Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
TCM ran a bunch of these for October, especially with Christopher Lee being star of the month.

One of the better ones was Taste the Blood of Dracula, which has a unique setup- Dracula is revived by an Alistair Crowley type who enlists the aid of a bunch of stuffy town fathers who happen to spend one night a month at the local Hellfire club, they purchase Dracula's remains from Veruca Salt's father, the Crowley one drinks his blood and the rest freak out and beat him to death, so when Dracula rises he sets out to destroy the men who killed his "servant".

Also cool was Hound of the Baskervilles with Peter Cushing as Sherlock Holmes. Which, you can just imagine how good a bit of casting that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Honestly my true favorites are the Quatermass films. The first is a suspenseful monster flick with a nice touch of pathos, Quatermass 2 is a downright epic alien infiltration story, and Quatermass and the Pit is glorious full-color chaos.

Also as far as I can tell they were first in just using "[Title] 2" as the sequel title.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

HannibalBarca posted:

The Abominable Snowman of the Himalayas is a great movie and it's about time for me to watch it again.

Oh yeah that's another good early one. The studio's mostly known for the technicolor Gothic horrors but there's some great black and white stuff too.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

LesterGroans posted:

Basically reiterating what Sir Nose said, but definitely check out the first two and X The Unknown.

I actually kind of prefer Quatermass 2 the best out of the three, but they're all basically neck-and-neck.

Yeah Quatermass 2 is pretty amazing.

I got to see all three on the big screen- there's a theater in Independence MO that Wade Williams owns that used to just show old movies and it has/had a big 50 foot curved screen. I checked their listings obsessively for the sci fi double features.

• Locked thread