Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
this looks cool, sign me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
You're a gentlepig and a scholar.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
confirmed that i have received but have not yet read my long rear end role pm

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i am very tired and will try to digest this tomorrow

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

o btw im a survivor so please dont kill me

are you gonna give up? are you gonna get stronger? are you gonna work harder?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i prefer lying down to sitting, myself

Look Under The Rock posted:

Sitting and drinking chilled coffee. I've been making mine in a French press with the contents of a chai teabag thrown in. Add a touch of honey and coconut milk to taste, it's the perfect summer beverage.

this sounds awesome. people at work have recently been sprinkling cinnamon into the grounds before brewing which adds a twist i've not had before

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I have read the OP and my PM like 3 times each and I'm still confused

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i like the cut of kleedrac's jib

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
##vote jakep

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i need a sports almanac from the future and also a thing that no one has yet apparently

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
in a normal game i'd agree with you, but you don't know what kind of tricks he has up his sleeve and it's probably better to be safe than sorry

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

apostateCourier posted:

You can say that about literally any player in the game, though.

well yeah but no one else is claimed not town, so

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
good morning

":words:"

:eyepop:

##vote wwm

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Tbf I didn't know that this game usually has a survivor role in it. Mithross' explanation was actually really helpful.

also yeah this, jake makes more sense now that i know this is a typical thing

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Kleedrac posted:

If you wanna know my goals I'll spill but honestly it's just not overly amazo as far as rewards go. I'm not trying to hide it I just don't feel it's important. gently caress it my goal is;

1917 - keep the US out of the war
1918 - Europe economy wins
1950 - Seoul goes north

There - no more hidden info - happy now?

lol

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Byers2142 posted:

Hold up on that a moment, JakeP. Look at WWM's exit post, emphasis mine:

Now, he was leaving in a huff, doing the self-vote to end the day thing. That means that nothing in the post was done without thought, and unless WWM just hates the scum team completely he'd do everything he could to not implicate his scumbros. In this case, there's no reason to make the comment unless he wants town attention on Kleedrac. It feels like a red herring, an attempt to get a mislynch on Kleedrac today.

I agree with this.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

i can prevent an assassination if anyone needs that

If you could keep JFK alive that'd be pretty sweet

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Mithross posted:

He... he is alive. Like, right now.

gently caress not JFK I meant Lincoln

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Don't they need 13 paradoxes to win like that? It seems odd to be worried about that so early when there's only 3 and still having time healing patches or whatever

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Mithross posted:

Oh, I need that to happen anyway! But if nobody has the patch, I don't want to save him yet.

Yeah actually this, I am apparently stupid and still don't understand this game fully. I need Lincoln to live and someone to patch in President King winning in 1974, not just Lincoln living

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
why not 6 guns? or 10?

why not zoidberg?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I just did a full re-read and I feel pretty strongly about this. ##vote Mithross

It's mostly these:

Mithross posted:

I want to be clear: there isn't a "typical" survivor in Chrononauts, there is just a character who can win if the timeline is paradox'd out (because he owns a storefront outside of time.) I had anticipated him being the survivor.

That said, Squa Tront makes some sense, if you look up the reference. And it's obscure enough to make it less likely he's faking that part, at least.

Mithross posted:

You couldn't have someone drawn and used a patch you don't have, instead of just flipping him? Psh, that's just lazy.

Mithross posted:

I can't see Kleedrac as scum, just for voting a claimed 3p. It's not an optimum strategy, in my opinion, but it is a valid one.

And although I can see why people are skeptical of WWM's claim, I'm skeptical that a scum would try it. They would have to be scumbros, WWM would have to decide to protect Kleedrac openly when he only had three votes on him, and push like crazy.
That or, as scum, defend Kleedrac the townie when he had three votes, then continuously double down badly.

It wouldn't be a scumslip, it would have to be a scum-trip-down-a-flight-of-stairs

The first two aren't scummy in a vacuum, but go back and look at when those happened - it was a few hours after the WWM claim, with WWM and Kleedrac being the most talked about. Something major just happened, and he's clearly reading along since he quoted a post after the claim for his second post, but somehow stays silent and just talks about game mechanics. Then 3 hours later after he and WWM and whoever else enter damage control mode, that last post comes out. Then he puts WWM to -1 when all is basically lost and WWM self-hammers minutes later.

