Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

there used to be a a fighting game thread in imp zone for playing games together and discussing strats and tech and then everyone used the Evo thread to talk about them, and now well, Evo is over and more people will click on a new thread to talk about them instead of the hundred page Evo thread. Additionally, the Street Fighter V beta starts tomorrow at 6pm PST, which I am very excited to play.

I'll update the op with a list of online handles and games played with platforms of choice if people want. Enjoy the fighting.

after millia's throw u can rc and do some combos. there's a training one that sometimes works. i've seen some japanese dudes do cute stuff off a throw but it looked high execution and i'm stupid. usually just take the knockdown and throw out secret garden, toss a hoola hoop, roll in and toss a hoola hoop...

what i usually do is forget to do all that and flail around like a bozo....

for the j.d to iad idk just practice it. u have to press a nice firm 9 and then 6 for it to work. go into training mode and try it on standing dudes and then set the cpu to jump and just to j.d iad until u can do it consistently from both sides. it's very fussy on my snk pad which uses an octogate. if u hit 8 insated of 9 it won't cum out,,,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

You can just do neutral standing K after throw to go into air combo aftet throw but yeah it's kinda tough cuz you have to jab in air with S then instantly air dash to take them back down to the ground with HS

oh yeah i remember the kick thing working against some chars (maybe all of them idk). it happens so fast i probably couldn't do it in a real match w/o rc hehe and u have better combo options with throm + rc

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I thought about ordering a Sanwa JLF stick off of focus attack once but the stick was like $50 with $20 standard shipping so I closed the tab.

the jlf, seimitsu ls-32 and hayabusa hori one are all the drat same.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mvc one has a hot springs stage with some hot nude babes iicr

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

trying to jack off posted:

the first fighting game i ever played was street fighter 2 in an arcade and i liked using blanka because you could just tap punch real fast to do a move

same, but chun li becasue she is mUCh sexier than blanka.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

net cafe scandal posted:

I just remembered a time when I was playing against the normal level computer in Street Fighter IV for PC and I got so mad I kicked a hole in my bedroom wall in front of my girlfriend.

are thu sintane

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mango gay touchies posted:

svc chaos is on fightcade and it's not great but your alternative is playing CvS2 over a ps2 emulator with netplay capabilities

u can also use dolphin i think, they got rid of roll cancelling in that version tho

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I should have bought that Hori V5 yesterday because it no longer has the 2-day shipping option. Is V4 significantly different?

they're identical i think except one is red and one is black

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

that's what I thought, but the red one also cost 30 dollars more. so I was confused

the red one was japan exclusive i think

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

http://stores.horiusa.com/real-arcade-pro-4-premium-vlx-for-playstation-4/ this one looks cool but i don't have 300 dollars to drop on a stick atm

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the aztec character in sf5 is max calavera from sepultura

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

it's not all that suprising altho it seems like it would help build interest in the game ,

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

there's nothing saying you can't stream, so basically only people streaming will be FGC freaks or personalities anyway so it will prolly cut down on the high volume of streams and get people looking at players Capcom wants to promote . at least, IMO, pulling something completely out of my rear end.

i don't like fgc ppl and i especially dislike "famous" streamers.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mmmm haha speaking of favorite match at evo 2k15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF-SvOONxYc

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i like the gamerbee and sako but they won't be streaming since they live in paradise aka japan and can go to arcades. well ,the gamerbee is taiwan but kaoshung, hwa lien, and taipei are cool.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

it would be ool 2 be infiltration beause you'd get to play videogames ad be drunk all the time for a living

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

was infiltration the guy slugging a 40 at SEAM.

yes

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I used a random number generator and arrived at this game https://www.fightcade.com/game/gowcaizr if we wanna have a double elimination tournament for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQK_uoBUHo the bg of this stage has cool conjoined twin baby thugz

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

pretty suprised the netcode in a fighting game is hot garbage.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i was watching someone play kof13 yesterday and i remembered it's cool to do mai's raw neomax at the start of the round, and some of the randos online are prolly stupid enough to get hit by it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I'm going to wait for my new stick and then I'll play Ultimax or Xrd. Or a PC game if I can get it easily working on there

ps4 stix are plug n play basically i think, no more dicking with chinese malware haha

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

lol. Get uh, KOF 98, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and Breaker's Revenge, and Windjammers.

2k2 is good too imo and has angela, a hot babe.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I've decided, the next Imp Zone fightcade tournament isn't going to be a random game, it's going to be 3rd Strike. Submit your name and time available below, so we can figure out the best fighter Imp Zone has.

i've never played 3s for more than 10 minutes.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

play 2nd impa ct instead

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i knwo, but i never played them in arcades or on console much, and i'm unwilling to learn 6 button games since i mostly played snk crap, a million years ago (i am mexica

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'd rather watch sonic speedruns forever than watch or play uniel :doge::henget::shibe:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i don't know how to play it andi don't have tohe rom

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Pick Chun Li and mash Med Kick

ppl still playing chuin in 3s in tyool 2k15 are gay

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

use makoto instead and do the grabby thing

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ibuki is cool beausse she has a mask

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HUGo

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

alright, i'm going to learn 3s makoto because the big hands song that people think is from the 90s, but is really form the 80s

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

try typing roms into google is a hot tip for finding roms.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

old fuckin romsets may not work with whatever version of fba fightcade uses, also.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

idk about fba but i love it when every new version of mame breaks the 5 shmups i play on it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I probably would have won the realllllly close fighting game match online if I hadn't accidentally violently ripped my ethernet cable out of the socket pulling part of the wall out with it.

i got infected with aids so i lost

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

wtf how is that 1st hitting doing all that damage even on chipp.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

enuff z enuff refs in tyool 2k15 thank u guilty gear

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

oh it's set up so the first hit is a mortal counter. I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mango gay touchies posted:

he had a fully cranked guard bar so it was the highest possible kind of counterhit and did a shitload of damage

i didn't know the guardbar affected damage i thot it was just like a guard break bar. amazing.

• Locked thread