Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
I've found all the interview segments so far to be great, with the ensuing improv ranging from serviceable but dull to literally making me cry laughing in public. For some reason, Matt Gourley hasn't performed very well in any of his appearances, which is unfathomable to me since he's a delight on every other show and this should be him in his element, but alas. It's a show with so much variety to it that everyone seems to love and hate different parts of it. For example, I can't stand the ads at all and I have to skip all of them because they'll ruin the show for me, and I think Paul's meandering pre-interview musings almost always outstay their welcome, but I've also seen people say they love those parts.

If anyone hasn't listened at all or only gave one episode a shot didn't find it to their liking, I'd strongly recommend checking out the interview and improv parts of a few random episodes (particularly any with Chris Tallman as his appearances seem unanimously beloved so far) and see if you don't find something to love, because I'd be surprised if you didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
I will agree that it was the least interesting interview yet, but all the previous interview guests have been performers of some sort, while Raphael is primarily a writer. Paul has a certain rapport with his fellow actors, comedians and musicians, so I expected a different vibe from this one and I'm just glad it turned out pretty good.

I thought it was amusing that Mark McConville used "My wife!" from Borat as an example of something that you'd be embarrassed you taught a parrot to say years later when the host of another show on the same network has only recently realized how embarrassing it is to parrot that catchphrase.

• Locked thread