Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Yeah, I never expected Breeze to get anywhere beyond midcarder or occasional US/IC champ, but that's totally fine. The 80s and Attitude Era both had tremendous midcard wrestlers filling out the cards. Not everyone has to be a main eventer or a jobber, despite the current booking philosophy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Baby Babbeh posted:

There's no way Breeze rises far above midcard comedy heel with that gimmick, and because the main roster doesn't do nuance as well as NXT, I think it's more likely he ends up the next Fandango. (Granted, Fandango was getting way over before WWE panicked and took away everything that made him remotely interesting, like they do when the crowd starts to get behind anyone not being actively pushed.)

I still think Breeze and Fandango could be an amazing tag team. Of course the key would be getting a push and not languishing in the midcard, but they've got the combined talent and charisma to put on some really fun matches.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Oh I agree. I kind of wish they gave midcarders something to DO in WWE, though. Like I don't think that everyone needs to be in contention for the top belt, but it seems like there's only ever 3 actually storylines going on at any one time, and if you're NOT in one of those then you're dicking around in nothing matches to fill time and if you do get a storyline it's an afterthought that's dropped the instant the company loses interest. I love goofy midcard characters, but WWE makes it really hard to care.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

sticklefifer posted:

I still think Breeze and Fandango could be an amazing tag team. Of course the key would be getting a push and not languishing in the midcard, but they've got the combined talent and charisma to put on some really fun matches.

I'm down with this if they are named Pretty Weird and their finisher is called Last Tango in Cutesville

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

At NXT Miami and Uhaa is in the first match hell yeah.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

At NXT Miami and Uhaa is in the first match hell yeah.

And he's going by Uhaa Nation!

Also, Tye Dillinger is FINALLY breaking through. The Perfect Ten is such a good gimmick, and he's just too drat good to languish any longer not having a spot on TV. He absolutely stole the show tonight.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

tyler breeze would be fine as a midcarder if there was still a midcard

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I saw Uhaa at Largo a couple weeks ago. Really basic stuff in the opening match, but he looked good doing it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

tyler breeze would be fine as a midcarder if there was still a midcard

the entire promotion is midcard what are you talking about

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

E: now that I think about it, everythings been shifted down, part timers are the main event, top guys are midcarders, and everyone else is nothing

Beef Jerky Robot fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jul 25, 2015

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
They ran their first show in a larger venue with the higher $100 ringside seating pricing:
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0724/598685/wwe-nxt-live-event-results/

Sasha Banks was all over the advertising but wasn't there she worked a WWE Live Event. Neither was Becky, Charlotte, Corbin, Enzo & Cass.

A very over Balor headlined versus Samoa Joe.

https://twitter.com/godfree/status/624776633048805377
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/624762984695513088

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Nerokerubina posted:

guys who are career midcarders are fine. not everyone is a potential face of the company just because NXT happened to have like 3-4 of those at once

he's in luck, because with WWE booking, everyone is a career midcarder with the exception of John Cena. The upper card is a drat myth, like Shell Beach, the cake, and an entertaining Wade Barrett match.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Slay a bit

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Yeah this was the match of the night for me too. I thought Joe looked fantastic. Much better cardio and a more diverse move set. The new music helped a lot. Finn came out in the leather jacket and Armani trunks.

Eva Marie was a big surprise too. Good for her for working house shows but she's still robotic as hell.

Edit: Uhaa's music is badass https://vine.co/v/eginlnUK6m6

is pepsi ok fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 25, 2015

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

rovert posted:

They ran their first show in a larger venue with the higher $100 ringside seating pricing:
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0724/598685/wwe-nxt-live-event-results/

Sasha Banks was all over the advertising but wasn't there she worked a WWE Live Event. Neither was Becky, Charlotte, Corbin, Enzo & Cass.

A very over Balor headlined versus Samoa Joe.

https://twitter.com/godfree/status/624776633048805377
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/624762984695513088

Wasn't really a larger venue at all. The "fieldhouse" was roughly the same size as most of the armories they run. The largest section was maybe 8-10 rows deep. They did charge way more than usual for it, however.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Fart Radio posted:

Wasn't really a larger venue at all. The "fieldhouse" was roughly the same size as most of the armories they run. The largest section was maybe 8-10 rows deep. They did charge way more than usual for it, however.

Yeah that's not the actual "Bank United Center" but the practice court. TNA ran the actual arena when they had Lockdown there a few years ago for Samoa Joe falling through the mat.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Was this the first week Samoa Joe had that new music? I never noticed it before.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Ribsauce posted:

Was this the first week Samoa Joe had that new music? I never noticed it before.

Yeah, it was definitely new this week.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

supposedly uhaa's theme http://www.mediafire.com/listen/yqqt5f27hj1ga6v/Uhaa2_Ready.mp3

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

I don't mind the verses or the beat but the chorus is awful

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

yep, sounds like what i heard last night.

Also, in jobber news, Angelo Dawkins is trying a new gimmick. It's pretty much an MVP knockoff.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Nice to see whoever composed Uhaa's theme chose a beat that facilitates U-HAA chants.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

great theme

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

It's no Dschingis Khan, but what would be?

Interesting that he hasn't been renamed yet

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Awesome as gently caress.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!
uhaa's theme is a good theme in a vaccuum but it screams "black guy with a midcardy ceiling". it's MVP's theme, it's big e's theme, it's shelton benjamin's theme, and on and on

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

trade uhaa and hideos themes

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

epitasis posted:

trade uhaa and hideos themes

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Bring back Big E's NXT theme. I don't care who you give it to.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
According to Meltzer, Canyon Ceman was with Regal (and Seth Rollins) at PWG last night. Wonder if that means they're making the final call on whether or not to offer Johnny Gargano a contract or if they were scouting someone else, Trevor Lee maybe?

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Exactly, Hideo NEEDS to be coming out to rap.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
ohhhhnooooooo

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Bobby Dutch is getting rehired!

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

DM Punk posted:

Bobby Dutch is getting rehired!

Honestly hes a very good wrestler now, I didn't see him when he was in developmental though.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

deadkiller615 posted:

Honestly hes a very good wrestler now, I didn't see him when he was in developmental though.

you hear so much about how much everyone liked him that was in there with him at the time. but that doesnt really say anything about his ability. he is pretty good now, however.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Grozz Nuy posted:

According to Meltzer, Canyon Ceman was with Regal (and Seth Rollins) at PWG last night. Wonder if that means they're making the final call on whether or not to offer Johnny Gargano a contract or if they were scouting someone else, Trevor Lee maybe?

Tryin' to get best wrestler in the world TOZAWAAAAA.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Fart Radio posted:

you hear so much about how much everyone liked him that was in there with him at the time. but that doesnt really say anything about his ability. he is pretty good now, however.

He gave Candice an insane black hole slam, he must have rotated at least three times before planting her. Probably not especially difficult since she weighs like 100 pounds, but it looked awesome.

Also, everyone flips out when he does a Destroyer because you just don't expect a guy that size to be able to do that.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Fart Radio posted:

I think he left more because of DeMott reasons

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Honestly team tremendous would probably get over big time in NXT. They are made for fun TV segments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Uhaa's theme rules. I can't wait for him to show up on TV. I haven't been this hyped for a debut in a long time.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Tryin' to get best wrestler in the world TOZAWAAAAA.

This could actually be remotely true. :stare:

• Locked thread