Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I feel so fine
Fighting sticks
I'll pick Chun-Li

there used to be a a fighting game thread in imp zone for playing games together and discussing strats and tech and then everyone used the Evo thread to talk about them, and now well, Evo is over and more people will click on a new thread to talk about them instead of the hundred page Evo thread. Additionally, the Street Fighter V beta starts tomorrow at 6pm PST, which I am very excited to play.

I'll update the op with a list of online handles and games played with platforms of choice if people want. Enjoy the fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

steam: everythingWasBees
psn: nothing_was_bees
NNID: nobodyWasBees
twitter, for irl gaming: @nobodyWasBees

i play xrd and do fightcade and poo poo, will be playing usfv when back home.
also catherine if anybody can find a way to play that online. that was so loving hype

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

should i make the imp zone tech talk thread

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

would anybody even bother reading me gushing about buttons and leds and how the te2 is poo poo

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

steam: foxmedik
psn: foxmedk (ps3, ps4, and ps vita)
xbl: dont use it anymore

i play usf4, doa5:lr (sometimes), xrd (sometimes) and wish that there was a new virtua fighter

or a new bushido blade

or maybe even a kof that people would play

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

everythingWasBees posted:

should i make the imp zone tech talk thread

you can probably just talk about it here because that stuff is for FG freaks anyway.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

also why is TE2 bad, i was prolly gonna get one.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckj-A2eoXuo

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
steam: piss hog
psn: radosity

XRD, Ultimax and UNIEL are my games rn.

also continuing Millia talk, you can put in an ez 170dmg+ using the chroming rose super then just spamming Bad Moon in corner, just have to get the time down that chroming rose is active so you can go into her bnb air combo before it's over to get them back to the ground and keep wrecking

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

would anybody even bother reading me gushing about buttons and leds and how the te2 is poo poo

please post in here and explain why the people in srk tech talk hate Focus-Attack and spam the thread there, because I really like using them for my parts since they ship insanely fast and i don't have to wait a million years for stuff to ship from Paradise

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

ill read about sticks

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also i like the te2 enough to keep it stock

but the screwdriver they ship with it it cheap as gently caress and stripped the first time i used it and i hate the cable

otherwise i like it

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

In Training posted:

also why is TE2 bad, i was prolly gonna get one.

the good: sanwa parts, support from madcatz for interchangable parts, real common so easy to pay people to work on, it works on ps4 and poo poo. plexi is easy to remove to customize art.

the bad: madcatz build quality (the only good parts are the poo poo they didn't make) which lead to fun things like:
screws coming pre-stripped
the plexi not always sitting nice and causing bubbling beneath
plexi gets scuffed real easy even for plexi
quick disconnects breaking while in case
stress put on buttons in a weird way to cause them to break easy when trying to remove them. like we broke half of mint's buttons.
lots of people reported stuff like the hinge to open it breaking and poo poo.

they use a special type of quick disconnect which you need a screwdriver to remove and which is a loving PAIN IN THE rear end. ask mint, he can confirm.
they use a non-standard cord type which is a pain in the rear end because the number one point of failure on sticks seems to be the usb cord, and is likely what happened in the usfiv finals, because razer's cords suck rear end, and non-standard cord type.

tldr: build quality is rear end, sanwa parts so it should play fine but like everything uses sanwa parts nowadays

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

steam: foxmedik
psn: foxmedk (ps3, ps4, and ps vita)
xbl: dont use it anymore

i play usf4, doa5:lr (sometimes), xrd (sometimes) and wish that there was a new virtua fighter

or a new bushido blade

or maybe even a kof that people would play

There's not going to be a new Virtua Fighter, and instead all the chars are going to be in DOA forever

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

There's not going to be a new Virtua Fighter, and instead all the chars are going to be in DOA forever

i accept it but i dont like it

also if there was a way to put a cord retract like in old vacuum cleaners into my fightstick i think i would die from joy. i hate having 8 feet of cable flopping around and getting tangled and bending weird ways

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

please post in here and explain why the people in srk tech talk hate Focus-Attack and spam the thread there, because I really like using them for my parts since they ship insanely fast and i don't have to wait a million years for stuff to ship from Paradise

i was having dinner and drinks with a lot of the vocal paradise arcade supporters and i still can't figure it out. mostly it's that they run their business like a business, and while that's fine, given how small and close-knit a lot of the community is they step on a lot of toes.

