Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Hey Dolores.

What is it, Mitch?

Have you heard about that new Earwolf podcast that came out in April?

Mitch, we are currently being circled by a gang of angry bikers because you bumped into a bike, causing a domino effect. I don't think this is the time nor place to talk about it.

It's called Spontaneanation with Paul F. Tompkins. Each week, the lovely Paul F. Tompkins interviews a variety of people from comedy, movies, television, music, and more. The topic at hand is given in the form of a question that was made up by the previous guest. Afterwards, he and other improvisers will do a sketch based on the information that they are given, and the scene given by the current guest. Best of all, the musician Eban Schletter plays on the piano through the whole thing, adding a delightful ambiance throughout the entire podcast.

That's great, but as you can see, some of these men are swinging chains around and I'm pretty certain that guy's arm has the words "Death To All" tattooed in blood red ink.

That's not all. He also improvises on the ads which are fun to listen to. He does them in the style of his previous episode characters as well as a couple are are always in dangerous situations and the husband talk about a company at a very inappropriate time.

That sounds VAGUELY familiar.

But don't take by word for it, just ask Somethingawful Forums member Waffleopolis all about it!

The what and the who now?

Thanks, Mitch. Ever since I started listening to podcasts, I hoped for a quality podcast done by PFT ever since the life of The Pod F. Tompkast has left this mortal coil. Each epside so far has been a delight to listen to. The interviews are great, and so are the sketches, especially when they go off cast and Paul and the improvisers (especially Paul) lose it and laugh. Spontaneanation, more like the best thing I've ever heard. Thanks, Paul's podcast, for making me less of a hateful human being by virtue of listening. Back you to, Mitch.

Thanks, Waffleopolis. If you're interested on listening to it, it comes out every Monday. You can listen to it on the Earwolf site, Soundcloud, and itunes.

I guess I'll have to give it a listen if we get out of this alive and without chain-related injuries

Waffleopolis fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jul 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

Lol. Praising a podcast but not linking to it in his OP. what a scrub.

Well thanks to the magic of edit buttons on forums, that can be fixed!

Also thanks for pointing that out. :v:

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

I love Bojack Horseman but for some reason that interview wasn't that interesting. Needed more child murder.

• Locked thread