Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korthal
May 26, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
My Gamerscore is 297,042,069.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

My Gamerscore is 297,042,069.

*inhales deeply* interesting blend

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i dont know mine

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

No matter if you guy/girl or whatever, Cheevos impress people. It's almost like saying 'Well, I got tons of Cheevos. There are tons of people online that are interested and respect me."

You might be thinking 'Oh that's complete BS, I personally don't care about Cheevos when dating'.
And yeah, you are probably telling the truth, but it's in your sub-concious. Sort of like how girls always like the bad guy, but never admit it.

Braggin about your Cheevos sometimes makes you look conceited, but that's a good thing. It like how celebraties look conceited because they're rolling VIP into clubs and you're stuck in line.

'Brewer' asks 'What happens if you're cheevo talking at a bar, club or party and someone says they have more cheevos that you?'
Well, hopefully they are just hating and are lying. First look up their score with your cellphone, make sure you have a page bookmarked where you can check. If you catch them in a lie, you look even better.
If they are telling the truth and have more Cheevos than you, leave. Nothing else you can do. Buy the person a drink and leave, unless you're willing to look 2nd best. If you brought a date, odds are she's going to be impressed with the higher gamer score and ditch you. Get out as soon as you can and go to some other party.
I've heard many females that have over 100k complain that they have a limited dating pool because they don't want to date down. This could get very complicated. You might want to have a one night stand with someone of Bboy360's looks, but it's another thing to show up at E3 holding hands with someone that only has 20k Cheevos. I'd try to find something that will make up for the lack of cheevos like being a reality star or something.
I've made a equation I'm still working on to help with dating on your level:
Points = (Cheevos * 2) + youtube views + social media fans(myspace, facebook) + (breakdance skill leve(1-10) * 50,000)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
it ends in a 9. the rest is irrelevant

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Mine's 42069.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

mine's 5,318,008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't have a Gamerscore

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I don't have a Gamerscore
Here lies In Training, he never scored.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Im "lvl 10" on PSN with 5 platinum trophys

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

Im "lvl 10" on PSN with 5 platinum trophys
what games did you plat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Level 12 with 2 plats here (VLR and Dark Souls 2)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's weird that a visual novel gives you a platinum trophy for reading the whole thing.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

It's weird that a visual novel gives you a platinum trophy for reading the whole thing.

danganronpa is one of mine so im ok with it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

I laughed.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

My Gamerscore is pretty low and I've never platinumed a game either. Achievements/trophies are fun when they pop up but I don't really go out of my way for them.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
F

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I've had women literally walk away from me in bars because I padded my gamerscore with the likes of Ghostbusters the Video Game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Average Bear posted:

I've had women literally walk away from me in bars because I padded my gamerscore with the likes of Ghostbusters the Video Game.

i have 1000 points in Disney Sing It

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

elf help book posted:

i have 1000 points in Disney Sing It

Stay safe, gamer.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

My Gamerscore is pretty low and I've never platinumed a game either. Achievements/trophies are fun when they pop up but I don't really go out of my way for them.

i only go out of my way if the achievement seems cool to do. like the one for climbing to the top of the main building in crackdown and jumping off and surviving was cool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
do steam achievements count?

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Ahundredbux posted:

do steam achievements count?

Do they give you points you can use to show how much more of a gamer you are than another person?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Achievements

though I don't know if that's achievements I have actually unlocked lmbo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only game I've got 100% steam achievements is Portal 2 I think.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I really like that PS4 lets you see % of game owners who have gotten a trophy (idk if Xbox does too). Guilty Gear Xrd - SIGN - has an achievement for turning on the game for the first time and like 6% of people who bought the game don't have it.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I really like that PS4 lets you see % of game owners who have gotten a trophy (idk if Xbox does too). Guilty Gear Xrd - SIGN - has an achievement for turning on the game for the first time and like 6% of people who bought the game don't have it.

This was really interesting with bloodborne. As you go from boss to boss the % decreases at an almost predictable rate

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Benny D posted:

This was really interesting with bloodborne. As you go from boss to boss the % decreases at an almost predictable rate

My understanding is that developers have always had access to that information, which is why you always get a chievy when finishing levels or chapters, because they wanted to track how many people were actually finishing heir game and when they stopped. Glad everybody has access to that info now

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

there aren't enuff good games to get a gamer score of more than like 20

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just looked and 40% of people who own Ground Zeroes haven't even triggered the second cutscene in the game.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I just looked and 40% of people who own Ground Zeroes haven't even triggered the second cutscene in the game.
But the first cutscene... is 69 hours long!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

But the first cutscene... is 69 hours long!

Lol. But seriously, it's about 6 minutes followed by maybe 15 minutes of gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Lol. But seriously, it's about 6 minutes followed by maybe 15 minutes of gameplay.
Maybe they're playing it at the same rate I'm playing MGS.

• Locked thread