Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
I own Chrononauts the card game so I'm waaaay into this ;D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Confirmed.

King Burgundy posted:

I love time travel and history. :(

My rewards for completing missions are another story.

Ja, I know how you feel.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Hitler? The lovely artist? Surely you must be joking.

Kumbamontu posted:

are you gonna give up? are you gonna get stronger? are you gonna work harder?
This has my vote for best post this game! I ain't voting Kumbamontu day 1 because of this post and I suggest you all do the same.

Puntification posted:

Who's John Green?
He's the guy who does those Mental Floss videos on youtube - I didn't know he wrote a book though. That may not have happened in my timeline.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Whelp if we're being honest I need 3 patches :P I don't really want to disclose which ones as I have a feeling that much like the card game town may have opposing goals for their timelines and I'd rather avoid town-fights if possible.

As for items I have a Mona Lisa (I mean I'm no art critic but it looks good to me.)

Sadly to get serious the more I think on it a survivor is absolutely bad for the town - there are no rational reasons for them not to start flipping points in the timeline and we don't need more players doing that.

JakeP posted:

what do i do if I am neither town nor scum, but am in fact a survivor instead

Sorry dude;
##Vote JakeP

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

apostateCourier posted:

That's a super lovely vote, yeah. ##vote Kleedrac

Wanna explain how my vote is lovely? Voting for non-town is bad now?!

Mithross posted:

While many of us probably do have partially opposing goals, that doesn't necessarily mean we can't work together and meet some of them, then reverse changes and meet others. You can flip a linchpin back after patching a point, to fix things.

In other words, we should work together to achieve our goals, or at least the goals of people we think are town. Being secretive is more likely to cause us to trample over each others goals. The only real problem with being open is that it makes people who are about to (or have already) completed their goals a target for the nk.

Fair enough - I don't wanna be secretive but my timeline involves 3 patches and gives me a boon but nothing as great as an investigation or something.

On the other hand if I can get my hands on a brontosaurus, jade statue, and crown made of thorns I can do some fun poo poo :)

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
I'm seriously confused - somehow it's a scum tactic to lynch a third party player?! You people make no loving sense this game.

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

Apparently I missed when that got updated...

Kleedrac can I have your Mona Lisa?

Sure thing - I'll PM it in now.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Puntification posted:

Is this a joke vote because it seems like incredibly flimsy logic to base a vote on.

Also Kleedrac answer my question please thanks.

Yes, it is my policy to lynch anyone who isn't town. I'm not sure why it's scummy to lynch not-town players. Especially in this game (and perhaps I'm letting my knowledge of Chrononauts influence my decision) where the timeline is a fragile and the game can end if too many players get too crazy with the timeline, I feel that the town will try to keep the timeline intact and anyone who's not town has no reason to do so. In a regular mafia game a survivor's best bet is to try to win with the town - but in this game if the timeline gets too hosed scum has an easy alt-win. Leaving a claimed survivor who can gently caress the timeline with scum and make an easy alt-win easier alive is a stupid idea as far as I'm concerned.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

JakeP posted:

wow u guyz makin game v easy for scums to vote on me

im glad at least that I gave away my valuable artifct before i will die, and anon narc can feel shame for voting me completely based on setup spec (or is scum who knows)

You're not town! I don't give a gently caress who's voting for you as you are not on my team! Stop trying to make it look like it's not a good play to get rid of you.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

chaoslord posted:

Are you aware of what a survivor is besides that they are 3p?

They win with whoever right? Like am I missing something here? Why wouldn't we kill the guy who's not on our team?

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

chaoslord posted:

How does lynching the claimed survivor help us win the game?

Said another way, every non-scum player that dies gets the remaining scum team closer to winning. You're effectively giving scum a free night kill.

If you believe Jake to be scum or a serial killer instead, that's one thing. But deciding that you believe his claim AND that he should be the lynch is choosing to avoid scum hunting and is acting against the best interest of town, IMO. It's a waste of a lynch if he is telling the truth because we are giving up the major tool we have to fight scum for ~policy reasons~.

This is actually very rational and I didn't think of this before. I really am concerned about the timeline in this game but if Jake is willing to survive and leave the timeline alone I'm fine with him staying;
##Unvote

Mithross posted:

I want to be clear: there isn't a "typical" survivor in Chrononauts, there is just a character who can win if the timeline is paradox'd out (because he owns a storefront outside of time.) I had anticipated him being the survivor.

That said, Squa Tront makes some sense, if you look up the reference. And it's obscure enough to make it less likely he's faking that part, at least.

This seems to be the scum alt-win condition.

Byers2142 posted:

##vote WWM

This is based on my role PM and what I understand about the game; there seem to be no inherent power roles, just powers gained through play. WWM claimed an inherent one-shot.

I'm still unsure on WWM - a game with an all vanilla town before conditions get met would favor the scumteam IMHO so I'm not overly shocked if some townies have powers - the idea of unlimited daycops seems brok-den though.

Byers2142 posted:

Kleedrac, why do you feel that town goals should be kept hidden? That comment is really sticking out to me.

If you wanna know my goals I'll spill but honestly it's just not overly amazo as far as rewards go. I'm not trying to hide it I just don't feel it's important. gently caress it my goal is;

1917 - keep the US out of the war
1918 - Europe economy wins
1950 - Seoul goes north

There - no more hidden info - happy now?

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Byers2142 posted:

I'm less interested in what your goals are and more interested in why you assumed you should keep it hidden. The intention behind that statement.

I didn't want a townie slapfight over "But I wanted 1917 to stay as it was!" or "I wanted the other patch on 1950" or any other dumb poo poo. Does that make sense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Geez this game got crazy. I'll try to be more active this afternoon but right now I have a few thoughts.

RE: Mithross: Saying that he is spending a lot of time talking mechanics and not alignment seems nonsensical. We are all talking mechanics and I am making a lot of judgement calls on the people who seem to wanna destroy the timeline. Plus the most compelling thing on Mithross is that he put WWM at -1 which if WWM was planning on self-hammering I can't see a scumbro doing if for no other reason than you don't wanna lose on of your own.

RE: AnonNarc:
I've re-read AN's post history several times and she's just not coming off as scummy to me. I'm not seeing what you guys are saying on this sorry.

RE: JakeP:
I still wanna hang you - you're trying to lead town around and it pisses me off because I don't trust you. But since yesterday that opinion got shot down I'm going to leave it alone.

RE: Timeline: I can change 2 lynchpins if we need them - I'll try to watch the timeline closely today and correct issues if too many paradoxes start to appear. Sadly this means I have 0 patches :P

• Locked thread