Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gaz-L posted:

She has to turn, to be honest. I mean, who do they have as a top heel for the division? Billie Kay? Mandy Rose?

Depends on how they want to use Daria but I could see her as more of a Lesnar-style tweener.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Gaz-L posted:

I'm expecting Joe to drop and hit the main roster, followed by Roode beating Shinsuke for the belt in like 8 weeks and Nakamura to win the Rumble. (I hope)

Shinsuke Nakamura will not win the next Royal Rumble unless Vince McMahon drops dead before January. And even then I wouldn't put good odds on it.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Nakamura won't be on the main roster in January

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

oatgan posted:

Nakamura won't be on the main roster in January
I can't wait to hear Dave talk about how he should be on the main roster every two months

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Glad to see more Eric Young in NXT. He seems like a cool guy, and now I can care about him since he's not in TNA.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Beautiful Ninja posted:

NXT - Where former TNA World Champions go to get a steady paycheck.

Its looking that way but im not mad at it. TNA sucks but I always felt like most of their roster could work, it was just everything around them was poo poo. You bring these guys in now at the twilight of their careers to work with the green boys, and they can get more exposure for themselves and hey, could strike lightning with something. At the very worst youve given a half dozen grizzled vet Orlando workers their best pay in years and we should take care of our veterans god bless

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/766848080591192065

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Is there a taping in the hour before Takeover tonight?

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

RealFoxy posted:

The whole Space Zombie Clown Nazi thing started as an intimidating tactic against one of her opponents (It started off as just clown paint) and just kept getting more elaborate. God knows what it would look like at this point if she hadn't been signed to NXT.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

St Evan Echoes posted:

Is there a taping in the hour before Takeover tonight?

my tickets say show's at 7:30 and doors are 6, so they'll probably do at least a couple matches? though it's weird they haven't been announced or anything like they were last year; they may just be dark matches or even CWC showcase matches (what with a ton of the CWC talent being in town for the EVOLVE show today)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

wow the NXT TakeOver StubHub prices are loving CRASHING, seats in my row are now $50 and I paid $150 for 'em :negative:

Consider upgrading now if you've got upper bowl, lower bowl at Barclays is so much better

upper bowls are now like $15-25 which is below face, some botters got real hosed on this one

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 20, 2016

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I'm front row of the upper bowl, but yeah I might upgrade. Where can a person go to print things though? Do Internet cafes still exist?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

hotel lobbies

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
How the hell did prices drop that fast? Did scalpers overplay their hand again?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/766426629182746624

apparently on the conference call a couple days ago Triple H said there'd be only two matches on the preshow, so should actually start at 7:30. Maybe we'll see some CWC action?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

St Evan Echoes posted:

I'm front row of the upper bowl, but yeah I might upgrade. Where can a person go to print things though? Do Internet cafes still exist?

Libraries.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

if anyone's upgrading to lower bowl and wants to hang out next to me and my roommate: http://www.stubhub.com/wwe-tickets-...ank=7&byo_qty=1

(I'll have a Finn Balor shirt [unless I change into the Asuka shirt I'm gonna try to buy] and a black hat with an ESC key-looking logo on it)

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
How do you upgrade? Through stubhub, or at the venue?

edit: I don't know why I'm even asking; checked the seating chart again and my seats are better than i remembered :)

Vertigo Ambrosia fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Aug 20, 2016

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

by upgrade I mean "buy new tickets on StubHub and try to sell your old ones (almost-certainly at a loss)"

also there are people on /r/squaredcircle straight-up giving away nosebleeds that they can't move on stubhub

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

abraham linksys posted:

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/766426629182746624

apparently on the conference call a couple days ago Triple H said there'd be only two matches on the preshow, so should actually start at 7:30. Maybe we'll see some CWC action?

If it's anything like last year's Brooklyn, the episode the next week will be the two pre-show matches and then video packages filling out the hour.

