Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I can't imagine this dark mirror world of tempuraless sushi, I stand in solidarity with our Canadian friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
new Chichikogusa
Kanoemon bringing the manservice

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
New Otouto no Otto!
Yaichi's really working on his way of thinking. I'm glad this is getting pretty speedy updates.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sweetness & Lightning updated. School trip! Not much Tsumugi in this one but the beginning is super adorable :3:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Canadian brother-in-law is good.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Gah! Sweetness and Lightning is still really cute!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Gah! Sweetness and Lightning is still really cute!

I wanted to post some panels but was reading on my phone. The bit at the end where Sensei is making the candy was so cute :kimchi:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Everything Burrito posted:

New chapter of Sen to Man

he's so happy :3:

This captures that "my parents are so embarrassing but I can't articulate why" feeling of that age so well. But now I'm much closer to the father's age than the daughter's, so... sorry, mom!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

But now I'm much closer to the father's age than the daughter's, so... sorry, mom!

tfw you're the same age or older than the parents in all the manga you read

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

This captures that "my parents are so embarrassing but I can't articulate why" feeling of that age so well. But now I'm much closer to the father's age than the daughter's, so... sorry, mom!

Yeah, part of what I get out of dad manga (and mom manga, which seems rare apparently) is that it reminds me to make up for what a lovely kid I was. And probably still am.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Speaking of mom manga, Tenohira Size ended awhile ago. I liked it!

It helped that it wasn't that long. The story ended up focusing a lot more on the eldest daughter though, not necessarily the mom by herself.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Canadian brother-in-law is good.

and chapter 5 is out already - so fast!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

cute series i stumbled upon that i don't think has been mentioned yet
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Papa-to-Mama-Hajimemashita
reliable class rep + lazy boy raising a toddler they find in a box, cute moments and romance follow. there apparently is a second volume sequel to it that's not translated, but the story feels complete with just these 3 chapters

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I saw that one browsing around once but didn't stop to read it because it had so few chapters, didn't realize that was a complete volume. I'll have to check that out. Too bad about the second volume though.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Dec 10, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Otouto no Otto ch 6
appropriately titled

edit: goddamn that last panel

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Otouto no Otto ch 6
appropriately titled

edit: goddamn that last panel

:smith:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
A new chapter of Kekkonshite mo Koishiteru came out today too!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Terpenoid
Takahashi has a one-sided love for Shige, the blue-collar who lives next door. The one who gave him the chance to fall in love was his nephew, Haru. Haru was left unable to speak from a trauma of child neglect, but Shige's warm presence is what saved him. Unable even to confess, "I want you to be my big brother too..," Takahashi's feelings only became stronger. But then he's seen by Shige while kissing a sex friend in the car!?

I read this one the other day and thought about whether or not I wanted to post about for a while. I really liked parts of it, but parts of it weren't so great. The first 3 chapters all deal with Yuki and Shige's relationship and Yuki learning how to balance being a dad and being in a relationship. Haru has some trauma so he's a pretty fragile kid and I thought that was addressed pretty well. I thought that the sex chapter with Okaken (ch. 4) detracted from the story - it's a prequel from before Yuki starts seeing Shige but it still didn't sit well with me and Okaken is a sleaze, so even though there are some cute bits at the beginning it's mostly fanservice with the wrong character -- a smut chapter with Yuki & Shige would have been way better lol. Also the title of that chapter is terrible, yikes. The 5th chapter is a flashback to Yuki and Okaken's past and gives some context to their present relationship. Yuki's backstory is pretty tragic (a little too much, really) but that does explain a lot re: why he would be so devoted to Haru. The last two chapters are of an unrelated couple and were pretty meh.

If you're going to read this for the single gay dad stuff, stick with chapters 1-3, then optionally the first 5 or so pages of chapter 4 and ch 5 if you want the backstory; the rest is skippable. This one is pretty smutty overall and leans toward bara so definitely don't read it at work.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
New Sen to Man
I really like how this manga hints around at the different family dynamics. Pretty sure that panel showing her dad totally horrified means he smacked her once and felt completely awful about it but since she's a kid all she remembers is that it happened.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I periodically come and read through the stuff that's been posted, so thanks for doing all these write-ups, Burrito.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I periodically come and read through the stuff that's been posted, so thanks for doing all these write-ups, Burrito.

Glad they aren't going to waste!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

New Sen to Man
I really like how this manga hints around at the different family dynamics. Pretty sure that panel showing her dad totally horrified means he smacked her once and felt completely awful about it but since she's a kid all she remembers is that it happened.

the comment section is really weird

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
yikes, you weren't kidding

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Davincie posted:

the comment section is really weird

Lol god drat

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
lol that looks like a hoot

Need the 2 dads cooking manga too

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

its a dad manga, about a single robot and his adopted human daughter

robot dads

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

ソマリと森の神様

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
For ease of finding it

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

its a very new web published comic, with not a lot of chapters, the art remains super neat tho

really expansive and inventive environments, lots of fantastical peoples and creatures

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I put it on my list, probably will let a few more chapters come out before I dig in.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

I want to read this, but I cannot read that language

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i'm not sure this is a dad manga since she never calls him dad, but the relationship doesn't seem romantic and its cute so
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/madoromi-chan-ga-iku-r17834

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Looks cute! Comment section is already off to a good start as well :v:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Shiba Occhan

men become shibas after they get married and have kids, it's cute so far

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
New chapter of Chihikogusa!

I raided the author's twitter for sketches

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh yeah, if you can't stand Crunchy's manga app you can now buy the first volume of Sweetness & Lightning on the digital platform of your choice. No paper version though :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

New chapter of Chihikogusa!

I raided the author's twitter for sketches

Cute :3:. I still need to start this one.