Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
The color thing sticks out because he mentioned it twice. Most of his posting is just poo poo about poo poo, but he brought that point up again after having posted about it a bit over an hour prior. No one reacted to his poo poo.

Calling it, we flip imgay he flips some bullshit cult crap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kumbamontu posted:

TT is a bit of an enigma of a player, I wouldn't put it past him to do something like that. Unnecessary, sure, but TT's style is very much shoot-from-the-hip so to speak

I have heard that TT can be quiet sneak and very good at being scum, so I can see it being a possibility, but it is still hard to wrap my head around it which is why I've been asking about it.

I'd like to see Kleedrac come in and give some opinions. He doesn't have a whole lot of posts and his D1 play does seem a bit unusual on a reread.

First he has this post:

Kleedrac posted:

You've no idea how tempted I was to quote this and vote for a nolynch :P

I really find Lunatic suspicious in that newbie-scum way where his posts seem heavily edited.

I gotta say though (and this is gonna be awkward) I think Quid may actually be scum this game! I realize he's carrying the thread (which isn't unusual in a game with Quidnose) but he isn't hammering home any cases this time. The last few games he makes one or two scumpicks and just hammers down on them - whenever I made a post which doesn't talk about his top two he immediately questions me on what I think of the dynamic duo. But this game he's waffling - he has made cases on quite a number of players in fairly quick succession but instead of pursuing those cases he moves onto other players - this seems very anti-quid and the only thing that comes to mind is if we are seeing a Scum-Quid it would be harder for him to continue directing traffic if he runs the train on multiple townies.

##Vote Quidnose

Sorry buddy :(

Both Exakt and I immediately call him out on it with Exakt going so far as to vote him for it. He never addresses either of our posts, but instead comes back with this a few hours later:

Kleedrac posted:

Not so much a scumslip but it seems like what a bad scum would do before suggesting nolynch - that said I didn't get why it started a bandwagon on BN.

Wow do I hate these posts - it's all the /wrists of a selfvote without the conviction. poo poo or get off the pot

##Vote Kashuno

That is the second to last vote on Kash, with the last being from Gamer a couple hours before the deadline.

So Kleedrac, what's with all that bullshit?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
[quote="Mithross" post="448361343"]
Quidnose, town-aligned Oracle, has been killed night 1.
His full flip will be published at a later time.

^quid is the only one who flipped and got that second line. The only thing missing from this would be some sort of weird condition modifier. Color makes sense, which makes me think it's probably some cult-esque mechanic. Color = cult = imgay is a cult leader

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Mithross posted:

Quidnose, town-aligned Oracle, has been killed night 1.
His full flip will be published at a later time.
^quid is the only one who flipped and got that second line. The only thing missing from this would be some sort of weird condition modifier. Color makes sense, which makes me think it's probably some cult-esque mechanic. Color = cult = imgay is a cult leader

Mafia edit

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
You think imgay is a cult leader that started off with a one-shot vigilante? Because while that being bullshit would be par for the course, it would most definitely be bullshit nonetheless.

That is pretty strange, though, and I did not catch it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Real talk, imgay hasn't said enough for me to lean one way or the other. I don't trust him to be drat sure, the gun and the color poo poo is weird and I don't like that from somebody that isn't actually posting content. Dude is just monkeycheese to me at this point.

That's honestly why I'm suspicious of him. He hasn't posted any content at all this game, and the only thing he has done is a random day 1 kill.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Also this:

imgay posted:

you guys got a pm you joined a color team last night, right?

would be the worst way to out yourself as a cult leader, just like this

Kashuno posted:

What color are you?

is the worst way to inquire what in the name of god he was talking about.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Consider this; imgay is cult leader. No matter who he shoots, it's a step in the right direction for him. It doesn't matter what they flip, because he's already thinning the numbers needed to recruit. If he killed scum, bonus, but most people were quick to push it off as "imgay just does stupid poo poo," but from a cult perspective it's a good play

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Also this:

would be the worst way to out yourself as a cult leader, just like this

is the worst way to inquire what in the name of god he was talking about.

I agree my post sucked, but imgay just gets written off as "he does stupid poo poo" he could afford to gently caress around like that if there was no chance people would look at him closer

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

In my experience he normally mixes in at least SOME content with his stupid poo poo.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I know my d1 posting was absolute trash but I'm pretty sure I'm this case guys

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
I'm still trying to wrap my mind around "This game will begin very vanilla heavy, but one player is a one-shot vigilante cult leader"

He's skeevy, I grant, but this theory is still pretty out there.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
A day kill, no less.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Quid was apparently an oracle with some other modifier on him, is it so far fetched that there is another person with multiple modifiers?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

In my experience he normally mixes in at least SOME content with his stupid poo poo.

I don't know if I will ever be able to read imgay. Maybe if I play dozens of more games with him, I could figure something out but until then I'll have to take your word on it in this game.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I am reasonably new to Mafia so any meta reads from me should be taken with a grain of salt. Right now I'm mostly going on the fact that in another game with him he is doing some content posting.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

I am reasonably new to Mafia so any meta reads from me should be taken with a grain of salt. Right now I'm mostly going on the fact that in another game with him he is doing some content posting.

Ahh, I thought you had played a little more. Regardless, I do kind of agree with you that imgay has posted less content than I've seen him post in the couple games I have played with him.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

imgay posted:

Its not like you can get a vig and not use it immediately. I'm usually a high priority target for scum because of my rhetoric and intense content, so I need to use one-shots immediately.

imgay posted:

mithross told me to pick a number

Quidnose posted:

Ok, this, however, is probably a lie, and I'd like to know why you are lying, imgay.

