Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
There's a US version? I just sort of assumed it was japanese exclusive. Well now that I know what's in the future, time to get a JP version and prepare because these cooler guys are kicking my rear end. Watch me get like, a saibaman as my starter this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

vulturesrow posted:

What are your gachas of choice then?

I've been playing Final Fantasy Record Keeper for the most part. I used to play Brave Frontier all the time before I just kind of burnt out on it and my life got busier so I stopped playing that and One Piece around the same time. It's probably still solid though since that thread still seems to be active and the game's had a bunch of updates since I stopped. Never really got into PAD and Terra Battle, but I assume they're good if you like that type of gameplay. I started playing Love Live again since I was in the mood for a rhythm game, so if you can stomach school idols, it's a decent rhythm game to kill time with.

Discovered Elemental Wings a couple of weeks ago, it's not really that good but it reminds me strongly of Touhou. It's a Korean Shmup with gatcha mechanics for elements, so there's a decent variety of powers. It's basically only one long level though so it's really just score attack to see how much better you can get. The Korean version seems to have more variety of bosses and music anyways compared to the global version with its one song, so maybe it'll improve at some point.

Speaking of shmups, Cave actually released a gacha shmup this year too. I'd try it, but my 4s can't handle it apparently so it crashes. Bleach Brave Souls also just dropped in Japan today too. It's an top-down action RPG with a team of 3, so that's neat.

Nuebot posted:

FFL is pretty good about it too. Is Super Light coming over for sure though? I played it in Japanese for a while but there was just way too much to keep up with and not enough of it was stuff I could translate and I deleted it out of frustration. Second I find out that's in English I'm grabbing it again.

Yeah, there was a preregistration event that just ended 2 days ago, so I assume it'll launch soon. I'm gonna start with a Bloody Blade!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Dang, I wish I knew about it! I can't even find anything about it on google, the top search result is just something in arabic.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Nuebot posted:

Dang, I wish I knew about it! I can't even find anything about it on google, the top search result is just something in arabic.

I was gonna link you the site, and then I noticed it had already ended. http://dqmsl.garena.com/preregistration/?l=en

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

You needed a facebook anyway. I'm still like the only person in the world without one. Oh well, I'll have to keep an eye out for its proper release so I can grab it on day one or something. It's not that hard starting off anyway.

Anyway I typo'd my name in this game without realizing when I grabbed the English version and fun fact: it has an easy restart option when you reinstall. So many other games make it a pain in the rear end to restart or don't let you restart at all.
EDIT: I got a freezer! I'm pretty happy with this starter.

Is there any trick to this I'm missing? I never seem to be able to get my super attacks off and every event stage kicks my rear end.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jul 25, 2015

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Nuebot posted:

You needed a facebook anyway. I'm still like the only person in the world without one. Oh well, I'll have to keep an eye out for its proper release so I can grab it on day one or something. It's not that hard starting off anyway.

Anyway I typo'd my name in this game without realizing when I grabbed the English version and fun fact: it has an easy restart option when you reinstall. So many other games make it a pain in the rear end to restart or don't let you restart at all.

Is there any trick to this I'm missing? I never seem to be able to get my super attacks off and every event stage kicks my rear end.

Get some levels/better characters from doing the story missions first. Also the spheres hate you and will always fall in the least optimal way.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Get some levels/better characters from doing the story missions first. Also the spheres hate you and will always fall in the least optimal way.

I think it's the spheres then. I can get this Z Hard goku mission almost dead but I just can't get any good sphere matchups to do a lot of damage and he slowly kills me.

Also I love Z Hard and am so glad that's what they picked for the difficulty name.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Pro tip for dragonball, though the game tells you too in one of its loading screens. You can hold onto the bottom orb to see how they'll line up, and cancel out by sliding your finger down. Predicting how the orbs will fall is still a crapshoot, but at least you know which color the game will pick when there's a rainbow orb.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So having a long, slow fight with Raditz in the event stage. I'm sure I'll win but it'll take a while. I finally get one of Hercule's super moves off. It does about 3/4ths of Raditz's max HP in one go. At least super moves are worth it for how hard they are to pull off. The third Raditz quest is kind of bullshit though.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jul 25, 2015

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

vulturesrow posted:

What are your gachas of choice then?

I used to play a lot of Dragon Poker but I don't like the direction the devs have taken that game. Got three versions of PAD though cause :shepface: Also started playing a bit of Summons Board.

If you want more anime in your gachagames try playing Divine Gate, which in some ways has become the Weiss Schwartz of the genre.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

dragon enthusiast posted:

I used to play a lot of Dragon Poker but I don't like the direction the devs have taken that game. Got three versions of PAD though cause :shepface: Also started playing a bit of Summons Board.

If you want more anime in your gachagames try playing Divine Gate, which in some ways has become the Weiss Schwartz of the genre.

Divine Gate is pretty fun but it's a bit spastic. I wound up removing it because it's just non-stop events and the events have rare invades like PAD, except they're on timers and don't have a 100% drop rate and it was just too much to keep up with.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Nuebot posted:

Yeah, do some more story mode. You need the stones for early pulls, plus your first Shenron wish is pretty important.

As for specials, dudes with bonus ki are really good. Vegeta from the last event and Cyborg Tao make really good team leads, even if you only have two of that type.

Keep an eye out for links and good secondaries. The people who link can surprise you and those secondaries can make R guys like Jeice really good. You're kind of stuck with the Z-Fighters early on, but you can get good type variety from them until you find some support for your Frieza. Hopefully you'll get some good folks that link with him, I know I've seen a bunch of links with him in them.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
I really want to like the game, but it's really not giving me an easy time. I've pulled like 10 Chiaotzu using dragon stones, every useful character I have is from grinding events basically(I started with Roshi).

Edit: And only after reading this thread do I find out I could have been combining those Chiaotzu and getting way more exp. Argh.

Zeron fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jul 25, 2015

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
At least you can play. I've downloaded dokkan battle 7 or 8 times and get nothing but a verification error.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
Cyborg Tao is okay. He can be in the same team with your Mercenary Tao, and the super they share rarely applies an instant death effect (haven't seen it happen) which could conceivably be used to cheese a boss you couldn't beat otherwise. He's also afaik unique, so you're not going to go and pull a better version tomorrow.

The best level I've found to grind character xp (through a ton of N card drops to level and awaken) is Hard Ghost Town Investigation, under The Ultimate Life Form, though it only gives you green guys. Through rank 20 you can run it endlessly too

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

If you have a Frieza and a Zarbon with the Metamorphosis link, there's a bug that lets you regen a bunch of health every time you have them together.

Basically you put them on left and middle to trigger the link, take the first turn, then switch the middle one away and back to middle to trigger the link a second time and heal again, take a turn, then drag the final character away from their spot and back into it to trigger the heal a third time.

Each time is generating 5% (per character, so 10% total) of your HP back so it adds up pretty quick.

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jul 26, 2015

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
Anyone know if the multi-summon might give you better drop rates, or is that just wishful thinking?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Esroc posted:

Anyone know if the multi-summon might give you better drop rates, or is that just wishful thinking?

Everything I've heard says no, it's just there for convenience.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
This is fun! My user ID is 356902282. Captain Ginyu will blast your foes with his Milky Cannon :gizz:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Oh neat, a R Yajirobe! I wonder what he has going on.

Tough as Nails :stare:
+1500 Atk when 3rd. :catstare:

I have no idea who my friend charater is, I end up taking the wrong team in half the time, so I have no idea where it saves your current team. It's probably Saiyan Elite Vegeta? But I will glady add Shine so as to take advantage of his Milky Cannon.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Here's a question. According to Tao's link stats there's a Mecha Frieza, anyone know how to get him?

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
There's no mecha frieza in the normal summon list, probably an event that hasn't happened yet.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Oh good, I was worried I missed an event. I wonder how viable a whole team of Friezas will be.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Mecha Frieza, Goku (Kid) and a few others are listed in links but not yet available.

