Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
So did either of these LRs take the top OP dokkanfest LR spot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

buuhan is the best defender and i think when fused vegito has one of the highest averages per turn

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That free 60 stones got me the new LR Vegito. I'm torn on if I should keep summoning for LR SS4 Goku and Transforming Bardock or save Gohan.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

What even is considered the top OP unit at this point

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

LR Gohan was but now the new Buu and Goku/Vegeta are. They're both real, real strong.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I took a vegito friend to buu saga SBR and he carried me through it on the first try. He was doing 1m+ counters on the last stage, pretty crazy. Buu seems more fun though, enabling a team that isn't just all your best fusion and super saiyan LRs.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Oh Snapple! posted:

What even is considered the top OP unit at this point

You can make an argument for this Vegito, UI Goku, Goku and Vegeta, the blue fusions, and Jiren

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

CidGregor posted:

Yeah that's it. Large orbs come in much smaller quantities, so it can seem pretty disproportionate. Especially if you roll at the lower end of the drop table for them.

For reference, with all five orb events, the left path boss always gives small/medium orbs, the middle path boss always gives medium/large orbs, and the right path boss always gives large/small orbs, and they give 'more' (relatively speaking) of the first type than the second. So you'd get less large orbs from the middle path than the right path, for example.

Ah, thanks! Because the quantity was so low, I thought something was wrong.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Burned some more stones on the Buuhan banner and got... the non-LR one after getting a bunch of special summon animations. :sigh:

Got 550 Dokkan tokens to use to pick up a useful dokkan LR at some point in the future at least.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
This Battlefield rotation is way more fun than the last one. Helps, I suppose, that it's shorter.

And seeing the super attacks for the exchange buu and gotenks we don't have on global is neat.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The super attack for the new Tien is really loving good

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
We just got another pile of stones due to hitting #1 in a handful of countries.

Tossed 50 stones at the buuhan banner and got a 2nd copy of LR Gohan. Not the LR I wanted but tanky Gohan getting even tankier is ok.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wow, on the last multi I was gonna do on the buu banner I got PHY Buutenks. Thank You Dokkan

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I got lord Buu from the bonus stones too, feeling blessed. Now I've run out of kais skilling up the whole team, trying my hardest to scrounge up some to get agl Buucolo to 10/10.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

junan_paalla posted:

I got lord Buu from the bonus stones too, feeling blessed. Now I've run out of kais skilling up the whole team, trying my hardest to scrounge up some to get agl Buucolo to 10/10.

Piccolo-absorbed buu is at least semi-grindable with all those SR piccolo-Buus you'll probably get pulling on the Buu banner; if you Z- awaken them to SSR before training them into the new Buucolo and get that 50% shot at SA levels, that might save you a few kais.

I've done about five rotations total so far and gotten none of the new units, but I got a third dupe for LR AGL Gohan, and newly-acquired STR Cooler and INT Angel Goku, so I guess it hasn't been a total bust so far. Still hoping for another stoke of luck when the launch event comes back around, the next multipull gets me a freebie.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

junan_paalla posted:

Don't waste Kai's on cards like him. Only use them on stuff that's known to be good or you use alot like LR Gohan or LR Goten and Gohan or Cooler.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Are summon SRs that can eventually Dokkan awaken to URs worth investing in?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Batting 0/14 on pulls on these banners for the leads. I guess I'll have to be content with all these dupes.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Chaotic Flame posted:

Not really. It's easy enough to get them to SA10, but you need to invest 4 more copies to fully unlock their hidden potential since they start at SRs and even then they're usually worse than the random SSRs you pull from the gacha, largely in part due to the fact that a lot of the SRs to TURs are older units with subpar passives and super attacks and even the more recent ones (GT Trunks, Evil Buu) are still overshadowed by banner units. If you want to build them up they have a use now because of events like chain battle, but by and large they're just collector's items at this point or glorified 50% SA chances for better units (Salza, Buucolo, Evil Buu).

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Chaotic Flame posted:

The only summonable SRs that are legitimately useful right now are INT Chiaotzu and TEQ Jaco, due to their team-wide stun ability, which makes them very good in World Tournaments and their respective mono-type SBR stages. There's also a couple of grindable SRs that are at least moderately viable for F2P teams/events, like the INT Trunks from the "Fight Against Despair" story event that goes all the way up to TUR and has an EZA. And there's that one grindable R Goku card that awakens all the way up to a TUR SS3 Angel Goku. But beyond that, yeah, most of them just do not compare to most summonable SSRs anymore.

That said, I do like to keep the SRs that at least dokkan awaken into URs, because sometimes you never know when something's gonna get a ridiculous surprise awakening, and it's true that they have renewed usefulness in chain battle, if only as potential supports if the right 'advantaged' categories come up.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Speaking of raising super attacks, I'm wondering if its worth raising the super attack of the PHY Super Buu that just got an awakening. The Extreme PHY Support. Does he do good damage, or is he purely just a great link/support for LR Buutenks?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Speaking of raising super attacks, I'm wondering if its worth raising the super attack of the PHY Super Buu that just got an awakening. The Extreme PHY Support. Does he do good damage, or is he purely just a great link/support for LR Buutenks?