Quid was in on some strange poo poo, as is imgay, but I don't get the feeling they were culting together.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
I really feel like there's stronger cases to be made, and any cases coming from you, Kashuno, are going to come off as suspicious while I still think you're a serial killer/cult leader?/some other magical third party wackiness.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure there's something to the numbers thing, and quid was lying there for reasons

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That's understandable, my d1 posting was atrocious. I'm pretty sure of this case, regardless

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ok i'm here for a little while, gonna do that samfumanchu re-read i said i would

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

or maybe it was samvimes

i'll re-read them both i guess!

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Kashuno posted:

I'm pretty sure there's something to the numbers thing, and quid was lying there for reasons

Drawing attention to it at all, when you yourself pointed out that nobody was saying anything about it, would be kinda dumb though

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So far, if I hadn't said anything about it now it seemed to be just written off. Even you said that you didn't even realize that line about quid on his flip. That line sealed it for me.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why you think theres a cult?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The unspecified part of quids flip

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Kashuno posted:

So far, if I hadn't said anything about it now it seemed to be just written off. Even you said that you didn't even realize that line about quid on his flip. That line sealed it for me.

Nah, I've definitely been thinking about the imgay/colors/numbers thing. I actually made like three posts about it on day one! But I can't get any straight answers, reads, lists, or jack poo poo rear end all out of imgay, which makes him weird but impenetrable. If I wanted to chase that, I'd go after Ixt, who hasn't actually made a single serious vote this whole game yet but did post this gem

Ixtlilton posted:

I think Sam is the town man.

and offered no explanation. For example. I agree that imgay's weirder than poo poo and I would absolutely love for him to state his case, or any case at all, but I don't want to go leaping off into "Quid was the cult of imgay who also had a one-shot daykill gun and both of them were completely stupid about revealing the whole thing for no reason on day one" when there's plenty of more substantial shadows to be punching at.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
I am glad you brought the Quid flip thing to my attention, though, 'cuz that poo poo's weird.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If I knew I wouldn't have asked

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

imgay posted:

Imgay, did you ever figure out anything with the colors or the numbers or whatever else in the name of god? Also, who do you think are scum?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

imgay posted:

cults are bullshit.

I'm not entirely convinced of the possibility of a cult, but something is up with you.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Samfucius posted:

This is an interesting catch, you are right.

##vote lunatic

me-too vote when it seems that it's not really a viable argument, and immeditely followed up with this

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Sam, is it a coincidence that you jumped right into this and onto me after I called you out for being inactive? The argument you're railing against me is one I already addressed and, I thought, put down pretty firmly.

and when called on it immediately retreats into "oh yeah lunatic is a new player" but he acknowledges that he knew that when he voted in the first place. looks like an easy off after realizing the me-too wasn't gonna stick?

next: doesn't see anything wrong with gamer's posting which while not damning by itself is a mild, but helpfully unelaborative defense of someone who flipped scum.

next: spends time defending the contradiction i spotted with his reactions to kash's list and quid's list. does a decent defense of it imo

but then:

Samfucius posted:

Oh hmmm yes mafia is well-known for its hierarchy, he posted more than me so I shouldn't have an opinion on him, bullshit rolls downhill and downhill only darn it.

There's a big difference between making a massive list post about how you lean town on some and scum on others and definitively calling people scum, voting them for it, and then throwing some other opinions out there for good measure. Quid != kash.

Also yes I totally played in that last game with kash so this is very relevant information if I do say so myself.
gets rattled and keeps posting about how kash posted in the other game which if not scummy is annoying as gently caress

conclusion: he looks...not great. that weird attempt at distraction from gamer's lynch without elaborating anything else looks bad, and the rest of his posting isn't super conclusive one way or another. That post + the me-too and backoff make him look p suspicious rn

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Just FYI his post about me last game is sarcasm. He wasn't in it

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

imo if bullshit setupspec is going to continue we should lynch imgay and get that insight into it, otherwise let's keep hunting scum

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SirSamVimes posted:

cults are bullshit.

I'm not entirely convinced of the possibility of a cult, but something is up with you.

Captain Foo posted:

imo if bullshit setupspec is going to continue we should lynch imgay and get that insight into it, otherwise let's keep hunting scum

Thoughts on what else quids undisclosed modifier could be?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kashuno posted:

yo this is why i didnt post about it, there's no actual info to be gleaned right now other than "hey maybe things aren't as vanilla as they seemed on d1" which was given to us from the mod at signup soooooo

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Foo posted:

gets rattled and keeps posting about how kash posted in the other game which if not scummy is annoying as gently caress

conclusion: he looks...not great. that weird attempt at distraction from gamer's lynch without elaborating anything else looks bad, and the rest of his posting isn't super conclusive one way or another. That post + the me-too and backoff make him look p suspicious rn

I don't want this to come off as a defense of Samfu because I think he's been pretty scummy, but his mention of Kash there was actually in response to me saying that Kash feels town due to meta reasons.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kashuno posted:

Thoughts on what else quids undisclosed modifier could be?

could be just about anything, but it's almost sure to be a role/modifier that interacts directly with another player, as opposed to be another action. i rly don't care right now though, it's not at all helpful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

TMMadman posted:

I don't want this to come off as a defense of Samfu because I think he's been pretty scummy, but his mention of Kash there was actually in response to me saying that Kash feels town due to meta reasons.

noted

• Locked thread