Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I thought about ordering a Sanwa JLF stick off of focus attack once but the stick was like $50 with $20 standard shipping so I closed the tab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Sir AIDS posted:

I love jerking off. lol

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
PSN: DevilKingBaal
Steam: Baal-Senpai
NNID: MrBaalSir

I play p much anything if you've got it. The games I actually practice are USF4 and Xrd. That being said I fucks around with a lot of fgs and have pretty much every single one from last gen and this gen aside from DOA5. I'm currently in the process of moving though and don't want to put anyone through wireless internet online fgs, so I'll be off of the online vs' for a while.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jul 23, 2015

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
The ADTRW moderator Baal "Beef Waifu" Chief does NOT play any fighting games. Do not fall for his tricks.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

Yeah but it wasn't reading inputs

I tried it with kb and couldn't figure out the buttons lol

If there's a list of kb inputs I'll just try it with that next time

it has default kb inputs but they dont make any sense even by the usual standards of small weird japanese games. also for some reason you can't do network play unless the game thinks you're using a joystick, so you have to use that program to simulate a pad unless you can get it to read a controller without using it.

what works for me is using the PPJoyKey one and setting it up like this http://i.imgur.com/85Gxqff.png and then leave that open in the background while playing. and then using the in-game options screen to map those keys to the things i want them to do (i forget if i needed to do that but i did anyway).

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

The ADTRW moderator Baal "Beef Waifu" Chief does NOT play any fighting games. Do not fall for his tricks.

You're right, I'm actually playing P4G on my vita right now

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

i play Labrys and Rise because they make me horny.

cool, i dont have anyone i play against who knows rise. and nobody really plays Normal Labrys just in general. we should play the game, now or some other time.

edit: I play Adachi and Shadow Labrys and become uncontrollably horny whenever i see sprites moving around on a screen

lesbian baphomet fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jul 23, 2015

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I bought street fighter 4 during the evo sale on steam, and thus far i have defeated Arcade Mode on Medium with Zangief.

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

He beat the challenge mode for all characters in XRD though, like he said he did, which is a thing that's true

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I actually have 3/4s of the challenge in Xrd done and could probably do all of it if I didn't easily distracted and have a full time job which is gross.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Beef Chief posted:

have a full time job which is gross.

*vomits aids blood*

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Sir AIDS posted:

I love jerking off. lol

go on

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Stairmaster posted:

*vomits aids blood*

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

it has default kb inputs but they dont make any sense even by the usual standards of small weird japanese games. also for some reason you can't do network play unless the game thinks you're using a joystick, so you have to use that program to simulate a pad unless you can get it to read a controller without using it.

what works for me is using the PPJoyKey one and setting it up like this http://i.imgur.com/85Gxqff.png and then leave that open in the background while playing. and then using the in-game options screen to map those keys to the things i want them to do (i forget if i needed to do that but i did anyway).

Yeah if I could rebind them to be things that make sense like normal wasd controls it'd be okay

As it is when I tried it I think I could only figure out the directions and the light attack button

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
that last sin challenge is horeshit though

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

Beef Chief posted:

I actually have 3/4s of the challenge in Xrd done and could probably do all of it if I didn't easily distracted and have a full time job which is gross.

You should fight again when you get back on ethernet, bet I could stomp your Sol now >: )

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
I play Akihiko and Kanji in Ultimax, Kanji's kinda poo poo cuz he depends heavily on burst and meter to do any real damage outside his throws but diving through the air to bash someone's face in feels really good

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You probably could because I haven't practiced Xrd in like two months due to moving.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Beef Chief posted:

that last sin challenge is horeshit though

I finished all Sin challenges yesterday. :dukedog:

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
You're right though the last one was completely retarded.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Now I have to practice TK Axl Bomber for 69 billion hours so I can finish the 3 Axl challenges I have left.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

does anyone want to play 3s

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I have a hole in my heart taht can only be filled by cross counters

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

Yeah if I could rebind them to be things that make sense like normal wasd controls it'd be okay

As it is when I tried it I think I could only figure out the directions and the light attack button

there's in-game keybinding but because it has kb defaults for both 1st and 2nd player that are both turned on at all times, it's difficult without having the PPJoyKey thing on becuase the 1p and 2p buttons constantly interfere with each other if you try to remap one to be the other

its kind of broken in all of the ways that arent related to punching each other. just use the weird-rear end chinese joystick simulation program its easier than dealing with the game's actual keys

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

I play Akihiko and Kanji in Ultimax, Kanji's kinda poo poo cuz he depends heavily on burst and meter to do any real damage outside his throws but diving through the air to bash someone's face in feels really good
kanji has fairly strong+huge air normals and the evo competitors who were using him well tended to rely on those more often than either kind of dive.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Hi I'm here to rep the best fighting game ever made, under night in birth: exe late. It was 20 dollars all last weekend and maybe still is on psn and you should play it with me. Peace

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

there's in-game keybinding but because it has kb defaults for both 1st and 2nd player that are both turned on at all times, it's difficult without having the PPJoyKey thing on becuase the 1p and 2p buttons constantly interfere with each other if you try to remap one to be the other

its kind of broken in all of the ways that arent related to punching each other. just use the weird-rear end chinese joystick simulation program its easier than dealing with the game's actual keys

kanji has fairly strong+huge air normals and the evo competitors who were using him well tended to rely on those more often than either kind of dive.

Yeah I tried mapping ingame and it was only letting me map for 2p, it's broke as gently caress -_-

air dive is only really reliable in the middle of the autocombo string but I'm not gonna stop my dumb hail mary dives ever

mango gay touchies posted:

best fighting game ever made, under night in birth: exe late.-

hmmmmmmmmm

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

cool, i dont have anyone i play against who knows rise. and nobody really plays Normal Labrys just in general. we should play the game, now or some other time.

edit: I play Adachi and Shadow Labrys and become uncontrollably horny whenever i see sprites moving around on a screen

we are gonna play Ultimax tonight, i think. i am playing DQVIII at the moment but after i finish this dungeon i will play.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Its true bitch

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

mango gay touchies posted:

Hi I'm here to rep the best fighting game ever made, under night in birth: exe late. It was 20 dollars all last weekend and maybe still is on psn and you should play it with me. Peace

UNIEL is sick

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
if someone hates UNIEL tehy can remove tehmselves

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
UNIEL is fun but I still can't get over how bland some of the art is :/

Its systems make for a cool metagame though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

my psn is moonwalku and i really only play the persona fighter and even then i hardly ever bother playing it. for all i know this might be the last time i look at this thread but if anybody would like to play videogames then hell, maybe we will together.

i am also always up to play extra-rare pc fighting videogame "Gleam of Force" if you happen to find it yourself and figure out how to make it go.

i added you and will be playing tonight, starting now ish.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

i added you and will be playing tonight, starting now ish.

and i as well. i sent you a steam and am the person whose name is moonwalk in japanese characters

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

nlbc is up, spooky is about to give out a sfv beta code

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

A man who picks Mass Destruction as the battle theme is a man of fine taste.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
steam: stoutfish
PSN: EkiEki

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

lesbian baphomet posted:

A man who picks Mass Destruction as the battle theme is a man of fine taste.

i use main battle theme

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
someone buy me ultimax

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Oh yeah contact info
Psn is zenkeira, steam is mister intergalactic

I own pretty much everything on these systems that's fighting game related because I'm mentally ill, I also used to run a weekly tournament over fightcade for randomly picked games because of similar reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

I stopped because I got a job but I quit Friday so hey maybe if there's interest I can start something back up

• Locked thread