Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Please answer before deadline TIA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

It is intentionally ambiguous.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That is unsatisfactory.

##vote Gamer

:redhammer:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Ok, you've decided. To set one of your number free of all the bullshit, to live his life in peace.

GameroftheGame, Scum-aligned Rolecop has been lynched Day 1.

It is now night 1. Please send in your night actions.

(also, weigh in on deadlines. If you'd prefer a later deadline, and are okay with the fact it would mean slower flips, let me know. I'm fine either way. I just know I hate waiting for a flip)

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Quidnose, town-aligned Oracle, has been killed night 1.
His full flip will be published at a later time.

MC Eating Disorder, town-aligned vanilla town, has been killed night 1.

It is now Day 2.

(The only two people to weigh in on the deadlines asked me to keep them the same, so I'm going to keep them early. Also, sorry I didn't do votefinder posts, it's because I'm bad. I'll do better going forward. I will also reconstruct who was voting for GotG at the end of day 1.)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
well at least we flipped a rolecop

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (16): Asiina, Big Nothing, Captain Foo, chaoslord, EXAKT Science, imgay, Ixtlilton, Kashuno, Kleedrac, Kumbamontu, Lunatic Sledge, Runaktla, Samfucius, SirSamVimes, TMMadman, Tremendous Taste

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 02nd, 2015 at noon PDT -- that's in about 3 days.

Hiipfire was sacrificed to Armok, the blood god? What bullshit!

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Look at that smiley using scum getting lynched.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I can't say I'm surprised to see Quid get killed, but I'm a little surprised that MCED got hit too.

I guess we assume one of the kills was an SK unless someone comes in and claims a vig? Personally, I'm assuming the scum took out Quid because he led the charge against Gamer.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Maybe it's worth taking another look at Vimes today.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I'm on my way between work stuff, so I'm going to post this quick and come back later. Look at Samfucius. Not just his posts, but when he posts, why he posts. Dude is scum, scum scum scum, super scum, Scum II: The Scumening.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Nice playing with you sledge, gonna suck to see you die tonight.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Unless that's not a "yo I'm a power role"

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Kashuno posted:

Nice playing with you sledge, gonna suck to see you die tonight.

haha is that a threat?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
No it's a "wow that seems like a really obvious way to say I'm a power role"

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Scum sucks for killing quid

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tremendous Taste posted:

Scum sucks for killing quid

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Kashuno posted:

the way you jumped on it just seems super off and like you're concentrating on finding power roles.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
understandable. I can see where you'd get that impression

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That said, now I plan to look at Samfucius a lot harder.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
If I were a power role, I'd be calling out somebody sneakier. Every one of Samfucius's posts have been a caseless, bandwagony me-too shot with no context. One was right after me and Quid starting naming off our suspicions (he was on the list, a few others as well) and Sam tried to throw shade on me. Later, when we were all jumping on the Gamer wagon, Sam jumped in again to ride Foo's nuts and distract from the Gamer situation. He comes out of nowhere at the most inopportune times, says very little to absolutely nothing, just throws out shots to see if something sticks. He doesn't make his own cases or even back good ones, he just attaches himself to individual posts and hopes they catch fire. He was drat near a non-entity until Gamer was at 7 points.

I don't know about Foo, I think Foo might have been making a legit call, but Sam was definitely just there to hype any wagon that wasn't Gamer. I even joked before that happened that nobody was defending Gamer, and I thought that poo poo was weird. Look at Sam, really look at him.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I can agree Sam's content sucks. It's a little early in d2 for me to be making a big call like that yet though.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I'm on my way between work stuff, so I'm going to post this quick and come back later. Look at Samfucius. Not just his posts, but when he posts, why he posts. Dude is scum, scum scum scum, super scum, Scum II: The Scumening.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

If I were a power role, I'd be calling out somebody sneakier. Every one of Samfucius's posts have been a caseless, bandwagony me-too shot with no context. One was right after me and Quid starting naming off our suspicions (he was on the list, a few others as well) and Sam tried to throw shade on me. Later, when we were all jumping on the Gamer wagon, Sam jumped in again to ride Foo's nuts and distract from the Gamer situation. He comes out of nowhere at the most inopportune times, says very little to absolutely nothing, just throws out shots to see if something sticks. He doesn't make his own cases or even back good ones, he just attaches himself to individual posts and hopes they catch fire. He was drat near a non-entity until Gamer was at 7 points.

I don't know about Foo, I think Foo might have been making a legit call, but Sam was definitely just there to hype any wagon that wasn't Gamer. I even joked before that happened that nobody was defending Gamer, and I thought that poo poo was weird. Look at Sam, really look at him.

It makes me nervous to see both of these posts and no vote. If you're so certain of Sam's alignment why aren't you committing?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm rereading Quid and MCED right now, and they both at some point were looking at Vimes and pushing for that. Vimes tried to push for Quid, who we now know was town and other than that he didn't produce much content. I feel alright having my vote on him based on the current scenario.

##vote Vimes

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kashuno posted:

it doesn't really seem that way at all, though?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kashuno posted:

I can agree Sam's content sucks. It's a little early in d2 for me to be making a big call like that yet though.

Do you think He's scummy or not?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

TMMadman posted:

I can't say I'm surprised to see Quid get killed, but I'm a little surprised that MCED got hit too.

I guess we assume one of the kills was an SK unless someone comes in and claims a vig? Personally, I'm assuming the scum took out Quid because he led the charge against Gamer.

I'd assume that scum killed quid but nothing else, really

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Captain Foo posted:

Do you think He's scummy or not?

Not at this time, no

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Runaktla posted:

Look at that smiley using scum getting lynched.

this is helpful

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tremendous Taste posted:

I would rather rest my vote on someone I feel scum than hammer someone I buy as town

hmm.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Objecting to the principle or the flip w hindsight

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kumbamontu posted:

it's Tremendous "##vote no lynch" Taste

Even given this fact

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tremendous Taste posted:

I don't believe the narrative that every play has to be focused on INFORMATION

what the hell does this mean

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
If Taste was scum wouldn't he have been better served to hammer Gamer at that point to try and get town cred?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

while i'm used to you preferring no-lynches, how do you figure that non-information-gathering moves are useful for town

Yeah I called this out before and got no response before hammer

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You can't play against your reads for the sake of "information"

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Captain Foo posted:

Yeah I called this out before and got no response before hammer

Are you talking to me or yourself

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'