He's an amazing leader for Extreme PHY in both battlefield and Extreme SBR. You know, whenever we get it.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Managed to get the new STR Goku/Vegeta, threw him on my Final Trump Card team for now. I'm digging the link levelling. Also scored Majin Vegeta and PHY Future Gohan, so some new leaders for relevant teams, at least.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

My last free pull on the Buutenks banner gave me two copies of the new LR Buutenks. Used red coins to buy my first TEQ Majin Vegeta and I'm done.

Still have 1,000 red coins that will be ready when Blue Gogeta comes back over Thanksgiving.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

a neat cape posted:

My last free pull on the Buutenks banner gave me two copies of the new LR Buutenks.

:argh:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

It was after three rotations of garbage so I was surprised as anyone

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
Vegito joined me quickly, Buuhan took a lot longer, but I'm not dupe hunting on these guys. I'll probably get their dupes when trying to pull the 6th Anniversary units. Vegito seems really fun, but I haven't had to try out Buuhan yet.

I've already gotten 7 units 100% links upgrade, but it's taken a lot of stamina and refreshes.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Cozz posted:

Vegito joined me quickly, Buuhan took a lot longer, but I'm not dupe hunting on these guys. I'll probably get their dupes when trying to pull the 6th Anniversary units. Vegito seems really fun, but I haven't had to try out Buuhan yet.

I've already gotten 7 units 100% links upgrade, but it's taken a lot of stamina and refreshes.

I've been working on links for the 120% leads since they've already starting EZAing on JP.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm not gonna grind them. Just gonna play normally and let it happen naturally. Dokkan awakening stuff I got this year that I prolly won't use much helps too. Also farming super strikes for cards SAs I've been lazy to do.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Grinding links sounds awful. I could almost understand it for a boss team since lvl 10 Big Bad Bosses is just a flat 25% atk/def at all times but even then it probably takes hours and hours of non-stop grinding (and god knows how many thousands of stamina).

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

I fully understand not grinding them, as it is not the most engaging content just watching Broly AOE Saibamen. I was just doing some of my favorite units before I get frustrated with the grind.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Cleared SS3 SBR with the new-ish INT SS3 goku lead. Would have been way easier if I'd raised the EZA SS3 Vegeta's super attack oops. Really glad I had the Xeno SS3 Goku, he's good. Wish I'd pulled the Vegeta too.

Also ran over the Transformation Boost with my newly rainbowed Cooler... I lucksacked a couple of really good stuns with the aoe STR Buu, but I only needed them because I brought 3/4 wrong items oops.

All that's left is Giant Form, and Ginyu.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

So is there anny easy way to farm SSR Tiens to feed to the new one? He's pretty great.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Evil Fluffy posted:

So is there anny easy way to farm SSR Tiens to feed to the new one? He's pretty great.

There's a Super Strike, I think he's AGL, and you can farm him and get 50% chance for his SA.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

Cozz posted:

There's a Super Strike, I think he's AGL, and you can farm him and get 50% chance for his SA.

He also has a couple of SRs that drop a lot on that banner, so if you've been pulling on it you probably have a bunch of those too. Both those and the super strike Tien though, again, are SRs, so it's kind of a pain to Z-awaken each one individually for the 50% chance at an SA level. That being said, there's no grindable SSR Tien, so that's as good as it gets currently.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I'll probably give those a try then.

Farmed some EZAs for another 50 stones, got an extra AGL ult Gohan, but the free pull afterwards gave me my first Goku+Vegeta(angel) fusion LR. So I've gotten both non-Buutenks LRs from the 2nd banner now. :confuoot:
(and another TEQ SSJ3 Vegeta but w/e)

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Can any awakening medal show up in Baba's shop for trade points or am I forever doomed to have Beerus sitting at UR forever? I have a Beerus I can't awaken to LR because I need medals that I can only purchase with pudding but don't have enough Story Keys to run the event to get enough puddings. Related, are there any guaranteed SSR drops that I can farm to trade to Baba for pts? Now that I've unlocked enough slots, I find there's always something I want to get and my pts are rapidly decreasing.

Also, I defeated the Lv. 30 Beerus EZ battle by the skin of my teeth (and have my first fully EZA'd character!). What's crazy to me is that the Buuhan EZ battle is already about as difficult as those later Beerus stages and I'm only in the late teens.

Chaotic Flame fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Sep 10, 2020

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Got my first double LR multipull. Both LRs were SSJ4 Vegeta. :sigh:

So now I have all the non-Buutenks LRs from that banner because I forgot SSJ4 Vegeta was an LR too.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
So what's the smart bet for part 2? Standard pool LR and EZA wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Chaotic Flame posted:

Can any awakening medal show up in Baba's shop for trade points or am I forever doomed to have Beerus sitting at UR forever? I have a Beerus I can't awaken to LR because I need medals that I can only purchase with pudding but don't have enough Story Keys to run the event to get enough puddings. Related, are there any guaranteed SSR drops that I can farm to trade to Baba for pts? Now that I've unlocked enough slots, I find there's always something I want to get and my pts are rapidly decreasing.

Also, I defeated the Lv. 30 Beerus EZ battle by the skin of my teeth (and have my first fully EZA'd character!). What's crazy to me is that the Buuhan EZ battle is already about as difficult as those later Beerus stages and I'm only in the late teens.

Yep. Either have to have keys or the event active.