Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Have they done that in One Piece TC? Dokkan and them usually copy from each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Maybe they're conceding to the fact that the anime isn't coming back so they’ve run out of unique units to make... either way, this is a great change.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i don't think there's a reason to assume the anime isn't coming back

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I mean, I don't know the numbers, but if the anime did well enough, I can't see why it wouldn't get another season. And it's freaking Dragon Ball, so I'm sure it did good enough.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

the_steve posted:

I mean, I don't know the numbers, but if the anime did well enough, I can't see why it wouldn't get another season. And it's freaking Dragon Ball, so I'm sure it did good enough.

The anime will come back eventually. There's no need for them to rush it, it'll print money whenever they decide to do it

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Also artists are all tied up in other anime.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

JP getting an update where you can exchange dupes of summoned rainbowed units for coins

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
Meanwhile on the global version's update, one thing that's not really mentioned in any of the update news is that the potential stock at baba's trade-points shop has finally gotten a much-needed update/expansion, including some rare and difficult to find stuff. Check those trade point offers more often, I've already seen Barlot medals from the old crossover Fusions event that's STILL not available with portal of memories keys, as well as 15-packs of support items like Whis and the orb-changer/nuker combo items.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
How does INT EZA Gogeta compare to the STR anyway? He looks better at equal dupes but I can't tell if the bigger stats from the potential system make a rainbow STR better than a 2 dupe INT or whatever.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

LibrarianCroaker posted:

How does INT EZA Gogeta compare to the STR anyway? He looks better at equal dupes but I can't tell if the bigger stats from the potential system make a rainbow STR better than a 2 dupe INT or whatever.

I haven't had a chance to compare them, but I think that INT is considered better at any dupe due to the passive change (INT gets 120%ATK&Def + 40%ATK & DEf with 2 rainbow spheres, STR gets 77%ATK & Def + 35% ATK if he gets 5 rainbow spheres).

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

It IS kinda funny that the game will still be broken when this livestream happens

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

At least they're supposedly fixing it with ANOTHER long maintenance tomorrow

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wow, ten stones for the game being broken for a week. That’s really pathetic! At least the new Broly looks cool

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Wow, ten stones for the game being broken for a week. That’s really pathetic! At least the new Broly looks cool

LR Broly EZA is ridiculous

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wow this newest chain battle is ridiculous. This character list is awful!

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

What you don't like....*squints* endless Boujacks and SRs?

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
On the other hand I do like getting to use my cornucopia of Piccolos for once!

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

I think I've come to terms with the fact that I'm never going to get past stage 8 of the LR Broly EZA event

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Fawf posted:

I think I've come to terms with the fact that I'm never going to get past stage 8 of the LR Broly EZA event

It's definitely a lot harder than I was expecting. 2x LR AGL Gohan is basically mandatory, and ideally you'll have LR Trunks and LR kid trunks/goten as well, but even then it's rough. Anything that's not a hybrid saiyan will take a billion damage from even basic hits. SS3 trunks is a good pick on defense, and LR Gohan/Goten, while off-type, can still do good damage and their active skill can very well be the thing that tips the scale when you get close to clearing a stage. Plus legendary power is apparently the critical link skill so any viable LR that's a hybrid saiyan is worth considering even if they aren't AGL (although with Gohan as a lead they'd better be kamehameha units instead).

The sixth slot is just kind of whatever, take your pick of bad choices. The old AGL SS2 gohan is decent for support but he won't hit very hard himself. AGL ultimate gohan is an EZA unit at least but otherwise he sucks. AGL SS Gotenks isn't much better. Family-kamehameha gohan is pretty generic as well. Xeno Trunks and bio-broly Goten have no defense. AGL Caulifla is a huge gamble cuz she might dodge a bunch but if she takes a hit it's basically game over. TEQ kid Trunks has damage reduction but I don't think that will do much for him if he's off-type unless the LR Gohan/Goten counts for triggering his boosted damage reduction, not positive about that one. And even that would require them to be on rotation together and my instinct is to have an LR Gohan every turn if at all possible, so it might not be worth the risk anyway....but on the other hand that's who I cleared stage 10 with, so maybe I'm talking myself into suggesting him after all.

Hope at least some of that rambling helps.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Mar 25, 2021

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

TEQ Caulifla is great because she’ll dodge all of Brolys attacks guaranteed. But even with her AND 2 AGL LR Gohans I’m having a rough time

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

CidGregor posted:

Hope at least some of that rambling helps.

It does, thank you. Sounds like I'm missing some key units but at least I've got SS3 Trunks I can toss in there for another go. TEQ Caulifla is an easy recommend as a sixth, she auto dodges literally everything and I'm not sure I would've gotten this far without her.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I brute forced it with a legendary hybrid saiyans team, STR ultimate gohan / AGL LR gohan / AGL LR gotenks / TEQ LR gobros / TEQ LR SS2 gohan / STR LR beepan, beepan was clutch with heals and buffing up the gobros active with her own.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Stage 10 got a little spicy, I was below 100k for a good chunk of the fight. Now to figure out where I'm going to get the Zeni to awaken this nerd.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TEQ Caulifla is great because she’ll dodge all of Brolys attacks guaranteed.

Fawf posted:

TEQ Caulifla is an easy recommend as a sixth, she auto dodges literally everything and I'm not sure I would've gotten this far without her.

Y'know, I'd instinctively disregarded her because she's not AGL or kamehameha so I figured she'd be dead weight on a Gohan-led team, but I guess none of that negates her perfect dodge, now that you mention it. That would probably be a big help even if she won't do poo poo on offense.

Echophonic posted:

Stage 10 got a little spicy, I was below 100k for a good chunk of the fight. Now to figure out where I'm going to get the Zeni to awaken this nerd.

Get ready to grind friend summons!

Or I guess push into endless modes on EZAs. 1.5m a pop is nothing to sneeze at.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Mar 25, 2021

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

CidGregor posted:

Y'know, I'd instinctively disregarded her because she's not AGL or kamehameha so I figured she'd be dead weight on a Gohan-led team, but I guess none of that negates her perfect dodge, now that you mention it. That would probably be a big help even if she won't do poo poo on offense.

Get ready to grind friend summons!

Or I guess push into endless modes on EZAs. 1.5m a pop is nothing to sneeze at.

The Bio-Broly event is pretty good cash in the first level. I have 205% for Resurrected Warriors with the Bio-Broly friend, so it's 750k a run minimum.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Sounds like the next Dokkanfest in JP could be Videl? Hopefully its not an April Fools thing and its a legit great Videl card.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Sounds like the next Dokkanfest in JP could be Videl? Hopefully its not an April Fools thing and its a legit great Videl card.

I dunno, isn't there a rule about the non-alien characters getting super good cards?

"Ok, you get a decent Videl, but she doesn't have any good links, only slots into one niche team that isn't very good since we won't give it any support, and we have to balance it out with another 5 Gokus."

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Global getting Pikkon and Janemba dual dokkanfest. They are okay and not worth summoning on, especially when we don't have the coin exchange mechanic

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm buying Goku Black with coins and nobody can talk me out of it!

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

New Videl for JP(?) 170 4ki peppy gals leader. Holy poo poo. She has the highest overall stats of all TURs. Why aren't we getting herrrrrr

https://twitter.com/dokkan_official/status/1377074667660410883?s=19

AGL TAPION IS GETTING AN EZA

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

RBX posted:

New Videl for JP(?) 170 4ki peppy gals leader. Holy poo poo. She has the highest overall stats of all TURs. Why aren't we getting herrrrrr

https://twitter.com/dokkan_official/status/1377074667660410883?s=19

AGL TAPION IS GETTING AN EZA

She's on like 4 categories and doesn't really link with the better characters in thr game unfortunately.

She'll also probably disappear from friends lists a week after she comes out. It's a shame because she rules

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Yeah, if you're not a saiyan or a major antagonist, you're not getting a super useful card.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Oops, I never realized the PHY SSJ Gotenks got his EZA, rip having a good leader for the butoden ez-areas.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

We’re getting the Golden Week units the same time as Japan??

Two Dual Dokkanfests in a row??

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

We’re getting the Golden Week units the same time as Japan??

Two Dual Dokkanfests in a row??

Catch the drat games up already

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

If we don't get the new coin exchange mechanic before this banner shows up, just lol

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
What's the new coin exchange mechanic?

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

LibrarianCroaker posted:

What's the new coin exchange mechanic?
The update after the anniversary on JP introduced the ability to trade banner-summoned SSRs for 3 blue/red/gold coins, depending on what type of banner you summoned it from, and provided you already have that character rainbowed.

It's extremely good and the YouTube whales have been recommending global players hoard stones until we get that update, but this new simultaneous celebration may throw a wrench into that.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They want us to spend more stones before anni.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

CidGregor posted:

The update after the anniversary on JP introduced the ability to trade banner-summoned SSRs for 3 blue/red/gold coins, depending on what type of banner you summoned it from, and provided you already have that character rainbowed.

It's extremely good and the YouTube whales have been recommending global players hoard stones until we get that update, but this new simultaneous celebration may throw a wrench into that.

Oh drat, that is good. nice.