Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Hello I am at work and need to know how my dark horse pick Karl Anderson is doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Willninho posted:

So Honma only beats Yujiro the final night is the easiest prediction I feel.

I said the same thing last year and it still didn't happen

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

RaceyBucket posted:

Hello I am at work and need to know how my dark horse pick Karl Anderson is doing.

Beat Shinsuke Nakamura in a main event upset this morning

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Updated Standings (was going to try to wait until I caught up on today's first two block matches but twitter spoiled me):

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The next show is tomorrow morning at the same time (5:30 EDT/10:30 BST). It will have full camera work and commentary like Night 1 had.

Friday- July 24th at 5:30AM EDT - 10:30AM BST from Kyoto Budo Center- BLOCK A DAY

Kojima, Liger, TMIV, and Komatsu vs Elgin, Dorada, White, and Finlay
CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and YOSHI-HASHI) vs Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi and Cody Hall
Hirooki Goto and Captain New Japan vs Bullet Club (Karl Anderson and Tama Tonga)
Yuji Nagata, Tomoaki Honma, and Ryusuke Taguchi vs CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, and Gedo)
G1 CLIMAX BLOCK A MATCH Togi Makabe vs Bad Luck Fale
G1 CLIMAX BLOCK A MATCH Kota Ibushi vs Doc Gallows
G1 CLIMAX BLOCK A MATCH Toru Yano vs AJ Styles
G1 CLIMAX BLOCK A MATCH Katsuyori Shibata vs Tetsuya Naito
G1 CLIMAX BLOCK A MATCH Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Hiroyoshi Tenzan

On paper this might actually be the weakest night of the G1. Still, Shibata vs Naito could be excellent and YTR vs AJ will almost assuredly be fun even though it probably won't be good from a workrate perspective. Hopefully Tezan can recapture some of last year's form in a main event match against an elite opponent.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Thauros posted:

Beat Shinsuke Nakamura in a main event upset this morning

This greatly pleases me.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
well that was a thoroughly mediocre show

i was vacillating between nagata and anderson to upset nakamura and ended up going with nagata, how foolish of me

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jul 23, 2015

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

the thread title says 'gi' climax or maybe 'GL', and im pissed off about that

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Spermgod posted:

AJ and Tama Tonga are a real good team. Push Tama Tonga.

Super God spitting truth about Tama Tonga and the mediocrity of the show. Tama Tonga is BC A-team material and Mao YB is the true Bullet Babe.

I know the hard can setup up hurts my enjoyment, but I've been way more into house show matches using the same setup. Not a strong start for Block B.

I predict that Nakamura will win the next seven straight and wrestle a sweeping Okada to force a tie on the last day of the tournament.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Need the commentary back ASAP, that high pitched girl shouting for Ishi and Okada... Ugh infuriating

Show was egh.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
I liked the last two matches, and to the lesser extent Honma/Nagata, but i wish they would have frontloaded the tournament a little more.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The alternating blocks may be better for the wrestlers and is definitely better for the gate, but yeah 10 packed shows was kinda cooler for the fans. The tournament should get better though

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I tried to watch the show live but the fixed camera/no commentary/barely audible crowds basically made it a slog and I gave up halfway through.

I'll try to catch Okada/Elgin and Anderson/Nakamura when I get a chance, but those are both matches I'd far rather have seen with a traditional camera setup.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah, the cam setup seriously impacts my enjoyment of the show. I watched all of the tournament matches in the day, but I didn't get into it as much as past show.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
I just finished up this morning's show and it was overall meh. I enjoyed the Nakamura/Anderson match, and was kind of surprised that Karl got the upset over my boy Nakamura but it is about time dude got a singles push. I also thought Elgin showed well in his singles debut in the promotion.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
anyone else gonna over sleep to skip the opening tags now on

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I will say that Chaos girls cheering through the show was actually worth all the annoyance for her response when Karl picked up the win.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
so apparently the show today has no commentary. but still a multi camera setup?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

KungFu Grip posted:

anyone else gonna over sleep to skip the opening tags now on

Lmao if you don't go to sleep at a reasonable hour in case you'd like to wake up early.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
the opening tags have been some of the better things on these shows so far tbh

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Spermgod posted:

so apparently the show today has no commentary. but still a multi camera setup?

Seems that way now based on the start, this is really weird.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
this crowd

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I need Japanese commentators screeching in terror as they witness impossible physical feats being effortlessly performed, dammit.

Losing the audio due to licensing issues is even more apparent on a show like this.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
when the crowd is this good the lack of commentary doesnt bother me. that crowd yesterday sucked, gently caress them

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Anderson winning clean again and Nakamura has no time for Taguchi, the show is picking up!

Edit: Oh my God Gedo hugging the ref :lol:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Jul 24, 2015

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
has there ever been a top guy in a major japanese promotion with a moveset as wimpy as okada's

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

is this show playing at a higher framerate because T
it made Taguchi look agile.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Spermgod posted:

has there ever been a top guy in a major japanese promotion with a moveset as wimpy as okada's

His dropkick is so good that his opponents aren't so much hurt by it but grow faint from awe :colbert:

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
Okada is simply Too Handsome for his opponents, they have no choice but to lose.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
AJ and Yano have some weird rear end chemistry.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
That was a really fun match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

I love it, Yano is like the most unexpected guy to give top stars problems.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

KungFu Grip posted:

Aw DANG I step out and I miss the Yano match.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
jesus christ shibata

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Eat poo poo, Naito. I hate you.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
E. Key Oide ‏@e_key_oide

落とせ! (knock him out!) chants from the crowd, def. something you don't hear often these days. #g125 #njpwworld

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Loved that match. Naito being a disrespectful poo poo and Shibata caving his loving chest in for it

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Biosys posted:

E. Key Oide ‏@e_key_oide

落とせ! (knock him out!) chants from the crowd, def. something you don't hear often these days. #g125 #njpwworld

Shibata's momma must be in attendance.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Spermgod posted:

Tanahashi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Biosys posted:

E. Key Oide ‏@e_key_oide

yeah you hear that alll the time in 80s and 90s matches. they should bring it back

• Locked thread