Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
How long does the captain have to nominate their rival?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

busb posted:

How long does the captain have to nominate their rival?

You'll have time. You have until voting starts, so if you haven't nominated by the time the first pulcinella is voted in, you miss out.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Okay let's find some fabulous Mafiosi

This is the sort of stuff someone does to try and cut off cases made against them.

"oh what? You're just voting me because of the anime thing, oh what a real stretch! "

And then they befriend their accuser saying" well I guess you can't be scum because you wouldn't expose yourself like that i guess, so who else do you think is scum? "

I just solved this game.

You're all welcome.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Riiiiiiiight

You know, last game, when I was scum, you know what my biggest tell was? That no one was calling me scum except for an isolated voice when it was too late.

If you guys just don't want to let yourselves get fooled again by the crafty Bif, and you're honestly fearful townies believing I'm the scum threat, you know a much more pro-town play would be to let me sell out all my scumbros first, for that town cred I crave so much :v:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

people not calling me scum is when i'm scum, ergo you all calling me scum means i'm not.

uhuh.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

vote busb because i doubt krell will get up today, hopefully tomorrow

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
La Biffa, scumma mama

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
vote busb lets make something happen

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Alright, voting busb because I want the day to progress.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Is there like actually a case to be made here or is it just preemptive "Bif sounds dodgy cause of X" where X equals the set of all known arguments, including but not limited to:

- being too serious D1
- joking around too much D1
- giving a reason for anything
- bandwaggoning
- not bandwaggoning

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole
IL CAPITANO

Busb: 7/8 votes

Harold Krell: 3/8 votes

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole
BUSB IS NOW IL CAPITANO

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Is there like actually a case to be made here or is it just preemptive "Bif sounds dodgy cause of X" where X equals the set of all known arguments, including but not limited to:

- being too serious D1
- joking around too much D1
- giving a reason for anything
- bandwaggoning
- not bandwaggoning

hmmmmmmm

Beetphyxious posted:

This is the sort of stuff someone does to try and cut off cases made against them.

"oh what? You're just voting me because of the anime thing, oh what a real stretch! "

And then they befriend their accuser saying" well I guess you can't be scum because you wouldn't expose yourself like that i guess, so who else do you think is scum? "

I just solved this game.

You're all welcome.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

This is old hat Beet and I am so over it, instead of pointing out that this is the classic slapfight thing rather than the anime thing, I'm just going to agree with your strategy. Congratulations! It is now indeed the anime thing! I will keep posting JoJos out of spite and hope this will create speedy pro-town cooperation to get the roles and lynch all ready, far more effectively than any more earnest attempts I could make.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yeah you did need a different play than the usual get townie on side. that's a nice one.

no jojos plz

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Just look at these beautiful motherfuckers

[tMG]http://i.imgur.com/hh4yUEN.jpg[/tIMG]

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

Bifauxnen posted:

Quoting so no ninja edit.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
vote Krell dottore

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

not even phoneposting will stop me!

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole
IL DOTTORE

Harold Krell: 1/8 votes

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

vote Krell dottore

yep

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

cracking under pressure i see.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Noice.

I'd like to hear from posters who haven't checked in yet before i declare.

Current rival options:
Exakt: I felt his krell vote was a scum move thinking "Better Krell is captain than busb" as scum know i am town. (of course this is a personal view as i am the only one that knows i'm town but w/e)
Bif: As above to some degree, with some one sided joke interaction with Krell that sounded a bit awkward initially
Anidav: would make a good rival for me as i hate anime.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i am happy for a Krell dottore, but will hold off voting for now to give me a bit of time.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##vote linciare la biffa

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

busb posted:

i am happy for a Krell dottore, but will hold off voting for now to give me a bit of time.

Keep in mind a rival is more someone else who can drop the hammer, it does not necessarily have to be someone you disagree with.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
I'm gonna go back to the start. I'm already forgetting the rules. Gonna make notes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

The rules are we vote in three people and then we can sorta play as usual except without votefinder.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Harold Krell for dottore

Sorry I'm a bit absent folks. Running around doing 10 things at once down in Hobart. Tomorrow/Thursday will likely be worse but I'll improve steadily

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole
IL DOTTORE

Harold Krell: 3/8 votes

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Harold Krell: voice of reason?!

vote Krell for Il Dottore

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Works for me. vote Krell. He was just so happy about Mafia, I want him to have an important role today.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I'm gonna vote linciare exakto if he doesn't reopen his game soon

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
Sorry for checking in so late. Very happy to be in the game!

I don't have any reads so far, since it has mostly been fooling around. Out of everyone in busb's list though, I'd like to vote Krell . I might be discriminating based on his moniker, but I think I'd love to hear a bit more from him.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

uhhhh

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

SKY COQ posted:

Harold Krell for dottore

Sorry I'm a bit absent folks. Running around doing 10 things at once down in Hobart. Tomorrow/Thursday will likely be worse but I'll improve steadily

I hate to break it to you, but tomorrow is Wednesday :(. Thursday will be really busy for me too, but I should be able to be around a lot more after. I'll still try though!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
vote Krell

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole
IL DOTTORE

Harold Krell: 7/8 votes

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."