You probably won't be able to do an all-Frieza team though, the game usually blocks you from using two of the same character on the same team even if their ranks vary. But maybe the different forms count as different characters like it does with Goku and SSJ Goku? I dunno.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

Mecha Frieza, Goku (Kid) and a few others are listed in links but not yet available.

You probably won't be able to do an all-Frieza team though, the game usually blocks you from using two of the same character on the same team even if their ranks vary. But maybe the different forms count as different characters like it does with Goku and SSJ Goku? I dunno.

Well you can use Tao and Mecha Tao so I figure Frieza, Mecha Frieza, Cooler and Mecha Cooler, King Cold and Chilled. Assuming all of those ever get put into the game. If not then replace with separate forms if they count as separate characters.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I snagged Cyber Tao today too. He's not quite as strong yet, but he's replacing my R Z-Awakened Krillin.. I actually like doing the little missions like that over and over, they're quick, easy, decent money, decent items, and possibility of a good card.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

New Leaf posted:

I snagged Cyber Tao today too. He's not quite as strong yet, but he's replacing my R Z-Awakened Krillin.. I actually like doing the little missions like that over and over, they're quick, easy, decent money, decent items, and possibility of a good card.

Once you can beat Tao solidly he's pretty easy to farm too. I'm trying to farm him to level mine's super. Hopefully I'll be able to tackle the higher difficulties soon.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
I hope after they finishing introducing all the major characters and their forms they go the Heroes route and start throwing in what-if characters like SSj3 Trunks or Bebi Janemba.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Esroc posted:

I hope after they finishing introducing all the major characters and their forms they go the Heroes route and start throwing in what-if characters like SSj3 Trunks or Bebi Janemba.

SSJ4 Broli would be fun. So would some of the joke fusion characters like Cellin.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
gokule or go home

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Esroc posted:

Don't they have Heroes' manga characters in the game? I could've sworn I saw a Freeza's named Forte.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Nuebot posted:

Once you can beat Tao solidly he's pretty easy to farm too. I'm trying to farm him to level mine's super. Hopefully I'll be able to tackle the higher difficulties soon.

I farmed up enough kid Gohan to get his super to 10 and he does the most damage out of all of my characters. Trying for more Cyber Tao, but only got one so far. I can easily beat Hard, but Z rank I don't think I can manage without burning stones, so that is out. I have dumped at least 3 stamina bars on him so far :(

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

My first time back I got a second Tao, but the subsequent half-dozen times I got nothing.. It's still a decent item run. I wish I could spend Zeni for healing items. That's the biggest thing holding me back from progressing with my Hard run. Enemies that can hit you for 25k on a Super are brutal. Almost have to stay topped off.

Did anyone come up with a good farming level?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

New Leaf posted:

My first time back I got a second Tao, but the subsequent half-dozen times I got nothing.. It's still a decent item run. I wish I could spend Zeni for healing items. That's the biggest thing holding me back from progressing with my Hard run. Enemies that can hit you for 25k on a Super are brutal. Almost have to stay topped off.

Did anyone come up with a good farming level?

The last vs Vegeta level gives a good bit of rank xp on hard. You have to hit pretty hard to beat it though.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

The last vs Vegeta level gives a good bit of rank xp on hard. You have to hit pretty hard to beat it though.

Which one? The "Arise, Saiyan Prince" level or the "Assault of the Saiyans" one?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
I picked up Cyber Tao last night. That makes two SR Str characters that I have now. Think I'm going to farm kid Gohan to get his Super up and then see if I can get a few more Cyber Taos to drop. Btw if you get a friend request from Slim, that's me and not done random.

vulturesrow fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jul 26, 2015

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I thought Goku HAD to be super saiyan during the summoning scene to get a super rare or better, but I guess not since I got SR Ginyu from normal Goku.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I thought Goku HAD to be super saiyan during the summoning scene to get a super rare or better, but I guess not since I got SR Ginyu from normal Goku.

Yeah I think it's just a luck bonus.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

My first two stone summons had Super Saiyan Goku, and then I never saw him again. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Finally got the Tao event character, and now I get two more right after getting the first.