Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i mostly just play skullgirls now because i cant afford to travel and it has good netplay but i like pushing buttons in whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

My true love is Melty Blood

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Online tournaments are som drat win.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

mango gay touchies posted:

I stopped because I got a job but I quit Friday so hey maybe if there's interest I can start something back up

it's very important tot Get Paid but i understand that gaming has to come first

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

To drum up interest I would make a bracket, stream it with commentary, and offer a prize to the winner but the most entrants I ever got was like 8

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i bought ultra street fighter 4 since it was $10 and now i'm trying to learn juri. what are some good bnbs for her?

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

In Sf4 you should focus more on spacing and the neutral game with a character because that kind of stuff is a lot more important than a 4 hit combo into ultra 1 which you'll drop half the time

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

In Sf4 you should focus more on spacing and the neutral game with a character because that kind of stuff is a lot more important than a 4 hit combo into ultra 1 which you'll drop half the time

when i played sf4 i definitely got a lot more Ws from just making people walk into buttons as Guile than hitting combos yeah

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

sharrrk posted:

i bought ultra street fighter 4 since it was $10 and now i'm trying to learn juri. what are some good bnbs for her?

hell, i think all the women have good boobs and butts

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

also: for the first 50 hours of playtime unbind the up direction because it will make you lose more than you win

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

You can just do neutral standing K after throw to go into air combo aftet throw but yeah it's kinda tough cuz you have to jab in air with S then instantly air dash to take them back down to the ground with HS

oh yeah i remember the kick thing working against some chars (maybe all of them idk). it happens so fast i probably couldn't do it in a real match w/o rc hehe and u have better combo options with throm + rc

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

hell, i think all the women have good boobs and butts

same

ah, alright. i have like 0 experience with SF, most of the 2d fighters ive played are games like marvel

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I thought about ordering a Sanwa JLF stick off of focus attack once but the stick was like $50 with $20 standard shipping so I closed the tab.

the jlf, seimitsu ls-32 and hayabusa hori one are all the drat same.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sharrrk posted:

same

ah, alright. i have like 0 experience with SF, most of the 2d fighters ive played are games like marvel

we are welcome of all fgs, but er, maybe not marvel.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

sharrrk posted:

same

you might be well served to look into one of the 50 'beginner's guide to ultra' guides floating around youtube where it explains how focus attack, ex, red focus, ultras, FADC all that stuff works

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I opened FightCade and immediatelyt got invited to a Garou - Mark of the Wolves match with XTN-NiggaFIGHTER from Argentina.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

I opened FightCade and immediatelyt got invited to a Garou - Mark of the Wolves match with XTN-NiggaFIGHTER from Argentina.

ah that's me

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

In Training posted:

Well?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

In Training posted:

we are welcome of all fgs, but er, maybe not marvel.

marvel vs capcom 1, i mean

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mvc one has a hot springs stage with some hot nude babes iicr

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

my only exposure has been to 3.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He made me his Bitch.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

I played a lot of 2 a long time ago but was never any good at it, my team was hayato/joe/capn

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

america, not commando

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

sharrrk posted:

marvel vs capcom 1, i mean

mvc 1 is my jam

I played a lot of 2 a long time ago but was never any good at it, my team was hayato/joe/capn

me either because i refused to not have servebot on my team

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

same, i used hayato/psylocke/and i think shuma-gorath

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

i played it back in the day when a quarter circle was a strange and confusing motion for me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i played it back in the day when a quarter circle was a strange and confusing motion for me

persona 4 arena was the first fighitng game id ever played and trying to figure out how to do a quarter circle took me like a week :D

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

me too, mvc3 was the first game where i actually started to learn because my friend bought it and he kept kicking my rear end which made me mad. he still kicks my rear end but now i know why

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

persona 4 arena was the first fighitng game id ever played and trying to figure out how to do a quarter circle took me like a week :D

you picked a good game to learn on, it's very beginner friendly

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

the game i learned on was blazblue calamity trigger

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

you picked a good game to learn on, it's very beginner friendly

i also accidentally gravitated towards an easy char with labrys. even in people who were in top 32 at evo with labrys were using autocombo bc its the fastest way to gain axe meter, even if your opponent is blocking, haha.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

at least that was the case in p4a. idk about ultimax, but i still use the autocombo a fair bit bc im bad.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

ultimax surprised me with how much utility autocombo had and how it wasn't actually just a crutch for beginners

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
A lot of moves only exist in autocombo so everyone has to use it to some extent

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

autocombo is weird because in addition to being an automatic combo, it gives extra meter and restores some Burst if you do the whole thing through the special attack. i guess to make up for that it does less damage than better combos but its still weird

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the first fighting game i ever played was street fighter 2 in an arcade and i liked using blanka because you could just tap punch real fast to do a move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

trying to jack off posted:

the first fighting game i ever played was street fighter 2 in an arcade and i liked using blanka because you could just tap punch real fast to do a move

same, but chun li becasue she is mUCh sexier than blanka.

• Locked thread