Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now
Appreciate this thread, we'll be staying in the 9th arrondissement for 10 nights in late August. Would love any recommendations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

JohnCompany posted:

bathhouse: which end of the 9th are you gonna be in? The area around Opéra/Haussmann is way different from Clichy/SoPi. Some places are gonna be worth the trek and some are more good if you're nearby. As it is, you really need to try Chartier. Not saying it's the absolute best bistro food in Paris, but it's THE classic old French bistro, and cheap. Surly waiters, super traditional menu, the works. Quite an experience.

Chartier looks amazing. Thanks! We are staying around the corner from Folies Bergère (is that worth checking out btw?). Chartier is a 5min walk from our apartment door. I'll research the other suggestions in this thread as well.

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

JohnCompany posted:

EDIT: I just reread and realized you're there in August. Traditionally, French vacations are in August, and what a lot of service places in a neighborhood will do is stagger their two weeks closed around that time (e.g. one bakery will take off the first two weeks, a second the middle, and a third the last). So any particular place might just not be open for the week your there around that time of year.

These places look excellent, we're so excited for this trip! I am kinda bummed we didn't think about the August timing before booking, but with so many great choices we're still going to get so fat. :btroll:

• Locked thread