Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
steam: piss hog
psn: radosity

XRD, Ultimax and UNIEL are my games rn.

also continuing Millia talk, you can put in an ez 170dmg+ using the chroming rose super then just spamming Bad Moon in corner, just have to get the time down that chroming rose is active so you can go into her bnb air combo before it's over to get them back to the ground and keep wrecking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

steam: foxmedik
psn: foxmedk (ps3, ps4, and ps vita)
xbl: dont use it anymore

i play usf4, doa5:lr (sometimes), xrd (sometimes) and wish that there was a new virtua fighter

or a new bushido blade

or maybe even a kof that people would play

There's not going to be a new Virtua Fighter, and instead all the chars are going to be in DOA forever

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

my psn is moonwalku and i really only play the persona fighter and even then i hardly ever bother playing it. for all i know this might be the last time i look at this thread but if anybody would like to play videogames then hell, maybe we will together.

i am also always up to play extra-rare pc fighting videogame "Gleam of Force" if you happen to find it yourself and figure out how to make it go.

You should play Ultimax with us tonight

I tried getting GOF to work but I couldn't figure out how to map it for my xbox pad

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

after millia's throw u can rc and do some combos. there's a training one that sometimes works. i've seen some japanese dudes do cute stuff off a throw but it looked high execution and i'm stupid. usually just take the knockdown and throw out secret garden, toss a hoola hoop, roll in and toss a hoola hoop...

what i usually do is forget to do all that and flail around like a bozo....

for the j.d to iad idk just practice it. u have to press a nice firm 9 and then 6 for it to work. go into training mode and try it on standing dudes and then set the cpu to jump and just to j.d iad until u can do it consistently from both sides. it's very fussy on my snk pad which uses an octogate. if u hit 8 insated of 9 it won't cum out,,,

You can just do neutral standing K after throw to go into air combo aftet throw but yeah it's kinda tough cuz you have to jab in air with S then instantly air dash to take them back down to the ground with HS

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

did you use the virtual joystick mapper program thing that came with the download? i just play it on keyboard so i have to use that, but i think snail got it to work for his pad without needing it. i didnt ask him how he was making it go but he said he was on a controller and it was working

Yeah but it wasn't reading inputs

I tried it with kb and couldn't figure out the buttons lol

If there's a list of kb inputs I'll just try it with that next time

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

The ADTRW moderator Baal "Beef Waifu" Chief does NOT play any fighting games. Do not fall for his tricks.

He beat the challenge mode for all characters in XRD though, like he said he did, which is a thing that's true

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

it has default kb inputs but they dont make any sense even by the usual standards of small weird japanese games. also for some reason you can't do network play unless the game thinks you're using a joystick, so you have to use that program to simulate a pad unless you can get it to read a controller without using it.

what works for me is using the PPJoyKey one and setting it up like this http://i.imgur.com/85Gxqff.png and then leave that open in the background while playing. and then using the in-game options screen to map those keys to the things i want them to do (i forget if i needed to do that but i did anyway).

Yeah if I could rebind them to be things that make sense like normal wasd controls it'd be okay

As it is when I tried it I think I could only figure out the directions and the light attack button

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

Beef Chief posted:

I actually have 3/4s of the challenge in Xrd done and could probably do all of it if I didn't easily distracted and have a full time job which is gross.

You should fight again when you get back on ethernet, bet I could stomp your Sol now >: )

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
I play Akihiko and Kanji in Ultimax, Kanji's kinda poo poo cuz he depends heavily on burst and meter to do any real damage outside his throws but diving through the air to bash someone's face in feels really good

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

there's in-game keybinding but because it has kb defaults for both 1st and 2nd player that are both turned on at all times, it's difficult without having the PPJoyKey thing on becuase the 1p and 2p buttons constantly interfere with each other if you try to remap one to be the other

its kind of broken in all of the ways that arent related to punching each other. just use the weird-rear end chinese joystick simulation program its easier than dealing with the game's actual keys

kanji has fairly strong+huge air normals and the evo competitors who were using him well tended to rely on those more often than either kind of dive.

Yeah I tried mapping ingame and it was only letting me map for 2p, it's broke as gently caress -_-

air dive is only really reliable in the middle of the autocombo string but I'm not gonna stop my dumb hail mary dives ever

mango gay touchies posted:

best fighting game ever made, under night in birth: exe late.-

hmmmmmmmmm

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
UNIEL is fun but I still can't get over how bland some of the art is :/

Its systems make for a cool metagame though

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
A lot of moves only exist in autocombo so everyone has to use it to some extent

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

same, but chun li becasue she is mUCh sexier than blanka.

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

Hes right

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
I'll play some Ultimax or XRD

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

i have xrd open right now

Lesgo then, lobby same usual spot?

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

Budget Prefuse posted:

gears 3 and XRD

got lobby up in xrd right now if you wanna jump in

NA 2 District 9c #32

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
sorry bout that

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
sparrowhawkstancesparrowhawkstancesparrowhawkstancesparrowhawkstancesparrowhawkstancesparrowhawkstancesparrowhawkstancesparrowhawkstance
sparrowhawkstancesparrowhawkstancesparrowhawkstancesparrowhawkstancesparrowhawkstancesparrowhawkstancesparrowhawkstancesparrowhawkstance

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

Budget Prefuse posted:

list of excuses for why i lost so easily:
my ps3 fightstick wont work so i have to use a controller
my command grab wouldnt work
my charge move wouldnt work
ive got the fail AIDS and its killing me

i believe it.

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

i had to get up to let my dog out so one of my two gfs (sitting next to me making out atm lol) picked up my stick for me

i believe it.

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

In Training posted:

Nice. My stick has arrived, I'll be on shortly

grats, and come on in

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
Prefuse almost got me o_o

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
I hosed up

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
I'm never going to host again

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

In Training posted:

You were about to be perfected by Zoq and plug pulled.

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

In Training posted:

The SFV beta relaunches in 20 minutes

What seriously?

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
I'm at my friend's place and it aint workin -_-

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

In Training posted:

I beat the arcade mode with Millia. I had to use continues though -_-

I'm down to play anything tonight but I still haven't set up fightcade

what difficulty are you playing arcade on

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
Just fought the best Chipp I've ever seen outside of tournies O_O he even knew how to do jump install and was doin wallstick alpha blade combos all over my rear end... good Chipp players own

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

In Training posted:

Also, fightcade is fairly easy to set up and I actually have a hankering to play more 3rd strike, or other old SF game...

Problem is with fightcade I have to play on my xbox 360 pad, and it's kinda rear end

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Why doesn't your DS4 work?

Oh yeah, duh. I'll download fightcade, anything I should get besides garou and 3rd strike?

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
zoq wrecked me at 3rd strike with tick throws and yomi alone

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Yeah! I've been waiting for this!

Urien and Dudley are banned.

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
Oh yeah I forgot to say but I'll enter the 3s tourny too, and have a big showdown with zoq

fightcade name is Ltdanslegs

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
This Yukiko player was nuts...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqerkPq1HEs

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
The big goofy collar looks dumb on Elphelt but I guess it's probably something that happens when she gets back from wherever she went at the end of story mode

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
It's surprisingly good, at least when compared against the absolute garbage that is blazblue's story mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

Beef Chief posted:

The Guilty Gear story mode is probably the best way to handle an fg story mode

Just make it a movie

Or do it the way gg used to do it and have like 2 minutes of dialogue between matches

Blazblue's involves an hour of story then a one round fight then another hour continuing on into infinity

• Locked thread