Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
I've had severe tendonitis of both wrists before, and I take ergonomics very seriously around the house now given the amount of typing I do.

Desk: This isn't much to write home about. It's a pine IKEA desk with decent drawers and lots of surface space. Straight edges since I hate curvy desks or corner units. $200ish. Standing desks are good, but I've found it more beneficial to set a timer and make myself go take a walk instead. I chose this desk specifically because it was the perfect height for me when assembled, requiring little to no ergo adjustments.

Chair: This is the most expensive item in my office. The Steelcase Leap is a super-comfortable ergonomic chair that runs in the vicinity of $550-800 depending on model / add-ons. Phenomenal chair, and easily the second-best furniture purchase I've made in my life (behind getting a good, firm mattress). Since I bought it new from the manufacturer, the warranty basically has me covered for eternity. (It's like 10-15 years or something?)

Keyboard and Mouse: Again, my stuff is heavy on the typing, so this stuff really matters to me. I use a Microsoft Natural 4000 Ergonomic keyboard ($40) and a Logitech M570 ball mouse ($30?) for routine work. For fun time or for more precise work in Photoshop, etc, I also have a Razer Deathadder mouse from back before I went ergo-crazy.

In addition to these, I have two whiteboards on one wall for to-dos, an entire wall covered in flipchart paper so that I can scribble ideas as I come up with them, a cork board for reference materials / etc etc, and a twin bed and lamp so that I can pretend it's really a guestroom and not my secret clubhouse or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread