Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Hi I'm here to rep the best fighting game ever made, under night in birth: exe late. It was 20 dollars all last weekend and maybe still is on psn and you should play it with me. Peace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Its true bitch

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Oh yeah contact info
Psn is zenkeira, steam is mister intergalactic

I own pretty much everything on these systems that's fighting game related because I'm mentally ill, I also used to run a weekly tournament over fightcade for randomly picked games because of similar reasons

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

I stopped because I got a job but I quit Friday so hey maybe if there's interest I can start something back up

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

My true love is Melty Blood

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

To drum up interest I would make a bracket, stream it with commentary, and offer a prize to the winner but the most entrants I ever got was like 8

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

In Sf4 you should focus more on spacing and the neutral game with a character because that kind of stuff is a lot more important than a 4 hit combo into ultra 1 which you'll drop half the time

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

also: for the first 50 hours of playtime unbind the up direction because it will make you lose more than you win

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

sharrrk posted:

same

ah, alright. i have like 0 experience with SF, most of the 2d fighters ive played are games like marvel

you might be well served to look into one of the 50 'beginner's guide to ultra' guides floating around youtube where it explains how focus attack, ex, red focus, ultras, FADC all that stuff works

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

I opened FightCade and immediatelyt got invited to a Garou - Mark of the Wolves match with XTN-NiggaFIGHTER from Argentina.

ah that's me

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

I played a lot of 2 a long time ago but was never any good at it, my team was hayato/joe/capn

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

america, not commando

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

i played it back in the day when a quarter circle was a strange and confusing motion for me

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

persona 4 arena was the first fighitng game id ever played and trying to figure out how to do a quarter circle took me like a week :D

you picked a good game to learn on, it's very beginner friendly

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

the game i learned on was blazblue calamity trigger

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

ultimax surprised me with how much utility autocombo had and how it wasn't actually just a crutch for beginners

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

does anybody want to play something on fightcade or maybe some +R on steam

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i think a dave and busters opened up about 30 min away from me

besides the Hydro Thunder and Crusin' World cabinets at the movie theaters thats I've got in my area until you go to NYC

dave and busters is going to have loketests for pokken if you care about that

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

sharrrk posted:

wait really. hell yeah

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/jul/22/dave-and-busters-will-be-featuring-pokken-tournament-united-states/

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

lesbian baphomet posted:

if rainbow was the one where guile can shoot sonic booms in the air using quartercircle motions and have like 20 of them on screen at once, then, that was a really good game

it was, and it is

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

my favorite fightcade tournament that i held was the one where we played SF2 Kouryu edition where a button combination changes what character you are on the fly

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

And by combination you mean start

was it start? maybe i'm thinking of the button combo that teleports you around the screen

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

the maddest i ever got at a fighting game was when i lost to the secret apprentice for 30 straight minutes in soul calibur 4 and i threw my controller across the room but it was a lovely gamestop controller so who cares

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

I'm not at my computer right now. Are any of the Capcom vs SNK games on fightcade and are any of them good.

svc chaos is on fightcade and it's not great but your alternative is playing CvS2 over a ps2 emulator with netplay capabilities

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

cvs2 is by far my favorite team-based fighter

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

so what was your guys' favorite matches of EVO, this one was one of mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r6Ev7FvwtI

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

oh man this one was great, i was there for that and the crowd was pretty much screaming the entire time

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

it's an awesome match, but what made it extra special were the people in the Games evo thread complaining about how OP rolento was until someone pointed out the Nemo is basically the only pro-level player that uses him (besides infiltration but he doesn't count)

Nemo's Rolento is so loving well done though. Meter building, poking, and the goddamn pressure game was just beyond anything else. AiAi also had the great adjustment after going 0-2 also. This is seriously a rad match.

i've always held the belief that street fighter amplifies the idea that a character is only as good as the player behind them better than any other game

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

lesbian baphomet posted:

probably that Valle match or this one with Misse vs Daigo because its insanely aggressive+fast play for an SF4 daigo match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM78bQLPnIk

thats a really good match, sf4 is a lot of fun to watch when it isn't a fireball war snorefest

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

i know they're legit and take a lot of strategy and understanding of the flow of the match but goddamn they can be boring sometimes when it's 10+ straight seconds of fireballs

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

I'd love to stream the sfv beta but 1 I haven't bought the game yet and 2 my internet won't be good enough to stream until I move into my apartment in 3 weeks

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

did any one else get Yatagarasu?

it's fun

I bought it and played 2 hours of local multi, my impression so far is 'meh'

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Oh yeah I got paid today I should buy that

Uh, everybody but specifically Nash and maybe dictator

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

At evo I tried out ryu, birdie and Nash and nash definitely felt the best out of those 3 to me. I think birdie will be a lot of fun after some time alone to figure out all his moves though

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

currently downloading, i read the info on the details and it looks like birdie and cammy will be available starting saturday, because they wanted to test their digital content delivery system and are putting them in that way

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

Friendly reminder that Nintendo had a free stress test of their online only multiplayer shooter and never once had connection issues. Nintendo wins again.

idk ive had my fair share of network problems with splatoon

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

you rascal you

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

if this goes pear-shaped do you guys want to make a lobby for ultra or third strike

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

Third strike on fightcade?

it's the best way to play it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

i go on there all the time and destroy stairmaster's face with my powerful detective robot punches

• Locked thread