the wad

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Still better than D44M

Waltermelon
Feb 28, 2011
do-it.wad

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

resurgence is by the same guy who did speed of doom, and its pretty good (not as good as speed of doom) although i think the last level is loving bad

the 2nd episode of back to saturn x came out last year too

there's a beta of a megawad called sunlust that's still being worked on, looks promising so far

valiant came out this year and i haven't played all of it, but it looks pretty interesting

if you can get some other people, shogun trogun is a bizarre co-op wad that's still fun

The_Hat fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jul 19, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Still reeling from the fact that goingdown.wad actually won a cacoward this year..

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Who gives a flying rat's rear end.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

[in Seinfeld voice] WHY did Goingdown dot wad win a Cacoward this year? Why?

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Kramer: Well, this decision seems capricious and arbitrary
creator of Goingdown.wad, recipient of the 2015 Cacoward: Your fly is open

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
George Costanza: I don't get these .wads; they're breakin' the deal! It's like the Cacowards decided to ignore me.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The cacowards? But the cake is a lie!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
George Costanza: Really? I thought you and Celia were sleeping together.
Jerry Seinfeld: Oh, the sex is wild, but she's got this incredible .wad collection and she won't let me near it!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jerry Seinfeld: Actually she doesn't even know about the wads. I gave her the wrong kind of medicine and I guess she passed out.
Cosmo Kramer: What do you mean "wrong kind of medicine"?
Jerry Seinfeld: [to George] She's even got that old total conversion DBZ mod that we love.
George Costanza: Ah come on! You got to get me over there!
Cosmo Kramer: Wait a minute! You mean to say that you drugged a woman so you could take advantage of her wads?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Flannelette posted:

I wanted to play some doom so I went to this years cacowards and grabbed the first one on the list.
Goingdown is 32 maps where you have to get a key and then leave in an elevator, the maps design is excellent with nice visuals and gameplay. The enemy encounter design is monster closets, for every encounter, for 32 levels, nothing else. Monster closets are fine in moderation but if your only encounter is "you walk here and 50 enemies will spawn into the room" over and over for 32 levels with most levels having more than 100 monsters in a small space it wears thin.

No one in there right mind would right this trash. You need to see a doctor you hosed up turd.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Wormskull posted:

No one in there right mind would right this trash. You need to see a doctor you hosed up turd.

He needs a good wad, blasted on to his face lmfao

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

rediscover posted:

He needs a good wad, blasted on to his face lmfao

:yeah:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
*in valley girl voice* Oh my gawd, goingdown.wad won? Ugh, that .wad is sooo trashy.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
That's a shame OP, I'd have expected you'd love going down.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Flannelette posted:

Ok but how was the wad going down

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

hard then gooey

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

The_Hat posted:

resurgence is by the same guy who did speed of doom, and its pretty good (not as good as speed of doom) although i think the last level is loving bad

the 2nd episode of back to saturn x came out last year too

these were better wads thanks

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

These .wads are making me thirsty.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Flannelette posted:

these were better wads thanks

A rousing success.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ok, but have you guys heard of H-Doom.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No, what is it?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

All the demons are busty demon gals that are horny for you, and yeah, you can gently caress them, or so I've heard.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Did it win a Cacoward?

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

net cafe scandal posted:

All the demons are busty demon gals that are horny for you, and yeah, you can gently caress them, or so I've heard.

if this is true then maybe the op has a point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

In Training posted:

Did it win a Cacoward?

Balls deep in the damned is better than whadafuq.wad

Who am I kidding they are both grrat

• Locked thread