Mithross is scum.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

It would be funny if he was actually scum with WWM, because it means this post becomes a massive insult to his scum bro:

But I'm having a hard time seeing where a scum buddy would put his neck out like that to try and save a sinking ship.

Eh. I've been in that situation before.

"Welp, I hosed up. Drive that bus over me"

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

Exactly my point. Why would he protect his buddy at all at that point?

It's a really easy thing to back away from, which he did when he eventually laid the vote

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
actually he didnt even back away from it. he didnt actually make an alignment call on WWM

Mithross posted:

I'm leaving for work shortly, and it doesn't look like we have any sort of backup lynch. I never know if I'll be able to check in, and if I can check in, if I'll actually have time to make a post while I'm working (especially votes. phoneposting votes takes forever...)

##vote WWM

That's -1

that's the vote, he just did it because there wasn't any alternative. not that that is necessarily a bad thing but everything else combined and just eh

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Byers2142 posted:

To build on that, look at the timing of the final votes and look at WWM's posting. After his claim, his self vote was the very last post he made. I think the fakeclaim was a Hail Mary on his part, Mith tried a soft defense that he could back down from, and when neither worked the scumbros decided to just end it.

Yep that's pretty much where I'm at.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
KB if you don't have a use for that sports almanac can I have it

Doesn't have to be right now but whenever

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, no problem. I'll send the PM now.

:glomp:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

ninja: holy poo poo huge

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I need Hitler flipped but the reward is not very good so I think I'll just beg for the artifacts I need instead cause that reward is actually useful

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I need 1974 patched BUT it's for the same thing that I also need Hitler flipped for which seems like a bad idea, so

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
is Kleedrac new or auspol or smoething

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Anon has not posted enough for me to get a good read on her, and I don't see what LUTR sees in that one post. I think LUTR's continual harping on that one post is way scummier than anything AN has done

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Are you sure you're talking about the right person LUTR because I'm pretty sure AN is generally relatively low volume

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Also you just wrote a fuckton of words about a throwaway 6 word phrase that AN herself may actually believe whether or not you think it's true

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Look Under The Rock posted:

and there is not a single drat reason for a townie Anon to make a post like that.

there isn't a single drat reason for a scum Anon to make a post like that, you're grasping at straws here

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I think the case(s) on Mithross are way better than the case on AN, but so it goes

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Mithross posted:

I want people to look more closely at Kumba:

He starts out the game doing regular joke stuff.

He talks a lot of mechanics, with me in fact, which is apparently bad when I do it, so it should be bad that he did it.

In fact, all of his posts until his case on me are joke posts, votes with no context (just agreeing with whatever is going on), or mechanics talk.

Finally, his case on me consists of two posts I made that didn't talk about WWM or Kleedrac, while it was going on, followed by my post saying I didn't think WWM was pulling a gambit. He was basically just making a "safe" case, his only addition was that I didn't respond immediately to the daycop claim.

After that he makes a couple very bare bones comments on LUTR's casing of Anon, and we're current.

(also, I saved JFK. I said I would yesterday, but what with other stuff coming up I forgot)

Can you quote where I "talked a lot of mechanics with you" because I just read my whole post history and there are a whopping two posts about game mechanics

If you haven't noticed, there isn't poo poo to analyze because most everyone in this game is lurking. By the time I read WWM's big emoticon filled diatribe everyone had already said what I would have said and I wasn't going to reinvent the wheel.

Is this supposed to be a case on me? There's nothing to respond to because you basically just wrote a short summary of my activity. That isn't a case, you just wrote Kumba Cliff Notes.

You don't call me scum, you don't even call me scummy - you just ask people to "look at me" like you want someone else to start a bandwagon you want to hop on, and on top of that it coincidentally is on one of two people who fired at you first. I'm not saying OMGUS is inherently scummy because it isn't, but the speciousness of the case combined with the target and... well, it stinks.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
mafia edit:

Kumbamontu posted:

Can you quote where I "talked a lot of mechanics with you" because I just read my whole post history and there are a whopping two posts about game mechanics

Unless you're counting talking about what items we need and poo poo to patch to fulfill objectives, in which case it isn't even worth bringing up because it's part of the drat game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Mithross posted:

That's what I said, and byers keeps saying it was to pad my post count, as a safe scum topic.

The distinction though is that a lot of your posts are "Here's how Chrononauts works guys" which is very different from "Here's what I need to fulfill my objective"

It's like mafia-dadding in a mafialike... Chronodadding if you will

• Locked thread