Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I feel so fine
Fighting sticks
I'll pick Chun-Li

there used to be a a fighting game thread in imp zone for playing games together and discussing strats and tech and then everyone used the Evo thread to talk about them, and now well, Evo is over and more people will click on a new thread to talk about them instead of the hundred page Evo thread. Additionally, the Street Fighter V beta starts tomorrow at 6pm PST, which I am very excited to play.

I'll update the op with a list of online handles and games played with platforms of choice if people want. Enjoy the fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

everythingWasBees posted:

should i make the imp zone tech talk thread

you can probably just talk about it here because that stuff is for FG freaks anyway.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

also why is TE2 bad, i was prolly gonna get one.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

everythingWasBees posted:

the good: sanwa parts, support from madcatz for interchangable parts, real common so easy to pay people to work on, it works on ps4 and poo poo. plexi is easy to remove to customize art.

the bad: madcatz build quality (the only good parts are the poo poo they didn't make) which lead to fun things like:
screws coming pre-stripped
the plexi not always sitting nice and causing bubbling beneath
plexi gets scuffed real easy even for plexi
quick disconnects breaking while in case
stress put on buttons in a weird way to cause them to break easy when trying to remove them. like we broke half of mint's buttons.
lots of people reported stuff like the hinge to open it breaking and poo poo.

they use a special type of quick disconnect which you need a screwdriver to remove and which is a loving PAIN IN THE rear end. ask mint, he can confirm.
they use a non-standard cord type which is a pain in the rear end because the number one point of failure on sticks seems to be the usb cord, and is likely what happened in the usfiv finals, because razer's cords suck rear end, and non-standard cord type.

tldr: build quality is rear end, sanwa parts so it should play fine but like everything uses sanwa parts nowadays

hmm ok. what is the best PS4 stick if im never going to mod it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PSN: MangaCarta
SteamID: in_training

Ultimax (PS3) and Xrd (PS4) are my games at the mome, i also have KOF98 and XIII on steam but i am hot rear end at them. i know enough to do short hops and have athena roll back and forth across the screen in XIII and ive never launched 98UM. i will be playing SFV tomorrw and am excited for it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

also it'll probably pick back up again for a bit if they ever bring patch 2.0 to consoles.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i play Labrys and Rise because they make me horny.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

cool, i dont have anyone i play against who knows rise. and nobody really plays Normal Labrys just in general. we should play the game, now or some other time.

edit: I play Adachi and Shadow Labrys and become uncontrollably horny whenever i see sprites moving around on a screen

we are gonna play Ultimax tonight, i think. i am playing DQVIII at the moment but after i finish this dungeon i will play.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

my psn is moonwalku and i really only play the persona fighter and even then i hardly ever bother playing it. for all i know this might be the last time i look at this thread but if anybody would like to play videogames then hell, maybe we will together.

i am also always up to play extra-rare pc fighting videogame "Gleam of Force" if you happen to find it yourself and figure out how to make it go.

i added you and will be playing tonight, starting now ish.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Online tournaments are som drat win.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sharrrk posted:

same

ah, alright. i have like 0 experience with SF, most of the 2d fighters ive played are games like marvel

we are welcome of all fgs, but er, maybe not marvel.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I opened FightCade and immediatelyt got invited to a Garou - Mark of the Wolves match with XTN-NiggaFIGHTER from Argentina.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

my only exposure has been to 3.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He made me his Bitch.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mango gay touchies posted:

i played it back in the day when a quarter circle was a strange and confusing motion for me

persona 4 arena was the first fighitng game id ever played and trying to figure out how to do a quarter circle took me like a week :D

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mango gay touchies posted:

you picked a good game to learn on, it's very beginner friendly

i also accidentally gravitated towards an easy char with labrys. even in people who were in top 32 at evo with labrys were using autocombo bc its the fastest way to gain axe meter, even if your opponent is blocking, haha.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

at least that was the case in p4a. idk about ultimax, but i still use the autocombo a fair bit bc im bad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A double elim online tourney in a random fightcade fans or console game this weekend would be some win. If people are down

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

i found a real world Arcade room with a japanese style cabinet for Garou: Mark of the Wolves about an hour from my home. and i dont live in japan or california

I live like 35 minutes from a place that adertises itself as The Biggest Arcade in north america and ive never been. they have like every fighting game made in the last 20 years there.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Except Persona and Guilty Gear, the two games I know how to play.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

And by combination you mean start

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I just remembered a time when I was playing against the normal level computer in Street Fighter IV for PC and I got so mad I kicked a hole in my bedroom wall in front of my girlfriend.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I haven't played the AI in a FG in the longest time. Doesn't seem very fun when a practice dummy with the right block/attack settings is all you really want.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm not at my computer right now. Are any of the Capcom vs SNK games on fightcade and are any of them good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't have a link handy but all of Tectaleastside's Ultimax matches before he got eliminated. Also whoever was playing Kanji in the Top 8 when killed someone with an offscreen Cesar grab which I didn't even know existed in the game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Top 8 match in Xrd where Danger Time triggered in the very first round. Also, ofc, Woshige/Ogawa.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I should have bought that Hori V5 yesterday because it no longer has the 2-day shipping option. Is V4 significantly different?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

they're identical i think except one is red and one is black

that's what I thought, but the red one also cost 30 dollars more. so I was confused

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Guaranteed Arrival: July 24, 2015. gently caress. Yes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

somoene here stream the sf5 beta

I was gonna but they disabled the share button for the beta, so it'd have to be somebody who can already stream their ps4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Crapcom.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it's not all that suprising altho it seems like it would help build interest in the game ,

there's nothing saying you can't stream, so basically only people streaming will be FGC freaks or personalities anyway so it will prolly cut down on the high volume of streams and get people looking at players Capcom wants to promote . at least, IMO, pulling something completely out of my rear end.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i don't like fgc ppl and i especially dislike "famous" streamers.

what? You don't like pasty white people sucking air through teeth for minutes at a time while muttering "ooo violent mixup though"???

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i was going to stream me losing in SFV for three hours straight while blaring Hare Hare Yukai - 10 Hour Megamix into my PS4 headset but Capcom had to ruin my dreams .

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

was infiltration the guy slugging a 40 at SEAM.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hot update from the next major tourney happening: The FV Cup in lovely Malaysia, in two weeks.

quote:

Latest Update on the prizes from the sponsor (Flash Vision & Vision Spa) for FV Cup 2015):
1) Champion : USD 1200 cash + Ray Ban Sun Glasses Worth USD 200
2) 2nd Place : USD 600 cash + Ray-Ban Sun Glasses worth USD 200
3) 3rd Place : USD 200 cash + Ray-Ban Sun Glasses worth USD 200
There will be additional prizes when more sponsors comes in

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That picture was also a Evo Grand Finals preview. Infiltration probably would have won if they let him drink on the grand stage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I forgot about SGDQ

• Locked thread