Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

I will work on this opening some more as I go on but it is a lot to translate it so please be patient. I am putting out the basic rules to see if anyone is interested, I will make this nicer later. This style is very hard on the mafia player as it forces everyone to work together even when they are mafia.

Rules

- the moderator is not here. This is just understood for Italian players but I will say it here there is no moderator. You do not quote the moderator or ask questions to the moderator in the thread. All questions must be in private. This is a death in most games.

- first day of the thread is called rehearsal, it is usually short and usually no one is voted for. During rehearsal players say what roles they would be interested in playing in the game. Rehearsal ends either when a player is killed or when a majority votes ##ready

- each day roles are picked again see the role section for more

- for a voted role you can not vote for yourself

- days are 48 hours long or until someone is killed. Mafia is normally very fast and a key feature is momentum and it is considered a a shameful day that lasts more than 24 hours

- a day starts at 6am in Venezia

- the killed cannot post and those that do are banned from the next game

Cavolo

When a player with a role performs their role badly anyone can say Cavolo [player]!

If a majority calls cavolo on a player they lose their role and becomes odiato.

Odiato

A player who is made odiato by any means takes one less vote to be killed.

Roles

Il Capitano

- the first role that is chosen
- the first il Capitano may elect a second il Capitano as his rival this is recommended while there are many players
- il Capitano must focus on a player and make bold claims as to why they are the mafia
- if after hearing what the il dottore and the pulcinella has said he his swayed he may declare a new target and make a new case
- a player will only be killed if they have the majority of votes and il Capitano then executes them by saying ##execute (player)
- most usually people vote for the il Capitano pick unless they believe he is bad

Il Dottore

- the next role to be voted on il Dottore the voice of reason and experience
- il Dottore will listen to all il Capitano and say whether what they say is true they will examine their claims and say whether they are good and why
- il Dottore put in a lot of effort, an agreeable or lazy il Dottore is sure to be disliked

Pulcinella

- the third role to be voted, Pulcinella will assist whoever is accused by il Capitano
- there are as many il Capitano as there are Pulcinella
- a Pulcinella will play devils advocate to help the accused and say why il Capitano is wrong
- a bad Pulcinella will agree with il Capitano or refuse to defend the victim

These are the roles which are voted. These must be selected before the volunteer roles.

The other roles are volunteered but can still be cavolo! If one is removed by cavolo the next to volunteer is the new role

Medico della peste

- this player tracks cavolo votes and announces when a player is odiato!

Pantalone

- this player tracks votes and announces when a player is killed. This role generally goes to only experienced mafia players and will be tough so if people like I will be Pantalone

Brighella

- a brighella can make a day action against a player who they feel is not contributing once per day. The Brighella player simply says "[player] il vigliacco!" and they become odiato!

Players:

Matthew Beet
SKY COQ
Bifauxnen
Birdstrike
Gwynplaine
Kat Delacour
Hal Incandenza
MMM Whatchya Say
busb
mysticalmachinegun
Anidav
Kitiara
EXAKT science
SirSamVimes

I RUOLI

Il capitano uno:
Il capitano due:
Il dottore:
Pulcinella uno:
Pulcinella due:
Medico della peste:
Pantalone:
Brighella:

This day will finish at:

2am central time: 24/8/2015
=
5pm Melbourne time: 24/8/2015

Mozzafiato fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Aug 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

uhh i think i'm in.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
I am confused and in

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehwSEVbBZl4

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

SKY COQ posted:

I am confused and in

If you have questions I can try to add them to the opening the moderator only is not there once the game starts

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I am in and promise not to ruin the nice authentic mood with JoJo gifs

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

SKY COQ posted:

I am confused and in

I am in and confused.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Sure

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
oh I forgot to sign up for this

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I would like to play but I am not getting a transformer avatar

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Is this still taking sign ups?

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Is this still taking sign ups?

Yes! I have added you. Please invite any friends :)

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I have been told to play this game. I will be 99% phoneposting.

Also I will not be speaking Italian, but French.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

busb posted:

I have been told to play this game. I will be 99% phoneposting.

Also I will not be speaking Italian, but French.

Can I speak Google translated Japanese?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav posted:

Can I speak Google translated Japanese?

I might need to take back what I said about JoJo gifs, considering.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
No.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hi busb

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

thank god we finally got one of the good australians in here

more people come in here and sign up

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

how many people do we need anyway?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Hi Hal.

Hal Incandenza posted:

thank god we finally got one of the good australians in here

This doesn't apply to me BTW.

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

Hal Incandenza posted:

how many people do we need anyway?

3-4 more will do.

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole
It'll be more fun with more Capitanos, also if we can get those from the regular mafia crew it'll give a nice auspol/non-auspol split.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

busb posted:

This doesn't apply to me BTW.

phew. i was getting mad jealous.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Where are the dudes and dudettes brave enough to Mafia?

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
I would like to play.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I will play but I insist on my busy work schedule inhibits my revision ability and post count.

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole
Bene. This is enough. Okay because the format is so different we will be holding a ##rehearsal over the weekend, the game will start proper Monday.

Anyone who's going to be around and wants to play the tutorial over the weekend say ##rehearsal it'll give you an edge in the game proper!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##rehearsal

doesn't seem trey Italiano imo

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
Is there room for one more?

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

Kitiara posted:

Is there room for one more?

More the merrier.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

##prova

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

##rehearsal

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

##rehearsal

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I'm out today folks, good rehearsing.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Hey mod. My weekend is packed. Rather than rehearse can you send me an elaborate PM when it suits you.

No worries.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##rehearsal why not

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Anidav posted:

Hey mod. My weekend is packed. Rather than rehearse can you send me an elaborate PM when it suits you.

No worries.

Same. If this does kick off this week though and I survive till Wednesday I'll get to play while under the influence of some fairly heavy pain medication so that will be fun.

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole
Currently rehearsing:

- Birdstrike
- MMM Whatchya Say
- Bifauxnen
- Hal Incandenza

At least 2 more to start.

Anidav posted:

No worries.

You can read the rules in the op and follow the rehearsal but I'm not sending you a special set of rules.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

##rehersal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Avanti, avanti! Cantiamo tutti qua to!

• Locked thread