Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

a neat cape posted:

Buutenks yes absolutely

Hercule just farm up a second copy

So much zeni...but worth it in the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Tossed 50 at the new banner, got some random non-banner trash SSR Vegeta. What's the next big thing coming our way, Goku + Vegeta blue duo card sometime in a month or so then LR Jiren a bit after that?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Tossed 50 at the new banner, got some random non-banner trash SSR Vegeta. What's the next big thing coming our way, Goku + Vegeta blue duo card sometime in a month or so then LR Jiren a bit after that?

TEQ Ultimate Gohan should be next, who is utterly broken. After that should be a Heroes banner, then probably the Gotenks/Buu dual dokkanfest in November, Blue Goku and Vegeta after that, then Jiren after that.

V Jump just revealed JPs next dokkanfest is gonna be a transformation golden frieza

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

I ... I ran out of Gregory.

How!?

I had like 2000. :negative:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Ranzear posted:

How!?

If you farm anything, nine times out of ten it needs Gregory medals. I had about that much before the 5th anniversary.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Extreme TEQ done.

Just Super INT left and I don't have LR God Goku

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Ranzear posted:

How!?

Rudoku posted:

If you farm anything, nine times out of ten it needs Gregory medals. I had about that much before the 5th anniversary.

Yeah for whatever reason Gregory is by far the most commonly-needed of the three 'basic' medals. Buy them every time you see them in baba's shop, especially if you have a farming project or two.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Dear diary, I never thought it would happen to me

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
After so many failed attempts, I beat vs Extreme STR ESBR. So satisfying to get finally get that victory.

I feel dirty using Dodge Skill Orbs on my units though, but since I got so many of them may as well use them. 2 down, 8 to go. I think the only one near the frustration of vs Extreme Strength is vs Super AGL, but I think that's due to Extreme TEQ's linking issues.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Cozz posted:

After so many failed attempts, I beat vs Extreme STR ESBR. So satisfying to get finally get that victory.

I feel dirty using Dodge Skill Orbs on my units though, but since I got so many of them may as well use them. 2 down, 8 to go. I think the only one near the frustration of vs Extreme Strength is vs Super AGL, but I think that's due to Extreme TEQ's linking issues.

I literally jumped up and down when I beat vs Extreme STR. It just took a little creative team building. I never thought I'd leave AGL LR Gohan and Kale and Caulifla on the bench.

vs Super AGL is pure RNG. I was up til 2am last night trying to get it done, but finally did it.

vs Extreme TEQ is my last one and I'm at a loss.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Almost had vs Super INT, but I was a little too conservative with items in the last fight.... and the EZA PHY Kid Buu isn't quite as good as the Extreme PHY support buu I don't have.

The LR Broly trio is really bonkers good though.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Almost had vs Super INT, but I was a little too conservative with items in the last fight.... and the EZA PHY Kid Buu isn't quite as good as the Extreme PHY support buu I don't have.

The LR Broly trio is really bonkers good though.

I used a movie boss/full power team for that. Double DBS Broly, EZA PHY Broly, EZA Full power frieza, final form Cooler, and the f2p golden frieza

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Can we get top grossing tonight pls

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
14 stones I hate this loving game

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Captain Baal posted:

14 stones I hate this loving game

That's normal?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
For big celebrations?

Edit: Oh wait, apparently we only got 14 for Broly and Black too. Which is weird given we got 30 the previous year for both 4th Anniversary and 300ml DL's part 2 banners which probably just means this is a result of the stupid top grossing policy they made for global since the Kaoiken Blue Goku poo poo happened.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Sep 19, 2020

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Buutenks and a full Majin team is kind of crazy. Unless I'm demolished in a single SA or something, it seems like this team can't die except to super difficult content. Constant healing, LR Buutenks friends means you're dealing crazy damage every turn, he can tank pretty well, everyone has a healing link, etc. It's a good team for random pulls and being mostly f2p (bought a beginner pack and stone deal once with Play credits).

Now if only this team could handle Buuhan's EZ battle past 19. I just want that buffed passive. :negative:

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Chaotic Flame posted:

Buutenks and a full Majin team is kind of crazy. Unless I'm demolished in a single SA or something, it seems like this team can't die except to super difficult content. Constant healing, LR Buutenks friends means you're dealing crazy damage every turn, he can tank pretty well, everyone has a healing link, etc. It's a good team for random pulls and being mostly f2p (bought a beginner pack and stone deal once with Play credits).