basically order w/e from whoever you want it doesn't really matter. each has stuff that the others don't. i like arcadeshock and paradise arcade from dealing with them in person, but i've ordered from FA in the past and they got me the parts quick and had good customer service.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

also for when paradise arcade reopens, the kaimana mini is loving amazing if you have a ps360+. little dude just slots right in.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

kaimini

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the good: sanwa parts, support from madcatz for interchangable parts, real common so easy to pay people to work on, it works on ps4 and poo poo. plexi is easy to remove to customize art.

the bad: madcatz build quality (the only good parts are the poo poo they didn't make) which lead to fun things like:
screws coming pre-stripped
the plexi not always sitting nice and causing bubbling beneath
plexi gets scuffed real easy even for plexi
quick disconnects breaking while in case
stress put on buttons in a weird way to cause them to break easy when trying to remove them. like we broke half of mint's buttons.
lots of people reported stuff like the hinge to open it breaking and poo poo.

they use a special type of quick disconnect which you need a screwdriver to remove and which is a loving PAIN IN THE rear end. ask mint, he can confirm.
they use a non-standard cord type which is a pain in the rear end because the number one point of failure on sticks seems to be the usb cord, and is likely what happened in the usfiv finals, because razer's cords suck rear end, and non-standard cord type.

tldr: build quality is rear end, sanwa parts so it should play fine but like everything uses sanwa parts nowadays

hmm ok. what is the best PS4 stick if im never going to mod it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PSN: MangaCarta
SteamID: in_training

Ultimax (PS3) and Xrd (PS4) are my games at the mome, i also have KOF98 and XIII on steam but i am hot rear end at them. i know enough to do short hops and have athena roll back and forth across the screen in XIII and ive never launched 98UM. i will be playing SFV tomorrw and am excited for it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/stair/

games: poo poo on fightcade(mostly third strike)

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

In Training posted:

the te2 is probably fine if you never want to change the color of your buttons and are okay with an awful screw-on cord. and madcatz quality.

hori has some good offerings but some of them use the kuro and hayabusa, which while they feel pretty good i think aren't really the same as sanwa. close, and definitely better than no-name buttons, but more seimitsu quality than sanwa. their viewlix is loving cool, if huge, and some of their sticks have the touchpad which is real cool and good for some of the games, like xrd.

qanba announced that they're releasing a new next-gen produce soon. will probably be a good bet.

depending on where you are there are other options.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

my current fighting game loadout is kof 2002, kof xiii and yatagarasu attack on cataclysm.

George Arisen is my current steam handle...

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

my psn is moonwalku and i really only play the persona fighter and even then i hardly ever bother playing it. for all i know this might be the last time i look at this thread but if anybody would like to play videogames then hell, maybe we will together.

i am also always up to play extra-rare pc fighting videogame "Gleam of Force" if you happen to find it yourself and figure out how to make it go.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

PSN: MangaCarta
SteamID: in_training

Ultimax (PS3) and Xrd (PS4) are my games at the mome, i also have KOF98 and XIII on steam but i am hot rear end at them. i know enough to do short hops and have athena roll back and forth across the screen in XIII and ive never launched 98UM. i will be playing SFV tomorrw and am excited for it.

Who do you play, in persona

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

In Training posted:

te2 or the hori vrap5

http://www.amazon.com/HORI-correspondence-Arcade-controller-Pro-V5-Hayabusa/dp/B00S94RODA

$178 with prime shipping now, get it in time to play for the sfv beta. it uses the kuro buttons and hayabusa stick which are ok, but it's all personal preference. You can always swap out the parts if you want for p. cheap.

i was having dinner and drinks with a lot of the vocal paradise arcade supporters and i still can't figure it out. mostly it's that they run their business like a business, and while that's fine, given how small and close-knit a lot of the community is they step on a lot of toes.

basically order w/e from whoever you want it doesn't really matter. each has stuff that the others don't. i like arcadeshock and paradise arcade from dealing with them in person, but i've ordered from FA in the past and they got me the parts quick and had good customer service.

i just don't want to deal with shipping poo poo from Hawaii/Cali to the east coast. F-A is on the NJ/PA border and I seriously get my stuff from them in like 2 days with normal mail, and their support has always been insanely good.

i don't do a whole lot of modding, but i grabbed a brawlstick when they were 20 bucks at gamestop and learned everything from replacing all the stuff with a ps360+ and sanwa parts, while looking at dudes on tech talk who are learning about how to padhack a ds4 and drooling over maybe someday buying one of the nice viewlix clone cabinets once a good 3rd party ps4 board comes out (hopefully)

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

there used to be a a fighting game thread in imp zone for playing games together and discussing strats and tech and then everyone used the Evo thread to talk about them, and now well, Evo is over and more people will click on a new thread to talk about them instead of the hundred page Evo thread. Additionally, the Street Fighter V beta starts tomorrow at 6pm PST, which I am very excited to play.

