Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The whole Dr. Frankenstein character arc, even in the lovely one where he gratuitously rapes a woman, is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Sir Nose posted:

That's Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed, most Hammer fans regard it as one of the better installments. Evil of Frankenstein and Horror of Frankenstein are much shittier.

I really gotta rewatch the whole series. The only one I've seen more than once is Frankenstein Created Woman, which owns.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
And those Mummy movies. I want to like them so bad.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I know exactly why I don't like them - they establish a mood that they don't sustain, which is something crucial that otherwise mediocre movies manage to exploit. The Terror, for example, is not a great movie by any stretch but it is very moody. Those Mummy movies are just dull.

I'm gonna give it another shot because it seems wrong that my favorite Mummy movie is the one with Brendan Fraser.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Nov 27, 2016

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Yeah, movies like The Gorgon, The Oblong Box, their zombie movie I can never remember the name of all do great with atmosphere. The Abominable Snowman is one of the best examples I can think of in that regard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
ALSO WATCH QUATERMASS IV

• Locked thread