Now if only this team could handle Buuhan's EZ battle past 19. I just want that buffed passive. :negative:

Do you have a Potara team? Anything other than Potara is going to get smacked after around level 20 on Buuhan's EZA.

Beat two ESBR's this morning, vs Super Int (LR Buutenks, Broly Trio and Omega did some work on this stage) and vs Super Phy (Two EZA Omega's are really good,, as well as Rose seems to be a good debuff party).

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I thought someone said that a summon animation with Buu carrying Mr. Satan meant you're going to get an LR. If so, that's wrong. I ended up with a Piccolo + Kami fusion SSR when I saw them. New unit, at least.

Captain Baal posted:

For big celebrations?

Edit: Oh wait, apparently we only got 14 for Broly and Black too. Which is weird given we got 30 the previous year for both 4th Anniversary and 300ml DL's part 2 banners which probably just means this is a result of the stupid top grossing policy they made for global since the Kaoiken Blue Goku poo poo happened.

Isn't the top grossing amount based heavily on where and how many places hit top grossing?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Cozz posted:

Do you have a Potara team? Anything other than Potara is going to get smacked after around level 20 on Buuhan's EZA.

Nah, Potara is one of my weakest categories right now

I was able to brute force (and some luck) my way to Beerus 31 with a mixed ROG/other team but that's clearly not going to work here.

Though that reminds me, I have an AGL Ulthan waiting to be EZA'd and now I have a full MB Saga team. Time to level up and grab some kais.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

I thought someone said that a summon animation with Buu carrying Mr. Satan meant you're going to get an LR. If so, that's wrong. I ended up with a Piccolo + Kami fusion SSR when I saw them. New unit, at least.

Isn't the top grossing amount based heavily on where and how many places hit top grossing?

It means an LR on an LR banner. On a dokkanfest banner it just means a dokkanfest exclusive or LR.

The only guaranteed LR animation in the game is Vegito Blue

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's based on amount of countries and how many storefronts hit it in their respective countries. Japan's top grossing is entirely based on if Japan and only Japan gets top grossing on either the App Store or Google Play store or both, it's very different for Global. The main difference between top grossing as of this year and top grossing every year prior is top grossing used to be a flat amount. Basically, one country could hit top grossing and if Akatsuki felt like it they would drop however many stones they wanted for that achievement, the LR Teq Broly was the most significant one where this happened and we got like 30 stones just for France and only France hitting top grossing for that banner. This however did have its issues in that Akatsuki would just decide on their own what banners were allowed to be rewarded for top grossing almost arbitrarily (Usually if JP got it or not). This was really apparent during the STR SSBKK Goku banner from christmas last year where Global Dokkan was definitely spending money on that banner and had more than a few top grossings in various countries to prove it, but we just never got top grossing because I guess the guys at Akatsuki decided in their head global wasn't gonna roll on that banner very much (JP ended up not getting it either). However, next week the Kale and Caulifla Legendary Banner popped up which got top grossing in five countries and got us 30. We did get 20 for "Passionate Support" but it was never really stated what we got that for other than bitching about the Top Grossing policy a lot.

Since then they've changed the top grossing policy to now be we get it for whenever any country gets top grossing and it's 7 stones per country. This has the benefit of having a variable attached to it meaning we can get a lot of stones if a lot of countries spend money. The issue though is global kind of sucks in that the majority of the playerbase only ever go in on banners with meta-defining units and occasionally a cool LR. This has its exceptions like Android 13 who is incredibly good, but no one gives a poo poo about Android 13 and his banner wasn't that great so of course no one's gonna try and get him. This has created some unique top grossings like the STR Cooler banner where we got top grossing despite the fact JP did not because that Cooler was really drat good and his banner was actually kinda decent. For the most part though Global players care far more about character utility than Japan does, not to say they don't but they will roll on banners with characters they like. This especially creates a more significant divide in like players who want the roster to be more diverse and have banners with different characters on them, but don't actually end up rolling for said characters (Tbf, some of those banners kinda suck).

In summation, I was just bitching about getting 14 stones because I wanted more and the LR Angel Vegeta banner has been loving me despite me putting 1000+ stones into it and the current top grossing policy for global is honestly fine. I am almost at 1000 gold coins though so I will probably end up rolling the Jiren banner just to pad out the remainder I need to afford both the Good Boy Broly LR and this Vegeta LR.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
cleared vs Extreme INT, thanks Super Phy for having a zillion stunners/sealers.

e: and v extreme PHY, because STR Whis and EZA SS3 Vegeta are very good, even if they had jack for ki links.

LibrarianCroaker fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Sep 20, 2020

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Legitimately I think I want a friend AGL Super Vegito lead for vs Extreme STR, shame my list is full of ss4 gokus and transforming gohans.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Cleared vs Extreme STR, Tapion the unexpected MVP. On the one hand, he did waste some item turns, on the other hand he takes supers like a champ and lowers attack so.

Got pretty lucky and had the dokkan attack for the last round vs the cell+cell jrs squad.

No idea how I would've done that without LR spirit bomb goku...

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

And all 10 ESBR's completed. Vs Extreme AGL took me a while to figure out the best team, as I thought about going with a Final Trump Card team relying on Candy Vegito would be the best. Then I tried going with TEQ Tien leading so I could rely on the healing Gohan and Beerus, along with Candy Vegito. Then I decided to go with Goku's Family/Siblings bond, and then decided have Jaco join as well, which worked. Also helped that I fought Cooler and Boujack so SSG Goku could tank for double digit damage.

So I guess back to the link grind?

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Final Trump Card took down v Extreme AGL, just v Extreme TEQ and then I can work on v Super everything.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Cozz posted:

And all 10 ESBR's completed. Vs Extreme AGL took me a while to figure out the best team, as I thought about going with a Final Trump Card team relying on Candy Vegito would be the best. Then I tried going with TEQ Tien leading so I could rely on the healing Gohan and Beerus, along with Candy Vegito. Then I decided to go with Goku's Family/Siblings bond, and then decided have Jaco join as well, which worked. Also helped that I fought Cooler and Boujack so SSG Goku could tank for double digit damage.

So I guess back to the link grind?

And hoping they add in the next set of Category SBR for us soon.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
I need more Whis items to do the SBRs.

Waiting patiently for that WT prep.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I hit over 11 million damage with EZA Beerus :stare:

It wasn't during the punching machine event :negative:

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Cleared vs Super INT. I had legit forgotten how absurdly strong the LR Android trio was until i took one as a friend.

vs Extreme TEQ is hard, I just feel like I have no one good to put in the first slot, and not enough attack debuffing...

LibrarianCroaker fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Sep 24, 2020

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Cleared vs Super INT. I had legit forgotten how absurdly strong the LR Android trio was until i took one as a friend.

vs Extreme TEQ is hard, I just feel like I have no one good to put in the first slot, and not enough attack debuffing...

Not sure who you have, but I used a double LR Super Vegito, EZA Blue Vegeta, Vados, Mr. Satan, Future Mai, and Kid Goku

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Well I have all of those, but half of them are undokkan'd and sa1, thanks.

Got my 1k day Goku today, and cleared vs Super TEQ.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

For my vs Extreme Teq run, I went with Support Gohan as Lead, Mr. Satan, LR SSG Goku, Gotenks (w/ghost), LR Vegito and EZA SSB Vegeta. I think I was having trouble until I used a 100% friend GT Trio, which made me wish I had the GT Trio for myself.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
EZA STR Omega really does make vs Super PHY a complete joke.

And thanks to vs Super STR attempts, I learned that if you end a battle while in a giant form transformation, it does mess up your rotations. Ooops.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLItOyGuVLQ

Finally the Frieza and Cell from Pikkon fight get dokkans. It's funny how global is almost caught up on banners but we're missing a few dokkan awakenings.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

RBX posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLItOyGuVLQ

Finally the Frieza and Cell from Pikkon fight get dokkans. It's funny how global is almost caught up on banners but we're missing a few dokkan awakenings.

We're missing a billion EZAs, the Blue Bros, Gohan, and Jiren.

At least we get Gohan on Sunday

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
I think I'm gonna have to give up on vs Extreme TEQ and Super AGL for now, I'm down to my last ~10 android 8s.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

no super 17 EZA lmao what are they doing on global

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

a neat cape posted:

no super 17 EZA lmao what are they doing on global

Or even SSJ3 Broly or Kale/Caluifula. I hope this doesn't turn into an INT Janemba situation where he shows up much later than he should.