I'll update the op with a list of online handles and games played with platforms of choice if people want. Enjoy the fighting.

after millia's throw u can rc and do some combos. there's a training one that sometimes works. i've seen some japanese dudes do cute stuff off a throw but it looked high execution and i'm stupid. usually just take the knockdown and throw out secret garden, toss a hoola hoop, roll in and toss a hoola hoop...

what i usually do is forget to do all that and flail around like a bozo....

for the j.d to iad idk just practice it. u have to press a nice firm 9 and then 6 for it to work. go into training mode and try it on standing dudes and then set the cpu to jump and just to j.d iad until u can do it consistently from both sides. it's very fussy on my snk pad which uses an octogate. if u hit 8 insated of 9 it won't cum out,,,

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

should i buy ultimax at this point btw? i played through the first one and had a good time for the few matches i played, but didnt know if there were a lot of people still online for ultimax

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

should i buy ultimax at this point btw? i played through the first one and had a good time for the few matches i played, but didnt know if there were a lot of people still online for ultimax

why buy ultimax when you can just play guilty gear

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

my psn is moonwalku and i really only play the persona fighter and even then i hardly ever bother playing it. for all i know this might be the last time i look at this thread but if anybody would like to play videogames then hell, maybe we will together.

i am also always up to play extra-rare pc fighting videogame "Gleam of Force" if you happen to find it yourself and figure out how to make it go.

You should play Ultimax with us tonight

I tried getting GOF to work but I couldn't figure out how to map it for my xbox pad

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

there are never A Lot but it still has enough to find matches during times when westerners actually are awake and playing. off peak hours though the population is basically 0 unless you want to try your luck playing 1-bar connections against the japanese.

also it'll probably pick back up again for a bit if they ever bring patch 2.0 to consoles.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

why buy ultimax when you can just play guilty gear

kanji

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

after millia's throw u can rc and do some combos. there's a training one that sometimes works. i've seen some japanese dudes do cute stuff off a throw but it looked high execution and i'm stupid. usually just take the knockdown and throw out secret garden, toss a hoola hoop, roll in and toss a hoola hoop...

what i usually do is forget to do all that and flail around like a bozo....

for the j.d to iad idk just practice it. u have to press a nice firm 9 and then 6 for it to work. go into training mode and try it on standing dudes and then set the cpu to jump and just to j.d iad until u can do it consistently from both sides. it's very fussy on my snk pad which uses an octogate. if u hit 8 insated of 9 it won't cum out,,,

You can just do neutral standing K after throw to go into air combo aftet throw but yeah it's kinda tough cuz you have to jab in air with S then instantly air dash to take them back down to the ground with HS

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

You should play Ultimax with us tonight

I tried getting GOF to work but I couldn't figure out how to map it for my xbox pad

did you use the virtual joystick mapper program thing that came with the download? i just play it on keyboard so i have to use that, but i think snail got it to work for his pad without needing it. i didnt ask him how he was making it go but he said he was on a controller and it was working

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

btw a dude from my local group is running a raffle ($10 an entry) to win a head to head cabinet that he built if anyone here is interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Oap6-sTiY

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
I love jerking off. lol

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

did you use the virtual joystick mapper program thing that came with the download? i just play it on keyboard so i have to use that, but i think snail got it to work for his pad without needing it. i didnt ask him how he was making it go but he said he was on a controller and it was working

Yeah but it wasn't reading inputs

I tried it with kb and couldn't figure out the buttons lol

If there's a list of kb inputs I'll just try it with that next time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

also it'll probably pick back up again for a bit if they ever bring patch 2.0 to consoles.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i play Labrys and Rise because they make me horny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Sir AIDS posted:

I love jerking off. lol

• Locked thread