Totally skippable, in other words.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

hey last year's pretaped matches gave us what was, afaik, the first straight-up botched ending/wrong person getting the pin ending of a match in the last few years, so that was good. they restarted the match and edited it for TV though :v:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

abraham linksys posted:

hey last year's pretaped matches gave us what was, afaik, the first straight-up botched ending/wrong person getting the pin ending of a match in the last few years, so that was good. they restarted the match and edited it for TV though :v:

Nope, it aired unedited on TV. Complete with the ref telling Emma "you won, look happy."

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJV3pN2Btgx/

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 20, 2016

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.

Gaz-L posted:

I'm expecting Joe to drop and hit the main roster, followed by Roode beating Shinsuke for the belt in like 8 weeks and Nakamura to win the Rumble. (I hope)

I expect the opposite -- Joe wins and continues being the veteran mainstay on NXT, Nakamura shows up on SmackDown in a few weeks. They're paying Nak too much to keep him in developmental for a year.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
People on Reddit are theorizing that Nakamura's theme will be played live tonight, which, of course, would rule

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJVvE-LBLLk/

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SHIMMERwomen/status/767095476243996672

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Benne posted:

How the hell did prices drop that fast? Did scalpers overplay their hand again?

Must've. Seats I paid $50 for on the presale are now going for $6. Maybe next year I should wait for the prices to crash first?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I'm in line to get in and I just saw Face gently caress Me girl.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Professor Funk posted:

People on Reddit are theorizing that Nakamura's theme will be played live tonight, which, of course, would rule

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJVvE-LBLLk/

Also guarantees he'll lose! But I've always thought he would lose this one anyway--then he'll win a rematch after getting more serious. Joe has looked like kind of a chump in the buildup, too much for me to see them actually following through.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

AlmightyPants posted:

Must've. Seats I paid $50 for on the presale are now going for $6. Maybe next year I should wait for the prices to crash first?
Personally, I wouldn't chance it, but that's just me

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/BennettWWE/status/766950700622413824
https://twitter.com/BennettWWE/status/766951545720205317

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
I would be down for the old TNA guys to try and "takeover" NXT and build up new NXT stars by giving them meaningful wins. Even thou it was Curt Hawkins, it was important that Sami Zayn beat Curt and Ceasro the same night as his debut.

Cien Alamas needs an established move set and some kind of catch phrase for the Full Sail crowd; they don't know what or when to cheer him. Ever WWE guy needs 5 moves of doom :shrug:

I liked Daria with the cornrows and the psych-out punches when she got in the ring. NXT is doing a fine job replacing the women's division so far but most of those girls need a few dozen more matches before they could even remotely be legit competition to a Bayley or Asuka. Unless they debut someone new or pull the trigger on one of the Aussie ladies and build them like a monster, no one is close to Asuka and would be more an unbelievable victory than Bo Dallas over Big E.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

No Luck Needed posted:

I liked Daria with the cornrows and the psych-out punches when she got in the ring. NXT is doing a fine job replacing the women's division so far but most of those girls need a few dozen more matches before they could even remotely be legit competition to a Bayley or Asuka. Unless they debut someone new or pull the trigger on one of the Aussie ladies and build them like a monster, no one is close to Asuka and would be more an unbelievable victory than Bo Dallas over Big E.

Ember Moon, probably.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/767164839026237441

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Mary is a totally wonderful person and I'm happy she's been signed :)

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

RealFoxy posted:

Mary is a totally wonderful person and I'm happy she's been signed :)

I am all in for this, get her on my TV (monitor)

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Is Takeover not up on the network for replay yet? :confused:

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

someone get me the gifs of her doublekneeing Alexa in the face on a crossbody, and then Alexa giving her a loving receipt, tia

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Sports Argument Stadium > Rowdy Ringsports > WWE NXT Discussion & GDT: HIT ME IN THE FACE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

No Roddy in the crowd, F-

• Locked thread