Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Was the ppv really good or typical goon overreaction? I know I need to see the main.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Bigass Moth posted:

Was the ppv really good or typical goon overreaction? I know I need to see the main.
The tag match, the women's match, and the main are all worth watch.

GarCiamp vs The Revival is probably the best Tag-Team match in NXT so far
Bayley/Asuka II is probably the best women's match since Bayley/Sasha

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Bigass Moth posted:

All of the title matches were good. Tag match was match of the night.

The other 3 matches were fine with Aries/No Way Jose being my favorite of the 3. It was a pretty good show for sure. Takeover Dallas had stronger peaks but this was a more solid show throughout.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The crowd was pretty dead for Ember Moon's match until the finish, which they popped huge for

Bobby Roode needs a better finish than the pump handle slam, it looks weak and no one would ever buy him beating a top guy with it. Like could you imagine Shinsuke being put away with a loving pump handle slam my God

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

St Evan Echoes posted:

The crowd was pretty dead for Ember Moon's match until the finish, which they popped huge for

Bobby Roode needs a better finish than the pump handle slam, it looks weak and no one would ever buy him beating a top guy with it. Like could you imagine Shinsuke being put away with a loving pump handle slam my God

He doesn't even pantomime butt loving his opponent like road dogg did 5/10

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Roode wasn't great in the ring in my opinion, he had this real 00's WWE feel to him. But his entrance makes up for it, and Cien looks pretty good. They're really going for a Reign of Terror HHH sort of thing with him.

Bayley/Asuka was very good, Tag match was unreal with Revival having heel tag wrestling down to a science, and Joe/Nakamura was ugly but still engaging. The ugliness kind of worked even.

Show was great overall though. The presentation of NXT is so much better than WWE's main show style. It's more concise and nothing feels truly throwaway.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Aug 21, 2016

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Shinsuke motherfucker is the coolest Nakamura on Earth.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Go RV! posted:

someone get me the gifs of her doublekneeing Alexa in the face on a crossbody, and then Alexa giving her a loving receipt, tia

She may have been signed before that match or shortly after. People knew about Dobson for months but she didn't want it out there and people feared trolls digging into her past so they sat on it.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Kawalimus posted:

Revival having heel tag wrestling down to a science

They really do and until watching that match I don't think I had quite enough respect for their skills. The match psychology was just spectacular. I'm trying pretty hard and I honestly can't come up with a better heel team in recent memory on any roster. New Day had a great heel run but I feel like their work mostly came down to the 3-on-2 numbers game where the third man (usually Xavier) cheated to give New Day a win. It was cool and good, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't what Dash & Dawson bring to the table. They are heel to the bone and work the gently caress out of it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I wonder if Ciampa turns on Gargano at the CWC tapings and not on NXT.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
I don't see why he would. They don't really bring back competitors after they're defeated in any capacity.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
This is the one time I hope the obvious turn is filed under "plans changed" because Gargano/Ciampa is a great tag team and their finisher is death.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Yeah I don't think turning Ciampa makes much sense considering they've already had about the best match they can have already.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah I don't think turning Ciampa makes much sense considering they've already had about the best match they can have already.

I think you're selling them short!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

St Evan Echoes posted:

If you are going to have a finisher named the Glory Bomb, you should do a modified Gory Bomb or something.

Also I think the Revival should legit be the front runners for Tag Team of the year

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
I was so pleased with the Ppv, especially the tag title and Asuka/Bayley matches, that I was unprepared for the initial joy and crushing disappointment of the Australian tour city list. I want to see the vanilla midget Ole and Arn live, drat it!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I really fuckin love Samoa Joe's theme song

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
*rushes into thread, visibly sweating*

Bobby Roode should have a submission finisher called the Glory Hold.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Her Dryer posted:

*rushes into thread, visibly sweating*

Bobby Roode should have a submission finisher called the Glory Hold.
yes

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I went to the first page of this thread to grab the OP for the new thread I'm posting tomorrow and lol

beggar posted:

Mentioned this in passing in the WWE thread, but I was very intrigued by the new Elias Samson character, "The Drifter".

His acoustic playing is suprisingly decent, and he had lyrics running down the easiest target in history, the Jacksonville Jaguars, in an in ring interview segment generating a ton of heat. I've seen him before in-ring and he is kinda cookie cutter WWE as far as that goes, but this modern, realistic version of Honky Tonk Man could have legs. Full Sail would probably poo poo all over it and chant over anything he would try to however.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I haven't watched NXT since the last Takeover but why does every non-established NXT talent look like they came from 1995 WWF? No Way Jose, Athena getting repackaged with red contacts, the weird Kobra Moon ripoff, the giant muscle guy in red suspenders/fedora.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

AMReese posted:

I don't see why he would. They don't really bring back competitors after they're defeated in any capacity.

That isn't true. There will be non-tournament matches with knocked out competitors at the next CWC taping.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
So is Samoa Joe ok or what?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Beautiful Ninja posted:

NXT - Where former TNA World Champions go to get a steady paycheck.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
I liked the show from top to bottom, but I'm pretty sure I heard the ref repeatedly mention the time remaining in both singles title matches. I think I heard him tell Joe and Nakamura to go home, too. I usually notice the wrestlers talking but tend to shut out the refs pretty easily, so this was kinda jarring and took me out of the matches a bit.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

keevo posted:

So is Samoa Joe ok or what?

PWI says it appears to be a work.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

e: this isnt the summerslam thread

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I'm rewatching the tag match and it's my favorite match of the year. Yes, better than whatever you're thinking of.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

oatgan posted:

I think you're selling them short!

No I don't mean to do that. I'm just saying that match was real great.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

abraham linksys posted:

I went to the first page of this thread to grab the OP for the new thread I'm posting tomorrow and lol

Man I had hope.

beggar posted:

It was real weird and cool to see a yoked out dude playing guitar on the side of a florida armory as fans came in to see an nxt show; never acknowledged, then at a show months later have him come down the aisle wearing the same poo poo playing the same chords (maybe that is all he knows, but on his debut didn't he improv a solo while they dubbed his theme music over it?) and after about 60 seconds of standing in the ring and playing his tune, he started singing about how bad the Jaguars sucked (we were in jacksonville and it was extremely good) then No Way Jose came in and beat him up and danced.

Somewhere along the way they really hosed it up, but I had some high drat hopes for the drifter.

e: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3732234&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post448006555 my Drifter post from last summer all the way back on page 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
new thread! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3787389

• Locked thread