Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

etalian posted:

because the evil billionaire is running a propaganda campaign and influencing government decisions.

And Ephraim's former boss at the CDC, but at this point you have to wonder how anyone can say "That dude who shouted about vampires is a terrorist" and be taken seriously when a city council member is holding public vampire executions and being lauded for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Eph is also wanted by the police/fbi.

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

DarklyDreaming posted:

And Ephraim's former boss at the CDC, but at this point you have to wonder how anyone can say "That dude who shouted about vampires is a terrorist" and be taken seriously when a city council member is holding public vampire executions and being lauded for it.

It kind of feels like they skipped a handful of episodes worth of build up, because to me it seems they went from "what is this mystery disease" to "oh yeah, vampires are attacking New York, tuesdays amirite" in the span of a scene or two.

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014
Also, why the gently caress is public transportation still running if vampires are rampaging through the streets?

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Mars4523 posted:

Also, why the gently caress is public transportation still running if vampires are rampaging through the streets?

It's New York. People can't hardly tell the difference.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Have I mentioned lately that Fet is the best character?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DarklyDreaming posted:

he's coping pretty well with the end of the world

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
I'm 3 mins into today's episode and this vintage film gimmick is terrible.

Cute n Popular
Oct 12, 2012
These tracker vamps are incredibly goofy.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

SpaceAceJase posted:

I thought I was about to watch that episode of MST3K.

Dekenai
Mar 11, 2009

DarklyDreaming posted:

Came for David Bradley.

Staying for Fet and David Bradley.

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

Having read the books and still enjoying the show when it isn't being too serious, I was really excited when I saw that this episode was called The Silver Angel because the idea of a retired luchador suplexing vampires was that exact kind of ridiculous poo poo I wanted the show to go ham with and was really disappointed when he only got like 15 minutes of screen time in the episode named after him. He better put that mask back on soon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SpaceAceJase posted:

If this stupid film holds the key to stopping the vampires I swear to god I will find Del Toro and throw my own poo poo at him.

Fet best character, Nora still hot. Still watching.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Ghosthotel posted:

He better put that mask back on soon.

I hope so too. Was nice to see the mighty isle of Shao-lin still taking heads, cuttin' necks. Now I'd like to see RZA fight Bolivar, with silver knuckles or some poo poo. That'd be rad.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
You know Kelly, since you got your mind back, having a shower and changing your clothes wouldn't be a bad thing.

Great to see some progress with the virus was somewhat of a win.

That luchadore stuff was too long however.

Looking forward to more gross stuff

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The vampires killing wall street bankers made me question if they really are the bad guys?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
A luchadore subplot out of nowhere won't make up for the death of Steve McHattie, dear showrunners.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

etalian posted:

The vampires killing wall street bankers made me question if they really are the bad guys?

The reporter thinking they were protestors made the scene surprisingly brilliant

Whispering Machines
Dec 27, 2005

Monsters? They look like monsters to you?
I'm holding out hope that they didn't seriously gently caress up that bad and that the ancients were just weakened and captured and will be back next episode :ohdear:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Those weren't the Ancients, though, they were just their strike team. Which sucks still, because they were the best part of the show by a mile.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Does anybody have a clip of the "this is Staten island. This is who we are!"? That was the best part of every episode, less satire and more documentary.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The public executions are quite literally the most retarded thing I've seen in a TV series.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

steinrokkan posted:

The public executions are quite literally the most retarded thing I've seen in a TV series.

But you watch doctor who. :smug:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Klaus88 posted:

But you watch doctor who. :smug:

Actually I don't, and if you think this lovely avatar is pro-Who, you are probably retarded yourself.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
You know, in the first episode we saw the Vamp SWAT, they burst into the house in full daylight, with no issues. Why is UV suddenly such a huge problem when they obviously have gear made to shield them completely?

:goonsay:

surc
Aug 17, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

A luchadore subplot out of nowhere won't make up for the death of Steve McHattie, dear showrunners.
Luchadore subplots actually make up for just about anything. Sometimes it's big enough you need a Luchadore main-plot for an episode to fix things though.

steinrokkan posted:

Actually I don't, and if you think this lovely avatar is pro-Who, you are probably retarded yourself.

:psyduck:

e: Oh woah, I totally did not realize those posts were from the same dude at first.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

steinrokkan posted:

You know, in the first episode we saw the Vamp SWAT, they burst into the house in full daylight, with no issues. Why is UV suddenly such a huge problem when they obviously have gear made to shield them completely?

It's like this show is terribly written and internally inconsistent or something. :iiam:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

steinrokkan posted:

Thank goodness. I read that and go 'if The Doctor is anything like that, he'd be a Game of Thrones villain, not some hero people adore.' Tywin sure wasn't loving wonderful.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

steinrokkan posted:

Seriously. And Stephen McHattie's character is supposed to be a half-breed immune to the sun, so what's he doing freaking out about some UV lights?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

show likes showing you cool stuff then suddenly taking it away

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Apoplexy posted:

Seriously. And Stephen McHattie's character is supposed to be a half-breed immune to the sun, so what's he doing freaking out about some UV lights?

Chuck Hogan confirmed that McHattie's character isn't actually Quinlan though. He will show up later this season. https://www.spoilertv.com/2014/11/the-strain-season-2-advance-preview.html

It's still bullshit that they killed off Vaun and the rest of vampire SWAT.

Whispering Machines
Dec 27, 2005

Monsters? They look like monsters to you?
^Oh poo poo, seriously?! Huh. Well, can't wait til he actually appears. His story was awesome.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

http://deadline.com/2015/08/the-strain-renewed-season-3-fx-1201495086/

How do these things keep happening?!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Seeing as there are three books, they were most likely quite ready to dig through poo poo for one more year.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Maybe we'll get lucky and book 2 will be 2 seasons and then book 3 will be 3 more seasons.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

For some reason I found this laugh out loud funny. I watch the show and am entertained by it but it's still funny that it's getting a season 3.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I still crack up over how poorly the infection is portrayed. One minute you have monsters attacking FBI agents in broad day light and then in the next there's a guy delivering a pizza or something equally hilarious.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

It's still bullshit that they killed off Vaun and the rest of vampire SWAT.
Part of me is hoping that Palmer kept from killing them outright (and has them locked up somewhere) as he doesn't trust Eichorst nor Gabriel Bolivar and needs some leverage.

whalesteak
May 6, 2013

I hope the costume department uses Eph's need to disguise himself to introduce a series of ever more hilarious wigs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

whalesteak posted:

I hope the costume department uses Eph's need to disguise himself to introduce a series of ever more hilarious wigs.

And he just shaves his head entirely instead :v:

• Locked thread