Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I just noticed this thread, and while I'm no Parisian expert I've been there twice, last spending 3 weeks there in 2014. I'm a poor filthy American, so anyplace I recommend would be inexpensive.

JohnCompany posted:

I always liked La Pomme D'Eve. Was underground near there, on Laplace. Run by a not-sure-if-racist-or-not Afrikaaner, but a really nice guy to me. 5e for full pints of affligem (or krone), the football on, and unlike Bombardier or Hurling Pub, the crowd wasn't American (or worse, English). Le Pantalon was also fun.

Then there was the time we stumbled through the 14th to find this one Canadian pub for a Canuck friend's birthday. Other than that I drank on the river or in Oberkampf.
I've been to both these places. The Pomme is an especially neat bar, architecture-wise. It was built in the 1100s, if I recall. I went there a couple of times with new friends met at the bar I mostly hung out at. It's just north of the Pantheon. Don't remember the name of the Canadian bar, but as I recall it's closer to the Seine on or near the quai. We went there first and then staggered uphill to the Pomme, so it's pretty close to there.

The bar we spent pretty much every night at is called The Pure Malt, it's on Rue Caron right by the St Paul metro station. Owned by a Scotsman named Shep, he does bartending on the weekdays and his relief guy is Matthieu. Both great guys. You get a mostly English-speaking crowd. It's a tiny little hole in the wall, but everyone there was really friendly and fun.

We stayed in the Marais right on the Place St. Catherine, and it's a tiny little square ringed by restaurants. We tried them all and by far the best was la Marche. It had a cameo appearance in the Bourne Identity. Get the goat cheese stuffed chicken breast, it's only like 12 euro.

Drunk and hungry? Go get fuckin' Pizza Momo. You will not be disappointed. It's right on the Rue Rivoli just east of the metro stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread