Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Lol these new units are ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
I think I might have summoned for them if they transformed into SSJ4's, but since they're just standard GT characters I don't think I'll use the stones.

I'm glad we're finally getting more ESBR and a new IDBH stage though. While I don't mind grinding links to level 10 (108 units and counting), it'll be nice to have some other things to do.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

lol global

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

im just not gonna play until anniversary

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Got the new Vegeta on my first multi... that was easy

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Lol they shadow added the SS4 EZAs to the global news

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

So global is getting all the free EZAs that jp got, just a week and a half later. Cool

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Glad we're getting them all.

Anyone have any luck beating the category missions for the new Fighting Legend battle? I've been able to complete using Kamehameha (to beat it) and Battle of Wits, but I haven't had any luck with Reps of U7 and Power Absorption Beating this with some categories is going to feel pretty good I think.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Cozz posted:

Glad we're getting them all.

Anyone have any luck beating the category missions for the new Fighting Legend battle? I've been able to complete using Kamehameha (to beat it) and Battle of Wits, but I haven't had any luck with Reps of U7 and Power Absorption Beating this with some categories is going to feel pretty good I think.

U7 is gonna be hard until we get the anniversary units. The SSBE Vegeta from the anniversary was like, BUILT for this event

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

SSJ4 EZAs are looking good!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Well drat, I've finally got 500 red coins built back up.
Do I go for the LR SSJ4 Goku I've had my eye on for awhile? Or do I go for the LR Gogeta?

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

the_steve posted:

Well drat, I've finally got 500 red coins built back up.
Do I go for the LR SSJ4 Goku I've had my eye on for awhile? Or do I go for the LR Gogeta?

Unless you desperately want LR Gogeta NOW, save the coins until you finish all the pulls you feel like making on the anniversary banners, and then use the coins to pick up whatever you missed. Both LR SS4s are on those dual banners, and so are the INT Cell/AGL Gohan and STR Vegito/PHY Buutenks LRs. STR Gogeta/TEQ Vegito are not, though, so they won't be a coin option at that point. They might be back for the joint worldwide celebration in August/September-ish, though. So worst case scenario you can save your coins til the next time Gogeta comes up.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 00:49 on May 12, 2021

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The ss4 EZAs are better than the LR SS4s lol

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

So thanks to the SSJ4 EZA's (which are really good!) , I've been able to complete 5 of the 7 category missions. The only two remaining category missions that I have to complete are Reps of U7 (which I think I could do, but will probably be easier with all the EZA's and new units coming with the 6th Anniversary) and Corroded Body and Mind. I don't think Corroded Body and Mind can be reliably done without Teq Janemba, since the AGL and PHY options are rather limited if you try to use STR Rose's lead (and if want to take Teq Transforming Majin Vegeta, he won't buff your HP since he doesn't start as an extreme type), and AGL Rose and Teq Masked Sayian only give you an 80% buff. Not even sure if being able to both super Janembas with the same name update would make it easier.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I have never been more jealous of JP

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Yay for Garlic Jr fans, but I am not one of them. Maybe this will give us a new Kami for Namekians?

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

I'm by no means a Garlic Jr fan but it's been increasingly hilarious how long he's gone without a single card and I'll absolutely pull for that poor fucker

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Is that an LR-Trunks-in-a-Car? LR Goku-and-Piccolo-Learn-to-Drive when?

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

cptn_dr posted:

Is that an LR-Trunks-in-a-Car? LR Goku-and-Piccolo-Learn-to-Drive when?

It's the new SBR LR, and I believe it's just Trunks (Teen) (Not Trunks and Bulma).

Oh we get a new LR Super 17. Thank you for releasing a unit that's such an easy skip! ( I like EZA AGL Super 17 though).

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Decided, on a drat whim, to do one summon on the 17 banner:

I honestly can’t believe this

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

he goes well with 13

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Tossed a multi at 17, rainbowed LR SS3 Goku.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
With the Coin-Exchange update coming with the new patch version in the next day or two, I just wanted to take a moment to remind/warn y'all that exchanging summoned characters for coins has some very tight limitations that aren't immediately obvious unless you read the fine print of the newspost.

1) Only SSR characters can be exchanged, you won't be turning your junk cards into coins. This one is probably obvious but worth mentioning.
2) You have to have a character fully rainbowed AND dokkan-awakened to be able to exchange copies of their SSRs for coins.
3) Anything summoned from before this update is invalid. Anything you're hoarding right now, don't bother.
4) Only characters summoned from banners that actually cost dragon stones count. This means ticket summons of any kind won't count, obviously, but less obvious is that in any 3+1-free multi-summon discounts, you won't be able to turn cards you get from your free multi-summon into coins either.
5) Any banners CURRENTLY live, i.e. before the update drops, will not count. The GT SS Goku/SS Vegeta banners are gonna go away before the maintenance ends anyway, but the Super 17 LR banner will still be hanging around. Do NOT summon on it expecting to turn your junk SSRs into coins, because you won't be able to.

Assuming none of those disqualify you, you'll be able to start exchanging junk SSRs starting with the next banner, in whatever coin color that banner happens to naturally be, at a rate of 3 coins per card, assuming they don't change it for Global.

---

In other news, Jesus H Christ, 130 stamina for Bee Pan's EZ-Area, what the hell.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Thanks for the info! I feel like the coin exchange is more restrictive than it needs to be, but it’s still good it’s here

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

3 coins per unit is insanely generous

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/dokkan_official/status/1404710272279924741?s=20
https://twitter.com/dokkan_official/status/1404714977131253760?s=20
New Goku/Piccolo dual unit.

So, I'm assuming this means there's also a Garlic Jr. in the works at long last.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

you're behind because he was released weeks ago

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Aurora posted:

you're behind because he was released weeks ago

If I don't see it in this thread, it hasn't happened. :arghfist::saddowns:

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

the_steve posted:

If I don't see it in this thread, it hasn't happened. :arghfist::saddowns:

I have bad news for you.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

He didn't even get a dokkanfest... shameful....

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

They really are releasing tons of movie units as a build up for the new movie next year aren't they

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Got LR Tapion in my first discount multi, that was loving nuts. No animation either!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Y'all,

https://twitter.com/dokkan_official/status/1409716130139185183?s=19

https://twitter.com/dokkan_official/status/1409715752454610948?s=19

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I'm torn.
On one hand, holy loving poo poo, all that animation is badass.

On the other hand, goddamn, another Goku/Vegeta/Gogeta, seriously?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I mean, we haven't had a DBZ Gogeta in 3 years

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

*ignores all the other cool dokkanfests like gotrunks and videl and kid gohan* what's the deal with all these gokus??????

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I am glad all those other dokkanfest characters exist but Goku and Vegeta sell and keep the game alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Maybe death is better.